NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Oh my god. Sachiko fucking died after I finished the quest, the game auto-saved and now I have to start over. Is this for real? Only one save slot, perma-death and the game auto-saves over your manual save?

pcportable

Aug 4, 2017
Oh my god. Sachiko fucking died after I finished the quest, the game auto-saved and now I have to start over. Is this for real? Only one save slot, perma-death and the game auto-saves over your manual save?
Spoiler maybe ? Otherwhy you can go in your save file and make copy of it then keep it in case something go off i guess it is too late to do that for you.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Spoiler maybe ? Otherwhy you can go in your save file and make copy of it then keep it in case something go off i guess it is too late to do that for you.
Not really a spoiler. It wasn't a quest or something lore related, she just died in the final battle of a random quest and I didn't know that the game auto-saved over your manual save.
Yeah, from now on I won't let it happen again, but geez, this is quite a bit of time wasted.

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
Wth happened to the Rance 9 mangagamer translation? It was apparently completed in 2018 but it's still 0% edited...? Can't find literally any information.

Muff Diver

Gaming Legend & LoneWolf
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 18, 2016
Wth happened to the Rance 9 mangagamer translation? It was apparently completed in 2018 but it's still 0% edited...? Can't find literally any information.
Its coming they release them far apart so to enhance there sales they dont like to lose out on anything rance cause they know it has a great following

SoulStealer

Jun 7, 2017
Not really a spoiler. It wasn't a quest or something lore related, she just died in the final battle of a random quest and I didn't know that the game auto-saved over your manual save.
Yeah, from now on I won't let it happen again, but geez, this is quite a bit of time wasted.

Did you check in party formation after the quest? I had a "death" and she was waiting for me in the "reserve".

RoyalZel

Feb 22, 2019
Some good news about IX is that now that Quest Magnum has finally released, Mangagamer has already started to work on IX in earnest and is now 38% edited. . Given MG's rate of releasing at least one Rance game a year, IX could be out sometime next year provided they don't run into Quest-levels of issue during the programming phase.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
This is nice to see. Glad MangaGamer is putting in a great amount of effort into it now that Quest Magnum is out. I think as long as we get 1 Rance release a year considering the size of the few Rance games left would be a nice thing. Hope MangaGamer is also working on 03 and make a formal announcement when they are ready to reveal it.

NSoull

Mar 2, 2017
Did you check in party formation after the quest? I had a "death" and she was waiting for me in the "reserve".
Yeah, I found out recently that there is no such a thing as permadeath, it was just a lack of attention and assumption on my part

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
Mega for Sengoku Rance: "This folder/file was reported to contain objectionable content, such as Child Exploitation Material, Violent Extremism, or Bestiality. The link creator’s account has been closed and their full details, INCLUDING IP ADDRESS, have been provided to the authorities."
Muff Diver are you OK?

Rrtbfytyty

Mar 10, 2020
I think it's AppLoc and is short for locale a program that helps emulate your operating system being in another language, like Japanese, to improve compatibility with Japanese applications that weren't developed with an international audience in mind.
Does Locale Emulator work?

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Maybe some Rance veterans can help me understand since I only played Rance 6-7

But in Rance 6 why exactly did Kanami kill that kid in the disposable dungeon? Seemed out of nowhere and I feel like I missed an important part of her story since she had a lot of hate for him.

drwood

Jun 12, 2019
Maybe some Rance veterans can help me understand since I only played Rance 6-7

But in Rance 6 why exactly did Kanami kill that kid in the disposable dungeon? Seemed out of nowhere and I feel like I missed an important part of her story since she had a lot of hate for him.
I've played Rance 6 and I don't even remember that, maybe it was something that was meant to be expanded on but wasent

Eterna71

Mar 4, 2021
1. Here is the original Rance II translated titled, "Rance II [ENG]."
2. Rottenblock on the Alicesoft wiki so they can be played without a virtual machine.
3. Don't remember what it is entirely, I think its a sort of wrapper to help older Alicesoft games and many other games run in general could be entirely off base though.
Hello DuckDairyDip, I can't find the Rance II [ENG] in your link. Does it still exist ?
Thanks in advance ! ;)

Eterna71

Mar 4, 2021
Thank you so much for this. I'm surprised and happy to see there is an english translation of the original Rance II. It's surprisingly very hard to find on internet ^^ Yesterday I asked on VNDB if such a translation existed but they said no.

I'm probably the only guy on earth who wants to play the original game instead of either Rance 02 or Rance 02 Kai though ^^'

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes