diclo

Dec 6, 2020
Just going to ask it since i'm not about to go through 45 pages of forum to see if it's been asked and answered; so anyway: what do applock and inmm238 do/why do you need them?

Lizst

Jan 7, 2018
Just going to ask it since i'm not about to go through 45 pages of forum to see if it's been asked and answered; so anyway: what do applock and inmm238 do/why do you need them?
I think it's AppLoc and is short for locale a program that helps emulate your operating system being in another language, like Japanese, to improve compatibility with Japanese applications that weren't developed with an international audience in mind.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Man whoever designed the dungeons in Rance 6 deserves a special place in hell. Easily the most grindy Rance game of the collection

Reactions: ju1zzed

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Been waiting about 11 years for this. Hope it is a very good game and can't wait to see all it has to offer. Glad the Rance series has been seeing these English releases.

Dawoodi

Jan 17, 2018
Been waiting about 11 years for this. Hope it is a very good game and can't wait to see all it has to offer. Glad the Rance series has been seeing these English releases.
11 years yeah me too buddy i remember when rance quest released i played the shit out of that demo i'm so excited

kroto233

Jun 28, 2020
11 years yeah me too buddy i remember when rance quest released i played the shit out of that demo i'm so excited
Yup, same here. It's been... four years I've been waiting for it. What on earth took them so long anyway

Dawoodi

Jan 17, 2018
Yup, same here. It's been... four years I've been waiting for it. What on earth took them so long anyway
There was a fan translation of the game in the work but then mangagamer took over idk i think the translation was rest also they decide to re-translate Sengoku Rance first

Last edited:

White Tiger

Oct 30, 2017
A lot of the Rance games had fan translations, and when Mangagamer took over they hired most of the fan translators, then decided to release certain games first. Even if the game is fully translated, they'll take a few months to decide on a decent release date that doesn't conflict with other releases and they don't want to release Rance games too rapidly. If Mangagamer didn't have the rights to the translation, I'm pretty sure all of the games would have a semi decent translation by now. The good news is that they'll be focused on Rance 9 after this and not have so many projects, and hopefully Rance 03 is one of the secret projects that they got going on. Then it's onto Rance 10.

pAudio123

Feb 24, 2021
I'm pretty excited for Rance IX and X. I'm pleasantly surprised that IX is already 100% translated and that Quest is already out, they have been translating them at a good pace and I really hope X doesn't take more than two or three years.

The gameplay of Rance Quest is not my thing, because I like SRPGs way more. Another thing is that Quest barely has a plot, it focuses mostly on character development and ending the story of some minor characters, while introducing a few major characters.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
Man it can be hard to remember which ones I've already played, been a while and I changed comps. I think I played the original Hikari game, I played Rance 02, hmm, maybe that's it. Did the 02 remake come out before 01 remake? I wonder why I didn't play that. Maybe because I'd already played the original. That or I just forget it.

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes