tranqon

Oct 14, 2020
hello.. i never played this series, only got a glimpse from finishing evenicle rance. after browsing through this whole series' vndb, it said that rance 03 is the first game to include voice acting. and judging from the lack of voice actresses info from sengoku rance upwards, can i conclude that (so far) rance 03 is THE ONLY game in the series with voiced characters?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
hello.. i never played this series, only got a glimpse from finishing evenicle rance. after browsing through this whole series' vndb, it said that rance 03 is the first game to include voice acting. and judging from the lack of voice actresses info from sengoku rance upwards, can i conclude that (so far) rance 03 is THE ONLY game in the series with voiced characters?
Yes, 03 is the only one with voice acting. They were experimenting and I guess they didn't think it was worth it for the next Rance game which was the last Rance game, Rance X. Granted, Rance X is so big, it probably wouldn't have been worth it with different complex scenarios and so much text, even if they only voiced very little. The voice acting is quite good though, like I felt the voices fit each character and I didn't think I would enjoy a voiced Rance, but I felt it was handled well.

kkmonm

Sep 18, 2020
You could try redownloading the game and transfer your save file over or overwrite the existing game files, that might work.
I may just do that, then. I imagine that I'd be able to get through the game without the mission descriptions, maybe with the help of the wiki, but it is kind of annoying, ngl.

Edit: I have installed the Japanese pack in the "Preferred languages" tab in the Windows 10 settings and now the mission descriptions appear.

Last edited:

Jason_Meee

May 2, 2018
Hey, I was just wondering if Rance 03 will ever be put up here? I'm trying to play through all the "modern" rance games so I can bide my time for X to be translated and released. Is Rance 03 even translated itself?

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Hey, I was just wondering if Rance 03 will ever be put up here? I'm trying to play through all the "modern" rance games so I can bide my time for X to be translated and released. Is Rance 03 even translated itself?
Rance 03 is not translated and no translation in progress as far as we know. Likely, MangaGamer will release it within the next 2 years in preparation for the eventual release of Rance X.

gdsgsdg

Jul 6, 2017
Rance IV, is anyone else having a problem with tamanegis event, capture all monsters, i caught them all but when i click the event nothing happens?

KraftMacAndChee

Feb 12, 2019
Is there any hope for an eventual fan translation or official translation of Rance 03? Mangagamer seems to be slow on the draw when it comes to translating and releasing these games.

Aristocrat5

May 3, 2019
Is there any hope for an eventual fan translation or official translation of Rance 03? Mangagamer seems to be slow on the draw when it comes to translating and releasing these games.
These games have a huge amount of text and MangaGamer has been very fast with their translations. Hell, in 14 days Rance Quest Magnum will be released and before that we had Rance 5D/6 and 01/02/02Kai. Rance 9's translation is 100% done and Rance 10's 28%. If they get the license to 03 (if they don't already have it) the translation will not only be faster done than any fan stuff but will also include the corrected names as those got screwed up in previous fan translations.

Last edited:
Reactions: superelmo

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
They aren't really slow. The only time they were slow was due to Sengoku Rance having major engine and technical issues resulting in a long stall. We just got 01 + 02 a few months ago, got Sengoku a year before that and getting Quest Magnum in 2 weeks. The Rance titles not only have a lot of text, but can be very gameplay heavy especially in the newer titles resulting in thorough beta testing and fixes needing to be made. Plus, as evident in their previous releases, cleaning up the engine and adding QoL stuff here and there. There is no reason for them to rush out and announce 03 considering 03 would need 01 and 02 first chronologically and those only just came out a few months ago. Also, 03 was released between IX and X, with this, the remake references slight things that appear in Quest and IX. So, it would probably be preferable to translate and release 03 after IX but of course before the massive game that is X.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
I downloaded the original Rance 2, tried running as Japanese local and administrator, but got the message shown below. Also changed region to Japan, still same issue. Any ideas? Also if anyone knows why the original Rance 2 is much larger than the original Rance 1 and Rance 3, and is even bigger than either Rance 2 remake or Rance 2 Kai, that would be nice to know.

Rance_2_error.JPG

4.30 star(s) 11 Votes