VN Ren'Py Abandoned Rand Family Values: Daddy's Home [S1E1 Update1] [Jack Redd Games]

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

Alleyway

Nov 27, 2018
Am I correct in assuming that this game is now Abandoned?
The dev is currently dealing with real life right now. I've seen a LOT of abandoned games over the years, as I'm guessing you have as well, and it is rare, very rare, that a game with this much talent and care put into it just gets outright abandoned without explanation. She keeps her people updated on Discord, every month, to let them know her current state of being and whether or not she'll be starting her Patreon up again. This title is currently listed as On-Hold, and in this instance, I'm choosing to believe the Dev. Regardless, if this game does wind up getting shuttered completely, there's not a doubt in me that the Dev will eventually bring a game to full release in the future, even if it isn't this one.

Reactions: tyrannicpuppy

Apostate

Oct 14, 2017
This will probably be my very favorite Barely-Got-Started-But-Already-Abandoned game, followed probably by Quirky Quarantine. For Well-Into-Development-But-Abandoned it might go to My Sweet Neighbors, Polarity, Chains of Pleasure, Radiant, or Endowed.

Anyone else recommend favorite abandoned games?

Reactions: Sesinho

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
This will probably be my very favorite Barely-Got-Started-But-Already-Abandoned game, followed probably by Quirky Quarantine. For Well-Into-Development-But-Abandoned it might go to My Sweet Neighbors, Polarity, Chains of Pleasure, Radiant, or Endowed.

Anyone else recommend favorite abandoned games?
Come inside. I will always remember the name of that one. I can think of 4 or 5 which nams i cant remember. I hink i liked this one, I hope it doesnt meet the same tragic end.

Reactions: Apostate

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
All i can say is the dev did the right thing by the subs etc, they cancelled their Patreon etc so people aren't getting milked by them with nothing to show for it, and that's a good thing :) It's sad the game is on hold, cos i really like it, but at least the dev did the right thing by the subscribers :)

KnuckleDragger79

Sep 4, 2020
All i can say is the dev did the right thing by the subs etc, they cancelled their Patreon etc so people aren't getting milked by them with nothing to show for it, and that's a good thing :) It's sad the game is on hold, cos i really like it, but at least the dev did the right thing by the subscribers :)
Yeah, that move right there makes me want to subscribe if and when they start up the game again. I like a Dev that has integrity.

Reactions: Apostate

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
I don't see this one coming back and with patreon gone and the website gone I no longer have any hope for this once great game.

Reactions: pgm_01
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes