D

Deleted member 1310400

This might sound really stupid, but is act 1 supposed to be just a black screen with text? I have no images except the girls in the corner

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Hey, I remember playing this quite some time ago. Thought it was pretty original to play something other than the stereotypical MCs found in other games, namely a dragon. I recall that I really dug that perspective. ^^ I also enjoyed the sandboxy nature of the game (despite, at the time, what you can actually do). And omg, can we take a moment to applaud the efforts of the voice actors? Some were better at expressing their characters than others but overall there was some quality stuff packed into the game. Even now, I recall how menacing the Dragon was or how chirpy Darja was. Great stuff! Plus, the game also had nice, hand-drawn art unique to it. In addition, whenever I've looked I've found that the dev team was really on top of things to communicate with everyone about what's up with the project; and, if memory serves, they even touch base with the fans found on these forums. All good things to hear. :]

As I said, I haven't played this in a really long time. I tried playing a "good" dragon despite the feeling that the game wants to push you into another direction. Got the Dragon to be astonishingly charming with a small cadre of followers as I recall. There were some fun, interesting scenes / interactions there. So, I got a question for all the awesome folks out there playing this neat game, is it really possible to play the "good guy dragon" and succeed; and, is the content fleshed out for that angle? Or does the game still wants to steer you and play in a certain way to progress well? Thanks in advance, and remember not to kill or eat everyone while being a dragon in RL! xD Stay cool guys, and be safe! ;]

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
As I said, I haven't played this in a really long time. I tried playing a "good" dragon despite the feeling that the game wants to push you into another direction. Got the Dragon to be astonishingly charming with a small cadre of followers as I recall. There were some fun, interesting scenes / interactions there. So, I got a question for all the awesome folks out there playing this neat game, is it really possible to play the "good guy dragon" and succeed; and, is the content fleshed out for that angle? Or does the game still wants to steer you and play in a certain way to progress well?
It's possible to play a high-mercy path but you will have fewer opportunities to build up your strength—just as a high-cruelty playthrough will yield fewer charm gains—leading to a slightly unbalanced build. Both are viable, as is a middle-of-the-road, mix-and-match approach, but you may want to glance at the walkthrough to plan out your stat gains a bit.

I haven't counted, but my impression is you'll have more developed content for a "good guy dragon" than otherwise, especially in terms of romance/sex options.

Reactions: Back

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It's possible to play a high-mercy path but you will have fewer opportunities to build up your strength—just as a high-cruelty playthrough will yield fewer charm gains—leading to a slightly unbalanced build. Both are viable, as is a middle-of-the-road, mix-and-match approach, but you may want to glance at the walkthrough to plan out your stat gains a bit.

I haven't counted, but my impression is you'll have more developed content for a "good guy dragon" than otherwise, especially in terms of romance/sex options.
I got curious and did a little script analysis:
StatGainsChecks
Strength3223
Charm1126
Potency5515
Cruelty349
Mercy4011
'Gains' is how many opportunities to increase the stat there are, and 'Checks' is how many times the stat is checked.

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
As I said, I haven't played this in a really long time. I tried playing a "good" dragon despite the feeling that the game wants to push you into another direction. Got the Dragon to be astonishingly charming with a small cadre of followers as I recall. There were some fun, interesting scenes / interactions there. So, I got a question for all the awesome folks out there playing this neat game, is it really possible to play the "good guy dragon" and succeed; and, is the content fleshed out for that angle? Or does the game still wants to steer you and play in a certain way to progress well? Thanks in advance, and remember not to kill or eat everyone while being a dragon in RL! xD Stay cool guys, and be safe! ;]
Playing merciful is possible but playing pacifist is not. You are being hunted, and despite your best efforts everyone sees you as a monster (because you look like one and legacy left by your ancestors). Playing merciful is more about are you huge dick or not. To survive you need to eat cattle (steal) and make alliances (infernals, chutlu, evil wizard, retard kobold horde, savage furries, swamp zombies or totally honourable mercenaries). Concessional sex is possible with couple of characters (farm girl is quite nice and she can remain innocent, fan girl is good with you as well and you can pay to Enid to compensate her violation). Then there is revenge sex with elfs, they either want to kill you, enslave you or in some other way exploit you (plus they see you as inferior fool). It is up to you decide if revenge sex is less moral than mind enslaving. If you have been behaving well you can convince the huntress to join you, I am sure she will be very handy in future chapters.
Even if you were as merciful as possible in chapter IV politics kick in. Will you plunder every holding and murder their inhabitants or sacrifice one girl? Like in crusader kings if you won't ever do anything unethical you won't gain any real power. Politics never are clean.

4.60 star(s) 199 Votes