_Maou_

Jun 2, 2018
Version 4.3.12, Knights & Nightmares

Dev Notes

• We are about to start our second phase of Act V playtesting! But I wanted to get a (slightly early) monthly update out first, so that we can properly focus on it. I hope you enjoy some of the fruits of the last few weeks!
  • MVP of this build is Soulphase, for doing a quite tremendous amount of work to refresh all of our translations. We are still looking for more help, so let me know if you’re bilingual and have some time to spare!
Features

• Fate: Naho’s infernal fate (collab with DoItToJulia and Null).
  • Fate: A followup to Sabetha & Inej’s protean fate (collab with DoItToJulia and Null).
  • Art: Chanwe’s kobold fate (Lubbio).
  • Art: Darja’s anal scene, remastered (Lubbio).
  • Art: Darja’s anal scene, nude variant (Lubbio).
  • Art: Marie-Anne’s protean fate (Lubbio).
  • Art: Naho’s protean fate (Lubbio).
  • Art: Character art for various guards, remastered (Irrelevant Art).
  • Art: Character art for drakesgard (Irrelevant Art).
  • Art: Character art for the drakesgard commander (Irrelevant Art).
  • Art: A new ‘overwhelmed’ emote for Darja (Irrelevant Art).
  • Animation: Animated idles for Malagar, gauntleted version (Amon Ra).
  • Animation: Animated idles for Malice, remastered and extended (Amon Ra)
  • Animation: Animated idles for Malice, nude variants (Amon Ra).
  • Voice: Many of the dragon’s lines for conquest decisions (GreyScale).
  • Voice: Many of the dragon’s lines for Mina’s heist (GreyScale).
  • Voice: Malagar’s arrival, surprise naked Darja variant (Robin Peakway).
  • Voice: Malagar’s goofy laboratory intro (Robin Peakway).
  • Voice: Malagar’s plans for transanguination (Robin Peakway).
  • Voice: The rest of Malagar’s part in Heloise’s bad science scene (Robin Peakway).
  • Voice: Mina’s bed of riches scene (Marina Montague).
  • Voice: Valzira’s vaginal scene (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Valzira’s pregnancy reveal (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Valzira’s captive interrogation (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Valzira’s kobold fate, and its followup (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Valzira’s wolfman fate, and its followup (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Valzira’s mercenary fate, and its followup (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Zizeryx’s ignition scene (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Zizeryx’s part in the conquest of Pale Rock (Jezebeth).
  • Voice: Zizeryx’s part in Marie-Anne’s fate followup (Jezebeth).
  • Translation: Czech, menus and up to the end of Act I (DragonRiderMax).
  • Translation: The French, German, Polish, Russian, and Spanish translations have all been refreshed and improved (Soulphase).
Tweaks

• The Chinese (Traditional) translation has been removed from the game’s options because we cannot currently keep it up to date. If you speak Chinese and can help us restore either of the translations, please get in touch!
  • The French Act II translations are under heavy maintenance, so they have been temporarily removed. They’ll be back in the next update!
  • Markers for when you reach the end of current content have been refreshed, so they will not play if there is still some way of progressing a character’s plotline (such as making them consort).
  • Chanwe’s existing scenes have been amended to make use of her new emotional range.
  • Darja’s forced scene will reflect your previously-established hole preference.
  • Guards throughout the game have been visually differentiated by type, and rank.
  • The old style idle animations for the guards have been archived, while we await the new versions.
  • Malice recognises if she is being named after one of her mothers.
  • Audio and visual direction for Marie-Anne’s protean fate scene has been improved.
  • Visiting the proteans will show unseen fate followups before any repeats.
  • Supporter credits in the About page have been updated.
  • Writing and VA credits in the Gallery have been updated.
  • Heloise’s wolfman fate has been added to the gallery.
  • Naho’s protean fate has been added to the gallery.
  • Malagar now has a gallery page of his own.
  • Gallery scenes have been ordered in a more consistent way.
Fixes

• Automatic language assignment will only happen once, on first bootup, rather than every time you load the game.
  • Adeline’s nude character animations work correctly.
  • Captives that are busy receiving Breaker’s HR services will not be available for other purposes.
  • Malice will not consider people as potential mothers if they are in the tender care of your hordes.
  • The climax of Malice’s dream scene animation arrives slightly later.
  • Mina’s consort promotion properly reflects her current state of dress.
  • Sabetha’s animated idles no longer make the occasional visit to Schroedinger’s black box.
  • Valzira’s “Unwanted Delivery” scene has been restored to the gallery.
  • Game text has been aligned with VA in several places.

• Support the game! , or
    Join the discord!

Jan 28, 2018
So just to be sure from what I see so far, the Royal Reunion scene can only be viewed when purchased at this time? Considering there is still more chapters to come, does that mean I can wait until the scene becomes visible on a public build?

Or does it mean we dont get to see it on later builds until it is purchased?

I dont mind really paying for it really, I would gladly support the developer. Its definitely one of the better ones out there : )

Just want to be sure before I commit the purchase. Would like to know please. Thank you.

Kalenz123

Dec 13, 2018
So just to be sure from what I see so far, the Royal Reunion scene can only be viewed when purchased at this time? Considering there is still more chapters to come, does that mean I can wait until the scene becomes visible on a public build?

I dont mind really paying for it really, I would gladly support the developer. Its definitely one of the better ones out there : )

Just want to be sure before I commit the purchase. Would like to know please. Thank you.
4minutewarning

No more public releases after chapter 5 :cry:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017

The Royal Reunion scene and everything that comes after it (all of Act V) is exclusive to the paid version of the game and will never be public. Everything before that, including any and all scenes added retroactively, will be public. So yeah you'll only be able to finish the game if you buy it or wait for someone here to leak it when Act V finally goes live.

Reactions: SpaceMarine1989

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
The Royal Reunion scene and everything that comes after it (all of Act V) is exclusive to the paid version of the game and will never be public. Everything before that, including any and all scenes added retroactively, will be public. So yeah you'll only be able to finish the game if you buy it or wait for someone here to leak it when Act V finally goes live.
So what, this is basically finished soon then, if all of Chapter V is pay walled?

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
i dont mind waiting sooner or later it will end up here

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
i was trying to debate if i should grab this update or not BECAUSE lately every update give or take about half a year or so now i been sitting at the ending of taking over the tower,etc waiting for NEXT MAP
after reading all the posts today seems ONLY people that pay for content will be getting all the new maps and continuation,etc so that said im done grabbing updates to save myself all the time and disappointment
gonna wait for a leaked completed version its disappointing BUT on the other side of the coin (no pun intended)
it would be more then worth paying for BUT in my case money is to tight and cant afford it (real life)

• Haha
Reactions: virus115

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
Fun part is that if you have a save with the Royal Reunion scene, it still work on the public version... Meaning that you have that scene on the public version but only accesible behind a pay-wall version (without the save).

I know that this is a place where anyone can upload and download games for free, so makes no sense to be critical with certain moves... But I cannot avoid to make comparisons.

There is a great indie developer called Locomalito (maybe you know him, his speciality are 2D games with huge emphasis on arcade style and retro graphics). All his games (as far I know) are free and you can download the full PC versions on his site, then after a certain time he made port versions for another platforms. I enjoyed a lot Hydorah (a shmup) on PC and then I decided to buy the PS4/Vita version. Both versions are the same more or less and there isn't paywall content.

Then we have this, a great game with great story, characters, decisions, etc... That it's offered mainly for free except the last part (that coincidentally it's when the story it's in its most interesting place) that it's behind a paywall. I don't think it's a great idea/move. I prefer if both versions are the same and have the same content... Because thanks to that it's very probable that people that have the free version, will buy the steam/whatever paid version.

It's gonna be like this for another similar games? Lots of waiting time between updates and just in the end put the final part and probably the best content in a paywall version? I don't know, in the end it doesn't matter.

But... Well, it's their game and they make the decisions that they think are the best. I'm just only giving my opinion.

4.60 star(s) 207 Votes