• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 4 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Fabossa

Nov 9, 2022
Guessing from the tags and discription you are currently the one corrupting others correct? If so i guess ill have to wait a while till their is some decent amount of reverse corruption but the game sounds interesting for sure.

Chronwalk

Mar 18, 2019
Just comenting for now to get updates, once the game's done I'll give it a shot and see how it goes, the idea of a corruption focused game, with Roguelike touches is interesting...

lewdgirl69

Nov 22, 2019
I might've encountered a bug in 0.5c. It seems to take longer to capture villagers from the forest on subsequent runs, at least I cannot capture the very first villager in less than 10 "turns" now. On the previous run I had captured a lot of villagers and this is the first time it's been this slow to capture the first one, and my base adaptation skill is higher than ever now.

Obviously the time to capture should reset between deaths.

Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
The worst part is that you don't just start from the beginning, you start from the very beginning, performing the same series of actions again and again with no new actions becoming available, even when you hit your ceiling for that section.

Max2468

Jun 30, 2020
Love the idea behind the game, only thing i don't like at the moment is the lack of being able to save. Looking forward to what this game will become though

• Red Heart
Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I might've encountered a bug in 0.5c. It seems to take longer to capture villagers from the forest on subsequent runs, at least I cannot capture the very first villager in less than 10 "turns" now. On the previous run I had captured a lot of villagers and this is the first time it's been this slow to capture the first one, and my base adaptation skill is higher than ever now.

Obviously the time to capture should reset between deaths.
Are you sure about that? I just tested it and the time cost seem to reset to "200" when I get a gameOver. Beside I did 2 loop in a row, and both ended with me having exactly 71 notoriety with building 5 cell and hunting 5 humans, which makes me think it didn't increase.
Maybe you didn't take into account double time (when you loose focus of the game, the game pause but get time with double speed when you regain focus of the game)
The worst part is that you don't just start from the beginning, you start from the very beginning, performing the same series of actions again and again with no new actions becoming available, even when you hit your ceiling for that section.
There is more to it, yes you reset to the very begining but as you progress farther, the choices you can make changes and at some point you can even skip the whole "tutorial section" once you have the ritual of repetition.
Love the idea behind the game, only thing i don't like at the moment is the lack of being able to save. Looking forward to what this game will become though
Thank you, please note the game autosave everytime you hit a gameOver. Loops shouldn't be too long and later I'll add a way to force reset, of course it won't save your in-loop progress, so maybe I'll think of something if loop tend to take longer as content is added.

lewdgirl69

Nov 22, 2019
I am sure, because my strategy involves timing the captures, and the first capture was unusually slow compared to other runs (took more time than I accounted for). However in subsequent runs it went back to normal, so it seems like it was okay. On the run it was slow I was worried it wasn't resetting, also it was the first capture, subsequent captures seemed fast again. Maybe a one-off glitch. Thanks for checking. I now allot more time for the first capture, just in case, and haven't had any problems.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
You are right, the cost reset when reseting was only working after the first time you use the action, it will be fixed next patch thank you. That's why I could'nt notice it when doing it 2 loop in a row cause both had their first one with increased time, so I coudln't see a difference.
edit : The problem might be on several action so I'll check them all, will be fixed in 0.6.

• Red Heart
Reactions: lewdgirl69

AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
What is Total Skill Level supposed to do?
Looking at the code it looks like the Total is used for Fighting, for the Spy event and for various displayed number, but only the base skill level is used to speed up actions.
I think it is safe to assume it is a bug: why would the Drones increase your Total Construction if it is never used?

I'm still not a fan of the stats progression: your skill value is the logarithm of the time you spent on it. Your base skills increase fast at first but barely increase later on and there is no way to make it faster. This is a big issue if the game relies on skill increases to progress. When I reached the point where the Spy event was available, I needed a vast increase to my Adaptation skill to reach the threshold. After spending two runs focusing on capturing humans and seeing it would take me 2-3 more frustrating runs to achieve the goal, I stopped. My skills were increasing too slowly to make progress, and skill increases were the only thing I could improve after minimizing the amount of time spent on other steps and focusing on making Mindless Adaptation-boosting slaves.

The Mana Ritual seems like a good way to work around this issue. It doesn't remove anything from the game, but gives you the option to skip most Mana upgrades and spend this time elsewhere. The exponential nature of the Ritual also gives if a functional cap that you can play around for future challenges. The Mana upgrades are still there and can serve as tools for further challenges too.
A whole game could be made with only goals that increase your starting resources, a big puzzle for the player trying to find the next goal that can be reached.

I didn't invest in the other rituals as I don't mind clicking trough the intro. I usually fill up on mana during the intro too, I don't know if I would start with 80 mana after skipping it.

I think the Sidekick might be bugged? I always had the +20% Sidekick bonus when I checked the stats panel, is that something you get from the Intro when using Puppetry? I didn't spend time reading the story or seeking the code behind it, it might just be me being dumb.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
What is Total Skill Level supposed to do?
Looking at the code it looks like the Total is used for Fighting, for the Spy event and for various displayed number, but only the base skill level is used to speed up actions.
I think it is safe to assume it is a bug: why would the Drones increase your Total Construction if it is never used?

I'm still not a fan of the stats progression: your skill value is the logarithm of the time you spent on it. Your base skills increase fast at first but barely increase later on and there is no way to make it faster. This is a big issue if the game relies on skill increases to progress. When I reached the point where the Spy event was available, I needed a vast increase to my Adaptation skill to reach the threshold. After spending two runs focusing on capturing humans and seeing it would take me 2-3 more frustrating runs to achieve the goal, I stopped. My skills were increasing too slowly to make progress, and skill increases were the only thing I could improve after minimizing the amount of time spent on other steps and focusing on making Mindless Adaptation-boosting slaves.

The Mana Ritual seems like a good way to work around this issue. It doesn't remove anything from the game, but gives you the option to skip most Mana upgrades and spend this time elsewhere. The exponential nature of the Ritual also gives if a functional cap that you can play around for future challenges. The Mana upgrades are still there and can serve as tools for further challenges too.
A whole game could be made with only goals that increase your starting resources, a big puzzle for the player trying to find the next goal that can be reached.

I didn't invest in the other rituals as I don't mind clicking trough the intro. I usually fill up on mana during the intro too, I don't know if I would start with 80 mana after skipping it.

I think the Sidekick might be bugged? I always had the +20% Sidekick bonus when I checked the stats panel, is that something you get from the Intro when using Puppetry? I didn't spend time reading the story or seeking the code behind it, it might just be me being dumb.
Yep, looks like a bug, I'll fix it in 0.6 and rebalance the game accordingly.

The skill progression will also scale with sidekick/army in 0.6 I wanted to wait to be sure the game was balanced before doing it but I'll need this mechanic in 0.6 anyway.

The spy event and the one that come right after are the last 2 event of the game, so I think it's fine if you have to wait a couple run before you can do them, especialy if you have other things to push like rituals.

You can still play the intro even once you've unlocked the ritual to skip it.

Mindless Selene give a flat 20% bonus to everything, but there is another transformation for her that give a different bonus that scale with her stats. The plan is to have different transformation for you sidekick that require different stats to achieve and give different bonus based on their stats, even if for now there is only 2 and this section is a bit empty. In 0.6 or 0.7 you'll be able to modify your sidekick's stats.

Reactions: AMereShadow

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
is there a way to move my save date? i wanted to move what file it was saved in (from downloaded to the actualt folder i keep for these games) only to find out i dont have my save anymore. and i tried moving it back and yeah my saves gone, i guess dont overwrite the old version with the new one

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
It is supposed to save it in appdata.
%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[profile]\storage\default for firefox for instance.
That being said there is no easy way to use this file, if you add some javascript line of code you can probably load it, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.

Silvar0Aim

Nov 21, 2021
I wish that you weren't the corrupting.. I love games where you get corrupted or can be so this isn't exactly my cup of tea but by what I've seen it's a very good game

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I wish that you weren't the corrupting.. I love games where you get corrupted or can be so this isn't exactly my cup of tea but by what I've seen it's a very good game
Glad you like it nonetheless, there will be some scene in which you are the one being changed later, but I don't want to give too much detail.

lewdgirl69

Nov 22, 2019
I found the construction bug last night but looks like it's already known. I was fighting scouts so I had dozens of drones, which gave me over 100 total construction but making slime traps was still slow as if I had no drones at all, so that got me killed in short order vs like 90-130 scouts.

I don't know whether it's a bug or not, but I defeated 140 strength worth of scouts with only 90 fighting power. If that was villagers it would be a loss.

I did run into a UI bug. At 2560 resolution, if I have Slimes, Drones, both kinds of slaves, slime traps, cells and engravings, then I can't see how many masks I have. This happens earlier at lower resolutions.

Last edited:

AMereShadow

Feb 12, 2018
since i have to restart anyone got any tips for effectly leveling my stats/what i should prioritize during my early runs? also what exactly levels adaptation and does fighting only incresses from the invasions?

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I found the construction bug last night but looks like it's already known. I was fighting scouts so I had dozens of drones, which gave me over 100 total construction but making slime traps was still slow as if I had no drones at all, so that got me killed in short order vs like 90-130 scouts.

I don't know whether it's a bug or not, but I defeated 140 strength worth of scouts with only 90 fighting power. If that was villagers it would be a loss.

I did run into a UI bug. At 2560 resolution, if I have Slimes, Drones, both kinds of slaves, slime traps, cells and engravings, then I can't see how many masks I have. This happens earlier at lower resolutions.
-Yep known will be fixed next version for sure.
-Hmm Idk, are you sure there was 140 remaining? And not 140 total, cause if you trap 5 scout you reduce their fighting power by 50.
-I'll try to split slaves/demons by main role later I guess so they don't take as much space.
since i have to restart anyone got any tips for effectly leveling my stats/what i should prioritize during my early runs? also what exactly levels adaptation and does fighting only incresses from the invasions?
In 0.5c the best way to "farm" exp is to try to survive as long as possible, so maximize making masked slave and don't make slime early. When you thinkl the next wave is going to kill you, make slimes/traps to weaken it so you survived one more wave.

Yong231

Jul 13, 2022
I think a manual save button will be better for now, the game became laggy to me when I use mediate with total 30+ magic skill as the game will freeze for about 1 second for every 3 mana accumulated. The game crashed as soon as I was defeated and pooped out an error by google, all mana invested on ritual and the skill reverted to last saved status.

Since current version is only 0.5c, I hope it will be fixed/improved in future. May I know whether the old save is compatible with new version in future?

Reactions: lewdgirl69

lewdgirl69

Nov 22, 2019
-Hmm Idk, are you sure there was 140 remaining? And not 140 total, cause if you trap 5 scout you reduce their fighting power by 50.
Yep, I'm sure, and I figured out Scouts have 1 strength in the calculation now, the same as villagers. Otherwise there should be no way that I'm beating 300 Scouts (3000 power) with no slimes and just 300 fighting power and yet I did, and I tested 410 scouts with 400 power and lost. I think that you're not supposed to be able to beat 300-400 scouts in 0.5c period, so with the bug I'm ahead of the game right now.

Honestly I could get a bit farther than 400 scouts with the bug, but not much. The construction bug still exists so I can only practically make like 30-40 slime traps anyway, it becomes a real slog to make more after 20 or so. I'm hard capped by how slow it is to get villagers and craft slime traps, otherwise if I could farm villagers, with 1 strength scouts I would just forget slimes and make endless masked slaves. In 0.5c drone strength is still important to get as far as possible, so kinda still need to make 30 slime traps and keep them full either way.

Btw, the problem with "hunting villager" in 0.5c also extends to wall engravings, but you probably knew that already. The first engraving you make in a run after making a lot of engraving(practically just training construction skill because everything else is hard to raise now) is really slow, but the 2nd is fast.

Re: manual save, I'm also running out of memory and having the game crash and lose progress. I play multiple games but yeah.

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 5 Votes