• We will be performing maintenance to upgrade some of our forum tools. During this time, the site will remain online, but you may encounter some errors until the maintenance is complete. The report and search functions will be unavailable until the maintenance is complete.

Maintenance is expected to last up to 9 hours.

The maintenance window will start on Thursday, 2024/07/04, at: 1:00 PM GMT / 3:00 PM CEST / 9:00 AM EDT / 6:00 AM PDT / 12:00 AM AEDT

Thank you for your patience.

Thalya31FR

Sep 8, 2018
Bonjour, alors je viens rectifier mon avis le lien avec le hot fix a régler mes problèmes du coup pour l'instant je, mais 15/20 pour le jeu actuel merci de votre réponse précédente et je tiens donc à m'excuser de ne pas avoir vu le hot fix bonne journée à vous.

Reactions: GratuitousLove

SumNoob

Nov 30, 2021
ran into a bug, I do the beginning of the tutorial until you strengthen the spell, it then is revealed to have cost 15 mana instead of the listed 5 and I have to meditate because I can't use the rest button. When I inevitably die to Selene it just sys "undefined" after the line about vision getting blurry

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
ran into a bug, I do the beginning of the tutorial until you strengthen the spell, it then is revealed to have cost 15 mana instead of the listed 5 and I have to meditate because I can't use the rest button. When I inevitably die to Selene it just sys "undefined" after the line about vision getting blurry
I see, I'll try to fix this in 0.6.
For now, I'm pretty sure that if you retry to do it a couple time, the bonus you'll gain in magic skill will allow you to get 15 mana fast enough. Unless you got the bug that make notoriety bar go faster (will be fixed in 0.6 too) then you should refresh your browser after your death to remove the bug.

zaxzax642

May 23, 2020
is there possibility that puppetry have new branch like masked slave?
maybe it will be great addition to make a new army and upgrade normal mindless stat .

also the main story map too cramped with the main tab in the future if you make a lot place

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
is there possibility that puppetry have new branch like masked slave?
maybe it will be great addition to make a new army and upgrade normal mindless stat .

also the main story map too cramped with the main tab in the future if you make a lot place
For now puppetry is mainly a way to keep Selene in check until you're able to do other brainwashing techniques, I know I'll add more content with sidekicks, but 0.6 will mainly focus on the addition on the next character.

Troqu

Aug 6, 2017
For now, I'm pretty sure that if you retry to do it a couple time, the bonus you'll gain in magic skill will allow you to get 15 mana fast enough. Unless you got the bug that make notoriety bar go faster (will be fixed in 0.6 too) then you should refresh your browser after your death to remove the bug.
Honestly I thought this was intentional. Kind of like the first introduction to losing through not enough time compared to losing through a wrong choice (though at the moment thats really the only non-time based loss)

Reactions: MorahYaladim

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Honestly I thought this was intentional. Kind of like the first introduction to losing through not enough time compared to losing through a wrong choice (though at the moment thats really the only non-time based loss)
Yep I designed it so you loose the first run and there is nothing you can do about it.
But they said they lost a second time, normaly you should have enough mana to reach at least the masked path the second time.

tevazi

Jul 10, 2022
i think the "notoriety progresses at double speed" happens because of higher screen refresh rate. Not sure how the game updates its state, but setting "layout.refresh_rate" to 60 in firefox seems to make it manageable to actually play.

Last edited:

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
i think the "notoriety progresses at double speed" happens because of higher screen refresh rate. Not sure how the game updates its state, but setting "layout.refresh_rate" to 60 in firefox seems to make it manageable to actually play.
Hmm I don't think it's about that.
I think I just have some loop that stack when they shouldn't,I'm not sure yet, I have changed the way the time advance and i'm progressively moving every piece of code that was time dependant to a single "timeTick" function so I'll see if it's fixed when I'm done.

Reactions: Jaxter

tevazi

Jul 10, 2022
Hmm I don't think it's about that.
I think I just have some loop that stack when they shouldn't,I'm not sure yet, I have changed the way the time advance and i'm progressively moving every piece of code that was time dependant to a single "timeTick" function so I'll see if it's fixed when I'm done.
I see. When I had programmed something similar for a game of mine, i used setTimeout and everything was in that one function.

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
i liked the idea. kind of seems like we are forced in to losing repeatedly, though, which i kind of got bored of.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
i liked the idea. kind of seems like we are forced in to losing repeatedly, though, which i kind of got bored of.
Yeah this is kind of roguelite game, you're trying to go farther and farther after every fail.
Sorry if this is not your thing, note that you unlock way to skip part of the game once you progressed far enough.

IcedQuinn

Feb 17, 2020
Yeah this is kind of roguelite game, you're trying to go farther and farther after every fail.
most of the modern rogue-lites you hit some kind of "win" condition before getting looped back to the start. then the additional mechanics are added in some way and you start another round. ex. World of Horror you win and then unlock more cards that make it harder down the line. Loop Hero you finish a loop and buy more difficulty. Against the Storm much the same.

losing because you just physically can't race the timer feels kind of... :cry:

Reactions: GratuitousLove

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
most of the modern rogue-lites you hit some kind of "win" condition before getting looped back to the start. then the additional mechanics are added in some way and you start another round. ex. World of Horror you win and then unlock more cards that make it harder down the line. Loop Hero you finish a loop and buy more difficulty. Against the Storm much the same.

losing because you just physically can't race the timer feels kind of... :cry:
This is interesting feedback, I might add some half way ending. I could add something like slay the spire, in which you can "end" a loop by defeating 3 bosses, but if you want to reach "real" end you have gather 3 keyor something and fight the last boss. I could try to make a path in which the player can achieve some kind of victory, that wouldn't be as hard or as complete as the true path so player can have an ending before the game is actualy complete... That being said that won't be possible in 0.7 and unlikely in 0.8. It would take time for me to do it properly and I need to do it in a way that it won't break the balance of the game.
Initaly I wanted to have a single "ending" which would offer a true reset that would remove everything the player had but offer some kind of new prestige upgrades to offer replayability. Then I would choose to either make a post game content or a new game. I have idea for post game content, but I don't know if it's worth it to explore them, I'll see when the core game is done and prolly ask my patronsif they want more of this or me making one of the few ideas I have for my next games.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
For what it's worth 'Stuck in Time' has a similar feel and an actual ending.
Idle Loops (and a couple of other time-reset idle games like Increlution) has a similar gameplay loop.

I really like this game. I just want more of it.
The only request I might have is a manual reset button.

Other than that you're doing great, keep up the good work.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
For what it's worth 'Stuck in Time' has a similar feel and an actual ending.
Idle Loops (and a couple of other time-reset idle games like Increlution) has a similar gameplay loop.

I really like this game. I just want more of it.
The only request I might have is a manual reset button.

Other than that you're doing great, keep up the good work.
Manual reset will be in 0.7, was supposed to be in 0.6 I had to spend a lot of time in 0.6 event as they were quite tricky to write but I should be able to focus more on gameplay mechanics/content in 0.7.

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
I just updated the op so you can download 0.6 from here.
This update focus on story and events rather than adding gameplay mechanics, you can have more details in the changelog in the OP.
Again feedback is always valuable so feel free to tell me what you think about the update.

Stormaggeddon

Aug 2, 2020
Did you fix this in 0.6? I am also getting the undefined error when meditating after touching the crystal. I have tried saving up to 15 mana and then touching the crystal but I die once I get to 9 or 10 mana. I have tried doing it multiple times but never got the bonus in magic skill

GratuitousLove

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2022
Did you fix this in 0.6? I am also getting the undefined error when meditating after touching the crystal. I have tried saving up to 15 mana and then touching the crystal but I die once I get to 9 or 10 mana. I have tried doing it multiple times but never got the bonus in magic skill
I'll have to take a look but you should increase magic level when you meditate et it should be saved when you die. Maybe It's not enough anymore since I changed the scaling. I'm a bit busy right now but I'll do more testing tomorrow.

2.60 star(s) 5 Votes