CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
The Samurai Champloo Soundtrack fits perfect for this game somehow.
I use Ren'Py's as I write, which means that the writing is never produced independently from the other media elements (backgrounds, character sprites, facial expressions, animations, music, sound effects, et al.) Writing the script independently and filling in the details to match would be easier, but this method ensures greater cohesion of all the multimedia elements. After all, I'm not writing a novel, but a visual novel.

So, this is not a full game!. I got this message (this content is not exist or for patreon only)
It is indeed not, as the frequent updates, updating changelog show, and a version number being below 1.0 in the thread topic point out.
The game has 14-ish hours of content, but it remains a work in progress with updates every 2 weeks. You can check the route flowchart included with each release to see where all the content is.

Lance Lot

Sep 13, 2017
Anyone can tell me how good the game is currently? The first few comments seem to not like it a lot but they are over a year old, how's the game come along so far?

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Anyone can tell me how good the game is currently? The first few comments seem to not like it a lot but they are over a year old, how's the game come along so far?
If you're on the fence about reading now, I suggest waiting until Zoey's sprites come in because the edits to the start are waiting for those before they can begin.

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Glancing at the flow chart, this game has enough premature endings it needs a walkthrough mod.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Glancing at the flow chart, this game has enough premature endings it needs a walkthrough mod.
I don't consider 4 stub ending to be a lot, especially when compared to comparable projects with literally dozens of stubs. 4 of the 2 stub endings are actively written branches (Britney and Keisuke).

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I don't consider 4 stub ending to be a lot, especially when compared to comparable projects with literally dozens of stubs. 4 of the 2 stub endings are actively written branches (Britney and Keisuke).
I'm just glancing through the flow chart yo! Also an advantage of having a walkthrough mod is that there is no need for the flow charts :D

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Zoey's male uniform sprites just came in!

scaled merged.png
As you can see, this outfit has 3 distinct variations:
  1. Ripped Loose: Zach right after he turns into Zoey via re:/Dreamer. Her giant breasts have torn open the top of her dress shirt, popped off several buttons, and have lifted the bottom hem, and her thick thighs and big butt have ripped her pants at the seams, exposing her boxers.
  2. Bound Chest: Zoey as she goes about her day-to-day life as Zach, keeping her gender change a secret. Her chest is tightly wrapped with a and while it is not reflected in these sprites as our artist hasn't finished the hairstyle, her hair is shrunk down to a boyish length via re:/Dreamer.
  3. Unbound Chest: Zoey wearing her male uniform, but her chest wrappings underneath her dress shirt have come undone.
All versions are fully modular, which means that each feature a removable blazer, tie, underwear, and pants.

These sprites were drawn on commission from the fantastic , who is currently taking commissions over Twitter. Upon completion at a later date, they will be featured in the game.

If you'd like to see the full-resolution versions of these sprites that I can't post here due to forum limitations, as well as the pending GUI change for 0.6.0, you can do so by

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
I'm not sure I understand. How would this walkthrough mod function?
same as every other one. If a choice adds to a character, it's either hilighted, has a parenthetical notation, or both. If it's not implemented or leads to a bad end, it says it's not implemented or leads to a bad end

libertypics

Jan 23, 2019
" Mosaic on certain placeholder HCGs, though everything is planned to be uncensored "

Don't bother with until that happens, gotcha. :LOL:

Tara Mede

Sep 1, 2017
I would definitely recommend the game to others in its current state. I'm generally really only interested in the Britney/yuri content (there is currently not a ton of content right now), but the Keisuke (friend/straight) route has a couple of in game days of content in the current version. The Britney route will be getting more content in the near future as well, as it won over more Keisuke content in a recent patreon poll. I see some people here complaining about the amount of story/words/text, but it seems like a pretty normal amount for a visual novel to me so far. The quality of the writing also seems pretty high to me, and if you mess with the sliders for the personality variables you can get customize the amount of flavor text you get.

Anyway, the dev team is active on patreon, discord, here, and TFGS, they have most of their character sprites now, they have been keeping a fairly steady release schedule, and they have detailed a pretty in depth outline on their patreon for their future plans for the game routes. This is what you want to see from a developer in a community where so many others milk their patrons, drop off the face of the earth for months, or constantly don't meet their promises. Give the game a chance now, and if not now I would definitely do so in the future once more content is added. There is a lot of potential here. Keep up the good work guys!

Last edited:
Reactions: Asuminoya

ghdty

Jan 20, 2018
Why in the world do you have to manually move the re:dreamer folder into the Android/obb folder?????? Legit no other game that has an android port does this.

betatest001

Jun 15, 2017
I decided to give it a go because it did sound interesting and always had a glimpse at it but never really downloaded it. I regret it and I'm quite disappointed. The idea was good, the execution is lackluster. I'd rather play an RPGM tbh.

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes