HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Guess no one can accuse you of not responding. As a fan of the old Xchange games I think there's a good chance I'll return... still have another two weeks and more of lockdown to grind through after all.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Guess no one can accuse you of not responding. As a fan of the old Xchange games I think there's a good chance I'll return... still have another two weeks and more of lockdown to grind through after all.
Fair enough. If you're planning on getting the full visual experience, I would recommend waiting until Friday for the 1080p update to become public. The custom-made HCG really pop in the higher resolution.

d

same, me too
https://f95zone.to/threads/re-dreamer-v0-4-4-dream-team-studio.42775/page-7#post-4552079

I literally just went over this less than 6 hours ago.

BeardedJack

May 31, 2017
I like the concept of the game and where you want to go with it, but i cant help but feel there's just too much text. Your writing is spot on too, but so much too read compared to the amount of lewd scenes turned me off a bit. I'll wait for you to develop it a bit further before deciding to support, but thank you for porting it to android and good luck for now.

Reactions: CaptainCaption

#Tiger12

Feb 23, 2018
I tried to follow the list of instructions to install this app, but re:Dreamer isn't creating a folder in the obb file so I can't upload the obb file for it. Is there another way to fix this?

#Tiger12

Feb 23, 2018
Apparently, you have to create a new folder in the Android OBB folder titled re:dreamer for the app and then place the OBB file of the app in it. Who thought this was a good idea?!? This whole installation process for this app is wacked man.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I tried to follow the list of instructions to install this app, but re:Dreamer isn't creating a folder in the obb file so I can't upload the obb file for it. Is there another way to fix this?
You have to create the folder structure manually in 0.4.4, but later releases have the OBB file already within the correct folder structure. I've updated the OP's installation instructions to clarify that.

Apparently, you have to create a new folder in the Android OBB folder titled re:dreamer for the app and then place the OBB file of the app in it. Who thought this was a good idea?!? This whole installation process for this app is wacked man.
A standalone APK would be over twice the file size and freeze your phone as it installs. I think a trivially more complicated installation procedure is worth the trade-off.

DarkForse

Sep 23, 2017
Man this is total BS wall of text and no action what so ever ...

I mean i tried playing it but after 5 min unending text and no development i start skipping and then i see that next 5 min with skipping was the same that is where my point of saying that there is wall of text and no action ....

And not to mention that when you finally get to the point where there is some kind of action all the lucrative looking choice options are hidden behind patreon wall ...

Last edited:
Reactions: HeroHate

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
Sadly there is the patreon paywall, I understand they are in it for money, but I'm not likely to commit support without sampling what is actually on offer. There have been countless games where I have given support after actually playing, to show appreciation and support. If given a redux might end up ok though. (to be honest I'm underwhelmed by most games at the moment, very few are actually bothering)

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Man this is total BS wall of text and no action what so ever ...

I mean i tried playing it but after 5 min unending text and no development i start skipping and then i see that next 5 min with skipping was the same that is where my point of saying that there is wall of text and no action ....

And not to mention that when you finally get to the point where there is some kind of action all the lucrative looking choice options are hidden behind patreon wall ...
Please consult the route flowchart in the OP or bundled with your release. As I've stated in a previous post:
The free version has 4 sex scenes (6 if you count the solo masturbation and "text on black screen" of the closet in Britney's route).
If you're playing 0.4.4 and you've encountered a dead end with anything but Keisuke's later story content, that content simply hasn't been written yet. It's not meant to nickle and dime you for "action."

Sadly there is the patreon paywall, I understand they are in it for money, but I'm not likely to commit support without sampling what is actually on offer. There have been countless games where I have given support after actually playing, to show appreciation and support. If given a redux might end up ok though. (to be honest I'm underwhelmed by most games at the moment, very few are actually bothering)
You can check either the detailed route flowchart or changelog notes in the OP for a general idea of what areas have received focus. If you're concerned about the ability to sample the game before making a judgement, the the public releases are literally the exact same files from the same download links as Patreon releases ones, but delayed from being shared for 2-4 weeks depending on Patreon tier. The only difference would be that $20 Sustainers are given a version-specific in-game password that gives access to modifying their in-game stats on the fly, as well as a complete route jump menu (public releases only have access to jump ahead to the Day 1 "masturbate" and "friend choice" paths); for 0.4.4 (the current public release) specifically, all of this is rendered moot because the password of 'birthday' was made public so that everyone could have access to this feature for showcasing purposes.
tl;dr the public and Patreon versions are exactly the same, but Patrons simply get early access to new content as its written instead of having to wait 2-4 weeks for it to go public.

Reactions: GmFn1869

tualmaril

Apr 19, 2018
The opening part of this game is so boring it needs a rework. Explain the game mechanics before people get bored. Nothing happens for about 30 mins of just reading wannabe psychology. Otherwise nice idea and the art is good.

Atlas

Aug 5, 2016
This game has promise. I like the premise, get turned into a girl and score points for sexy things. I don't know what is planned, but I could imagine a bimbofication route where the player gets additional points from embracing the transformation.

The biggest downside is the pacing. There are times when I hold down the skip dialogue for what feels like literal minutes as I sit and watch the text race by the screen. The massive exposition dumps feel like a 30 minute Hideo Kojima cutscene in Metal Gear. This is randomly stopped when I am presented with a choice, often times with a single option. This is the game equivalent of pressing "F" to pay respects. This is not gameplay. The core of the game is sexy = points. Most choices feel tangential to the core.

As it stands as a visual novel, this is mostly a novel.

Grimreaper24

Nov 23, 2019
Ok I have tried to play this but everytime it tells me app not working so can someone tell me a good place to do it I tried rar app it kinda works and then something pops up and disappears

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Ok I have tried to play this but everytime it tells me app not working so can someone tell me a good place to do it I tried rar app it kinda works and then something pops up and disappears
...can you give a bit more detail than that? What version are you even attempting to play, and why are you using a rar program when this game is archived as a zip?

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Hello everyone! Today's Friday Update covers the official reveal of Zoey and Britney's final sprites!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
We have more details, the full resolution images, and more on our

Reactions: Tara Mede

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I read there was a rape scene in an early version, is there a archive of it?
0.1.11 is the last version that still has explicit rape in it. It's no longer listed on the Patreon page due to a ToS violation risk, but it can be found pretty easily on TFGS.

_DarkDesires_

Jan 3, 2018
0.1.11 is the last version that still has explicit rape in it. It's no longer listed on the Patreon page due to a ToS violation risk, but it can be found pretty easily on TFGS.
Is there any hope of you making a patch / new project close to the original intention of the game?
I really enjoyed 0.1.11, such a unique concept catering to the darker fetishes. Shame we only got a tease.
I really hate censorship...

Grimreaper24

Nov 23, 2019
...can you give a bit more detail than that? What version are you even attempting to play, and why are you using a rar program when this game is archived as a zip?
My android won't play zip games I have a z3 Motorola it says app is suspicious but before I can push ok to play it goes away and I tried the newest update for android

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
My android won't play zip games I have a z3 Motorola it says app is suspicious but before I can push ok to play it goes away and I tried the newest update for android
I am nearly positive you need to extract the game first, as it is archived in a .zip file.

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes