CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Is there any hope of you making a patch / new project close to the original intention of the game?
I really enjoyed 0.1.11, such a unique concept catering to the darker fetishes. Shame we only got a tease.
I really hate censorship...
Restoring the George (rape) content is always on the to-do list, but as long as this game is on Patreon, it has to play by Patreon's rules. As for the "original intention," it was originally meant to be a battle royale, an idea that Espeon and I both now agree is unfeasible.

Reactions: Tom Soyer

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
A battle royale sex games would be the most interesting game on this platform.
Perhaps, but it's vastly beyond the capabilities of the two-person team behind re:/Dreamer to achieve, and our scope is "an adult gender bender visual novel." I believe that the nature of the visual novel format lends itself perfectly to a tighter focus on a story with a small cast, high-quality static visuals, and an introspective MC whose thoughts (both as a character and a narrator) can be accessed at any time; a battle royale by nature involves a large cast, which means the complexities increase exponentially.

Never thought the mc is just a placeholder.... the model looks great.
The placeholder does indeed look great, but legal issues aside, Zoey's placeholder is very different from what Espeon and I would like her to be. We want people (both in-game and readers) to see Zoey and simp for her.

Reactions: Sialo and Tara Mede

TrickyL

Aug 18, 2017
Just looked at the changelog and it seem every update (writing wise) for about a year has been for the Keisuke route. Are you completing the routes one by one and if so how long is the Keisuke route envisioned to be?

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Just looked at the changelog and it seem every update (writing wise) for about a year has been for the Keisuke route. Are you completing the routes one by one and if so how long is the Keisuke route envisioned to be?
Britney just got an update to her route on the last night. The intention was to jump between routes based on Patreon polls, but Espeon and I were holding off on updating Britney until her commissioned sprites came in; you can read about those sprites
The game is meant to take place over 6 in-game months, but the start of that period is going to be very methodical while the rest is going to be more spaced out. Very loosely, I'd estimate Keisuke's route is 20% complete.

Reactions: GmFn1869

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
What's with the different art styles in the preview pics? Did the artist change in the middle of development or something?

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
What's with the different art styles in the preview pics? Did the artist change in the middle of development or something?
Several pieces of art (the protagonist (Zach/Zoey) sprites and most of the HCG) are placeholder art as the other dev and I wait for the delivery of the commissioned art to replace them. You can check out the details of some of those replacements in this earlier post in the thread; replaced the Britney (blonde female friend) placeholder sprites with our commissioned ones.
So uncensored dicks, but censored vaginas... based on the screenshots... err okay then.
All of our commissioned art is uncensored, but the placeholders aren't.

Reactions: Disco-Inferno

unocrus

Oct 28, 2018
The intro to this game is a challenge to get through. It comes off as more interested in explaining the complex mechanics of how gender bending works rather than exploring the personal story of a guy being gender bent. There isn't really a hook to keep me interested.

Elmenmelmen77

Dec 8, 2020
When i was playing the newest version in android on keisuke route where they go to shopping, an error occurs that some lingerie.jpg is no there. I can't seem to go forward anyway from there no matter what I try . Anyone please help me through it.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
The intro to this game is a challenge to get through. It comes off as more interested in explaining the complex mechanics of how gender bending works rather than exploring the personal story of a guy being gender bent. There isn't really a hook to keep me interested.
That's understandable. The extremely dense intro has a lot of unnecessary writing that needs to be trimmed off, but revits to the writing are being saved until we replace the Zoey placeholder sprites with our proper commissioned ones a few weeks from now.
I appreciate you at least giving the game a chance!
When i was playing the newest version in android on keisuke route where they go to shopping, an error occurs that some lingerie.jpg is no there. I can't seem to go forward anyway from there no matter what I try . Anyone please help me through it.
Oh no! Could you copy the Ren'Py error log the game gives you, and let me know exactly what line trigger it?

Elmenmelmen77

Dec 8, 2020
That's understandable. The extremely dense intro has a lot of unnecessary writing that needs to be trimmed off, but revits to the writing are being saved until we replace the Zoey placeholder sprites with our proper commissioned ones a few weeks from now.
I appreciate you at least giving the game a chance!

Oh no! Could you copy the Ren'Py error log the game gives you, and let me know exactly what line trigger it?
Screenshot_20201221-105837.png Screenshot_20201221-105844.png

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Okay, so the error was an issue with the JPEG encoding on one particular royalty-free background set we got from DLsite. A PC is smart enough to decode it, but it blows up on Android. It's since been converted to properly read on Android devices.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of APK and OBB, there isn't a way to distribute a patch. For now you can hit "Ignore" for the backgrounds as they only show up for a short period of time and the scenes will function as normal, minus the background images (which I have provided below).
mall clothes store lingerie.jpg mall clothes store women.jpg

Ikarius

Compressor
Nov 13, 2017
re: Dreamer [v0.5.3] [Dream Team Studio] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 687.57 MB
Original MAC Size: 670.18 MB

Compressed PC Size: 279.0 MB
Compressed MAC Size: 262.1 MB

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
re: Dreamer [v0.5.3] [Dream Team Studio] - Compressed

Original PC Size: 687.57 MB
Original MAC Size: 670.18 MB

Compressed PC Size: 279.0 MB MEGA
Compressed MAC Size: 262.1 MB MEGA

This compression is unofficial and may break the game.
If you don't mind me asking, what method did you use to compress the 0.5.3 release to 42% of the original size?

top_1404

Feb 10, 2018
So, this is not a full game!. I got this message (this content is not exist or for patreon only)

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes