CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
No full 0.7.2 release tonight because I ran into a continuity issue during rewrites of the intro that was too big to tackle in one night, but the versions have been incremented regardless, meaning that 0.7.0 (the first update with the new Zoey sprites) is public.

Kaviktal

Jan 17, 2018
I'm not a big fan of tig ol' bitties and the new art direction, in general, so I'm gonna hop off the train, but I wish you the best of luck. Really, I do. You're getting a lot of shit and "constructive criticism" here when you're being kind enough to interact with a community that you have no obligation towards. At the end of the day, make sure you're happy with what you're putting out and the directions it's going in. Obviously you'll feel beholden to people's wants here and there because they're paying you, but it's ultimately your game and your story. Don't let people push you into a corner you don't want to be in.

Good luck, Cap'n!

Reactions: GmFn1869

pris

Mar 26, 2018
I like the new art for the most part but its giving me sympathy back pain lol.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Hmm? did the game get a facelift?
Yep! New GUI, new MC sprites, new backgrounds! All very exciting!

Woah, what happened to the art?
The placeholder HCGs are still in-game, but given that those will eventually be replaced just like the placeholder sprites and backgrounds have, I opted to use the art that I actually have the rights to use (the commissioned sprites and shower scene HCGs) instead of remaking the forum post images, but I'm already going to have to do that because I forgot the shower scene HCGs don't have the right colors for Zach's hair or Keisuke's skin tone.

Here's a peek at the edits:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkarhon

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I like the new art for the most part but its giving me sympathy back pain lol.
Yeah, our artist actually kept ignoring the design document and 5 separate attempts to dial back the breast size (even making them larger in one revision). Zoey was supposed to be a DD-Cup at most but now she's an H-Cup. Because of this, the story has somewhat retroactively been changed to Zoey being exactly what Zach would look like had he been born without a Y chromosome to that female version but after Zach did a healthy amount of breast slider fiddling in his character creator.
To be quite honest, if her breasts were any larger, the core premise of this game (a man-turned-woman hides her new assets as she goes about her life and having an incredible amount of sex in hopes that she can earn a way to turn back into a man) would be impossible to pull off. Even now, I'll look at her boobs, and when the the primal monkey-brain horny hooting and hollering in my thoughts alerting me to the fact that she's fucking HOT, I worry that there's no way for a human being to physically survive with a chest that compressed for several hours a day for several months.

I'm not a big fan of tig ol' bitties and the new art direction, in general, so I'm gonna hop off the train, but I wish you the best of luck. Really, I do. You're getting a lot of shit and "constructive criticism" here when you're being kind enough to interact with a community that you have no obligation towards. At the end of the day, make sure you're happy with what you're putting out and the directions it's going in. Obviously you'll feel beholden to people's wants here and there because they're paying you, but it's ultimately your game and your story. Don't let people push you into a corner you don't want to be in.

Good luck, Cap'n!
Well that's unfortunate. I tend to forget that not everyone goes insane for larger breasts, but thank you for sticking around this long and the kind words.

pris

Mar 26, 2018
Yeah, our artist actually kept ignoring the design document and 5 separate attempts to dial back the breast size (even making them larger in one revision). Zoey was supposed to be a DD-Cup at most but now she's an H-Cup. Because of this, the story has somewhat retroactively been changed to Zoey being exactly what Zach would look like had he been born without a Y chromosome to that female version but after Zach did a healthy amount of breast slider fiddling in his character creator.
To be quite honest, if her breasts were any larger, the core premise of this game (a man-turned-woman hides her new assets as she goes about her life and having an incredible amount of sex in hopes that she can earn a way to turn back into a man) would be impossible to pull off. Even now, I'll look at her boobs, and when the the primal monkey-brain horny hooting and hollering in my thoughts alerting me to the fact that she's fucking HOT, I worry that there's no way for a human being to physically survive with a chest that compressed for several hours a day for several months.
Yeah even with a properly made binder, theres still risks. Especially with h-cups and long term use. Deaths extremely unlikely, but fractured ribs, damage to the spine, significant brusing, etc are all very possible. She'd likely need a compression top and binder to really look flat, too.

Sucks your artist went rogue, though.

vultron

May 19, 2018
The amount of time we spend in that one bedroom just talking to Ai is kind of ridiculous. lol

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
Why are we not, you know, just anime logic the breast size troubles away? Don't know about you, but body sizes look like a weird thing to be picky about in anime. Zach's head is already bigger than normal human head

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
I guess there isn't a way for her to stay below C-Cup, huh. The situation with the artist just seems weird. I will probably stay away for now but I might check the game again when it's done.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
The amount of time we spend in that one bedroom just talking to Ai is kind of ridiculous. lol
It's getting cut down this pending update but the reducing rewrite is turning out to be harder than I thought.

So is the route with Britney finally getting any attention?
The priority right now is fix the earlier Alone content to match the new sprite expressions (I'm well aware of how rambling that content can be and I want to fix it by taking a chainsaw to most of it) and to add ways to back out of the Keisuke dorm dubcon scene since some people really have an issue with that. After that, it's going to be lots of focus on lots of new Britney content and reintegrating the old closet scene for 3-4 updates.
Her artist also ghosted us so I only have 1/3 of the full sprite set ready for use, and I've been feeling hesitant to use that since I'll have to re-edit the parts she's in once the other 2/3 of the sprites are finished. Thankfully her sprites are full colored and lined, but finding someone to shade them is proving hard.

Why are we not, you know, just anime logic the breast size troubles away? Don't know about you, but body sizes look like a weird thing to be picky about in anime. Zach's head is already bigger than normal human head
Because re:/Dreamer is a more realistic and consquental take on a fantasy fetish setting and I am simply incapable of ignoring the logistics of how Zach is going to hide his breasts.

Reactions: Tara Mede

tekkomeka

Jul 30, 2019
Eh, this artist arts are good, but by some reason in his drawings all the girls with "big" booba become girls with "huge" booba, i'm not really into it D:

Reactions: GmFn1869

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
This update is a damn joke.. There is NOTHING new in the story.. load the end where she was saved by Haze and get the same message no more content. Why do an update than? Not a single new scene I still have all the routes finished from 1.6.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
This update is a damn joke.. There is NOTHING new in the story.. load the end where she was saved by Haze and get the same message no more content. Why do an update than? Not a single new scene I still have all the routes finished from 1.6.
Because the game has entirely new sprites for the main character? Or is that not a good enough reason?
In the future, check the changelog for releases. This one clearly said "no new story content" right at the top:
Outside of slight edits for expressions, there's no new story content because getting these things game-ready took so long, but while the words of the existing content has hardly changed, Zoey's new sprites have put everything in an entirely new context.
Please don't load saves that old. You could run into obscure issues that might require you to flush out your Ren'Py AppData folder, and I can't really help you with that. The game even has a handy "this save might not work" warning on older saves.
Are you perhaps mistaken about the version number? The dream sequence with Haze didn't even exist in 0.1.6 over a year and a half ago, and if this is your first time returning to the game since 0.1.6, a lot has changed. Please consult the changelog or the bundled route flowchart to find out what.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Because the game has entirely new sprites for the main character? Or is that not a good enough reason?
In the future, check the changelog for releases. This one clearly said "no new story content" right at the top:

Please don't load saves that old. You could run into obscure issues that might require you to flush out your Ren'Py AppData folder, and I can't really help you with that. The game even has a handy "this save might not work" warning on older saves.
Are you perhaps mistaken about the version number? The dream sequence with Haze didn't even exist in 0.1.6 over a year and a half ago, and if this is your first time returning to the game since 0.1.6, a lot has changed. Please consult the changelog or the bundled route flowchart to find out what.
I looked at the OP change log and did not see the No New Content but you have it showing 0.7.1 which I did not even realize it downloaded 0.7.0. Also I would put that on the very top it was number 3 in the Op Change log for 0.7.0. So make sure to put that in the top of 0.7.1 I typically only look at the top change log event.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I looked at the OP change log and did not see the No New Content but you have it showing 0.7.1 which I did not even realize it downloaded 0.7.0. Also I would put that on the very top it was number 3 in the Op Change log for 0.7.0. So make sure to put that in the top of 0.7.1 I typically only look at the top change log event.
0.7.1 is the latest Patreon version, which does have new story content. 0.7.0 is the public version, which does not have new story content. The release version number is clearly displayed in this thread title, the game's folder, the included route flowchart (which labels new content), and the title screen of the game.
There are numerous ways to check what the version of the release and what each release has, but if you're not going to read that information, I'm not sure a text-based visual novel is right for you.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
0.7.1 is the latest Patreon version, which does have new story content. 0.7.0 is the public version, which does not have new story content. The release version number is clearly displayed in this thread title, the game's folder, the included route flowchart (which labels new content), and the title screen of the game.
There are numerous ways to check what the version of the release and what each release has, but if you're not going to read that information, I'm not sure a text-based visual novel is right for you.
I read all the information that was given on this page and yet I was still confused at first with whether I was downloading 7.0 or 7.1 and what the difference actually was. I had to read several pages of comments to realize 7.1 was a patreon version and 7.0 was public version. And snide comments get us absolutely nowhere. If I want to read a text-base VN, then a text-based VN is right for me, because that's what I want. Try to understand that not everyone reads words in the same way. For one, it can be difficult to put proper emphasis on words when it's just text. And, it's also not always clear in the main page what is going on. I see a title saying 7.0, a changelog saying 7.1, and I have to actually click on the download link to see the file name to know what version I'd actually be downloading. It was confusing.

Plenty of devs go back and revamp older material to better the quality. Not every update is new content. And that's with the majority of games on here. If you don't wanna wait 2 updates for new content, that's your business, but it doesn't mean the current update is a joke. Better quality is always better for the ending product. I wouldn't wanna replay a dozen times, just for better renders, but once or twice is perfectly fine, in my honest opinion.
However, complaining in a pirate forum that the latest update was a joke isn't gonna get the dev to make the game specifically the way you particularly want it. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: CaptainCaption
3.40 star(s) 31 Votes