haro1721

Mar 15, 2018
I just can't relate to how annoying the main character is when it comes to being transformed into a hot girl. Maybe it's because I find such a scenario to be a win rather than something I'd like to get out of, but even if that wasn't the case does he have to be insufferable every time he thinks or speaks?

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
I just can't relate to how annoying the main character is when it comes to being transformed into a hot girl. Maybe it's because I find such a scenario to be a win rather than something I'd like to get out of, but even if that wasn't the case does he have to be insufferable every time he thinks or speaks?
Wouldn't "insufferable" be an opinion? What makes the MC insufferable to you?

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
I read all the information that was given on this page and yet I was still confused at first with whether I was downloading 7.0 or 7.1 and what the difference actually was. I had to read several pages of comments to realize 7.1 was a patreon version and 7.0 was public version. And snide comments get us absolutely nowhere. If I want to read a text-base VN, then a text-based VN is right for me, because that's what I want. Try to understand that not everyone reads words in the same way. For one, it can be difficult to put proper emphasis on words when it's just text. And, it's also not always clear in the main page what is going on. I see a title saying 7.0, a changelog saying 7.1, and I have to actually click on the download link to see the file name to know what version I'd actually be downloading. It was confusing.

Plenty of devs go back and revamp older material to better the quality. Not every update is new content. And that's with the majority of games on here. If you don't wanna wait 2 updates for new content, that's your business, but it doesn't mean the current update is a joke. Better quality is always better for the ending product. I wouldn't wanna replay a dozen times, just for better renders, but once or twice is perfectly fine, in my honest opinion.
However, complaining in a pirate forum that the latest update was a joke isn't gonna get the dev to make the game specifically the way you particularly want it. lol
Like stated if it was not clear at all the update was 7.0 being downloaded I would of read the update and been like ok. But 7.1 which is at the top and not clearly marked Patreon update it did not have any of that in it. I was like WTF none of that listed in the change log was in there. Clearly mark the downloads and say 7.0 as I tend to just unzip to directory and start playing. Yeah I would of seen 7.0 no real content changes just some UI changes I'll wait to next update. I've stopped paying attention to minor update numbers like 7.0 and 7.1 because so many devs will throw a fix up and not even update the minor numbers.. basically majority don't even use the minor numbers properly and increase them when they release a bug fix.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I read all the information that was given on this page and yet I was still confused at first with whether I was downloading 7.0 or 7.1 and what the difference actually was. I had to read several pages of comments to realize 7.1 was a patreon version and 7.0 was public version. And snide comments get us absolutely nowhere. If I want to read a text-base VN, then a text-based VN is right for me, because that's what I want. Try to understand that not everyone reads words in the same way. For one, it can be difficult to put proper emphasis on words when it's just text. And, it's also not always clear in the main page what is going on. I see a title saying 7.0, a changelog saying 7.1, and I have to actually click on the download link to see the file name to know what version I'd actually be downloading. It was confusing.
I was letting my feelings get the better of me, yes. Apologies to both you and molitar. Tech support isn't what I signed on for when I began working on this game, and it's frustrating to deal with issues I think are evidently clear.
But you're right about the download links. I put the version number directly above them.

Reactions: GmFn1869

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Zach is a classic pessimist caught up in his neuroses. Even though some part of him wants to enjoy the situation (and he sometimes does, depending on you C.H.E.A.T.S. stats) he can't bring himself to overcome the dread and anxiety he feels.

Reactions: FookU2

haro1721

Mar 15, 2018
Wouldn't "insufferable" be an opinion? What makes the MC insufferable to you?
From what little I've played through most of what I saw was whining about a situation only he is responsible for getting himself into. The developer has stated in a reply that Zach is supposed to be a pessimist though.

P.S.: The art is amazing and I'd like to see more of that.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
From what little I've played through most of what I saw was whining about a situation only he is responsible for getting himself into. The developer has stated in a reply that Zach is supposed to be a pessimist though.

P.S.: The art is amazing and I'd like to see more of that.
Yeah if the MC is designed purposely to be a pessimist, then the constant whining is a must, otherwise the dev would have failed. lol

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Like stated if it was not clear at all the update was 7.0 being downloaded I would of read the update and been like ok. But 7.1 which is at the top and not clearly marked Patreon update it did not have any of that in it. I was like WTF none of that listed in the change log was in there. Clearly mark the downloads and say 7.0 as I tend to just unzip to directory and start playing. Yeah I would of seen 7.0 no real content changes just some UI changes I'll wait to next update. I've stopped paying attention to minor update numbers like 7.0 and 7.1 because so many devs will throw a fix up and not even update the minor numbers.. basically majority don't even use the minor numbers properly and increase them when they release a bug fix.
I never really understood any version number system. I just see a bigger number and think "oh, ok, let's check the changelog to see what changed." lol .. and if the change is worth the file size and my available data at that time, I'll download it, or just wait an update or 2. If there's a discrepancy or I'm confused about it, I'll leave a comment and wait a while to see if it changes.
But, I do usually associate decimals with bugfixes, since that's most commonly what I see.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I never really understood any version number system. I just see a bigger number and think "oh, ok, let's check the changelog to see what changed." lol .. and if the change is worth the file size and my available data at that time, I'll download it, or just wait an update or 2. If there's a discrepancy or I'm confused about it, I'll leave a comment and wait a while to see if it changes.
But, I do usually associate decimals with bugfixes, since that's most commonly what I see.
For this game, the first digit is going to be 0 until the game gets a fully finished route, the second digit is for big incompatible changes with previous versions (new MC sprites, GUI updates, screen resolution updates), then the last digit is for new content within those incompatible releases. If any bugfixes are needed, the version will specifically be appended with "bugfix", but that's something that's only happened once when the game was less than a month into development. I've usually been very thorough with testing for gamebreaking bugs, though typos often slip through because Atom, the text editor I use, only supports spelling, not grammar.

Reactions: FookU2

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
For this game, the first digit is going to be 0 until the game gets a fully finished route, the second digit is for big incompatible changes with previous versions (new MC sprites, GUI updates, screen resolution updates), then the last digit is for new content within those incompatible releases. If any bugfixes are needed, the version will specifically be appended with "bugfix", but that's something that's only happened once when the game was less than a month into development. I've usually been very thorough with testing for gamebreaking bugs, though typos often slip through because Atom, the text editor I use, only supports spelling, not grammar.
With "incompatible", do you mean "won't work with old saves?"

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
With "incompatible", do you mean "won't work with old saves?"
Largely, yes. The script could probably parse without crashing, but you could run into weird issues like these:
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0002.png
This first one was someone deliberately loading a 5.X save and reading through the script for several minutes, leading to a crazy bug with constant crashes that required them to flush out their Ren'Py AppData folder.

However, most of the time I've changed the second digit of the version number, I've deliberately renamed a variable to make older saves not compatible to avoid that exact issue.

If you're fretting about losing progress, the game has a jump menu and fast skip for a reason. Try to jump ahead as far as you can on your current version, but you might have to hold Ctrl or press Skip for a bit to get to the precise spot you left off at unless you're a $20 patron that has access to the fully unlocked jump menu (any new or edited content is always unlocked on the menu, but other scenes aren't).

Reactions: Lucci and FookU2

Leafy111

Sep 20, 2020
On Android why won't the game open it just crashes I checked the files and everything is where it's supposed to be am I missing something?

Feb 19, 2021
th
Because the game has entirely new sprites for the main character? Or is that not a good enough reason?
In the future, check the changelog for releases. This one clearly said "no new story content" right at the top:

Please don't load saves that old. You could run into obscure issues that might require you to flush out your Ren'Py AppData folder, and I can't really help you with that. The game even has a handy "this save might not work" warning on older saves.
Are you perhaps mistaken about the version number? The dream sequence with Haze didn't even exist in 0.1.6 over a year and a half ago, and if this is your first time returning to the game since 0.1.6, a lot has changed. Please consult the changelog or the bundled route flowchart to find out what.
this game not good at all

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I'm getting the same issues even after moving the files that are needed to be moved into obb that's in the rar. it jusr crashes regardless. on Android 11
Only one file goes into the "OBB" folder, and that's the .obb file itself. And the game is distributed as a .zip; if it's a .rar, I didn't upload it.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Pledge at the Sustainer or Backer tier for early access to it!

Changes:
  • The intro up to the friend choice has been completely redone, featuring a new transformation sequence with the sketches of the upcoming HCGs.
  • This lowers the script from 190,000 words to 160,000 words, but the cut portions were the rambling Ai vs Zach intro that people didn't like.
  • To that end, I've rebuilt the bundled route flowchart to be clearer and show the new content.
  • I still need to run the giant spell checker of the script I keep promising, but releasing this after more than month of delays takes priority.
  • Zach has a real phone now! It doesn't quite have the full functionality to it yet, but it's there and it looks pretty!
  • The Android installation is now just an APK. No more confusion!
  • Added an Android variant for the texting screen that makes the phone font bigger for better legibility on smaller screens (the irony of the nesting phone within a phone isn't lost on me).
  • I also finally remembered to update the Android config build version number from 500. From now on, it'll be updated to reflect the changed in versions.
  • The text message system is now slightly clearer and more legible; also, the sounds for texts being sent is automatically parsed.
  • Removed blank .png images and replaced them with Null displayables like a smart person
  • Fixed a sprite error after the Keisuke mirror sex scene where I forgot to declare the outfit as "t_shirt_lifted_nude_wet_male_jeans"; the "t_shirt_lifted_wet_male_jeans" it was declared as and its missing "nude" gave the game an aneurysm with no torso.
  • Remade the shower HCGs to have Zoey's black hair and Keisuke's darker skin. The final pose of the 4th HCG is a bit off still but I can only do so much without asking an artist to draw something, and TS is busy with more pressing HCG.
  • Fixes to the Zoey sprites pants bases.
  • Darkened the Zoey sprites B pose nipples to match the rest.
  • The History screen should now be working much much better, with showing italics for thoughts, Ai's unique text style, and more.
  • Minor fix to the Keisuke Day 1 conbini scene where Zach's drinking SFX came from the "Sounds" audio channel rather than the "Voices" audio channel, which may have resulted in unwanted end-user audio mixing.
  • Added Zach's answer to Kohaku's prodding about why this woman with an extremely feminine body was so bad at acting feminine to the content jump menu to avoid a potential issue with the Day 3 Party scene of the variable not being declared.
  • Changed C.H.E.A.T.S. values to be truly persistent (they previously could break on certain rollbacks).
  • Reconfigured Ai's font (Playtime With Hot Toddies) to use italic glyphs when applicable instead of Ren'Py's interpretation of italics.
  • Cleared out unused fonts and gathered all the licenses for the remaining fonts.
  • I changed the average frequency tone for Zoey's vocal SFX files to F#3 (190 Hz) ( ) which is what I calculated the fundamental frequency of the Vtuber Mori Calliope's voice and what my headcanon of Zoey's voice is. Mori speaks between D3 (144 Hz) ( ) and A#3 (233 Hz) ( ). When you consider that women have a fundamental frequency range of E3 (165 Hz) ( ) to C4 (255 Hz) ( ) or even higher depending on where you source, she has a shockingly deep voice. I'm using Mori's voice as a basic for Zoey's voice for 3 reasons:
  • --1. The male fundamental frequency range is F2 (85 Hz) ( ) to F3 (180 Hz) ( ), and for the purposes of the story, this character needs to be able to vocally pass as either a male or a female. Slightly deepening a 190 Hz voice sounds like the effeminate male Zach was. When emotional, people speak in a higher pitch than their fundamental frequency ( ), so raising a 190 Hz voice allows for cute girl gasps and giggles and such.
  • --2. It's atypical for TG'd women to not sound like squeaky girls, so by giving Zoey a deeper voice that's more masculine that the norm for this genre, I'm actually making her more distinct
  • --3. Deeper female voices make my knees go weak.
  • This is overall a rather subtle change but I think it adds a lot to the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Additionally, the 0.7.1 release has been made public! Get it from the thread opener.

grobulos

Donor
Jul 16, 2017
not bad game, this is the reason why you should not believe ratings. i read one time a good sentence; "Peoples here write reviews from their asses, and piss complaints, its all fro free you know, so be greatful" he was right. soooo i like it thx for share

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes