excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020
I dont know how old you are. But this is Electronic Arts style of game development. hes purpously holding back functionallity of the game against a paywall.
i understand that but like i said hes not the only one doing so in witch this game compared to those that are also doing that this is at least not abandoned or no content at all. i understand what hes doing and what you trying to say but please lets not speak very poorly about the dev and what not, because i believe ether way all content once completly done will be free to access at least i hope so only time and showing proof of this will reflect what kind of person he chooses to be seen as. This will require dedication,money, and time this is why i asked how much for the codes and if i remember right never was answered. if they are locked behind a 1$ paywall then is this really bad i mean come on if this is what they are locked behind 1$ a month isnt bad and very easy to get so is a 10$ paywall in my standard's witch hopfully goes to the development of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: youngethan

excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020
I dont know how old you are. But this is Electronic Arts style of game development. hes purpously holding back functionallity of the game against a paywall.

Oh no worries, I understand your point. im not offended
my last post was more directed to those that say and do a lot worse than you so please don't get offended my response to you was mainly the first two sentences. i just didn't feel like starting a whole new comment or anything because i already talked to much i normally don't say much here at all, so sorry for my laziness

Reactions: femyo

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Mate its a game sharing site, sharing paywall codes happens in every game thread here that has them.
I'm aware, but I'd still prefer if people didn't do it.

Oh no worries, I understand your point. im not offended
$9.99 for 12 lootbox redemptions, each with a 0.0001% of turning you into a girl (most popular deal!)

Also don't try to justify this as anything but petty vindication.

arcticmine

Jun 9, 2017
hes purpously holding back functionallity of the game against a paywall.
I mean it's basically a F2P game so they gotta make money somehow right? It's not like its free to make a game since you have to dedicate a lot of your time into making it which costs money. Rent isn't free you know or food. Also the bigger the team the more costs you have (also they gotta pay their artists etc.).
Youre on a game sharing site, trying to leech people to your patreon. if your game was good you wouldent need to leech. thats why I shared the password. People like you make me sick.
Actually if you don't advertise your Patreon or any similar thing a lot less people are going to actually donate to you. There's also how you're going to balance paywalled stuff. If you keep everything free then chances are most people will just get it for free and not pay you at all. But if you keep everything behind a paywall that's not good either. Doesn't matter how good the content is. Making money off Patreon is probably a more risky than like making money off Youtube since you'll always get some adrevenue as long as someone doesn't claim your shit. Also why is someone asking for money for developing a game making you sick? You a communist or something?

Reactions: youngethan

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I mean it's basically a F2P game so they gotta make money somehow right? It's not like its free to make a game since you have to dedicate a lot of your time into making it which costs money. Rent isn't free you know or food. Also the bigger the team the more costs you have (also they gotta pay their artists etc.).

Actually if you don't advertise your Patreon or any similar thing a lot less people are going to actually donate to you. There's also how you're going to balance paywalled stuff. If you keep everything free then chances are most people will just get it for free and not pay you at all. But if you keep everything behind a paywall that's not good either. Doesn't matter how good the content is. Making money off Patreon is probably a more risky than like making money off Youtube since you'll always get some adrevenue as long as someone doesn't claim your shit. Also why is someone asking for money for developing a game making you sick? You a communist or something?
It's less about making money and more about rewarding people who show support for the game and frequently reread the content a tool to help them do that. As I said, it's not even a paywall but a quality-of-life feature because it doesn't do anything that saving the game to go to the main menu and adjust your C.H.E.A.T.S. stats before returning or holding down Ctrl and using the F. Skip button doesn't. To be honest, a lot of the reason these aren't enabled by default on all versions is because I want new or returning readers to actually read the visual novel; even then, new or edited content is always flagged in the route flowchart and jumps are always unlocked to it in the route jump menu (except in this 0.8.0 release because I forgot to configure that because the "new" content is an edited intro that you can get to just by starting the game).

Also, to address the "leech people to the Patreon" complaint: I didn't even know this forum existed until someone in the game Discord mentioned it a few months ago. I was fine with letting the original thread creator update the OP but they languished behind the releases for over a month at one point, so I applied for thread ownership as the developer of the game via the support ticket system and received it (you can see me talk about that in November of last year). I still stand by what I said with not forcibly stopping discussion, but I'll state again politely that I would prefer people to not share the Sustainer passwords.

Byzantium

Aug 11, 2017
Just my two cents, but people are going to do whatever they want and while you can politely ask them to not do something, ultimately we are all free agents who will do whatever pleases us in the moment. I wouldn't recommend continuing to engage with people who clearly hold you in contempt, but I know if it was me I'd call them a loser and move on.

Edit: I figured I should contribute to the discussion, so I have played through the release and I normally don't like these kinds of games/stories but I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the writing. You do a good job selling Zach as a very introspective and real person constantly overthinking things. Kudos.

Reactions: CaptainCaption

MeiAomi

Aug 21, 2019
You know what? That's fair. I feel live I've been neglectful to the yuri side of the community around this game but I've said that before and not made as strong of a push for her content as they would have wanted, so I need to put my words behind my, well, words and write that.

Could you please not share them like that? It doesn't do anything that saving to go to the main menu to change your stats or holding down Ctrl doesn't, but they're a nice quality of life feature meant to be exclusive to the big supporters of the game as a thanks for making the entire thing possible.

C.H.E.A.T.S. largely gates flavor content, not full content. You can check the route flowchart in your game folder, but Britney hasn't seen as much development for writing as Keisuke has.
I saw, it doesnt even finish the first encounter with Ai nevermind start the next day, well i saw you plan to work on the yuri so ill sit tight and wait o.o/

Rilevav

Jun 4, 2020
what are the reviews talking about? Complaining that you have to read in a visual novel?
The first draft was definitely on the long side and the pacing suffered for it. Writing is rewriting so I can definitely appreciate this getting an editing pass to tighten it up.
Mark Twain said:
“I apologize for such a long letter - I didn't have time to write a short one.”

Reactions: CaptainCaption

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
quite an interesting game and I can't believe it changed this much from when I first skimmed it.
one of the comments right weird FX choices.

Last edited:

Nelythia

Donor
Oct 11, 2018
Is there any way to toggle the old zoey look yet? Still thinking the new one is way garbanzo.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of re: Dreamer [v0.8.2]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan re: Dreamer [v0.8.2]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

of re: Dreamer [v0.8.0]

di un fan re: Dreamer [v0.8.0]

of re reamer [v0.7.1]

di un fan re reamer [v0.7.1]

Last edited:

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
quite an interesting game and I can't believe it changed this much from when I first skimmed it.
one of the comments right weird FX choices.
Fair enough. I rely on free sound libraries for a lot of things, and some choices might not fit 1:1 with perceptions. Also, I'm aware that vocal SFX can be polarizing, so they're on a separate audio channel you can mute in the options menu.

Is there any way to toggle the old zoey look yet? Still thinking the new one is way garbanzo.
I'm pretty sure you don't mean the Spanish word for chickpeas, but this game doesn't have the rights to use the old placeholder sprites that were replaced. That being said, there will be an option at some point to use their old hair and eye color palette, as well as a blonde hair/blue eyes and red hair/red eyes option. I posted a preview of the placeholder palette and "bimbo" palette here a while back, and the redhead version can be found on

I can ask for the apk file itself, not zipped?
Are you not able to extract it? Android should have a plethora of options for managing archived directories. The reason the game isn't distributed as just an APK is because it comes with extras such as fan art, a changelog, a route flowchart, and music and SFX sources. It's this last one that is key, because many of the SFX come from via CC Attribution licenses, which means I can't distribute the game they come in without crediting their source.

This game is terrible constantly run into "This content doesn't exist" and instead of jumping the player to a part that actually has content the player is just stuck there and you have to reload or rollback.

Then the dev cut the MC's hair killed the game can't believe how ugly it is. Now that is a real game over.

By the way the password is "chainsaw" (without the quotes).
Oh no, a player has to reload saves in a WIP game that is clearly labeled as such and that has an attached route flowchart and autosave feature! The game has several ways to indicate where content ends, so I'm not going to bog the development of the game down with a feature that is temporary and honestly unneeded.
Cool tough guy internet poster cap on the short paragraph without any stopping punctuation that is complaining about the changed main character sprites. It lets me know that the gripe is serious and that you aren't shitposting.
I'd normally ask you not to distribute the Sustainer passwords, but for 0.8.0, they are actually public. Nice try on the attempt to own me, but if anything, it was a helpful reminder to put that password on sites that aren't Patreon.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
After a few delays (chiefly me getting food poisoning, being out for a few days, feeling guilty about delaying a release, then further delaying that release to go above and beyond with the new Britney sex scene), Like always, releases of a Sustainer version increment the other releases, meaning that it takes 2 releases for any Sustainer update to become public, or around a month.

You'll find the full changelog either in the thread header or the linked post on Patreon, but let me post some previews since I'm proud of the work I did on this new lesbian sex scene in the release and this is the only place the game is on where I can post public NSFW previews without violating the website's ToS. ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, was commissioned to draw this gorgeous phone wallpaper for Zach's phone you'll see in this relase. This wallpaper is available as a downscaled image here or in the Fan Art folder of the game for everyone in the 0.8.2 release and onward, I'm not saying it'll turn you into a sexy anime girl if you use it as the wallpaper for your phone, but I'm also not not saying that.

Totally Not Azur Lane Taihou by PSI (downscaled for public).png

The coming 0.8.3 release is going to be a shorter housekeeping update focused on putting the contents of important Friday Update posts in-game via world info entries, cleaning up some code, and one surprise. It is still planned for release this Friday (06/25/2021).

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tara Mede

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
The developer tools are now disabled on releases. Some lovely folks at F95zone have been trying to prove a point by leaking Sustainer passwords, so blame them. Sometime in the future, I'll be implementing a secret key combination on releases to access it, but for now it's locked.
:ROFLMAO: Too funny. There's load of modders and devs on this forum. I doubt this "secret key" will take more than a minute to find.

Melongirl3

Feb 6, 2019
I still cannot understand why people give this game a low rating :eek: Anyways, thanks for the update! Waiting for more Keisuke content O.O

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes