Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
CaptainCaption
Any explanation from her why she went MIA for 7 months?
I think you should demand that if she is to continue working with you.
Would be tragic for Britney's route if after awhile she goes missing again with no notice.

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
CaptainCaption
Any explanation from her why she went MIA for 7 months?
I think you should demand that if she is to continue working with you.
Would be tragic for Britney's route if after awhile she goes missing again with no notice.
from what the patreon post says.~
" Sorry for long disappearance. Because of covid related and family problem, takes me under heavy pressure so I take hiatus from drawings.. but now I’m back!! "

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
from what the patreon post says.~
" Sorry for long disappearance. Because of covid related and family problem, takes me under heavy pressure so I take hiatus from drawings.. but now I’m back!! "
Hmm.. that's fine and all, but I still think she has some obligation to notify those she's working with about such. Not just leave without telling anyone why, that rubs off the wrong way.

Sombramain22

Jul 10, 2021
No, the writing is completely excessive, and 95% of it can be removed WHILE telling the story. The author needs to stop going off on complete tangents... he needs an editor to reign him in, big time. I grew up with the What if choice books.. skip to page 32 if this is your choice stuff, and even they weren't this wordy, and offered more choices. OMG it's mindnumbing.

You're telling me games like Good Girl Gone Bad is crap? It's an editor's choice at most adult game DL sites. It's entertaining, tells a great story, immersive, with a good amount of choices, and just enough story to choice selection.
im
Congrats on reading 600% faster than the lower bound of 200 wpm for the average Adult's non-technical English reading speed.

And it's 1664 words before the first choice in the game, though this is an inflated number because the Ren'Py SDK's script extraction tool pulls multiple C.H.E.A.T.S. variant passages of text instead of just one (my rough calculation is that it is in fact 1200 words for the default Aloofness path).

If it took you 30 minutes to read 1200 words, perhaps you aren't as fast of a reader as you hyperbolically claimed?

Sorry for specifically singling you out, but people need to understand that this game is a visual novel where the "gameplay" is looking at text and advancing it. I commend you for still giving it a chance, but the thread has the "text-based" tag and the game is clearly built in Ren'Py, a well-known visual novel engine; furthermore, re:/Dreamer is deliberately more linear than its sprawling choose your own adventure contemporaries like or (the latter of which I used to write for).
image getting mad that some one tells you the game has way to many worlds into and you get are butthurt about it i would have just said the game is bad

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
im
image getting mad that some one tells you the game has way to many worlds into and you get are butthurt about it i would have just said the game is bad
Did you ream any of the rest of their posts? This one was kind of was a giveaway that he was just being antagonistic and trolling.

Don't get me wrong; I'm fine with criticism. Early versions of the game had severe pacing issues and I've owned up to that by rewriting the entire intro, yet it still very well could be more verbose that some people would like. But if you're going to be extremely hyperbolic, I'm going to dunk on you.

The game is a visual novel and clearly tagged as "text based" so it's not my job to bend over backwards to the complaints of people who wouldn't like that anyways.

Reactions: excalibertypo

excalibertypo

Apr 10, 2020
CaptainCaption as i read change logs and comments as well as post updates from you. I have one question will the game continue to have updates to the Britany route and get caught up with the other routes or will it be every 2nd-5th update or so? i was one of the ppl that didn't like how little it had. Good to see the person in charge of this has come back. EDITED

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
CaptainCaption as i read change logs and comments as well as post updates from you. I have one question will the game continue to have updates to the Britany route and get caught up with the other routes or will it be every 2nd-5th update or so? i was one of the ppl that didn't like how little it had. Good to see the person in charge of this has come back. EDITED
She's going to be the focus until her route reaches at least the end of the weekend and Monday, then I'll start juggling the routes as I see fit or as patrons vote.

Gleemer

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2018

Here is the Italian translation
of re: Dreamer [v0.8.2]

This translation is "unofficial, it was created by a fan.

Ecco la traduzione italiana
di un fan re: Dreamer [v0.8.2]

Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" è stata generata da un fan.

of re: Dreamer [v0.8.0]

di un fan re: Dreamer [v0.8.0]

of re reamer [v0.7.1]

di un fan re reamer [v0.7.1]

talian translation

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Why does my game look like this?
From the TFGS thread where someone had the same issue:
Whitelisting unfortunetly didn't work, however by forcing Renderer from Automatic to Angle2 I managed to fix it, here's instruction -> (in short press Shift+g when game is open, or hold Shift when opening). Now game is working so far normally. I guess there was some problem between my computer and newer version of Ren'py. Like I said the game now works without issues and I await future updates.

Reactions: Broly7x

Bentsay

Dec 20, 2017
weird observation but did zack not wash his hands in the toilet due to the interruption?

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
weird observation but did zack not wash his hands in the toilet due to the interruption?
To be honest, I don't think he did. Zach is a freak who is fine chilling on his bed with his shoes on, but he's not so much of a freak that he'd not wash his hands after using the restroom. I've changed the line after Zach walks out to him either going into the women's restroom next door (Trans stat higher than the lowest) or finding another men's restroom to wash his hands (Trans stat lowest possible).

mrdonkyman

Jul 21, 2017
Since the poll don't include variant answers I will write it instead.
I like Britney more from a personality side, but for sex scene I don't like lesbian content. So if its a question about sex, then kei but I don't like him as a person and would love another route either where Britney slowly makes you want to try "girly" things such as having sex with men. Or a new person route, maybe another player?

3.40 star(s) 31 Votes