CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Maybe many don't remember or understand but at this point of the game development, you essentially have shareware. I.e. a demo with locked content.
Nothing wrong with that and you have the right to that, but people should be warned before wasting bandwidth. Gg otherwise and due to locked content, can't vote on any of the npcs.
It's timed-delayed release shareware. The only content that's locked is a full route jump menu and an in-game menu for the C.H.E.A.T.S. stats; no story content is ever locked from people on the free versions. Paying gets you earlier access to versions and access to those menus.
This is a work-in-progress game as the OP clearly states. Content is being written and released at the same time.
Also, if you mean the poll for the thread, that completed over a month ago but I don't see a setting to remove it.

Reactions: Zastinx and radohak

Creaturz

Aug 2, 2020
Sure. It is a wip. Already noted. Content restrictions really are fluid in this project. Explaining the basics beyond that may divulge content that is already restricted so, sure.

hotaruchan1

Sep 7, 2018
I mean depends on what you mean by restricted. yes the free version is a couple versions old so it doesn't have some stuff that the new versions have. that's a duh, but the free 0.8.7 and the Patreon 0.8.7 have no diferences or resitricted content in them

May 30, 2019
Heyas! Just tried this game for the first time today, & I wanted to say; I love this game so far! The writing is awesome, love the art, love the character-designs especially.

Also; There is a weird amount of things about the MC that hit so close to home it's weird. Like if I didn't know any better I'd worry I was looking into an alternate universe, lol. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: CaptainCaption

Vottan

Apr 4, 2020
Did I get it right? Does the game have a rating of 3/5 because of cut content and long development time?

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Did I get it right? Does the game have a rating of 3/5 because of cut content and long development time?
If you'll read the reviews, you'll see it's mostly people not understanding that this game is a text-based visual novel.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
0.8.10 just went life for Sustainer-tier patrons

Changelog:
  • New content in the Britney x Zach mall date where Britney explains why it's impossible for Zach to take her on the worst date of her life.
  • I apparently broke the 0.8.9 content by failing to specify Zoey's sprite pose at one spot? I never had the issue within either the Ren'Py SDK or the compiled Windows release, but some people reported the issue. Either way, it's been fixed and the scene has forced screen locations for Zoey's sprites.
  • Some of the audio files have been trimmed to cut down on the distribution size of the game. I need to trim the audio files for the full soundtrack eventually but that's quite far back on the to-do list.
  • The end of the underdeveloped "Just ask her to come to your room." path in Britney's route now lets you know that the other path has significantly more content.
  • Some edits here and there (mostly light phrasing edits to the first half of the Britney date).
Previews:
screenshot0318.png
screenshot0320.png

Also, the art for the Britney x Zoey measuring scene is nearing its final stages and will be ready Soon™.
both1.png both2.png
both3.png
All that's left is for to finish the back pose and for to finish the background (and commissioning a few more expressions from TiltSHIFT for Zoey since my attempts at making them from his sprite expressions was subpar).
You gotta love breast envy towards a TG'd girl.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Don’t get your hopes up. I like the game and Britney’s route, but the devs are very biased with the Keisuke dude getting 90% of all attention.
Britney’s lesbian route got a couple updates a few months ago, but then they went straight back to Keisuke again even though he already has the most content by far.
I know this is an old post but is this still the case?

I'm only interested in the lesbian route so if that isn't getting any attention i'll move along.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
I know this is an old post but is this still the case?

I'm only interested in the lesbian route so if that isn't getting any attention i'll move along.
It's been nothing but Britney content getting developed for 4 months now. She's got a few hours of stuff to read.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Vottan

Apr 4, 2020
It would be better if the Kesuke route was completed first. Moreover, this route is more comical and touching.
Only I have no idea what the finished game will look like. I'm not sure if the author planned to make this game complete.

And need a list of music. The selection of the soundtrack "2000 style" is very good (apart from the songs that are sung in English, I think it may interfere with English speakers from reading the lyrics).

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Avaron1974 Seems like Britney has gotten a good amount of content lately, so it's looking brighter now. I'd give her route a read if you don't mind TS yuri.

Vottan Disagree respectfully. There's no knowing how long Keisuke's route would take to finish, could be a few months, could be a couple years. I think that's a selfish request to have everyone be content with only a single character's route for years until completion (game started in 2019). I personally find Britney's route more fun and standout, so your opinion there is subjective.

hotaruchan1

Sep 7, 2018
yeah dev has stated the britney route will be focus until caught up. then will be likely more even split. games like this with very branched paths take long to make in general. but off much more replayabilty in the end

Reactions: Asuminoya

Vottan

Apr 4, 2020
Asuminoya
I don't mind if all the development forces go to Britney's path. But it will be ironic when instead of completing the path of Kesuke or Britney, they begin to make the path of a loner and a rich man. And only my grandchildren will know how story will end.

Reactions: Asuminoya

Asuminoya

Jul 22, 2017
Vottan I think focusing on two separate routes would be a good balance (Keisuke, Britney). Have Britney catch up and then update both routes evenly to at least near completion. Can wait with additional routes as to not make it a mess.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
It would be better if the Kesuke route was completed first. Moreover, this route is more comical and touching.
Only I have no idea what the finished game will look like. I'm not sure if the author planned to make this game complete.

And need a list of music. The selection of the soundtrack "2000 style" is very good (apart from the songs that are sung in English, I think it may interfere with English speakers from reading the lyrics).
Patrons wanted Britney content. There was a massive vote a few months ago so she's getting focus for a while. And yes, I do actually plan to finish this game. This game has a narrow focus that deliberately avoids the sprawling never-ending story that something like Student Transfer encourages. For more proof that I do in fact have a game plan for this game, If you discuss the contents of that post here, please use spoiler tags.

There is literally a text file distributed with each copy of the game called Music Sources.txt right there next to the executable or the Android APK. It has the name, performer, and album of every song used in the game. I try not to use vocal tracks, but I generally make an exception for sampling (think Hideki Naganuma and Jet Set Radio), the tracks played at the Keisuke Day 3 party scene (vocal tracks have a uniquely vibrant energy, even if they are a bit distracting for reading), or if the lyrics of the song have something linking it to the current scene (a remix of Elvis Presley's "A Little Less Conversation" when Zach and Britney are trying to talk about something important but they have a hard time staying focused, a remix of The Offspring's "The Kids Aren't Alright" when Zach is going through a tense scene of proving he is who he says he is to Keisuke by describing shared events from their childhood, and Jurassic 5's "Thin Line" if Zach starts musing about how he and Keisuke's relationship as friends has blurred after they've had sex). Again, all of the tracks can be turned off if you find them distracting. This game has 4 separate audio channels for a reason with SFX, music, ambient noises, and "vocals" (which are really just things like gasps or moans), and they can be turned up, turned down, or muted at any time in the settings screen.

CaptainCaption

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2020
Vottan I think focusing on two separate routes would be a good balance (Keisuke, Britney). Have Britney catch up and then update both routes evenly to at least near completion. Can wait with additional routes as to not make it a mess.
That is indeed the plan. Once Britney's route has about as much content as Keisuke's, I'll alternate focus on them every month or so, but there will also be patron polls every so often that will give additional focus to one of the routes.

Reactions: GmFn1869
3.40 star(s) 31 Votes