GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
I don't believe it's fair to judge the game future right now.

It's a new developer, with no known lewd game previously made, but credits show that the team is made of professionals artists with experience in actual AAA games and 3D games. Which is very valuable and very rare, since most lewd games developers have no prior experience in video games in general and are self-taught.

Also, it's still too early to know how reliable and how well their structures and plans work out. They currently only released a tech demo, which give a small sneak peek at what the game will look like. And it's quite fantastic.

As for the lack of funding, it's mostly because it's a new dev, that just released a tech demo with very little content. Since most of the marketing for lewds games is based from youtubers and streamers (Just like how Summertime Saga got popularized), no content mean youtubers won't be interested in making videos about it. When the first few sotry updates and such come along, things will start to accelerate quite more. The game didn't showed off yet.

With the stuff the trailer showed and by the quality of the assets and gameplay, it's fair to say that the game look VERY promising. It's a wait and see.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
To me its more of an updated bonetown. At least concept sounds like it. I mean its not the only one out there its like bonetown meets vice city, which I think is good combination. Paywall with a ingame reminder out the gate. Oh I had high hopes people who jump gone on paywall access tend to be hoping for a quick buck or a big buck fast, burn out fast when no one wants to be a 10 buck donor first 3 months as we can't see current progress at all just a "tech demo"

Maybe some one will pick this up and share it with the rest I got instant bad taste in my mouth now on this one, not gonna pay to play the first real version becuase like I said normally I get hosed bad with devs like this and they give up before .21 or .33 or some crap. Only thing that sets off a bigger red flag is on week one posts asking for what to add next that just scream "I got no clue where I am gonna take this thing."

Also huge amount of data for like 2 min demo...

Reactions: Wyrdo and MZZ

Lordbufu

Feb 21, 2018
The concept is great, very promising for future games if it does make it all the way, it does a look a lot like GTA in terms of the GUI that could be considered a pro and a con depending on your taste tbh.

The scene navigation during the only sex scene is interesting it shows a lot of potential tbh, but is also a downside in terms of showing collisions etc, obviously it heavily depends on how much effort is put into the actual animations etc.

How ever i cant help but feel that the tech demo was put out a tad bit to quick, aside from the general look and feel it really doesn't showcase a lot of game-play, and in a open world the game-play is the most important factor imo (we all love sex obviously enough, but how to unlock it seems rather important as well).
It looks great, it feels ok (moving around feel a bit weird sometimes, potentially just a matter of getting used to the controls though), the drone is a nice feature and was fun to play around with despite being very limited.

Going to keep an eye on this for sure, right now personally i cant quite decide just yet, simply because imo it lacks a showcase of what your going to be doing for the majority of the game. Maybe something drone related or cleanup related would change my mind, again just to see what your going to do on a daily basis to progress and how it feels with the current controls/layout.

On a minor side note, the splash screen and help screen could do with proper resolution scaling, the rest of the game seems to adjust properly including the UI, its really a minor thing tbh and you wont even notice it if your not behind on monitor tech like myself :p

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
The sheer amount of people here that don't know what a tech demo actually means is astounding. It's literally to show the tech capabilities of the engine/game. Some tech demos do not even have gameplay. whether it's 2 minutes of gameplay or 2 seconds, it's still true to form. Then again, people are asking for 32bit versions, so I guess it's really not surprising to see so much ignorance.

MetallicBlackbird.png

Come at me bruh.

Nkbs

Jun 20, 2018
that patreon goal tho...

if i understand good, they wont finish the very first part of the game if they dont reach 3K$/moths ??
I made the count and... think:

3K for 5 persons... = 600 Dollars each one.. and i doubt they could live with 600 Dollars per month...

i don't know about the Economy of where they are but... at least here with 600 per month, you still Struggle (more or less, depending on your tastes...)

And according to google.. the Minimum salary (2015) was 7.25 U$S... 8 hours = 58 U$S x 20 (excluding Saturdays & Sundays) = 1.160 U$S...

That if they worked according to the work laws of 8 hs max...

Now, if they just focus on the game and it's the only entry they have (let's suppouse it's the only one)

They will earn each one.. 600 U$S per Month only.. while others, earn the Double (more or less)

So basically, the 3K U$S goal... for 5 people? i guess it's okay...

It's another Entry they would have if they work outside of Gamming... so isn't bad at all...

Think about it... even Youtubers who do stupid things earn more by their Subscriptors...

I honestly hope... they still keep going with the game but like i said, 3K U$S per Month /5 people in team.. = 600 U$S each one... well :/

Reactions: JeemSterleeng

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
Looks good, animations may need a little work but from what I understand would be the idea of the game, I like it.

Emoon

May 4, 2017
The level of complaining in here is outstanding! Lewd games are usually the same old DAZ models in the same old environments (hello changing-room) with the same old boring story that we've seen a million times before. Yet some people complain about the GTAish style and the lack of content! It's a bloody tech-demo, as someone else already stated they are meant to show the tech and not a lengthy demo of the game itself.

For me it looks solid so far, can't say much about the environment since there isn't that much "special" stuff included but it looks consistent and that's worth a lot these days where people tend to throw every possible mesh from the asset-store together.
I guess the animations were the main focus for this release and i have to say i like 'em. Zooming in on the action revealed some love for detail and ensured me that whoever did the animations knows his craft.

All in all i'm looking forward, this has the potential to stir some pretty big waves. But one thing tho, only 5 people? For a game with such a big scope this is going to take a looong time. But who am I to judge, i'll drop in a few bucks from time to time.

Reactions: Wyrdo and fz

Shen10

Jun 21, 2018
i have to say 5 experienced AAA devs, and its not even an alpha yet, (alpha is in january if i read correctly) this is one of of those games that can completly change the playing field if it succeds, i for one am 100% behind this game at the moment, give it some months to get going like many of the other titles, atleast lets give them a fair chance to get started. you cant expect a full developed game right at the start.

Reactions: Wyrdo and fz

Dogeek

Summertime Saga
Game Developer
Apr 20, 2018
As for the lack of funding, it's mostly because it's a new dev, that just released a tech demo with very little content. Since most of the marketing for lewds games is based from youtubers and streamers (Just like how Summertime Saga got popularized)
Summertime Saga's marketing was not thanks to YouTubers/Streamers, but because DC asked for help on the lennasoft forums and it kinda took off from there, and obviously, f95 was a big help later on. Mostly reddit, f95 and lennasoft actually.

They will earn each one.. 600 U$S per Month only.. while others, earn the Double (more or less)

So basically, the 3K U$S goal... for 5 people? i guess it's okay...
3K a month is nothing. I'm working on Summertime Saga, and it pulls off nearly 50k$ a month at this time. I still only make about 3% of that sum. Most of that money goes in taxes, fees from paypal/patreon, server costs and other necessary equipment. It's a lot of money to display but not a lot in our pockets.

Now, about this game. I liked it, the controls are a bit janky though, and it's not that impressive to see. The game is ambitious though, and if the devs keep going, it has a lot of potential. Some key features are absent from this demo. Stuff like options, and keybindings are mandatory to have in such a game. There's a cruel lack of SFX as well, walking on grass sounds the same as walking on stone. Some background SFX would have been nice to have and enhance the experience a lot.

The controls for the sex scene are quite unpleasant. I'm using an AZERTY keyboard (as I'm french). During the sex scene, the game expects zqsd. During the game itself, it expects wasd. That is kind of annoying. The dialogue system is good enough, could not figure out how the launch the drone (I tried pressing G, to no avail), the character controller is basic at best, as you can't jump or swim. The playable area is very limited but it's a tech demo so, why not. They did spend a bunch of time on mapping the rest of the terrain though, which imo, isn't a good idea. It would have been better to make the rest of the visible terrain in a simple texture to apply to the skybox, saving time and adding more features to that demo, like SFX, music, options, and improving the character controller.

There's not much else to it. Sex anim is fine, aside from the janky controls, for a tech demo it's respectable, nothing too impressive as a lot of what's used is either in the standard assets or on the asset store. A lot of ambition for this project, we'll see how that goes in a couple months if it's still going strong.

Also, not a fan of the "10$/month" to access a tech demo. It's a demo, they shouldn't make people pay for it, as there's literally 2 minutes of gameplay in that demo. When I see that people are bitching that DC is milking money when the game is completely free and adds 2-4 hours of content each update, it really boggles my mind...

GopnikDude

Apr 22, 2018
Summertime Saga's marketing was not thanks to YouTubers/Streamers, but because DC asked for help on the lennasoft forums and it kinda took off from there, and obviously, f95 was a big help later on. Mostly reddit, f95 and lennasoft actually.

3K a month is nothing. I'm working on Summertime Saga, and it pulls off nearly 50k$ a month at this time. I still only make about 3% of that sum. Most of that money goes in taxes, fees from paypal/patreon, server costs and other necessary equipment. It's a lot of money to display but not a lot in our pockets.
Yeah, perhaps it started on the forums, but as far as i know, Summertime Saga is the most popular lewd game on Youtube and such just for views. I think it's safe to assume a sizable portion of the popularity was made because of this. Many game gain their popularity this way.

And honestly, i doubt the 50k$ thing. You're telling me that on a team of 7 people (Let's say 3-5% for each, assuming they get paid monthly) would take up 25-35% of the budget, which mean that the 70% is 35 000$ in operating costs? Taxes and fees could take a sizable portion sure, but i simply cannot understand how 20k + is gone in operating costs for cloud servers (Assuming again, that they are not on-premises) software (Shouldn't be too costly) per MONTH. That's a huge shitload of money, many businesses doesn't even get close to these costs. Patreon take 5%, let's say Paypal and stuff take another 5-10%. Still puzzling, where is ther rest?

Again, i'm assuming a lot of things and of course i'm not there, but damn 50K a month is half a million per year. It's fishy.

Allez, je comprends bien pourquoi la plus grande partie part en taxes, remarque que je vis pas en France (Canada), mais quand même, si plus de la moitié part en taxes, y'a trou a boucher quelque part.

2.80 star(s) 44 Votes