ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
another exception. this one I can't really work around (without drastically changing my playstyle) so I an taking a break for now.

overall this is pretty good looking game. very interesting and I love the fetishes and world building. just needs some spellcheck and bugfixes.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6783, in script
    if estate == "affected" or estate == "pretending" or eteam "obey":
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (script.rpy, line 6783)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6783, in script
    if estate == "affected" or estate == "pretending" or eteam "obey":
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2274, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (script.rpy, line 6783)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Real Power 0.1
Wed Oct  5 02:58:50 2022
Thanks for sharing this, sorry it had bugs. I'm gonna start working on all bugs, and typos so I can have it done by next week

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
I got this error on attached savefile

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2773, in script
    if kstate = "pretending":
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (script.rpy, line 2773)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2773, in script
    if kstate = "pretending":
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2274, in py_eval
    code = py_compile(code, 'eval')
  File "renpy/python.py", line 835, in py_compile
    raise e
SyntaxError: invalid syntax (script.rpy, line 2773)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Real Power 0.1
Wed Oct  5 02:34:46 2022
I'm gonna start working now on all bugs and typos so that next week is all fixed. Sorry and thanks for sharing this

• Red Heart
Reactions: RoughlySpecific

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Thank you everyone for your kindness and for pointing out the bugs and spelling mistakes you have encountered. I promise I'll fix them for next week. I'm really sorry it disrupted your game experience. I've always had issues, big issues, with spelling, even in my native language. But I got a friend now to do beta reading, plus I'll do extensive spell-check to make sure It comes out as good as possible.

gidorah

May 31, 2017
The name and banner image really gives a Powers by Brian Michael Bendis vibe - was that intentional or happy coincidence?

Reactions: ExerBastion

pequod

Aug 6, 2017
Bugs and typos aside, the characters and world are interesting and have some depth, and there is a surprising amount of player agency and choice.

prettystupid

Mar 30, 2019
Played about 20 minutes and really liked what I saw. Others have noted the typo errors - I'd like to emphasize the importance of fixing those as well. Particularly, correct usage of periods and commas is vital for fluid writing, and, in a text-based VN, it seriously impacts the tone and my ability to seriously engage with the narrative.

I didn't get to the current end of content, but I will say that you may want to ease back a little on allowing the player to just totally brainwash the intro characters without any challenge. It was a great demonstration of the art and theming, which were superb, but it feels a bit hollow. It should take a bit of work to totally rewrite someone's personality. Implementing some form of gameplay is the most "straightforward" (though highly nontrivial) way of doing this; Thrallworks: Orientation is a game that does so well. But there are other methods too, and my only recommendation would be to avoid the standard sandbox VN method of accumulating points until some arbitrary threshold is met.

Otherwise, this was an excellent start! The degree of player agency was very nice, the characters were interesting, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing this more. Good luck!

Nero the Bard

Oct 15, 2020
A thing that i would wish for in this kind of game is to rise a progeny. (It shall be noted that i DONT want to have a sexual relationship with him or her) It would be colle to raise a successor for your evil empire or morally gray organization or some such. maybe you could turn one of your vanquished foes into a Kid/teen and re-raise them, or you could adopt a street urchin.
It would give a more human side to the MC. (Just an Idea)
Would you be appalled by this idea

Last edited:

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
A thing that i would wish for in this kind of game is to rise a progeny. (It shall be noted that i DONT want to have a sexual relationship with him or her) It would be colle to raise a successor for your evil empire or morally gray organization or some such. maybe you could turn one of your vanquished foes into a Kid/teen and re-raise them, or you could adopt a street urchin.
It would give a more human side to the MC. (Just an Idea)
Would you be appalled by this idea
Not apalled, sounds like it could be fun, and I'll think about it, it would need to come really late in the game though, when things start to change bigtime because you got to a point where you control or changed many powerfull people

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
Played about 20 minutes and really liked what I saw. Others have noted the typo errors - I'd like to emphasize the importance of fixing those as well. Particularly, correct usage of periods and commas is vital for fluid writing, and, in a text-based VN, it seriously impacts the tone and my ability to seriously engage with the narrative.

I didn't get to the current end of content, but I will say that you may want to ease back a little on allowing the player to just totally brainwash the intro characters without any challenge. It was a great demonstration of the art and theming, which were superb, but it feels a bit hollow. It should take a bit of work to totally rewrite someone's personality. Implementing some form of gameplay is the most "straightforward" (though highly nontrivial) way of doing this; Thrallworks: Orientation is a game that does so well. But there are other methods too, and my only recommendation would be to avoid the standard sandbox VN method of accumulating points until some arbitrary threshold is met.

Otherwise, this was an excellent start! The degree of player agency was very nice, the characters were interesting, and I'm definitely looking forward to playing this more. Good luck!
Thanks so much for the feedback! I wanted this game to feel like you actually had something able to break the "game". Having complete mind control, if you wanted, over anyone you got close enough to. So it could, that way, play into the feeling of agency. It really changes story progression in some ways because of that. But I'll give thrallworks a look. Because is something so accesible that can make characters completely mindless momment one, my plan is to add new characters each update. So that you can add to the harem, or have the chance to play with using the glove the least possible, and having a different team depending on your choices and ambitions.
Also I hope to have the game without the typos, grammar (at least to the extent of my abilities and multiple spell checks, and my beta reader) and some of the bugs for next tuesday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legend 123

XChaosX

Sep 29, 2018
Please, no NTR and no sharing in the game. Also I have no interest in "successor(s)" to the empire, it begins and (hopefully never) ends with the MC in my opinion, and I would rather have effort and time allocated to something else other than a replacement raising sim. I consider the MC and the empire intertwined, intrinsic, and inseparable, and that there's no empire without the MC ever. The empire is a tool that benefits the MC, rather than the other way around.

Do I want pregnancy in the game? Pregnancy yes, actually taking the time to raise a replacement no. Whatever role the MC's progeny/offspring should take, a replacement for the MC in any capacity is not it.

Also, get a SubscribeStar. I don't trust Patreon due to their stupid policies and their recent security issues.

Last edited:

Nero the Bard

Oct 15, 2020
Please, no NTR and no sharing in the game. Also I have no interest in "successor(s)" to the empire, it begins and (hopefully never) ends with the MC in my opinion, and I would rather have effort and time allocated to something else other than a replacement raising sim. I consider the MC and the empire intertwined, intrinsic, and inseparable, and that there's no empire without the MC ever. The empire is a tool that benefits the MC, rather than the other way around.

Do I want pregnancy in the game? Pregnancy yes, actually taking the time to raise a replacement no. Whatever role the MC's progeny/offspring should take, a replacement for the MC in any capacity is not it.

Also, get a SubscribeStar. I don't trust Patreon due to their stupid policies and their recent security issues.
Why would it be NTR if you are an evil supervillain who literally doesn't gives two shits about the "prisoners or foes" And it wuld be boring to see always the same Guy or girl in the HCGs, Also it would probs be optional anyways(if at all). Also an empire cant be only a tool. If you create one there will always be responsibility to it. (in my opinion)

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Why would it be NTR if you are an evil supervillain who literally doesn't gives two shits about the "prisoners or foes"
Logic and worldbuilding has never stopped the cucks from cramming NTR into every game they could.
And it wuld be boring to see always the same Guy or girl in the HCGs, Also it would probs be optional anyways(if at all). Also an empire cant be only a tool. If you create one there will always be responsibility to it. (in my opinion)
... no, it really really isn't boring to only have the MC fuck people.
And for moment there you got me, but then I realized you are making a "ackshually it is technically not NTR"

Nero the Bard

Oct 15, 2020
Why would it be NTR if you are an evil supervillain who literally doesn't gives two shits about the "prisoners or foes", Also it would probs be optional anyways(if at all).
Logic and worldbuilding has never stopped the cucks from cramming NTR into every game they could.

... no, it really really isn't boring to only have the MC fuck people.
And for moment there you got me, but then I realized you are making a "ackshually it is technically not NTR"
I mean as far as I know, NTR means a woman with who the MC is in love or a relationship with gets taken away from him through sex,
Right? Also just in my opinion, it would be boring to only have the Mc fuck people. especially when in this setup it would be "normal" to use the heroines to make some cash or ruin the good name of the good organization or use them to get more pawns. It just wouldn't make sense (in my opinion) to keep them all for yourself if they have so many potential usese.

Last edited:

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I mean as far as I know, NTR means a woman with who the MC is in love or a relationship with gets taken away from him through sex,
1. NTR is a whole class of fetishes, all of which abbreviate to NTR. It is a meme thing. Whenever a new variant of cuck stuff is invented the japanese come up with a name for it that abbreviates to NTR.

The definition you gave is the japanese dictionary definition of Netorare.
Netorare is one of many different types of NTR. Although it is among the top 3...
Another of the top 3 happens to be Netorase which is sharing or swinging, arguably whoring too.

2. This site has a completely different definition of NTR.
https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/
F95 tagging rules NTR definition said:
Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.
Generally when people say NTR in F95 they are referring to the definition in the site rules. Not to the japanese dictionary definition of Netorare.

3. Ultimately you are still making a semantics argument.
> "Ackshually, if she cheats on you without dumping you for the bull then it is not Netorare according to the japanese dictionary definition".

99.9%+ of people who hate NTR also equally hates whatever the technical term is for the variant of cuckoldry your hair splitting is pointing at.

Reactions: XChaosX

Nero the Bard

Oct 15, 2020
I mean as far as I know NTR means a woman with who the MC is in love or a relationship with gets taken away from him through sex.
Right ?
1. NTR is a whole class of fetishes, all of which abbreviate to NTR. It is a meme thing. Whenever a new variant of cuck stuff is invented the japanese come up with a name for it that abbreviates to NTR.

The definition you gave is the japanese dictionary definition of Netorare.
Netorare is one of many different types of NTR. Although it is among the top 3...
Another of the top 3 happens to be Netorase which is sharing or swinging, arguably whoring too.

2. This site has a completely different definition of NTR.
https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/

Generally when people say NTR in F95 they are referring to the definition in the site rules. Not to the japanese dictionary definition of Netorare.

3. Ultimately you are still making a semantics argument.
> "Ackshually, if she cheats on you without dumping you for the bull then it is not Netorare according to the japanese dictionary definition".

99.9%+ of people who hate NTR also equally hates whatever the technical term is for the variant of cuckoldry your hair splitting is pointing at.
Are the Venusbload games considered NTR Games with this definition?
Since the protak often uses other Humans or his army to break the girls or to give his army more motivation?

Last edited:

ExerBastion

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2022
yo if we are evil will we be able to share the heroines or sell their servis? or will it only be MC x Girl?
No that wont be a feature in the game, it wouldn't make sense either, since the heroines you control are usually rich CEOs and goverment officials, once you've taken control of them you also have access to a lot of money. There will be posibilities of threesomes and orgies in the future with your harem so not just MC x Girl. But I want the game to focus on the causes you take, what do you plan to do, take over the system, become the shadowy figure controlling the world, become part of the heroes in the city and participate in the theater of hunting down drug lords (while killing and changing activists), fix some things in the system but make sure you come on top while your at it, or full on try to make people and the world a better place,

Nero the Bard

Oct 15, 2020
No that wont be a feature in the game, it wouldn't make sense either, since the heroines you control are usually rich CEOs and goverment officials, once you've taken control of them you also have access to a lot of money. There will be posibilities of threesomes and orgies in the future with your harem so not just MC x Girl. But I want the game to focus on the causes you take, what do you plan to do, take over the system, become the shadowy figure controlling the world, become part of the heroes in the city and participate in the theater of hunting down drug lords (while killing and changing activists), fix some things in the system but make sure you come on top while your at it, or full on try to make people and the world a better place,
alright with that setup it does makes more sense. i guess there won't be any public nudity or humiliation either since that would expose your medling right?
It seems this game will be fairly vanilla and the sex is not really the main point of the game. With that setup, the story is the main focus and I will probs chek the game out more for that than the sex seans. But the premise is quite interesting so i think this approach serves the game honestly better. ( in my opinion)

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote