Realistic Incest Plots

ilozq

Jul 26, 2017
@RobJoy if you have a mother and sister like that you will probably be as attractive as them. which means you won't have boners at home since you will always find someone to use that boner with

imho the most of the real incest cases involve children, that's why i wouldn't advise anyone to go for a realistic story.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
@RobJoy if you have a mother and sister like that you will probably be as attractive as them. which means you won't have boners at home since you will always find someone to use that boner with

imho the most of the real incest cases involve children, that's why i wouldn't advise anyone to go for a realistic story.
In RL, teenage boys have boners over their family members at one time or another.
It is inescapable and part of life as it were.

Cheryl

Aug 4, 2017
In RL, teenage boys have boners over their family members at one time or another.
It is inescapable and part of life as it were.
Girls don't get boners ....but they can appreciate older brothers and their Daddy's physique. That can cause them to get "feelings". Real incest is not likely, but the basis is there.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Girls don't get boners ....but they can appreciate older brothers and their Daddy's physique. That can cause them to get "feelings". Real incest is not likely, but the basis is there.
True.

And if one of them were to actively pursue in flirting and even more,... something WOULD happen.
Naturally it depends on the environment, social pressure and plenty of other factors. But still.

Reactions: Cheryl

89tasker

Jun 4, 2017
I was asking for realistic, not common.

Most cases of incest (probably) are bad, but among 7 billion people, it is statistical likely that some have "good" outcomes. A story is interesting because it depicts something extraordinary happening. A unique experience.

However, the least anyone can ask for in any work of fiction, is that it makes you believe that it could happen.

Cheryl

Aug 4, 2017
True.

And if one of them were to actively pursue in flirting and even more,... something WOULD happen.
Naturally it depends on the environment, social pressure and plenty of other factors. But still.
Exactly. If the social pressures are not there (being drunk, or if people convince themselves it is ok)....then it is just a love/lust story.

RobJoy

Jul 4, 2017
Exactly. If the social pressures are not there (being drunk, or if people convince themselves it is ok)....then it is just a love/lust story.
I prefer love, myself.

Lust is ever present anyhow.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
Dreaming of Dana is the closest thing i've seen to an incest plot that could happen.

They have been close since they were kids and it progressed from there.

I've seen a lot of those where the mother is single, needs a bit of dick and suddenly decides to fuck her son. Great for a quick plot but not what i'd call realistic.

The problem with doing a realistic incest story is it needs a slow, slooooooooow, burn unless you go the route of siblings being close but father/daughter or son/mother wouldn't be that kind of close so that would take a long build up and a lot of folk don't like that.

You're looking to try and balance realism with keeping people happy and that's where problems start.

Cheryl

Aug 4, 2017
Dreaming of Dana is the closest thing i've seen to an incest plot that could happen.

They have been close since they were kids and it progressed from there.

I've seen a lot of those where the mother is single, needs a bit of dick and suddenly decides to fuck her son. Great for a quick plot but not what i'd call realistic.

The problem with doing a realistic incest story is it needs a slow, slooooooooow, burn unless you go the route of siblings being close but father/daughter or son/mother wouldn't be that kind of close so that would take a long build up and a lot of folk don't like that.

You're looking to try and balance realism with keeping people happy and that's where problems start.
Slow burn - so right. I like DMD but it takes place over 2 weeks only when it should be 6 months. But it is slow compared to most. Still playing Dreaming of Dana. It is slow.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
Also, everyone who thinks it is impossible to get a boner on both mother and daughter in the real world, because it is being unrealistic.

Do you recognize this famous actress? They are both good. :)
Mom and daughter. And if there was a son, I bet he would be getting a boner in that household.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What makes you think they don't have the same father?
7a24b25a.jpg

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
Not really a problem. As we can see in some games, you can always add some minor characters for "quick fuck". Mother's, sister's friend, or zillion other kind of friends, neighbors, girls from your school etc. Or use "dreams" for that purpose. You don't need to add real sexual content fast.

Reactions: rKnight

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Not really a problem. As we can see in some games, you can always add some minor characters for "quick fuck". Mother's, sister's friend, or zillion other kind of friends, neighbors, girls from your school etc. Or use "dreams" for that purpose. You don't need to add real sexual content fast.
True that and while I do not disagree or agree with Gomly1980 on the "where the problem start" I have to say that the dream shit needs to be left out, It is annoying to have such a moment in a dream I mean sure can happen and wet dreams do happen but no just no, seen it happen twice now in 2 games and it just annoyed the crap out of me for the simple reason as to they wake up and have thoughts about the dreams it just gets repetitive at one point. 1 game does it fine 2 alright however other games should just get creative and find some other shit for an in between.
The other mentions are fine like close friends someone else friends or whatever but dreams... If I wanted to see a dream sequence of what is to come I would shut down my pc and go to bed and dream about it myself ( wish it was that easy but just trying to make a point here so go with it ) I do not mind slow burns if done well but I hate the fact dreams come up as a tease of what's to come just do some else. Just my 2 cents though. And relax wasnt biting your head off I just happen to love replying to people in aggressive and hateful manner, feels good on my soul :D makes it all warm and fuzzy.

Dilettante

Jun 6, 2017
The other mentions are fine like close friends someone else friends or whatever but dreams... If I wanted to see a dream sequence of what is to come I would shut down my pc and go to bed and dream about it myself ( wish it was that easy but just trying to make a point here so go with it ) I do not mind slow burns if done well but I hate the fact dreams come up as a tease of what's to come just do some else. Just my 2 cents though. And relax wasnt biting your head off I just happen to love replying to people in aggressive and hateful manner, feels good on my soul :D makes it all warm and fuzzy.
It's ok. I forgot to mention voyeurism. It's really easy, and realistic scenario. Especially if unexpected. I like drunk scenario with lonely mother and son too. "Dreams" may be annoying, but i like night stuff overall in Dreams of Desire. Even without his "powers". He's crazy pervert, but "night touching" still good. And not to mention Dual Family, where teasing is at expert level. I don't know if i can call Dual Family as game with "most realistic incest plot" i played. But it's good, and some points does seem realistic. Ethan's Legacy too. Without "superpowers" part of course. Dreaming of Dana doesn't seem to be much realistic for me... more like crazy. But it's just my point of view.

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
It's ok. I forgot to mention voyeurism. It's really easy, and realistic scenario. Especially if unexpected. I like drunk scenario with lonely mother and son too. "Dreams" may be annoying, but i like night stuff overall in Dreams of Desire. Even without his "powers". He's crazy pervert, but "night touching" still good. And not to mention Dual Family, where teasing is at expert level. I don't know if i can call Dual Family as game with "most realistic incest plot" i played. But it's good, and some points does seem realistic. Ethan's Legacy too. Without "superpowers" part of course. Dreaming of Dana doesn't seem to be much realistic for me... more like crazy. But it's just my point of view.
True that, and as for dreams of desire is a total exception though i mean the name of the game has dreams in it and it is focused on corrupting minds and bending them to your will through dreams so that is however different and understandable. Dreaming with Dana love that game too have not touched it for quite a while but yes that is not that realistic in a lot of terms altough the way it plays out its incest is a 50/50 on a possible scenario I guess however everything around it ( with a second exception being the secretary fucking her boss ) and as for Ethan's Legacy the nightmares or whatever I can work with because of what is happening and the trauma's of feeling helpless can lead to shitty dreams so it is fine on that one. BUT with say DMD for example and Dual Family they had no place and there could have been some else done in it's place that would make a bit more sense.

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
These are some things I think should be answered within the story:

What was the relationship history
How did the attraction first occur
How reluctant were the people involved
Was the trigger a single event or multiple subtle changes
How did they find out about the attraction
Did they fight it
Who initiated first contact
What is the power dynamic
What pushed them to cross the boundary
Who controls the frequency of the encounters
How far would they go to keep it a secret
Who else knows
So, I actually am in the process of writing my own, and I asked myself similar questions when coming up with it. Mine is a twincest brother sister romance. As for your list

History: They grew up together, close as all twins tend to be.

Trigger: This is kinda nuanced but has to come before how the attraction occurs. My Trigger is a shared trauma
involving the death of their father.

How: Due to the circumstances surrounding that they became much closer, slept in the same bed, etc.

Reluctance: This will kinda depend on the player and options. Both twins are MC. You'll make decisions as both and they will affect relationship progression. The sister is reluctant for reasons related to their fathers death, the brother is less reluctant for the exact same reasons.

Finding out: The same way it would happen if they weren't siblings... one day the just can't hold it and bam.

Did they fight it: This relates to reluctance, no? I think the characters should have some personal battles with incest, but no more than that.

Who Initiates: In my game it'll most likely be the sister, but that has to do with details I'd rather not share. However because of the choice system it could be the brother if the sister doesn't.

Power Dynamic: This is one thing I would like to both address and avoid. The sister is worried about the power dynamic, its the source of her reluctance, but it's not like in DmD where the father is manipulating and corrupting the daughter.

What pushes them across the boundary: well which boundary? Their initial attraction their first kiss, their confessions, these will be the culmination of the events set in motion by the shared trauma. Sex? Well that will take more, but they're already teetering on that edge by the first kiss. The intimacy of sleeping together has kinda removed any barriers beyond social, and the trauma has removed the psychological.

Who controls the frequency: This isn't really relevant as my characters are in a romantic incestuous relationship. If there was a power dynamic or some sort of sexual gratification relationship then maybe but not here.

Secrecy: I'm actually still wrestling with this. I think a Dreaming of Dana type ending might be possible, but not the goal. I think that they'll simply hide their relationship behind the trauma. It gives them an excuse for how close they are that keeps even their mother from suspecting, at least for now.

Who else knows: I'm still debating on whether or not the mentor character behind the sister will know or not. Regardless there will be someone who urges her to accept her feelings. I just don't know if they'll be told the truth, it may be an option I give the player. Obviously if they go the Dreaming of Dana route then the beard will know, but it won't be necessary. The beard characters may also find out from other options along the way, but that isn't something I've committed to yet.

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
A 40-something mother and 20-something daughter being sexually attractive at the same time is the rule rather than exception. But even if there is a 20-something son with a constant boner in their household, it's quite unlikely that they actually have sex. So I don't that there is anything like a realistic story for an incest game.

The most realistic incest scenario that is still hot I could think of is one where the people involved don't know they are related (Like the story of Ödipus). So a son or daughter were adopted and one day meet that hot milf in the bar or bdsm club only to later find out that she is his/her mother. The player than has to decide wether to tell or her or not...

VBZ

Aug 27, 2017
Just found out this thread. I've been working too on how to have a somewhat "realistic" incest plot for a game. I agree with Atalos, the most realistic would be if the characters don't know, at least at first encounter, they are related. So I wrote something exploiting this plot, I posted it here a while ago because I was looking for artists and devs to help me make it into a visual novel. Anyway, here's a pitch of my story, tell me what you think :

1971 : You just turned 18, and a local newspaper reveals than 17 years before, a secret US government program sent 12 orphan childs to your town. Your parents reveal you are one of these, and they have no idea where you came from.
Confused, you decide to search for your real parents. You go to the newspaper's office to find some additional clues, but they don't have anything else. Outside the office, an old gypsy woman offers you to read your future. Having no other options, you give it a try.
The gipsy gives you some shocking informations : your dad is dead and your mom lives in a small village called Witheyville. You ask her what your mom looks like, but she's unable to say... The gipsy begins to freak out, having a terrible revelation coming to her : she sees a baby, with one brown eye and one green eye, and its parents are you and... your mom ! Upset, the gipsy ends here the session.
Shocked, you decide anyway to go to Witheyville to try to understand better what's happening. There, you find 12 widows. What happened to their husbands ? And which one is your mom ? And more importantly, in a time without DNA testing, will you dare to go the only way you know to find out ?