VN Ren'Py Realm Invader [Ep. 2 P1] [Invader Gary]

4.80 star(s) 73 Votes

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
As much as I like the game, I think the dev's perception is a bit off here:

The input/reward ratio is not bad, he just lives in one of the most expensive regions of the world from the looks of it. He is earning globally and spending locally. I'm not saying he should move BUT that is basically the whole reason why the whole digital nomads movement exists, or corporations are moving offices from time to time. It's not how much you earn, it's how much you earn compared to where you live.
What I'm trying to say is: IMO Realm Invader is a fine game and the dev is doing great work with it, it's just that his surroundings make it look smaller than it really is. In most other countries 1300USD a month would make hell of a difference when it comes to standard of living, or if he moved to smaller town with lower cost of living, could even be a full time job.
Lot of Supermarket and other Workers in Germany has less after tax... I dont know what to say about this. Most have even lees a Month in other Country's.

Xeron_Xr

Apr 5, 2020
- From
I've finished writing the script for the new update and it's a long one. At 61,463 words, it's the yappiest update yet. Unfortunately, I had a lot of creative difficulties and motivational issues writing this update. It's been far rougher for me than it was in the past, I've written almost the whole thing in a different headspace than I did for the previous episodes and I think I pushed myself to write when I wasn't really feeling it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned about that, I hope the writing doesn't come off as too unfocused. There's some nice development between the MC and the others, and another relationship becoming rockier than it was before. 4 lewd scenes await in this episode. Some sweet, some kinky, some both. Sadly, I had to push some content into the next update, which is particularly disappointing for me as there were some things I really wanted to show off. Plot developments and especially a certain lewd scene. This is a symptom of the earlier issues I alluded to regarding my own focus. The pacing of this update didn't need to be as slow as it is, but I hope it's still an entertaining journey. Regardless of the potential shortcomings in the writing, I still plan on dazzling you with my loveable characters, rich visuals, and detailed animations. And despite my funny feelings not being the heeheehaha kind, I've still tried to squeeze in some goofy moments that you all seem to care so much about. I still have work to do. While fully written, I'm not finished rendering. Development has and will be a little slower than last update I think, but comparatively it's still quite close. I regret that I'm currently not confident enough to give a release date prediction, though don't expect the game to be released in October barring a miracle. I'm sorry, I'm trying my best. But I never stopped and won't stop working. This year hasn't been kind to me. Let's try to end it on a high.
  • Gary

eggrik

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2024
No changelog?
What's even the size of the current game? In terms of time/CGs?
gary's updates are always huge. there are no exact numbers off the top of my head, but these two updates alone will last you a looong time. it's only episode 2, but it's bigger than other games' 0.5 updates

• Hey there
Reactions: abirvg

thegeo

Aug 10, 2017
MC sings a lullaby for his youngest sister because she afraid of storm.

MC: "my neck, my back, lick my pussy and my crack"

I died of laughing . for those who don't know the song, the song called "lick it by Khia"
This was about the only scene that made me think the dev was trying a tad bit too much to lean into absurdity. Laughed my ass off at pretty much everything else (moon scene was my favorite of these meme scenes), but this lullaby scene/flashback was kinda cringe imo , but ah well thats comedy for you, impossible to please everyone.

Anyways im glad I decided to put off playing episode 2 for so long because now im back to waiting for updates :'(

Reactions: Mr_Sel

Gigachad9321

Jul 6, 2024
Really good and funny. I'm hoping it gets the attention it deserves and the dev starts making bank. It's criminal that an AVN this good isn't at the top.

Reactions: JapanLily

Tuatha Dé

Oct 20, 2021
I'm just starting to play, I understand that some people like it but is the mc going to stop acting "dumb"?
They are not my favorite protagonists, to be honest.

Das_Peanut

Oct 7, 2021
I'm just starting to play, I understand that some people like it but is the mc going to stop acting "dumb"?
They are not my favorite protagonists, to be honest.
The MC changes quite a bit as the game goes on. In characteristically self-referential fashion, the game announces/explains the change while two characters discuss a fighting game. Once you get there, you should start noticing the differences.

Reactions: Tuatha Dé

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
for the love of god please never give up the Developer gag lmaooooo
sadly I don't find the Developer character funny cause I cant stand his appearance lol but I do agree cause it's part of the charm for many players in this game

Fapparition

Dec 25, 2022
Just played this game loved it expect for the Developer character I cant stand when he appears I hate his model and find him annoying.
I wish I was able to get a laugh from the 'developer' it always missed it's mark for me just cause I can't get past his looks it's bugs the crap out of me and I dont even know why. Which is a shame cause you are right that character shows up at the perfect moments where they should be funny for me.
sadly I don't find the Developer character funny cause I cant stand his appearance lol but I do agree cause it's part of the charm for many players in this game
We get it you have developerphobia, big muscle mewer in his underwear scares you. No need to repeat yourself over and over. Oh and here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
We get it you have developerphobia, big muscle mewer in his underwear scares you. No need to repeat yourself over and over. Oh and here
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For the record it's his face I can't stand. But i'll say it as much as I want not like im spamming the thread constantly about it. I only bring it up when someone is talking about the comedy or the developer. It's called trying to have a conversation. Don't like it o well I don't care it's a public forum i'm still gonna talk about it or mention my opinion on it when I want to.

KingSlayer15

Aug 14, 2020
You know a game is good when it can make two characters you didn't expect to love your favorite (Chloe and Grace). This game is straight up cooking in the character department, has 5 Michelin stars in the comedy department, and has Gordon motherfucking Ramsay himself sweating at how fucking SCRUMPTIOUS the story is. Might even fuckin become a patron lmao.

Reactions: buttsman69
4.80 star(s) 73 Votes