VN Ren'Py Rebecca's Reckoning [v0.01] [Clever name games]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

MAGO-DAG

Forum Fanatic
Sep 1, 2023
Why should I be upset?...
Oh, wait... Are you upset because someone made a criticism? You have the wonderful power to see hidden feelings in a random person's sentences written in a forum where nonsense is often spoken?... Don't try to transfer your feelings to me.
Thank you.
Don't get me wrong, but sometimes developers use the same resources because they are in game sites like DAZ and many other things, I have seen in many games such places that were already on other AVNs...

for example there is a mansion where the MC from BaD lives in another game, there are slightly changed structures and resources, also the mansion is used as if it were a dorm or a library... this is not the first time that someone used things from BaD... and BaD is not the only game whose resources are theirs, even they use the same resources from other games

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Why should I be upset?...
Oh, wait... Are you upset because someone made a criticism? You have the wonderful power to see hidden feelings in a random person's sentences written in a forum where nonsense is often spoken?... Don't try to transfer your feelings to me.
Thank you.
You're the one ranting about how this game is poorer because it is using an asset that BaDIK used.

Anyway, you made your point. I think your criticism is biased and unwarranted, and your response to my questioning of your criticism makes me no longer interested in your opinion. Bye.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Soooo yeah.. It's a bit obvious but since nobody else has called it already.. I'm calling..

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It'll be interesting if he actually lets there be a reveal in the main game, or if that happens in this or Abby's side story instead, and we only see the ramifications so the main game stays "pure" (yes, I eyerolled myself when I typed that)

MAD6999

Nov 21, 2021
pure lesbians or whores more used than my socks has this game and the main game

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
What do you want me to do? Nobody forced him to put something so identifiable with one of the most famous games as a promotional image... You can reuse things but not be so obvious. Obviousness is a lack of creativity and that's what I meant.
Well, I haven't identified it... Wait, I never got past the intro in that game, that must be why.

Reactions: KnightOwlSC

AllNatural939

I am the bad guy?
Game Developer
Apr 3, 2024
You're the one ranting about how this game is poorer because it is using an asset that BaDIK used.

Anyway, you made your point. I think your criticism is biased and unwarranted, and your response to my questioning of your criticism makes me no longer interested in your opinion. Bye.
You still don't understand anything...
I didn't say that the game is bad, nor good. I have no idea, I've never played anything related to this developer... The only thing I said is that if you're going to put something so recognizable on the cover (the first thing you see of the game is the big cover image) it's synonymous with a lack of creativity...
Everyone should aim to create their own image to be recognized by. You can have all the most used products in history in your game and nobody prevents it and nobody criticizes that. But try to make the first image that everyone sees of your game unique and not show something repeated...
Take for example the famous "M" from McDonald's... You want to create your own fast food chain and it happens that your name is something like McArthur?... Do whatever, but don't put something similar to the M of a well-known brand in your logo.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
You still don't understand anything...
I didn't say that the game is bad, nor good. I have no idea, I've never played anything related to this developer... The only thing I said is that if you're going to put something so recognizable on the cover (the first thing you see of the game is the big cover image) it's synonymous with a lack of creativity...
Everyone should aim to create their own image to be recognized by. You can have all the most used products in history in your game and nobody prevents it and nobody criticizes that. But try to make the first image that everyone sees of your game unique and not show something repeated...
Take for example the famous "M" from McDonald's... You want to create your own fast food chain and it happens that your name is something like McArthur?... Do whatever, but don't put something similar to the M of a well-known brand in your logo.
I get what you mean, but we are not talking about a logo, we are talking about assets on a game, haha. I don't think it is a lack of creativity if someone uses an asset that it is in a more famous game.

CareBearII

Nov 12, 2020
I've never played anything related to this developer...
I think that this might be part of the reason why you are put off by the library, had you played the other games in the series ( more specifically the main game) before this one you would realize the significance of the library and what happens there. In the intro it even mentions you should play them first if you had not. I would recommend you playing all of the other ones. About the only one that is not necessary to understand what is going on is the Fractured Fairytales. But the main game and the others add to that story.

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
It'll be interesting if he actually lets there be a reveal in the main game, or if that happens in this or Abby's side story instead, and we only see the ramifications so the main game stays "pure" (yes, I eyerolled myself when I typed that)
Ohhhh.. that's a good point. I'm still confused by the whole thing about devs thinking they're safe by keeping things "step". My understanding is Patreon cares about step relationships just as much since it still has the same power dynamic problems that make incest so hated (yes.. real parent/child incest is USUALLY bad.. sorry people.. it is -- at the same time.. fuck Patreon for trying to be thought police because we ain't hurting anyone here with our fantasies)

Reactions: Elhemeer

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
Um ... "I doubt Abby will be particularly upset if it turns out that Frank is Abby's father." Mind you, I don't think anyone will STAY upset, but I do think there will be a jealous quotient there ...
Holy shit.. what if the plan is for Abby to find out BOTH things.. think about how jealous she'd be if she found out he was in a relationship with his real daughter.. that could definitely force her to become more direct about her own wants/needs.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Ohhhh.. that's a good point. I'm still confused by the whole thing about devs thinking they're safe by keeping things "step". My understanding is Patreon cares about step relationships just as much since it still has the same power dynamic problems that make incest so hated (yes.. real parent/child incest is USUALLY bad.. sorry people.. it is -- at the same time.. fuck Patreon for trying to be thought police because we ain't hurting anyone here with our fantasies)
About incest, yea, it is not something that I'm fan, even tho I have played games with it, and for me, I'm good if Frank isn't the real father of Becca.

KnightOwlSC

Oct 12, 2021
It's still possible the answer will be "no" ... but yea, she's probably going to be upset at first if she finds out Becca is is only real daughter. At least it would finally clear the air about whether he can be Beth's stallion.
A "no" would bea HUGE mistake.. dangling a carrot like that in front of the fans and then taking it away? Oh jeez.. that's almost on par with making the player choose between two girls during a house fire..

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Sorry, but showing on the foreground the same library that is super well known by everyone thanks to being an important location in BaD shows a lack of creativity. Or maybe it's not the same, but it's so similar that it's inevitable not to notice it. Believe me, you don't want people to remember BaD before even trying your game...
Or, they are using that library because it was already established in Single Again that she was working in that location. Just because you associate it with BaD doesn't mean everyone else does. Others are smart enough to realize there are a limited amount of assests available unless you are a 3D modeller so there is going to be some crossover when it comes to assests.

Frazzanova

Jun 2, 2017
The only thing I said is that if you're going to put something so recognizable on the cover (the first thing you see of the game is the big cover image) it's synonymous with a lack of creativity...
Aren't you making a game that has the same name as a ton of other games, including one that has been actively developed for 2 years and is very popular here? Not sure I'd accuse others of lack of creativity if I were you.

Reactions: notBatman747

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
22 days ago and 115kb in size are you in the correct game the most you can have it is a few maybe 3 days?
That Renpy SDK and others too get always hits from those 3 :KEK: and like always you can't trust those "Antivirs"/"Sandboxes".
Actually if you don't believe me download: (thats the SDK the game was build with, and you can find it in the script version txt in /game) and throw those exes into the Virus total, you get the same hits.
Also the time of Last Analysis and the wrong exe name comes from all the renpy games that use that Renpy build will have the same exes. So a analysis was from that game, and now it say that name even if the exe is named differently.
(The sdk is now 3 years old thats also why the last edit date of them is from 2021)

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes