DannyLucifer

Jul 5, 2018
v0.10 will add a lot of dialogue changes and improvements to the earlier scenes. But generally speaking, the game is as much inspired by Japanese media as it is by western media. I speak both English and Japanese, so some lines are written in Japanese first and then translated into English.
So MC is literally written with the soul of a shonen protag...?

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
v0.10 will add a lot of dialogue changes and improvements to the earlier scenes. But generally speaking, the game is as much inspired by Japanese media as it is by western media. I speak both English and Japanese, so some lines are written in Japanese first and then translated into English.
That's (positively) noticeable as someone that speaks/reads both English and Japanese as second (or, technically, third) languages.
Also, the quoted lines... are perfectly fine even in an english/american context.
Also also, and personally more importantly, none of the lines ever felt out of place with the female protagonist, which honestly would be my big issue with "shounen lines" - none of the cringe gender essentialist stuff.

No, I have played a lot of them. But this game's dialogue is literally like a shonen protags, I have read a lot of those on the dark chapters of my life. Now I hate anything shonen as the cringe is unbearable.
Ok, then very clearly this game might not be for you. It's partly inspired by manga culture, and you decry that as "cringe" - there's a ton of other games, go move on. Seriously, there's an insane amount of games, just look at those games that interest you, everything else is a waste of everyone's time.

4.00 star(s) 27 Votes