4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi

Here it is.
We'd like to thank all those who keep submitting bug reports. Thanks to them we've managed to fix a couple of big bugs in ep 4, that we probably never would have found otherwise.
Expect a bug fixed version for that next weekend.
As for this update, it's divided in two. With and without Laurie, depending on whether she's still alive in your playthrough.
Hope you enjoy it. Here are the links.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
why wouldn't she be allive? we would miss all those mommy-funnies (like sharon running to be on beside of laurie).

Telamon

Jun 18, 2017
Anybody else keep dying at the beginning of episode 4 when you go into the cave? What exactly am I doing wrong.

Edit: never mind I'm using the walkthrough mod and seeing where I went wrong.

Last edited:

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
The page owner here for the OP should note that previous saves need to be upgraded from ep4. I noticed a user whine about losing all of their saves on a previous page. When I looked at my .renpy save tree for this VN I noticed an empty ep5 folder and an ep4 folder with saves. Don't even bother trying to do a copy-pasta because loading an ep4 version causes a stack trace. Instead you MUST DO A START. That will then prompt you to some sort of "import" thingamajimmy. I don't even remember gettting prompted for this sort of foolishness on the previous version to do an export, but I had something to pull from.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
The page owner here for the OP should note that previous saves need to be upgraded from ep4. I noticed a user whine about losing all of their saves on a previous page. When I looked at my .renpy save tree for this VN I noticed an empty ep5 folder and an ep4 folder with saves. Don't even bother trying to do a copy-pasta because loading an ep4 version causes a stack trace. Instead you MUST DO A START. That will then prompt you to some sort of "import" thingamajimmy. I don't even remember gettting prompted for this sort of foolishness on the previous version to do an export, but I had something to pull from.
???
Don't get me wrong, but if you are to blind to get the save transfer at the end of actually every game episode so far since years it's your fault, not from the game.

phupdup

Oct 24, 2019
Two things:

I play a lot of different things so often might forget shit like this when the next release comes out after who knows when.

The vast majority of VNs carry the baggage of old releases with them when the new release comes out. Seeing the word "start" in renpy is conditioned to mean throw away and "start" from scratch. Perhaps the much rarer VN that does this transfer approach should change that word to something more like "import"?

???
Don't get me wrong, but if you are to blind to get the save transfer at the end of actually every game episode so far since years it's your fault, not from the game.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed unofficial Android ports of:

Rebirth EP5 update 2 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Now all end of episode saves will be imported by the next episode.
Updated my Android port to Ep5 update 2

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
Is there any way I can win the fight in chap4? Whatever choice I make in all of chapter4 it doesn't matter.
1685375201867.png

Edit: This looks completely wrong. I checked my episode 2 save and it had 27 charisma and 15 stealth already. Something must gotten messed up along the way. It looks like it was in episode 3 as that save just doesn't have these values at all. fml

Last edited:

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Is there any way I can win the fight in chap4? Whatever choice I make in all of chapter4 it doesn't matter.
View attachment 2659038

Edit: This looks completely wrong. I checked my episode 2 save and it had 27 charisma and 15 stealth already. Something must gotten messed up along the way.
It could be anything, mostly because of mods, bugs or modded saves.

My honest advice:

1) remove any mod;
2) download and install Meushi's hotfixes for every chapter;
3) throw away your saves and replay from start (skip) checking the .pdf walkthrough.

Anyway, since new updates are very short, replaying the whole game from start once in a while is not a bad idea.

Reactions: MisterDan

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
It could be anything, mostly because of mods, bugs or modded saves.

My honest advice:

1) remove any mod;
2) download and install Meushi's hotfixes for every chapter;
3) throw away your saves and replay from start (skip) checking the .pdf walkthrough.

Anyway, since new updates are very short, replaying the whole game from start once in a while is not a bad idea.
I never used mods. I'm replaying chapter 2 with the chapter 1 save. I see choices I'm sure weren't there before. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll look into those hotfixes if the transfer to episode 3 is borked.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
I never used mods. I'm replaying chapter 2 with the chapter 1 save. I see choices I'm sure weren't there before. Anyway, thanks for the reply. I'll look into those hotfixes if the transfer to episode 3 is borked.
Hi. That's probably the well know bug with the oudated EP2 download here on F95zone. There is a fixed version on the devs Patreon page (it's free) or use the save transfer patch linked on the main page for EP2 before transfer the saves to EP3.

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
Been replaying the stealth route and with it there is no way to get past the fight in ep4. Even with the random stat events you'll be 1 charisma short for whisp and never will have enough prowess. The only place stealth is useful I think is when you can peek. iow stealh is a pretty useless stat up to the end of ep 4.

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
if you mean marcus fight then it is winnable, either mc uses whisper or he himself kicks marcus' ass.
afaics I need charisma >10 (walk-through) to unlock whisper but the max I can get choosing stealth over anything else is 10.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
afaics I need charisma >10 (walk-through) to unlock whisper but the max I can get choosing stealth over anything else is 10.
your stats got reset on some save transfer so unless you want to replay from beginning (ep1) with save fixes (in op) then start ep4 and then goto saveeditonline.com and get your stats to 40s.

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
It's not about that. I checked stats transfered properly and they do. I'm saying there is no way to win the fight if you choose stealth over anything else. I don't have whisper and prowess will never be 30. And i need either to win.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
My stats are as follows stealth34, Charisma41, and prowess41,,, That is what you need at least going forth.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It's not about that. I checked stats transfered properly and they do. I'm saying there is no way to win the fight if you choose stealth over anything else. I don't have whisper and prowess will never be 30. And i need either to win.
either restart and choose differently or cheat a bit, on ep5up2 my mc's stats are 50, 50 and 37 (unedited). stealth isn't used much.

MisterDan

Feb 20, 2019
either restart and choose differently or cheat a bit, on ep5up2 my mc's stats are 50, 50 and 37 (unedited). stealth isn't used much.
I have restarted several times to test stealth and why I posted about it. When I went for charisma, everything just works out magically. Going for stealth only is just broken without cheating, you can't get whisper cause of charisma is too low and prowess will also be too low to overpower. Not looking for advice how to work around it, just making the point it's broken.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes