4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
he genuinely could careless about his friend dying and being turned into a vamp
His friend went into that cave against his advice. That she got out even if she had to be turned to survive is the best outcome possible given the circumstances. Particularly when older and more experienced vampires did not.

What do you expect him to do? Cry over it? His friend is coping, Sharon is at least keeping some eye on her and he has other things on his plate.

Reactions: FFTW

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
The old adage of you are what you eat comes to mind here. You just drained not one but two depending on your decisions very nasty people. Incorporating thier personality traits so to speak.... Sharon did warn you from the beginning about how the blood changes you and that you should limit your access to it, and the longer you can hold onto your humanity.

Reactions: c3p0 and D3xzalias

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
he has other things on his plate.
That's not really a good explanation, considering he dismisses everyone around him.

Sharon: "Hey, how about we..."
PC: "Sure sure *pat pat*. Now back to your paperwork. I'm busy actually progressing the story and you're not really a part of that anymore, because you already joined the harem. Sucks to suck on my flaccid vamp dick."

Laurie: "... =("
PC: "You're fine!" *clinteastwoodface*

The old adage of you are what you eat comes to mind here. You just drained not one but two depending on your decisions very nasty people. Incorporating thier personality traits so to speak.... Sharon did warn you from the beginning about how the blood changes you and that you should limit your access to it, and the longer you can hold onto your humanity.
Would be pretty nice, if this was actually established in the story somewhere. We already have the foreshadowing from Sharon, as you mentioned, but things don't really line up and Sharon's lessons are all but forgotten it seems like. The first two episodes really had a very different vibe and the shift is pretty obvious, when playing from the beginning again.
To me it seems like the PC was always supposed to be a daddy dom power fantasy. The problem is that, if you're not into that, you're probably frustrated by the lack of (or sudden jump in) character progression and how every other major character got sidelined heavily. But if you're into the daddy dom harem thing, then every explanation for it is probably good enough, because you're enjoying yourself anyway.

For example, the PC started talking in short pointed sentences and implied headpats, because his low generation vampire powers made his jaw grow into Chad proportions, so it's difficult for him to talk without letting his chin hit the floor. Trust me, it's in the lore.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Rebirth [Ep.5 Update 3] [LikesBlondes] (997 MB rar pc source)
80 MB rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
That's not really a good explanation, considering he dismisses everyone around him.

PC: "Sure sure *pat pat*. Now back to your paperwork. I'm busy actually progressing the story and you're not really a part of that anymore, because you already joined the harem. Sucks to suck on my flaccid vamp dick."

Would be pretty nice, if this was actually established in the story somewhere. We already have the foreshadowing from Sharon, as you mentioned, but things don't really line up and Sharon's lessons are all but forgotten it seems like. The first two episodes really had a very different vibe and the shift is pretty obvious, when playing from the beginning again.
To me it seems like the PC was always supposed to be a daddy dom power fantasy. The problem is that, if you're not into that, you're probably frustrated by the lack of (or sudden jump in) character progression and how every other major character got sidelined heavily. But if you're into the daddy dom harem thing, then every explanation for it is probably good enough, because you're enjoying yourself anyway.

For example, the PC started talking in short pointed sentences and implied headpats, because his low generation vampire powers made his jaw grow into Chad proportions, so it's difficult for him to talk without letting his chin hit the floor. Trust me, it's in the lore.
Oh, trust me, even for someone who's primary kink includes male domination, there is only so much of this "man of few words" I can take. I don't really think it's a drastic change, as the MC in my memory has always been this way. Maybe it got more pronounced, but like the main issue I always had with this VN was the extremely stilted dialogue and "matter of fact" writing. That's not just in regards to the MC either. Pretty much every single character speaks in this way, more often than not.

Tbh, it's not that this type of MC is inherently crappy, but it needs to be handled with finesse to actually make him "cool" instead of coming off as someone completely full of himself, especially when the story takes itself this seriously.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Oh, trust me, even for someone who's primary kink includes male domination, there is only so much of this "man of few words" I can take. I don't really think it's a drastic change, as the MC in my memory has always been this way. Maybe it got more pronounced, but like the main issue I always had with this VN was the extremely stilted dialogue and "matter of fact" writing. That's not just in regards to the MC either. Pretty much every single character speaks in this way, more often than not.

Tbh, it's not that this type of MC is inherently crappy, but it needs to be handled with finesse to actually make him "cool" instead of coming off as someone completely full of himself, especially when the story takes itself this seriously.
The amount of times he goes "I know." like a true anime protagonist with light-up glasses, probably to come across as badass, is pretty cringe. Because we know that that's not even true, when he knows as much as we (the players) do. But it gets annoying, when he ends up being right anyway, because anything else would take away from the power fantasy and we can't have that for some reason.
We're at a point in the game, where characters are starting to get killed off and their entire arcs end up being disappointing, because nobody but the PC is allowed to have any plot relevance. I dare anyone to go back to the first episodes and tell me how the current infantilized version of Sharon is supposed to fit her character in any way.

And all the explanations for why he's so great are literally from discussions out of game. The only indication that he's different from other vamps in game is the fact that he's got multiple abilities, but we don't even get to use those, so I don't see how the PC has supposedly proven himself. It's stolen Chad valor, like a fake botox butt chin.

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Did you guys notice Sharon's eyes when she was leaving? her eyes weren't normal, they were like her eyes when she hypnotizes people IIRC, even though she wasn't hypnotizing anyone there, which basically confirms that she was hypnotized. I am honestly surprised that the MC didn't notice the eyes then, or at least in retrospective when he started worrying about Sharon and Laurie.

In general, this was a pretty nice update. Definitely much better than the first two updates this episode got. It is unfortunate that MC didn't request more help though.

UnHinged32

Nov 28, 2021
Long time player ,First time poster.
Has anyone else noticed the change in writing style since the start of episode 5?, And no I'm not talking typos or punctuation, It's subtle but has become noticeable since this latest update. Anyways love the game and cant wait to see the story play out.

Aug 9, 2018

Same here, I'm into maledom more than anything, but it's gotta be earned.

I still remember the exact line I gave up completely on MC- "I'm not about hiding behind your skirt."

It's the kind of soooooo tough, macho, casually sexist line some boomer would drop while trying desperately to sound cool. Imagine actually saying that to a vampire who repeatedly saved your life and is a million times stronger and more knowledgable than you (at the time), to a woman who is constantly insisting on being the most respected person in the room, and for her to just melt and go "oh my god the TESTOSTERONE yes dady" just because he picked up an axe and used his 50's "right in the kissa" voice.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
As Aragon would say... I'm willing to wager a body part. Fabian has fallen under the spell of our subterranean nemesis Ereshkigal who is the goddess of the underworld. And has indoctrinated many of the characters of lesser power. The one that the MC fought. She is tying to expand her reach to empower her abilities to venture out of her stasis..

As with the MC inducting the essence of those he feed upon, so to did Ereshkigal with Medusa being one of her conquests
The shield of Medusa created by Ereshkigal has a beguiling effect on those who have the trait of beguiling others for themselves. Forcing those who would subject others onto subjection themselves allowing to increase the influence that Ereshkigal has on the outside world. The reason that Roland is not found because that he too being an Offspring of Callisto. At one time Roland tried to absorb her power in the usual manner according to the Greek myth but failed. Callisto serves Innana according to Greek legend as her High priestess. (Notice that Callist resides in a Temple). Callisto being jaded and with no clear direction because Inanna was imprisoned for such a long time lost contact and stopped believing in Inanna accounting for Callisto's attitude.

I think Roland and Fabian went together to the cave where Fabian came out enthralled but Roland Didn't come out at all.
Both Ereshkigal and Inanna have been stated as cannon according to the Dev. and are integral to the story, how it plays out is another thing though. Inanna is Vision girl according to the MC.

The rest I could surmise but I don't want to spoil it,

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
His friend went into that cave against his advice. That she got out even if she had to be turned to survive is the best outcome possible given the circumstances. Particularly when older and more experienced vampires did not.

What do you expect him to do? Cry over it? His friend is coping, Sharon is at least keeping some eye on her and he has other things on his plate.
I expect him to act like he cares about his childhood friend. She is dying and in pain and he is making cringe mommy jokes

Last edited:

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020

Exactly, it's like he became someone else. He has 0 empathy for everyone and treats them like background characters at best, it was weird to see. Also you can be a dom and not be an absolute dickhead.

Last edited:
  • Hey there
Reactions: Hildegardt

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020

Yes the mc had this vibe from the start but there was actually more to him. He cared for people around and he didn't walk around like his shit don't stink and actually listened to other people but now...
The amount of times he goes "I know." like a true anime protagonist with light-up glasses, probably to come across as badass, is pretty cringe. Because we know that that's not even true, when he knows as much as we (the players) do. But it gets annoying, when he ends up being right anyway, because anything else would take away from the power fantasy and we can't have that for some reason.
We're at a point in the game, where characters are starting to get killed off and their entire arcs end up being disappointing, because nobody but the PC is allowed to have any plot relevance. I dare anyone to go back to the first episodes and tell me how the current infantilized version of Sharon is supposed to fit her character in any way.

And all the explanations for why he's so great are literally from discussions out of game. The only indication that he's different from other vamps in game is the fact that he's got multiple abilities, but we don't even get to use those, so I don't see how the PC has supposedly proven himself. It's stolen Chad valor, like a fake botox butt chin.
I don't even mind the power fantasy but atleast add something to it. The MC is just cringe now that I can't even take him seriously or find anything he does cool and get hyped about it.

Last edited:

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Yes the mc had this vibe from the start but there actually more to him. He cared for people around and he didn't walk around like his shit don't stink and actually listened to other people but now...

I don't even mind the power fantasy but atleast add something to it. The MC is just cringe now that I can't even take him seriously or find anything he does cool and get hyped about it.
Come on Guy's it's as if you were suffering from EMOTIONAL DAMAGE

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes