4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
The shield is definitely a plot tool. It's strange that the MC bangs everyone but Laurie. Also i find the story build to be too slow and we dont really get to use our power much which is seriously a bummer

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
Do choices even matter, anymore? I ask because it seems like it's been a pretty long time since I saw a difference between my different saves. And the differences I saw in the past still weren't that big.

It's almost as if "if you do it, you see this scene. If you don't do it, the story continues the same, just without making you watch this scene."

Also...I want to bag Laurie. It also seems like there should have been a "in love with Laurie, in relationship with her" path, because they were always best friends, and it just seemed like that was where they should have been headed.

Agreed with the previous comment...the MC bangs literally every female he comes across, except Laurie (and his vamp mommy's servant. lol)

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
I expect him to act like he cares about his childhood friend. She is dying and in pain and he is making cringe mommy jokes
it's strange that you focus on one attempt at levity in an entire scene full of sentences where he's clearly trying to comfort her and ease her into what is now her fate. He was there at her side explaining each step of the process and continually trying to reassure her she will be fine afterwards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ucu32167 and FFTW

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Got a few requests for an in Game Walkthrough Mod for this one. Enjoy!

DO NOT USE THE HOTFIX'S WITH THIS MOD! I'VE ALREADY FIXED ANY CODE THAT NEEDS FIXING. IF YOU REFUSE TO READ THIS AND USE THEM. PLEASE DONT COMPLAIN TO ME, BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT WILL DO TO THE MOD. EVEN THE MAKER OF THE FIXES SAYS SO!

Edit:
Updated to Ep. 5 Update 3 (NOTE: If you played the non Laurie path last update somehow, as I told you not to, your save will not work with the mod, so don't @ me if you did. Thanks! This mod is WITH Laurie path only now, because both paths are pretty close to the same and this one in much more interesting IMO.

Features: This mod takes out all random chance in the game so you get all available power points. Also highlights choices and shows point variables.

Install: Extract to "game" folder, overwrite when prompted. Important: Make sure you are installing the correct mod files in the correct episode! Episode 1, Episode 1 "game" folder etc...

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
thanks for update mod...waiting for one day at time update too;)

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
Hello so I have not played chapter 5 at all yet, downloaded both chapter 4 and 5 made sure I reached the end of 4 made a save but when I try to start chapter 5 it just tells me that there is no save and that I have no played the previous chapters so what gives?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Hello so I have not played chapter 5 at all yet, downloaded both chapter 4 and 5 made sure I reached the end of 4 made a save but when I try to start chapter 5 it just tells me that there is no save and that I have no played the previous chapters so what gives?
At the very end of chapter 4 you are asked to name your save. Chapter 5 can only see the end saves made like that.
Hope that solves your problem.

Reactions: Thedude715

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
At the very end of chapter 4 you are asked to name your save. Chapter 5 can only see the end saves made like that.
Hope that solves your problem.
Huh it did not ask that for me it was just a black screen with the text that is the end for now. so I had the non cheat walkthrough mod linked in the op installed it was updated yesterday and for chapter 5 so I thought it was fine to use. But I guess not? The game continues past where it ended with the mod installed, really wierd.

Reactions: vogelbeest

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
The shield of Medusa created by Ereshkigal has a beguiling effect on those who have the trait of beguiling others for themselves. Forcing those who would subject others onto subjection themselves allowing to increase the influence that Ereshkigal has on the outside world.
The shield is not affecting or beguiling Laurie and she has Sharon's abilities too because she is her daughter, so no.

And I find it hilarious how people now don't like the fact that the MC, AKA Main Character, has actually become, you know, the Main Character and driving force behind plot progression. The difference between the first episode and now is simple, the MC had no clue about this vampire world at all, didn't have many abilities, didn't know how to use the ones he had, and was completely confused and disoriented like anyone would be, so he deferred to Sharon. Now all these things have been corrected and he knows that he has 10 times the talent and abilities of Sharon or anyone else that isn't an elder, so he doesn't defer to them and expects them to defer to him instead. And yes, he is somewhat arrogant because of his talents and abilities, which could in the future be used as a plot point. It is a natural progression. He wasn't going to remain a lackey forever.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2023
My compressed unofficial Android ports of:

Rebirth EP1 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP2 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP3 v1 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP4 update 12 // Version2 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP5 update 2 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Now all end of episode saves will be imported by the next episode.
Rebirth EP5 update 3..???

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
it's strange that you focus on one attempt at levity in an entire scene full of sentences where he's clearly trying to comfort her and ease her into what is now her fate. He was there at her side explaining each step of the process and continually trying to reassure her she will be fine afterwards.
He really wasn't at all. The few moments he kinda showed any care for her was so fast like he almost didn't want to be there. Hell Shannon showed more concern and care for her and she only know her for a short while and they were not even close.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
He really wasn't at all. The few moments he kinda showed any care for her was so fast like he almost didn't want to be there. Hell Shannon showed more concern and care for her and she only know her for a short while and they were not even close.
Sharon was siring a new vampire for the first time. Of course she was being attentive.

Are you expecting him to go into some sort of hysterics? He was walking her through the process as it happened to him. As cringe as you think the vamp mommy jokes were, it distracted Laurie from what was happening to her and she enjoyed them enough to play along.

We supposed to trust your recollection of how the scene went? You can't even get the character's names right.

Glaz64

Jun 11, 2017
The shield is not affecting or beguiling Laurie and she has Sharon's abilities too because she is her daughter, so no.

And I find it hilarious how people now don't like the fact that the MC, AKA Main Character, has actually become, you know, the Main Character and driving force behind plot progression. The difference between the first episode and now is simple, the MC had no clue about this vampire world world at all, didn't have many abilities, didn't know how to use the ones he had, and was completely confused and disoriented like anyone would be, so he deferred to Sharon. Now all these things have been corrected and he knows that he has 10 times the talent and abilities of Sharon or anyone else that isn't an elder, so he doesn't defer to them and expects them to defer to him instead. And yes, he is somewhat arrogant because of his talents and abilities, which could in the future be used as a plot point. It is a natural progression. He wasn't going to remain a lackey forever.
Unfortunately he's still as dumb as a post. I've commented before on why making the MC stupid in order to make it easier to drive plot progression is a really bad idea, it hasn't become any better of an idea in the meantime.

The two examples from the latest update are Sharon and the shield. IT's understandable that Sharon doesn't see the influence of the shield, but we know MC sees it, and comments on it multiple times, but still does nothing, and takes the word of someone he knows is being affected by it.

Then there is Lily. He can see she is being affected, the similarities to the vampires that were affected are obvious but he seems supremely unworried and continues to follow the 'oh, I'm sure it will all work out' attitude that has already screwed him in the past. It was obvious in the previous update that sending Lily into the cave wasn't a great idea with how it made her feel, and knowing what we know about the vampire buried there. The benefit of sending her in there was also really unclear. So she knows about caves? Where is her cave knowledge and what use is it? She has contributed nothing.

He makes no attempt to take precautions, and it's obvious that the shield and Lily are going to be the source of problems later, but despite this staring him in the face, he does nothing. Because his IQ is apparently about room temperature.

Mar 5, 2023
anybody else feeling that shield will be use as the plot device to win the final battle ?
I remember from episode 3 or 4 (most probably ep 3), how cave girl felt odd smell and fear of malice down in that nos cave whereas Andrew felt nothing because he's consuming Sharon's juice.
Then in ep5 we see hunter girl feeling odd and malice from the Medusa shield. But neither the vamps or tharlls could feel it.
Also, MC has been visiting so many different places yet his ability to see past vision from places have been missing also his dreams of sunshine. Even when he touched Fabin he saw nothing same for Olivia.
Will this shield be something or be nothing like the painted lady, malia, liam, first creature in the woods, Callisto shape shifting etc. depends on devs ability to remember it after a month.

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
so Im catching up on this since just before ep3 finished and I started ep5 today and suddenly astrid isnt dead now... is this a known fuckup or something? Yes Im using a continuous save from ep1

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes