4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Personally I think a lot of why shes dismissing what he has said is because it hasnt happened before to her knowledge, she doesnt want him telling the wrong person, but if she doesnt try to believe him, thats exactly what will happen, hes already stuffed up and let the wrong person hear something, twice... Laurie and Astrid, luckily that has been dealt with already.

I think she wants to believe him, but if a friend walked up to you and told you he could see the past etc, what would you think, the first thought would probably be "Your Crazy", but deep inside you would want them to stop, so that you could go back to believing in them.

Sharon believes the MC about the Invisibility and Claws, but the Whispers were something she couldnt see, like his visions, and they will need to work through that before something goes bad.

BTW the visions dont appear to be one of his Disciplines at all, remember there was also that Nos that was having the same sort of visions, I think thats more due to the "Blood Queen" - Woman in blood whatever we wanna nickname her, from what we have seen she is ancient, probably was ancient even when the MC's Sire was a Childe, I suspect she is Antideluvian which would explain the visions, maybe that Nos is of a similar generation to the MC, I cant remember the exact comment but I think Merrik said the guy was powerful before he started having visions, and only those of a powerful Generation are getting the visions, it would explain a lot, she opened the door, and the MC is looking through - so to speak, essentially a free forth Discipline.

But yeah, Sharon needs to listen, and he needs to explain what hes seen, to those he trusts, Sharon and Laurie, Andrew to a lesser degree but thats because he does what Sharon says, MC trusts Merrik but some of what he has seen and done has to be kept from him, so yeah...

Carmen, is a problem, there are two different choices to make, Live and Die, and if Live Thrall or Vamp, they all know if she becomes a Vamp there will be trouble, so that kinda removes that option in the shortterm, so its really Die or Thrall, if Thrall who's Sharon, Merrik, or the MC, If she was a blood bag to the MC then Merrik is the main option, as then he doesnt have to worry about borrowing Laurie which most MC's would be against due to their lifelong friendship, Sharon even said at one point that the MC could use her as whatever he wanted, she was going to give her to him.

If the MC was nice to her, then the chances are he'd want Carmen to be either his or Sharons, but they might be willing to let Merrik have a bite if needed since they arent long time friends.

Back to the talking between the group I think the MC and Sharon need to talk before he takes a walk in the sun due to her treatment, when your dismissed like she had done theres no idea what you might do, especially when you might have a vision and walk outside during it...

Once he is able to tell her some of t he things hes seen that she knows are true, she might open up, sure his clan is different but so far nothing about his clan has been of a disadvantage, Sharon will see that and be able to convince him to not talk about the bits he needs to keep quiet about, heck his Sire could even turn up and explain it to her, but that would be a bit overkill.

Also I think she knows how potent his blood is, when she got hurt she was close to final-death, a small drink and she was fully healed, needed a little blood to be full but still, that happens only when the blood is especially potent, and she would know it, she is fond of him though so she doesnt want anyone to hear about it, fearing he might get bled for that same blood.

In relation to the whole dick twitch incidents, Laurie I think was the first to cause it, then Sharon, both a few times, then Carmen eventually, It had happened in Episode 1 so yeah, its not all because of Carmen like a few people have mentioned.
This update us gave another good reason why MC should not be the one to turn Carmen that being Fabians warning to MC. If Carmen does get turned it should be Sharon who does it.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
It is confusing that MC keeps being ignored when he says what's happening to him though. It makes Sharon seem kind of stupid. I'd prefer that she was unsettled but wasn't much help because she's never heard of anything like this.
to be fair, MC hasn't presented any evidence to back his claim, so far all he tole them could be lucky guesses.
it is worth to remember that now that Mommy made a potential appearance, the power structure is totally flipped
Oh no, Mommy does not care a thing about that, that is totally true. But you need the archon approval if you are weaker than him. Once mommy starts caring about MC, the archon can't touch a dent on him or his toys, aka Carmen.
That is what I meant. In the future, Carmen could be turned without trouble once Mommy asserts her dominance after taking an interest on MC
Fabian did say that she'll shit when she finds out that MC is alive, that's not something someone who doesn't care would do.
She has no knowledge about what MC is, just that he is developing too fast or is too confused about his situation, to the point he is seeing images in his head.

Besides, I actually love that they may not always agree on things, makes for a more real relationship. And I want even more that they disagree on other women. But I thrive with conflict, so I may not be the one with the standard opinion here.
yet at the end of episode 1, Sharon suggested asking some scholars, so she's not entirely dismissing MC's claim.
Certainly, if Mommy Dearest can bring herself to care that much. I am as yet unconvinced that's going to happen any time soon however.
she will care a great deal.
1 sentence to annoy all the Sharon fans ....... she's holding him back, why do we still need her?
because MC is a fledgling without a known sire? it's either a tutor (Sharon's role) or a final death.
'd rather go with the blonde, she seem a bit more ,well, nuts and hopefully wiling to listen to wilder shit. Sharon seems to be one of those people that seems to think they know everything about a world that is constantly evolving and looks to have left her behind. If she isn't going to start paying attention she is going to be more of a hindrance than she already is.
you tell Astrid you have powers,next thing you know she' drains you dry.... and not in the fun way.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
Okay i gave the game a full playthrough now and i enjoyed it a lot. I originally played it a while ago but i couldn't get into it so i saved it to my backlog until i could really dive into it and boy was i in for a treat.

The story so far is great but I'm very biased here. Sharon and Carmen are the only Wife material for me currently until the MC's Sire Mommy thing gets sorted but it probably won't end well after what fabian hinted at. Sharon, i was worried about in the beginning but i started liking her as the story move along. Merrick was actually a pretty cool dude. Andrew reminded me of Agent 47. Laurie, I'm still undecided about. Carmen on the other hand I'm really attracted to as she's a gorgeous hunter and she could be useful in the future, i would think, so she's definitely one of my other favorites going forward. All that said Sire Mommy is my current Number 1 while Carmen and Sharon are tied for Number 2.

From my choices. My build was weird as i tried to see if i could get all of them or balance it and i came to the conclusion that it's possible but maybe i played wrong(i didn't look at the walkthrough to see) so i settle on a mainly Prowess build for my current main that i played throughout Ep1-2.

I did test afterwards by editing stats and noticed that you can indeed get them both from Sharon dialogue after the police break in(for Claws and Invisibility). So there's probably a way to get them. I'll figure that out for my main and then port it to Ep 2. Though there's Secret Whisper now but I'm guessing you'll acquire enough charisma for that(if it's indeed tied to that stat) so i probably don't have to worry about that. I'll play around until i figure it out or i could just look at the walkthrough and stop being stubborn lol.

Great game and update. I'm definitely eager to see more from this game in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
you tell Astrid you have powers,next thing you know she' drains you dry.... and not in the fun way.
I doubt tat very much.

As unhinged as she may be she strikes me as probably one of the more intelligent characters in the game. He's still growing, why would she settle for baby scraps when she can twist him round and get everything once he's fully formed?

She drains him now she's gets his basic stuff, she keeps him sweet and warps it so all he thinks about is her then she's going to get everything he ever will be and a perma source of superfood.

Draining him right now is too shortsighted.

Why would she settle for scraps when she can have a bitch forever?

He'd have a lot more fun there before his mother and probable army of sisters swing into town then he can deal with her and the archon.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
As unhinged as she may be she strikes me as probably one of the more intelligent characters in the game. He's still growing, why would she settle for baby scraps when she can twist him round and get everything once he's fully formed?

She drains him now she's gets his basic stuff, she keeps him sweet and warps it so all he thinks about is her then she's going to get everything he ever will be and a perma source of superfood.

Draining him right now is too shortsighted.
are we talking about the same Astrid that had to be picked up because she didn't return to her haven before falling into the daily torpor? The same that didn't wait for the trial to be over before she'd shout "you promied me the boy" at the archon? The same Astrid that informed Carmen's group about MC and Sharon?

before his mother and probable army of sisters swing into town then he can deal with her and the archon.
don't you dare start the "there's no incest in this game' tirade, please....

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Its not Sharon's fault that the writer wants to add drama by her and Merrick not believing the mc. They have had years to form how the world of the undead is and as such are flawed as many humans in thinking they know everything.

I enjoy sharon though so im biased and freely admit it. Now that walking waste of hot pixels Carmen is what grinds my gear. My only complaint in the story is how my mc is being force feed feelings for that annoying twat.

Still love the story but I do hope the drama from the we think the mc is losing his shit ends and carmen gets drained. But i don't see either happening so ill enjoy the good bits and try to overlook the bad.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Astrid isn't the sharpest tool in the box, she's probably the one who put Carmen and co on track about Sharon's crew.
We still don't know why but she hates Sharon even if she tries to hide it behind her passive aggressive behaviour.
About the dumb MC, that's Ptolomey writing in action. I have been playing some of his games and every MC is the same, dumb as a rock.

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
don't you dare start the "there's no incest in this game' tirade, please....
That I only do when devs say it and morons can't seem to grasp it.

Although I don't think the mother we're talking about and the one you are thinking of are the same people.

are we talking about the same Astrid that had to be picked up because she didn't return to her haven before falling into the daily torpor? The same that didn't wait for the trial to be over before she'd shout "you promied me the boy" at the archon? The same Astrid that informed Carmen's group about MC and Sharon?
Now, imagine when someone like that still comes across more intelligent than the rest of the cast.

Her getting loud at the Archon was his fault for promising what he couldn't deliver. He overstepped making himself look weak and failing to live up to a bargain he'd made to her.

I didn't say she was a genius, I said she was one of the most intelligent characters in the game.

Comparing her to the Mc who is the whole reason they are in the mess they are in because, and I quote "I didn't want you to think badly of me" to his "best friend" who is now a thrall by no choice of her own.

Being led by the woman who sent him into a den of hunters which could have ended really badly because, despite all the evidence staring in her face, her dominate not working is impossible .... yet it's happened twice now.

Let's be honest, they aren't a confidence inspiring bunch.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Carmen, is a problem, there are two different choices to make, Live and Die, and if Live Thrall or Vamp
I say Thrall, to turn someone into a vampire you need permision from the elders and you can't turn just anyone, Carmen being a Hunter means the elders would want her tortured and dead asap

Reactions: Haast

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
to turn someone into a vampire you need permision from the elders and you can't turn just anyone, Carmen being a Hunter means the elders would want her tortured and dead asap
you know? usually parents that neglect their kids are all about their grandkids... Redhead wouldn't let Carmen get hurt

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
I say Thrall, to turn someone into a vampire you need permision from the elders and you can't turn just anyone, Carmen being a Hunter means the elders would want her dead asap
Just as I said, its a coice between Thrall or death, nicest option is Thrall as there is the chance of embracing her at a later date, also she wasn't a real hunter she was a lure.

Several times people have mentioned the whole Sharon eye power failing against Carmen, I doubt she broke the glass to draw Sharon in, I think she did it to break the power, after all she wasn't a real hunter and wouldn't have that orders abilities, they could have taught her that the pain could help block the ability.

Reactions: Raptus Puellae

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
to turn someone into a vampire you need permision from the elders and you can't turn just anyone, Carmen being a Hunter means the elders would want her tortured and dead asap
Only if you're less powerful than the government running vampiric society :p. Based on what we're finding out, mc's sire is most likely so ancient and powerful that these rules wouldn't apply to her because... Well have you ever heard of the Week of Nightmares? Let's just say if my theory is correct and she is this games equivalent of an Antideluvian, she may have world altering powers that make her damn near impossible to deal with and so powerful that she can bend reality and the planet to her will.

ucu32167

Jun 5, 2019
Only if you're less powerful than the government running vampiric society :p. Based on what we're finding out, mc's sire is most likely so ancient and powerful that these rules wouldn't apply to her because... Well have you ever heard of the Week of Nightmares? Let's just say if my theory is correct and she is this games equivalent of an Antideluvian, she may have world altering powers that make her damn near impossible to deal with and so powerful that she can bend reality and the planet to her will.
That would be dissapointing. It would break the story, I think. Here comes uber mommy vamp to blow appart anyone that might get in our way.
The way I see it. They're trying to do an episodic thing. In this episode we have to deal with the vampire in the woods. In the next episode, it will be something else. Kinda like a string of stories around these characters. For mommy vamp to take center stage and solve our our problems, would break that chain. I think she'll be in the background, visiting us, giving us quests etc....
Like the smoking man in The X-files

Reactions: Miskatonic81

zh

Oct 17, 2017
Gotta be honest, there are only so many "hey this happened to me" ... "no it didn't, you are just confused" conversations I can cope with.

They don't know who sired him and he's already shown growth beyond any other vampire they know yet still pulling the "we don't believe you" nonsense. It gets old.

It's not my story to write but Sharon is supposed to be intelligent and has been around a while yet seems oddly dismissive and not willing to listen to someone she supposedly cares about.

1 sentence to annoy all the Sharon fans ....... she's holding him back, why do we still need her?

I'd rather go with the blonde, she seem a bit more ,well, nuts and hopefully wiling to listen to wilder shit. Sharon seems to be one of those people that seems to think they know everything about a world that is constantly evolving and looks to have left her behind. If she isn't going to start paying attention she is going to be more of a hindrance than she already is.

From the MC's quick growth to the sire no one knows to the girl blocking her eye powers (which she claimed was impossible yet the proof was right there) to getting her arse well and truly handed to her....

I liked her until near the end of the first season, she just seems utterly useless except as a food source. She's a walking can of pop.
Well, if Sharon has a use, it's to emphasize the fact that MC's powers and potential are VERY unusual. They are so unusual that even Sharon, an "experienced" vampire can't even fathom what MC is getting through.
And... it doesn't bother me to be honest. She is not useless, as she serves as a comparison measure as to [usual powers vampires should have nowdays (nownights?)] VS. [ancient powers].

She is like Obi-wan Kenobi, a "normal" Jedi who tried to deal with the unusual skills and visions his apprentice showed... and Obi-wan was not useless :ROFLMAO: And like in a certain Star wars movie, I would bet that Sharon could still dominate MC in a serious 1v1 fight ;)

Last edited:

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Well, if Sharon has a use, it's to emphasize the fact that MC's powers and potential are VERY unusual. They are so unusual that even Sharon, an "experienced" vampire can't even fathom what MC is getting through.
And... it doesn't bother me to be honest. She is not useless, as she serves as a comparison measure as to [usual powers vampires should have nowdays (nownights?)] VS. [ancient powers].

She is like Obi-wan Kenobi, a "normal" Jedi who tried to deal with the unusual skills and visions his apprentice showed... and Obi-wan was not usless :ROFLMAO: And like in a certain Star wars movie, I would bet that Sharon could still humiliate MC in a serious 1v1 fight ;)
Sharon has 3 good reasons to dismiss MC's claims as him talking smack...
1) if he was a lower generation, she shouldn't be able to control him when she told Laurie that they are dating, yet she did.
2)they are to make a blood bound and Sharon wants to be in control of herself, yet if MC had a lower genertion and more potent blood, his side of the bond would be stronger and to a degree he would have control over her,
3) Sharon is still a girl despite being an immortal vampiress, so here comes a guy she starts to like,she uses her powers, maybe enjoys his awe and admiration for what she's capable of, then all of a sudden this guy says he could do the same thing only better since he can do it telepathically. So a part of her could feel that he won't need her anymore and that scares her. Sure she's still a competent fighter (Eloise wouldn't accept to do her a favor if she was pathetic, and the creature in the woods would probably defeat a group of vampires) but if anyone paid attention, Sharon puts a bit of effort to impress (her wardrobe does have lots of clothes despite it being just a mission, she spends a bit of time getting ready etc)

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Well, it looks like MC's sire doesn't give a fuck about the MC if we believe what the Templar said, plus she isn't part of the Council it seems.
Sharon and our MC work under the rules of the Council of archons, so turning Carmen into a vampire without permission is a severe violation of said rules.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
BTW the visions dont appear to be one of his Disciplines at all, remember there was also that Nos that was having the same sort of visions, I think thats more due to the "Blood Queen" - Woman in blood whatever we wanna nickname her, from what we have seen she is ancient, probably was ancient even when the MC's Sire was a Childe, I suspect she is Antideluvian which would explain the visions, maybe that Nos is of a similar generation to the MC, I cant remember the exact comment but I think Merrik said the guy was powerful before he started having visions, and maybe only those of a powerful Generation are getting the visions, it would explain a lot, she opened the door, and the MC is looking through - so to speak, essentially a free forth Discipline.
I think u need to differentiate between his visions.

The ones with the 'girl', is as u said, likely caused by her be it a blood connection or because she is a antideluvian.
That being said, if my memory serves me right, i think he has the first vision of her when he starts to turn, so even before he is vamp, which is why i think it's more likely it is a blood conection in Mc's case than his generation.

The other visions which show the past, or memorys when he is in contact with a person, seems clearly a bloodline power.
The Templar used it to show his sire and was expecting him to see it (used it as a confirmation).

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Fabian called the MC "cousin" and appears to have sworn an oath of vassalage to the MC's 'sire', ie. Momma Redhead, at some point in the past since he was kneeling before her in full armor in the MC's vision. So presumably they're of the same 'clan'. When asked Fabian informs the MC that his "lineage" is known as the "thaumaturges" or "templars". In VtM, the Tremere hold a monopoly on thaumaturgy in the modern day. The Templars OTOH are something altogether different in VtM, not a clan, but a term for elite bodyguards to high-ranking Sabbat officials. So combining the two seems to be a bit of a divergence from the VtM setting.

Maybe instead of Sabbat, the Templars are an ancient order of bodyguards to Momma Redhead, who seems to be both very old and incredibly powerful. As a member of a clan of thaumaturges, she's probably a powerful sorceress and this game's equivalent to the VtM character Meerlinda, albeit a very jaded version of her, or perhaps even a female version of Tremere himself.
This what i'm saying it doesn't have to be particularly the sabbat but an organization that is closely resembles them
Why i think that,

the sabbat is known for violence

this is from the beginning of chapter 1

(random chick)
>As of this moment this meeting has officially started
>And is under protection of the temple
>No violence of any kind will be allowed
>Respect that or pay the price
>And please feel free to say what you want free of the fear of violence

So violence is not something they not shy away from. Only when meetings are held violence is frowned upon.
Maybe ptolemy used the sabbat as guidance for the organization but just a twist of it

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes