4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
I wish MC would give Laurie some fucking love. It's so agravating at times
Exactly. I find her much more appealing and sexier than Sharon. Hell, I`d be happy for my MC to just have her as a LI and platonic with Sharon. Laurie and MC have a real close bond already for that keystone and now the added Master/Thrall angle....poor girl is desperate, while MC is just acting like a dick most of the time.

AL.d

Sep 26, 2016
Probaly the most interesting update since this game started. Finally some signs that MC will have the chance to be the cunning and manipulative creature vampires are supposed to be, instead of just a vanilla dude waiting for his handler's orders.

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
She thought it but she didn't want strangers around her kids.

She doesn't know who he is, he could be dangerous and she brought him where her babies are, that's why it's a bad thing. She may have wanted to fuck him but not right at that moment.

I am legit concerned you don't see the fault there.

Thinking about something and someone controlling your mind to make you do it are 2 entirely different things.
I used the whispers and I totally agree that it was a rapey dick move once it all played out. I'm leaving it as is though, because it is going to be a learning moment for MC on how this power affects people.

Totally embracing the regret and self-loathing MC shows after the fact.

He now knows he CAN, but next time he'll have to consider if he SHOULD. He's learned that "I am not an animal" is for more than just blood.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
My meager two cents on animations is that I actually have never seen yet the kind of cool animation I would like to see more often. For example, some animations that are sex scenes are great, and they can make a game better sometimes, but I think it's kind of rare. It's just really hard to do well.

But the type of animation I don't think I have seen once in a game on this site is a very impactful story moment that you can't forget after playing it. As a random example, in Pretend Story A there is some kind of special scene where Guy A is in the rain, and Girl A has tears in her eyes mixing with the rain and it's a powerful emotional scene. The animation has them slowly hug each other, look into each others' eyes, kiss deeply, lightning flashes around them as they kiss, and the music in the background is playing, etc. I might be in the minority here, but I'd love to see animations for powerful narrative key moments in a story if it can be done well.
Actually there is 3 devs that makes such animations drpinkcake, Driffty and slimgames for romantic moments and to express some feelings that words or static renders cant convey at all....

Faptime

Mar 25, 2018
Exactly. I find her much more appealing and sexier than Sharon. Hell, I`d be happy for my MC to just have her as a LI and platonic with Sharon. Laurie and MC have a real close bond already for that keystone and now the added Master/Thrall angle....poor girl is desperate, while MC is just acting like a dick most of the time.
He's being aloof because he needs to. He needs to let Laurie "level out" before he can open up to her more. That's how I'm reading it, anyways.

About being sexier than Sharon, well attractiveness is subjective and your opinion is allowed to be wrong. :LOL:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
He's being aloof because he needs to. He needs to let Laurie "level out" before he can open up to her more. That's how I'm reading it, anyways.

About being sexier than Sharon, well attractiveness is subjective and your opinion is allowed to be wrong. :LOL:
Yeah, I don't quite get a dick vibe out of how the MC treats Laurie, it's more that he needs to be sure she remains as much her own person as possible, before he can pursue anything more than friendship.

I like both ladies, but if I had to choose Sharon is more my type.

Last edited:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well first of I never told people what to like or not like... I didn't even say their taste is a mistake... Typical people like you only hear what you wanna hear and then think, thats what other people say, even tho they did not lol but great job of twisting ALL of what I said around, so it fits what you think I said, but did not :)
First you are straight up lying or just being silly (for being subtle). Quality it always a subjective analysis. So here you are essentially telling them why they are wrong with their taste:
People who say they don't want animations, don't know what good quality is

But let me explain what I mean about quality, since you clearly did not understand anything I wrote :) Lets take video games as an example, playing a video game where you can move your char around and doing stuff you can actually see, is way better quality than you clicking on pictures and you dont see what happens or another example a real car you can drive in, is of much better quality and you get much better experience, than a drawing of a car you can do nothing with
This is not any videogame but a visual novel. You are essentially in a very ridiculous way comparing GTA to this. By following your claim, a movie is always better than a book or a series. I can guarantee that if you were to ask most people will tell you that your claim is straight up false.

and I did not say animations is the only thing that measures the quality of an game, but sorry for thinking that people should know that already, my mistake
You did make a mistake, and you are forgiven. But your mistake was not realizing that you essentially implied that. Read your whole statement and you will see that this is your logic:

1) To me an sex game without animations, is just a boring comic book (boring for something considered leisure is essentially saying that that product is bad, or "bad quality" as entertainment is its ultimate purpose)
2) People who say they don't want animations, don't know what good quality is (this is a not a then not b implications)
3) I would rather wait longer for good quality, instead of getting a comic book, called a game (here, after establishing that no animations imply a boring game you are claiming that you would rather wait for animations so that it is no longer a boring game)

Have you ever read a book of logic? At the very least you said that "no animations imply bad quality" That is, it is a necessary condition for you to have animations to be of good quality, even if potentially not sufficient.

Finally, I don't think that "majority rules" is a valid way to prove things. As we could all be wrong about what you said. But if your original comment has 9 facepalms and no other reaction, in your place I would assume that at the very least I did not explain myself well. You might want to check on that.

Last edited:

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020

I don`t find aloof as more like he`s been dickish quite a few times but we can say it`s down to his age, he comes across pretty immature at times. Pffft, Sharon looks like Nosferatu when compared to Laurie....dat long blond hair, soft features, tatts....mmmh yeah.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
the dev is called LikesBlondes... sooner or later Laurie will have her moment, for those not thinking that her cat fight remark wasn't GOAT
drpinkcake,
and despite having 30 times more patrons than LikesBlondes, waht's his update cycle ? 5+ months

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
the dev is called LikesBlondes... sooner or later Laurie will have her moment, for those not thinking that her cat fight remark wasn't GOAT

and despite having 30 times more patrons than LikesBlondes, waht's his update cycle ? 5+ months
Word. :love:

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah, I don't quite get a dick wipe out of how the MC treats Lau
MC is a total douchebag to her. She put her in this mess only cause he was afraid of what she would think of him. She keeps treating her as a child. In my opinion thrall Laurie is anything but that and she is slowly becoming a great character.

I gotta say, for all my complains about Laurie, she actively going after Sharon, asking for MC's attention and everything, as a real girl in love would do, is making her way more appealing that it was before. I was even attracted to her when MC bite her.
As long as she stops worshipping MC doing nothing, and gets her fire out, I might have to put her up on my heroines tier list.

I really hope she has time to shine next update.

Reactions: Lord Soth

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
MC is a total douchebag to her. She put her in this mess only cause he was afraid of what she would think of him. She keeps treating her as a child. In my opinion thrall Laurie is anything but that and she is slowly becoming a great character.

Like I wrote, that's not how I see it. For me, he is afraid that she could become completely fixated on him, mindlessly in love and all.
He wants her to remain as much herself as possible, that's why he keeps his distance and reprimands her at times.
Might depend on the choices you make how it appears to you.
I'm also not saying he is treating her well, just that I see a different reason for how he behaves, not just that he is a dick.

Think about how shocked he was about what happened to his landlord and to Laurie, it's not like he doesn't feel horrible about it.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
gotta say, for all my complains about Laurie, she actively going after Sharon, asking for MC's attention and everything, as a real girl in love would do, is making her way more appealing that it was before. I was even attracted to her when MC bite her.
As long as she stops worshipping MC doing nothing, and gets her fire out, I might have to put her up on my heroines tier list.

I really hope she has time to shine next update.
and all her remarks stung because all were true... Sharon does have a lot of tight clothes while MC treats her (Sharon ) as if she was his queen.
I believe Laurie will be vital to defeating the thing, a bit dangerous of an idea, but she could be bait

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Like I wrote, that's not how I see it. For me, he is afraid that she could become completely fixated on him, mindlessly in love and all.
He wants her to remain as much herself as possible, that's why he keeps his distance and reprimands her at times.
Might depend on the choices you make how it appears to you.
I'm also not saying he is treating her well, just that I see a different reason for how he behaves, not just that he is a dick.
That is a fair point. I do believe that assuming your claim is true, he could do a way better job. But it does paint the relationship in a different fashion.

I am picking all the "nice" options to her and everybody essentially, cause I am trying to play as myself and I would want to treat her and Carmen as nice as possible. But I do believe that he could try a bit more with Laurie. Even if I myself would chose enthrallment if I could be forever with the person I love, she did not choose it. His stupidity put her into that place.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
First, cause sometimes it is good in this thread: I always took the discussion in a friendly way. When I want to be unfriendly I am anything but subtle.

I did understand your point. What I answered back was essentially a thought exercise, tied to my original comments that for transitions to be well executed you need as a necessary condition a lot of renders, but it is not even sufficient conditions as they need to be good renders.

In the end, it always boils down to a economic problem: I have x amount of money and y time to allocate to the game. If x and y are infinite, you can do whatever you want. But most of the time, most are finite and quite binding. So the rest of my argument, which was actually not an argument but a communication of my taste, was essentially the following thought comparison.

If you have the ability to render the rest of the game exactly, but you could chose either to animate a sex scene or a dance. At the end of the day, sex is executed is series of repetitive movements which are known to pretty much anyone, even virgins, provided you have access to internet. Yes, you can claim that there are some extremely exoteric positions, but it is not what usually happens that boils down to the most common: blowjob, cunninlingus, misionary, cowgirl, doggy, sixtynice, handjob. There are only so many variations you can have on each of those. Does it really matter if dicks goes a cm deeper or a second faster from the point of view of the animation?

The dance, on the other hand is different.
-First, it can but it need not be a sequence of repetitive movements.
-Second, they are extremely unique and speed is important: it is not the same to animate a ballerina dancing with a sequence of super fast movement as to do it with well executed movement that follow music.
-Third, variation is actually quite large, as different music makes for different dancing and animations: not the same thing to have said ballerina dancing to ballet than to make her rap while wearing a tutu.
-Fourth, most people are not as acquainted with ballet or different types of dancing that they are with sex. Obviously, if the reader is a ballerina just describing the scene with a few renders can be enough for her to use her imagination and understand what is going on in terms of movement: just mention her that they are doing an Arabesque with two renders, one in the beginning one at the end and you are done. But this is not the same for most readers that are not into the subject. Sex, on the contrary, if you say doggy style, just a render of the position and a render of the guy cumming inside the girl is enough for pretty much everybody to understand: dick goes in, dick goes out.

There are obvious other reasons, but I think that is enough to boils down my idea. No only it is better for me to use those extra renders for the rest of the game but even if the rest of the game could not be further improved by improving or augmenting renders, I would not focus on sex scenes but rather more unique scenes to animate.
And yet you did not understand that my point was just where that new guy they are going to hire should work, renders vs animations, plot vs sex, etc
you did take the argument to money, but the dev already is going to hire someone, the point is where he should work on.... that was the main point of my argument.
and while a dance doesn't need repetitive movements, doesn't mean it should take priority over sex.
You or me liking one thing more doesn't mean the other one is wrong, is like people hating sandbox and others liking more sandbox games because it can have some kind of gameplay or they feel they are more in control. Is a question of tastes. Many devs do polls because of things like this and I think is mostly what likesblondes will do, asking what people may want, you may be surprised what people may choose.
Have in mind that animations are not put in games just for such things like you say, they add flavor to a game that's for sure, in most adult games they are used for sex scenes because it caters to the game genre, in this game maybe the animations can be for different things, that depends on what the dev wants to make "adult / sexual" or more "story centered" game, an adult game will rather make animations in sex scenes while a more centered in the story will rather have animations for other things like fights, or other visual things that will make the game look better. And sorry to say this but for me I do enjoy animated sex scenes far more than any static one, that is a question of taste but anything animated "good" will always be better than any static render for me any day.

to be fair his updates are more than 2500 renders and like 100 or more animations, that makes about 500 renders and 20 animations of monthly work.... more than any other game.
I think while it sucks to wait so much time is pretty decent work, I think people don't do him justice at all.

BTW I love and prefer Laurie far more than any other girl in the game so far....;)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
@Ayhsel correct me if I am wrong... but drinking from a human and then giving her your blood... isn't that how the Embrace works? sure... Laurie wasn't fully drained but sill...
My understanding is like this:
1) drinking keeps target human.
2) feeding her your blood works as a super high drug that heals her and even stop aging for some time
3) feeding her your blood several times makes her your thrall
4) to actually turn her, you have to first drain your victim and then, right before they actually die feed them your blood.

1, 2 and 3 are almost confirmed in this setting.

4, however, remains an assumption, as MC cannot remember what Sire did. We can only assume she fed on us, given some of the renders, but there is no information on us feeding on her. However, given that in this update we fed on Laurie and we can feed her our blood, simply feeding on her and giving her our blood does not make a vamp, implying that at the very least there is more to it.

My assumption again would be you need to drain her.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes