4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Bit disapointed with the lack of choices

And also a bit disapointed in the mc he learning some valuable skills and is trown around like he was nothing

But yeah in some way i can understand he still young and learning but man he was no match

And that in his first meaningfull fight so far

Lets hope he can man up in future fights

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So, late to the party, as always.
I agree with Ayhsel abut the fight and even about Miri, thus now I have two path in the game to follow. Also I think that SoulStainMiri will affect both. Furthermore I'm sure the missing axe will come back and will bit us. The explanation with some none hobbyist vampire hunter make a lot of sense and would also provide some futher story options and so on.

Yet I do find the fighting somekind lacking. NO, I don't want the MC to be an overpowered, instand kill vamp badass since his birth, but I do find they were going into the fight kinda rushed. Agree that they don't have a plan and don't have made one.

What I do find "lacking":
None prepared strategy, not even a bad, rushed one. Even "tactical" Sharon doesn't provide one. Heck, Merrick with his call friends and regroup has the most valid strategy. I don't say the MC shall provide one as this is over his head.
My only explanation would be that none of them had ever enbcountered a feral vampire before. And none of them have some fighting capabillity.
Would work for Sharon, can work for Merrick, but don't work with Andrew. This guy is at least for now our muscle and had surely his own share of fight with and without vampires.
Would lead me to some questions about the Archon/Astrids schemes and even cast some doubt on Markus.

So, were is Merrick now? Possible on foot back to the house and in the next scene he comes in with Andrew. But what if not and he has his own task? I doubt that he is working togheter with the Archon or any of his allies, but what do we know about Markus?
Or more could it be that this is our cousin doing as he and Merrick share more than he reveals?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So, late to the party, as always.
I agree with Ayhsel abut the fight and even about Miri, thus now I have two path in the game to follow. Also I think that SoulStainMiri will affect both. Furthermore I'm sure the missing axe will come back and will bit us. The explanation with some none hobbyist vampire hunter make a lot of sense and would also provide some futher story options and so on.

Yet I do find the fighting somekind lacking. NO, I don't want the MC to be an overpowered, instand kill vamp badass since his birth, but I do find they were going into the fight kinda rushed. Agree that they don't have a plan and don't have made one.

What I do find "lacking":
None prepared strategy, not even a bad, rushed one. Even "tactical" Sharon doesn't provide one. Heck, Merrick with his call friends and regroup has the most valid strategy. I don't say the MC shall provide one as this is over his head.
My only explanation would be that none of them had ever enbcountered a feral vampire before. And none of them have some fighting capabillity.
Would work for Sharon, can work for Merrick, but don't work with Andrew. This guy is at least for now our muscle and had surely his own share of fight with and without vampires.
Would lead me to some questions about the Archon/Astrids schemes and even cast some doubt on Markus.

So, were is Merrick now? Possible on foot back to the house and in the next scene he comes in with Andrew. But what if not and he has his own task? I doubt that he is working togheter with the Archon or any of his allies, but what do we know about Markus?
Or more could it be that this is our cousin doing as he and Merrick share more than he reveals?
I hope Merrick is clean and does not backstab us. I really, really like the guy. It will pain me to kill him if he went against us so I am going to hope that is not the case.

About the fight, we all agree on the lack of plan. I get the feeling that they rush to finish her. I think I kind of remember Sharon saying something like let's get this over with. And I don't think overall that was a bad idea. She was there, but probably she knew they were there as well as they knew she was there. She might have fled to another place. And being a Nos, finding her again might prove to be a real problem. They could have follow maybe some strategy, but they just found that she was a nos, as the ones with decision did not really trust MC's visions.

They did have a flamethrower, so it wasn't totally they had really no plan. The fight would have been over way faster if they just managed to get the fire direct on her. After all, there are not many plans I can think that may work except to win by mere numbers and overpowering her.

I am welcome to hearing any recommendation of a strategy the 4/5 of them could have made in their feet without actually leaving with more people and risk losing their pray.
It is hard for me to think anything. Well, maybe use Andrew or Laurie as bait and when she goes for the hunt roast the bitch. But that would be really dangerous for the bait, either the vsmpire of the fire could kill them.

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Mmm, about the tactic, they aren't fighters and were send to deal with the killer as punishment. Anyway, they were 5 armed against 1 vampire. They got the call and had to act fast, so fast that the MC barely did it on time.
Once in the Hospital there was only one thing left to do, stay together, find the thing and kill it.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020
she probably felt MC's bloodline
I get that. It was a jab at yet another affirmation of how supposedly powerful mc could be.(which I disliked) Especially considering how this "fight" went.. I guess I'd rather be shown than told at this point or hint at it by having her focusing the MC cause you are the tastiest of the bunch?

I just googled around a bit and as stated by others it really seems to be heavily tied in with VtM lore. (MC and Sharon running from the flamethrowers fire) Maybe it's because I am not too familiar with VtM that a lot seems to escape me.

However, I would assume Sharon and Andrew know what effect those flames have on them.. Yet it isn't mentioned at all up until this point. The whole group really seems totally unprepared which makes the "idle time" back at the house a bit weird instead of waiting around for that phone call you'd assume they would bring MC up to speed about a few things.

Well, I really hope there is more to all this and an explanation where that feral vampire came from. (thought some might have been explained with secret whispers... unfortunately not)
I am kind of hoping it all turns out to be some sort of scheme for whatever purpose..

As far as suspects go, there is still the missing hunter Gregor
Archon and Astrid
Merrick is now missing and really wonder what that is about in relation with Laurie noticing that deadspot with the cameras.
Each release so far brings more questions than answers :ROFLMAO:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
A simple and obvious idea to help with the feral that no one has mentioned, and I just thought of now.

They should've went and got the MMA fighter lady to come with them. Like others have said, none of the main characters, besides Andrew, are good at fighting. A human being your best fighter probably isn't a good idea when you're trying to fight a supercharged feral. If his flamethrower had ran out of gas or didn't work they would've been eaten. The MMA lady would've been the teams best fighter by a solid margin.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I hope Merrick is clean and does not backstab us. I really, really like the guy. It will pain me to kill him if he went against us so I am going to hope that is not the case.
Not only you do. I hope it is only my paranoid self or something that he and Marcus are doing to that isn't against us or even help us in the long run, yet I have a thinking, paranoid and sceptical brain that running though in loops and leave nothing unturned until it proved it's theories. Sometimes I hope the piece other throws at me wouldn't straight goes to ideas or even picture.:ROFLMAO:
I am welcome to hearing any recommendation of a strategy the 4/5 of them could have made in their feet without actually leaving with more people and risk losing their pray.
For one rushed patch up strategy: Use Andrew. He is the one that comes the nearest to a fighter we have. Use him, his flamethrower and try to proctect him. This and try to corner the feral or pin her down. If she has only one way than burn it.
Sure, basically they have done that. But as far as I can tell, either for Sharon and her thrall this cause of action was "normal" and didn't need an explanation or this was more a habit than a real planned strategy. If this was a strategy why do have Andrew no reserve fuel for his barbecue tool? And why they didn't tell their newbies of this?
Each release so far brings more questions than answers :ROFLMAO:
That is true, although I doubt this would change in the near future.
A simple and obvious idea to help with the feral that no one has mentioned, and I just thought of now.

They should've went and got the MMA fighter lady to come with them. Like others have said, none of the main characters, besides Andrew, are good at fighting. A human being your best fighter probably isn't a good idea when you're trying to fight a supercharged feral. If his flamethrower had ran out of gas or didn't work they would've been eaten. The MMA lady would've been the teams best fighter by a solid margin.
From what I can tell, Eloise would demand a rather high price for her help. And what I've readed between the lines from Eloise and Sharons interactions, I doubt it would happens. I ron't think Sharon would go to Eloise for help and also I doubt that Eloise would help her at all. Sharon would be to proud I guess and Eloise would only do it, if it also benefit herself.
Also would you like to show some older aristocratic vampire your ability? I don't think that Eloise alone would be a match against this feral. And I wouldn't show my ability to Eloise and neither to Astrid.
So for outside help, I only see the MCs sirens or her cohort or Marcus. For all others the price you need to pay is too much. I even doubt Marcus would do it for free.

Last edited:

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Ok played the episode here are my thought on it

as i read through the thread
People are complaining about the fight: Remember this is the same day as when they got the news. That something was happening in the old hospital. So they couldn't really prepare for the fight. Like you prepare for a war.

The fight itself
It was ok. But the fight itself should have contained more scenes like to the build up. Maybe the feral Nos fucking up the police officers. And as expected Sharon only had eyes for her Andrew. basically what other people said she is more of a tactician then a fighter. Laurie my hero I would have never thought of her coming to my rescue. for that she deserves to be more then a thrall
and fucking Merrick little shit weasel that he is running away like that.

other things that i noticed
feral Nos saying: good blood, Means she is also pretty old and that she has killed some people of Mc clan or maybe even elders

Thats its i play trough it again the episode wasn't weak but it was a decent episode

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
Look dude, this is a VN, there has to be a story and a good one at it. We got to know all the main participants well so far and none of them is an idiot.
The fight was going to happen.
There were numerous ways to make them not look like headless chickens, drag the fight sequence as long as it takes but make it more exciting and thought out than it was.
I was just throwing out some ideas on how it could have gone. "The Game of Thrones fiasco" was the clearest reference about not planning for this fight at all, nothing more to it.
As I see it, the problem with the Game of Thrones analogy is this -
The "fiasco" was created by some combination of factors, including time and budget, but mostly the fact that two people who are not only not the original writers of the over-all plot became tasked with a role they should never have had, and never asked for. Not only were they not a creative writer of the class of Martin, but they are not writers at all. They adapted a novel to screen, which is an entirely different skill than constructing a narrative.
Even if you are correct in your assessment here, which is a subjective perspective and not a statement of fact, the comparison would be less hyperbolic and more accurate to something like "The Star Wars prequels", because whether you like it or not, this is done by the original creator of the universe and narrative. Regardless of how I, or possibly even a majority of people may have felt about the length of that pod-race, or midiclorians, plenty of people love it. Ultimately, the ONLY thing that matters is; It was George Lucas' story to tell, not yours or mine.
Of course you are welcome, to share any perspective you may have. Just don't loose site of the fact that your perspective is not the same as everyone's.

-L-L-MJ-

Feb 5, 2020

Jay4201

Dec 22, 2019
user; Spadeace1645 was also using an Android version? not sure if that person got the saves working and where the port was from? I don't play on android but maybe it helps..
I tried from that site even played episode one over got to episode 2 it's just pops up a error screen on episode two. The one post in this thread says I have no save file

• Sad
Reactions: -L-L-MJ-

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
user; @Spadeace1645 was also using an Android version? not sure if that person got the saves working and where the port was from? I don't play on android but maybe it helps..
I tried from that site even played episode one over got to episode 2 it's just pops up a error screen on episode two. The one post in this thread says I have no save file
If they are using the same android port i am which comes from patreon and which is also The66's port. Those ports aren't going to work with the saves.

xDEEPx

Oct 7, 2017
The MC is a newborn vampire, even if his blood line is really strong the feral one was a powerful vampire and probably older than all of them together.
Besides I think is better that way, playing as a Gary Stu since the beginning isn't that fun.
This is a justifiable reason.. he is technically strong with the nails but yes he has no idea how to use his other supernatural physical feats.
thanks for giving me reason..I agree. also I cant wait for it to get deeper in the story mc gonna be dopeeee.:cool:

Reactions: Repuci

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
On all the comments about using more powers it needs to be understood that powers may not be available. If with only the claws variation the fight was this short imagine if he also included a variation on invisibility. There are only so many alternatives that dev can do without a simple fight requiring 3 months developings.

Besides, he did use his claws if you have them and they save the day, without claws, I think she escapes instead of getting turned to ashes, although the idea is that the sun might finish the job.

And I am confident secret whispers would be useless.

Overall, I think he did quite well in the fight for being his first one. He is young, naive and sometimes borderline childish. But he saved Andrew's ass and kept the bitch entertained so they could kill her. Overall, it was good!
Like I said I think he should be fucked up in the end but they should have atleast tried to use the MC abilities in the fight, yes marrick is better at being a "ninja" but he sucks as a fighter BUT the MC does not suck as a fighter if he has his claws so he would be more useful.

Just to make this perfectly clear I do not expect or want the MC to beat a very old and powerful vampire just that they should have tried to utilize the MC better and come up with some kinda plan even if it sucked.

Last edited:
Reactions: bosp and Paapi
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes