4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
2- Given 1 above, Calisto is not a visible mover or shaker in the Princep's court. (VISIBLE) And yet, she was able to have an Ancilla (Sharon) declared as an Archon with her own fiefdom to play in while educating her childe. So clearly she as Heiria (whatever that may be) and the leader/owner of an extremely important Elysium (place for vampires to come and gather in complete safety from plots and assassination (in theory) (The Temple) has tremendous power in the city.... but Marcius who is an Elder and Archon, and Sharon, an Ancilla and social gal, do not know of her. Further, Markus who leads the Nos of Marcius' court, an Elder also, does not know who the MC's sire, or clan, or powers really are. Cindy and Fabian both walked around in court on the night that the Quaestar (spelling??) who is apparently very closely tied to the actual ruling court of the city. Fabian even accompanies the Q guy.
Yet, the major thing ist, and of course my paranoid brain like this, are they saying what they know or are they hiding (some) truth?:whistle:

Assuming Calisto is a very old vampire with around the an age of one millennial or two. So in comparison Fabian is very young, yet he is also a very old vampire in comparsion to rest. We don't know how old Fabian actually is, but it is certained that he have a few centuries on his belt.
Also we have neither seen the Markus or Marcius near in her temple. So, perhaps the only one that knows a little bit more around the Archon is the one disgusting looking elder. If Calisto would make it clear that they shouldn't borther her, then perhaps the have either learn it or have newflund death again.

The more intresting question about Calisto would be, in my eyes, who were the vampires that had enjoyed themself in her temple? I doubt that the Archon or even the Prince has very much a clue about Calisto and her cohort.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Yet, the major thing ist, and of course my paranoid brain like this, are they saying what they know or are they hiding (some) truth?:whistle:

Assuming Calisto is a very old vampire with around the an age of one millennial or two. So in comparison Fabian is very young, yet he is also a very old vampire in comparsion to rest. We don't know how old Fabian actually is, but it is certained that he have a few centuries on his belt.
Also we have neither seen the Markus or Marcius near in her temple. So, perhaps the only one that knows a little bit more around the Archon is the one disgusting looking elder. If Calisto would make it clear that they shouldn't borther her, then perhaps the have either learn it or have newflund death again.

The more intresting question about Calisto would be, in my eyes, who were the vampires that had enjoyed themself in her temple? I doubt that the Archon or even the Prince has very much a clue about Calisto and her cohort.
Note the bold in your quote. The Princeps must know Calisto, as he or she and her inner council awarded Sharon (non elder) a rank usually reserved for elders, and at Calisto's wish. This is a big deal.
Yes, who were the vampires which were Elders for sure based on how Calisto talked about them? They are rivals and or enemies of each other. Calisto was hosting their meeting.

Almost for sure, Calisto is a big deal on a grander stage than the City, where ever that is.
Vision Girl Melissa Clone is almost certainly the buried Ancient that Crazy Frank talked about. What is her attraction to the MC and Crazy Frank? Is she related to Calisto? I think a lot of us assume that, but maybe not. There is potentially so many layers of intrigue going on here, that we will only know when LikesBlondes finishes the story... but I will continue to speculate.

Reactions: MataHariX and c3p0

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I could actually resist Vision Girl Melissa Clone much easier than the right side of the pic I shared.
This is absolute madness.

Given that Calisto said "you can call me Calisto" we can assume that is not her real name. But if she was truly unknown throughout history why would she need to hide her true name from her child that might not even survive a few more months in her eyes? So that has supported my assumption that Calisto is actually a well known member of vampire society that is probably thought to be dead or went into hiding a few centuries ago. I support more the former than the latter, as that would explain why she was walking around the first party without fear of being discovered: people would never recognize Calisto, whose real name is (for the sake of the argument) Artemis (picked it out of my head), a very old and powerful vampire that mysteriously died in some vamp history defining event.

Again, it can only be Calisto thinks telling us her true name is too much of a privilege for someone as young as us, but that would be an attitude of a stuck up bitch and does it not the feeling she gave me. She didn't demand anything from MC, respect or obedience, only giving us an order when MC kept closing his fist, which resembles more the desire for him to relax than for him to obey her.

As always, we know too little, but with the info we have, my guess is Calisto's real name is a big deal.

Note the bold in your quote. The Princeps must know Calisto, as he or she and her inner council awarded Sharon (non elder) a rank usually reserved for elders, and at Calisto's wish.
Not necessarily. Calisto might know someone that can control the elders. They may have no idea who is that is puling the strings. Although that train of thought lead us to who could control the The Princeps.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

Given that Calisto said "you can call me Calisto" we can assume that is not her real name. But if she was truly unknown throughout history why would she need to hide her true name from her child that might not even survive a few more months in her eyes?
Maybe because he can't keep his damn trap shut half the time? :p

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

Given that Calisto said "you can call me Calisto" we can assume that is not her real name. But if she was truly unknown throughout history why would she need to hide her true name from her child that might not even survive a few more months in her eyes? So that has supported my assumption that Calisto is actually a well known member of vampire society that is probably thought to be dead or went into hiding a few centuries ago. I support more the former than the latter, as that would explain why she was walking around the first party without fear of being discovered: people would never recognize Calisto, whose real name is (for the sake of the argument) Artemis (picked it out of my head), a very old and powerful vampire that mysteriously died in some vamp history defining event.

Again, it can only be Calisto thinks telling us her true name is too much of a privilege for someone as young as us, but that would be an attitude of a stuck up bitch and does it not the feeling she gave me. She didn't demand anything from MC, respect or obedience, only giving her an order when MC kept closing his fist, which resembles more the desire for him to relax than for him to obey her.

As always, we know too little, but with the info we have, my guess is Calisto's real name is a big deal.

Not necessarily. Calisto might know someone that can control the elders. They may have no idea who is that is puling the strings. Although that train of thought lead us to who could control the The Princeps.
I agree Calisto is not her real name. Or it might have been her name at some point in time, but is not the name people know her as. As a for instance Mithra the former Prince of London in VtM was Menelaus from ancient times, but Mithra was also an ancient name. What was his true name? Who knows. There is a basis in the folks who actually are occult experts that names carry power. For sure Calisto would not be cavalier with her true name with a childe, even if she liked the childe, that she sired on a whim, and was only keeping up with to see what chaos he could cause with being a brand new vamp with elder powers.

She could well be Artemis or some other Goddess of the Greek pantheon. Calisto was a muse I think. I think your choice of name was as good as any given her mention of the Greek Gods.
You know, this, along with Heavy Five are my favorite AVN. I am Patreon on both. I am going to be Patreon on Drifty's Leap of Faith or buy it when finished. I own BaDIK and several others that were offered on steam. The theory crafting that we have going on here is pretty insanely fun. I wish more were like this.
Peace.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
You know, this, along with Heavy Five are my favorite AVN. I am Patreon on both. I am going to be Patreon on Drifty's Leap of Faith or buy it when finished. I own BaDIK and several others that were offered on steam. Peace.
Heavy Five is in my list of things to play. I did not buy Acting Lessons on Steam, but I did subscribe for 10 dollars for 3 months after reading it, which amounts to more than the price on Steam. I do have other things I want to buy on Steam WHEN they are finished. I will not buy anything until they are done.

Were I rich I would support all of them.

The theory crafting that we have going on here is pretty insanely fun. I wish more were like this.
If you think about it this thread is quite special. Pretty much all other threads are constantly revolving around some fight between users than needs to be controlled. This one is by far the most friendly of the threads I have been following.

And in fact, we have been extremely laxed not mentioning VTM lately. Like, we have been using the names and concepts without control lately and no mod has come to bite us in the ass. I feel a disturbance in the force.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
And in fact, we have been extremely laxed not mentioning VTM lately. Like, we have been using the names and concepts without control lately and no mod has come to bite us in the ass. I feel a disturbance in the force.
You know the saying of self-fulfilling prophecy?

Other than that I must agree with you. This thread is one of the most friendly one, although the others that I visit continuously aren't that bad either. Although more of the usual "update, when?" question.

I don't buy one steam. Don't like DMC and therefore prefer GOG. Also support a few creators through the usual channels.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
So i was replaying update 6 again and i noticed something

When Calisto talks about Sharon she say's this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That got me thinking (i know i shouldn't think it's dangerous)
I think Sharon isn't telling the whole truth about Andrew's kid
Probably Calisto heard some rumors about what she did, She said what is in the spoilers. it Has to have some meaning with the relationship she had with Andrew's kid. i think she turned Andrew's kid, So the kid's MS would basicly dissapear, Archon found out she turned the kid without his knowledge basicly kidnapped kid to live under his tutelage Banned Sharon from ever coming to his domain. Leaving Sharon clueless about the kids location, Told Andrew what happend He asked sharon to thrall him so he could live as long as his daughter so they could reunite at some point.

but basically some theory crafting
If you have good counters to this theory i would like to hear them

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So i was replaying update 6 again and i noticed something

When Calisto talks about Sharon she say's this
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That got me thinking (i know i shouldn't think it's dangerous)
I think Sharon isn't telling the whole truth about Andrew's kid
Probably Calisto heard some rumors about what she did, She said what is in the spoilers. it Has to have some meaning with the relationship she had with Andrew's kid. i think she turned Andrew's kid, So the kid's MS would basicly dissapear, Archon found out she turned the kid without his knowledge basicly kidnapped kid to live under his tutelage Banned Sharon from ever coming to his domain. Leaving Sharon clueless about the kids location, Told Andrew what happend He asked sharon to thrall him so he could live as long as his daughter so they could reunite at some point.

but basically some theory crafting
If you have good counters to this theory i would like to hear them
It is possible, i just don't see why hide it. She said she was only giving her blood to keer her healthy. But if she ended up turning the child, why hide it? That is what I fail to see. Soecially if they want to find the kid, you would want MC to know he could meet another vamp that could be Andrew's.

Still, that assumes there is not "problem" turning children (not sure how old Andrew's kid was when she was turned). I imagine an immortal, never aging child would be a huge violation to the masquerade. But still, why not tell that part to MC? He will not care about that, right?

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Still, that assumes there is not "problem" turning children (not sure how old Andrew's kid was when she was turned). I imagine an immortal, never aging child would be a huge violation to the masquerade. But still, why not tell that part to MC? He will not care about that, right?
Child + Vampire =
1611180810853.png
At least in my mind. And I have nothing against her.

Also I depend on how old Andrews child was. If she could pass as an adult and could look after herself, then I don't see any problem at all. If she is too young then well, it would be a little difficulty.

Wherupon isn't it a grave crime to turn a human into a vampire without the consent of the local Archon?
Even more if by the time I assume Sharon was a Fledling herself. And we all know that Sharon don't hide anything, no, it is only not the right time to talk about - I temped to make a meme image for here:ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: Repuci and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Child + Vampire =
View attachment 995029
At least in my mind. And I have nothing against her.

Also I depend on how old Andrews child was. If she could pass as an adult and could look after herself, then I don't see any problem at all. If she is too young then well, it would be a little difficulty.
Ohh yes I loved Mina. Amazing girl. I would love a character like her. Pity there was no season 2. I read the first part of the manga, it was quite good but it leaves soo much untold. Not sure if the story followed.

I temped to make a meme image for here:ROFLMAO:
Quoting the grand protector of the galaxy, our most beloved emperor Palpatine: do it

Reactions: c3p0 and Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sharon is a bleeding heart. She is kind for a vampire, hell, kind for a human. She was the kid's nanny. How long was she giving her the blood? We do not know. If it was long enough, without full on thralling her, which she says she didn't do, that would violate any concept of hiding things of supernatural nature. Life expectancy with MS back in the 60s was pretty short.

Unsanctioned turning or embracing is typically a no no for hiding the supernatural, and over crowding can threaten the food supply. I am guessing Sharon being the kind person she is, may have thought about doing it, but did she do it?? I do not have a strong enough gut reaction to put money on it, but I would say maybe. And then keeping her with her and hiding her until she was strong enough to strike out on her own. Somehow the sourthern Archon found out, and either destroyed the kid, or took the kid as his thrall, to use and abuse, and banished Sharon. My gut tells me that somehow the daughter will show up, either as a horrifically mistreated thrall, thus causing rage for Andrew and regret and maybe some rage in Sharon. Or she will show up and a thralled vampire, with pretty much the same reaction.

This commentary, and Calisto's comment makes me think that one reason Marcius hates Sharon or craves her is that she has made a lot of friends with her being a genuinely decent person. Having Shreknet oops the Nos network and all their intel helping her out will definitely help her in being an Archon.

What is the thing that the MC was supposed to know that Sharon did to earn Marcius' hatred or desire to own her? That will be an interesting tid bit.

Vampire stories are intrinsically tragic. At least that is the theory, though most folks I have table top played with or discussed a couple of cool vampyr/VtM games with all seem very happy to be vampires lol. There is the real possibility that we are being set up to have to destroy Sharon. Note what Calisto said. Note that at least 2 archons want her dead. Note Astrid wants her out of the way. There is a lot of hate towards our girl. We may be put in a position to destroy or save her. Now personally, If Calisto tells me it needs to be done, I will have Sharon on a bagel. If Vision Girl tells me to, I will try to resist. If anyone else says to do it I will tell them to fuck off and then start with my claws and whispers, going invisible to pop out some claws from the shadows and in general making a bloody mess of everyone But Sharon. (targeting Marcius and Astrid first) If Fabian or Cindy convey that Calisto wants it, that will be my problem.
Thoughts?

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
all seem very happy to be vampires
To be fair, in current human society, at least since a few decades ago, vampires have been romanticized. Not only they are not disgusting anymore but complex monster, able to exceed a human in any way (not just physical) but the appeal of an immortal life has been with humans since we can think of.. so why wouldn't they want to be one? I would if I wasn't already a chocolate one.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

Given that Calisto said "you can call me Calisto" we can assume that is not her real name. But if she was truly unknown throughout history why would she need to hide her true name from her child that might not even survive a few more months in her eyes? So that has supported my assumption that Calisto is actually a well known *and or feared member of vampire society that is probably thought to be dead or went into hiding a few centuries ago. I support more the former than the latter, as that would explain why she was walking around the first party without fear of being discovered: people would never recognize Calisto, whose real name is (for the sake of the argument) Artemis (picked it out of my head), a very old and powerful vampire that mysteriously died in some vamp history defining event.

Again, it can only be Calisto thinks telling us her true name is too much of a privilege for someone as young as us, but that would be an attitude of a stuck up bitch and does it not the feeling she gave me. She didn't demand anything from MC, respect or obedience, only giving us an order when MC kept closing his fist, which resembles more the desire for him to relax than for him to obey her.
*Had to add that in there. I also agree your theory.

Yep, I wouldn't even be completely shocked if if turned out that the fatty elder who introduced himself at Marcius's place doesn't know Calisto. If not the Princeps themselves then she definitely has someone or group of individuals who can influence them to point where she can get a young newbie like Sharon, Archon status.

Reactions: Arigon

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
It is possible, i just don't see why hide it. She said she was only giving her blood to keer her healthy. But if she ended up turning the child, why hide it? That is what I fail to see. Soecially if they want to find the kid, you would want MC to know he could meet another vamp that could be Andrew's.

She say's she is an open book but i think she is only telling us stuff that she wants us to know.(She tried to hide the stuff about Astrid we only found out because of MC's vision) About not telling the MC about turning Andrew's kid, what my opinion on it is. It's a stain on her soul the only thing she did wrong in her undead life so far. It cost her place in her Archon's city part
Yes turning kids is allowed but it's frowned upon. like you said it could lead to a huge violation of the masquerade if the kid starts talking. But that still leaves Andrew. Why in the world would he turn himself in to a thrall I know he said ( If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by) still doesn't make sense imo

Reactions: Arigon

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Why in the world would he turn himself in to a thrall I know he said ( If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by) still doesn't make sense imo
Andrew isn't young. It's become a thrall (or a vampire, though I doubt he wanted to) in order to live long enough to exact retribution and revenge. Doing/becoming neither will not afford him the time, never mind the protection that comes from being a thrall.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Andrew isn't young. It's become a thrall (or a vampire, though I doubt he wanted to) in order to live long enough to exact retribution and revenge. Doing/becoming neither will not afford him the time, never mind the protection that comes from being a thrall.
There are advantages to being a thrall. Fairly serious ones. The whole basic immortality without frying in the sun is a big one, though some thralls may develop a reaction to the sun. Enhanced physical capabilities. Time to train and focus your anger... not unlike a Sith Lord... Andrew has the right of it. I suspect that Sharon is going to have to embrace him to save his life at some point or perhaps lose him. That would be serious trauma for both of them as she is a good girl basically. Losing Andrew would devastate her, and likely compromise her ability to function.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
IF we are given the option to commit diablerie on our sire, due to her ennui and or other situations, would you do it? Would you slurp her down and then consume her soul? Destroying any chance at an afterlife except as a ghost in your head?

I will. On my way to snack down Vision Girl.. Fabian too... probably most efficient way to do it is Fabian, may not gain a generation, but certainly would gain blood sorcery, then Calisto, and then Vision Girl..... of course we would be on the Red List or it's equivalent, but really who would care at that point? We could handle most issues thrown at us.

-Hex-

Purging Heresy
Donor
Compressor
Sep 18, 2017
IF we are given the option to commit diablerie on our sire, due to her ennui and or other situations, would you do it? Would you slurp her down and then consume her soul? Destroying any chance at an afterlife except as a ghost in your head?

I will. On my way to snack down Vision Girl.. Fabian too... probably most efficient way to do it is Fabian, may not gain a generation, but certainly would gain blood sorcery, then Calisto, and then Vision Girl..... of course we would be on the Red List or it's equivalent, but really who would care at that point? We could handle most issues thrown at us.
Depends if she turns out to be a piece of shit or not
I'd diablerize the Archon or the blond cunt (don't remember her name :LOL:) without even thinking about it, as for other people it'd really depends how i feel about them

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes