4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
I think you go quite too low.
Calisto acts more like a Gen 5-6. But it seems that she was most of the time awake. So she is quite a Power.
Fabian as a Treme can´t be Lower then Gen 7, if they take the Original History of the Clans. They are no childs of Cain, but a Bunch of Mages that seek Immortality through the Vampiric Blood and they keep a Spark of her Magic. Mostly Rituals but quite Powerful. The Founder Tremere is Gen 6.
And Gen 7 is quite a really strong Vampire. Just Rember the curve is not Lineal. Most of the Vamps are Gen 12+.
The Founder of the Clans are Gen 4-6. As far as I remeber it was Cain- 3 unnamed but dead Spawns - a not exact Numer of Childs - Founder of the old Clans (Ventrue, Toreador, Gangrel...) - Methusala + Founder of lesser Clans (Exp: Ravnos, Lamia etc) - here are the current Eldest Vamps, all others are sleeping.
I disagree with her being just 5 or 6. Mainly because of the hiereia thing, which is linked to a Mycenaean god. Considering the Mycenan time to be between 1600 and 1100 B.C and there's lore that there was an Artemis Orthia, which is a 4th gen in Ancient Greece, sired by the Ventrue Antediluvian. And it just seems to fit her behavior (being a Ventrue, that is).

FFTW

Jun 7, 2017
Just finished the game's update. Boy was that short lol. and Laurie was so dumb letting her out without any chains even.

hello guys, where to find all these lore about this game? thx
you don't, because that lore isn't game lore. It is Vampire The Masquerade lore. most people here discuss things in the game as if it was a VTM game, despite the fact that there exist a number of clear differences between its lore so far and VTM's. Not to say that there are no similarities, but the similarities are basically like how most WRPGs have Dungeons and Dragons similarities due to it heavily inspiring the WRPG genre. That doesn't mean D&D rules apply to said RPGs though. Same here.

Last edited:

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
Just update the game. Boy was that short lol. and Laurie was so dumb letting her out without any chains even.

you don't, because that lore isn't game lore. It is Vampire The Masquerade lore. most people here discuss things in the game as if it was a VTM game, despite the fact that there exist a number of clear differences between its lore so far and VTM's. Not to say that there are no similarities, but the similarities are basically like how most WRPGs have Dungeons and Dragons similarities due to it heavily inspiring the WRPG genre. That doesn't mean D&D rules apply to said RPGs though. Same here.
I'm not so sure. From what I gathered so far it seems that there's a lot more similarities with VTM lore than differences.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
We'll see what happens. We know only so much. Some recapitulation of what we do know (and personal opinions) so that we don't mistake it for simply assumptions we were making.

*Artemis/Lilith is clearly an old powerful babe. What is her true rank is unknown but she is clearly powerful enough to affect what are probably not direct descendant of her.
*Calisto is clearly another old powerful babe. Assumption most of us make is that gen(Artemis)<gen(Calisto), but we truly do not know. There are hints that she was known in vampire society. The way she spoke to MC and the way Fabian said to MC "I would keep it quiet, some elders would love to drain you otherwise" when talking about who MC's sire is, meaning if they knew who created him, they would know he is powerful automatically.
*Sharon is young and naive. I gave her the nickname of "babysitter" not just because of her position babysitting MC but because she is quite young in vamp terms. So "teen babysitter" totally fits her role. She has also made a strong effort of keeping her human side meaning she is more innocent than most here. I know people are fed up with her, me too, but give her the benefit of doubt, she is still helping MC and while she keeps dismissing things MC says, she does listen to him "are we going to be co-rulers?" "Officially there is only one archon" "And unofficially?" "unofficially, anything can happen".
*Carmen poor girl is really out of her luck. Not much to say about her. But given the last update I would not be surprise if in the meeting with whoever told them about the vampires (astrid or someone else), she gets badly hurt and the one way to save her would be to turn her.
*Laurie is doing quite good! She is useful, loyal and provides some of the best moments with her comments. I still would not want her as my first girl, but she is an awesome babe to have at your side. A perfect example that you can be an "obviously in love childhood friend" and not be boring, fearful and pathetic. Those example are very few.

Last edited:

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
We'll see what happens. We know only so much. Some recapitulation of what we do know (and personal opinions) so that we don't mistake it for simply assumptions we were making.

*Artemis/Lilith is clearly an old powerful babe. What is her true rank is unknown but she is clearly powerful enough to affect what are probably not direct descendant of her.
*Calisto is clearly another old powerful babe. Assumption most of us make is that gen(Artemis)<gen(Calisto), but we truly do not know. There are hints that she was known in vampire society. The way she spoke to MC and the way Fabian said to MC "I would keep it quiet, some elders would love to drain you otherwise" when talking about who MC's sire is, meaning if they knew who created him, they would know he is powerful automatically.
*Sharon is young and naive. I gave her the nickname of "babysitter" not just because of her position babysitting MC but because she is quite young in vamp terms. So "teen babysitter" totally fits her role. She has also made a strong effort of keeping her human side meaning she is more innocent than most here. I know people are fed up with her, me too, but give her the benefit of doubt, she is still helping MC and while she keeps dismissing things MC says, she does listen to him "are we going to be co-rulers?" "Officially there is only one archon?" "And unofficially?" "unofficially, anything can happen".
*Carmen poor girl is really out of her luck. Not much to say about her. But given the last update I would not be surprise if in the meeting with whoever told them about the vampires (astrid or someone else), she gets badly hurt and the one way to save her would be to turn her.
*Laurie is doing quite good! She is useful, loyal and provides some of the best moments with her comments. I still would not want her as my first girl, but she is an awesome babe to have at your side. A total example that you can be a "obviously in love childhood friend" and not be boring, fearful and pathetic. Those example are very few.
About the "I would keep it quiet, some elders would love to drain you otherwise": I don't think it is at the point that they know he would be powerful. It would be about his lineage (he could throw his sire's weight around) but I believe it would mostly be because of his disciplines/powers. Since there was already mention of diablerie (when... Markus? The huge nos first appeared). And if there's diablerie, maybe the other part of VTM lore is also true, which is that it is a way to gain not only new disciplines, but also increase the range of possibilities for all your disciplines, since you would, technically, "steal" the gen of those you... diablerie-it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Great game. I have only one question. Where Carmen pee and shit? Is there a toilet in the basement? And who open the cage for her? Merrick?
Now we know why Laurie has taken her out of the cage. She doesn't want to do the cleaning duty. Thus I wouldn't blame her for the act. :D

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
About the "I would keep it quiet, some elders would love to drain you otherwise": I don't think it is at the point that they know he would be powerful. It would be about his lineage (he could throw his sire's weight around) but I believe it would mostly be because of his disciplines/powers. Since there was already mention of diablerie (when... Markus? The huge nos first appeared). And if there's diablerie, maybe the other part of VTM lore is also true, which is that it is a way to gain not only new disciplines, but also increase the range of possibilities for all your disciplines, since you would, technically, "steal" the gen of those you... diablerie-it.
I don't see how your comment goes against what I said. Aren't we saying the same thing? Eating MC's up would only benefit an elder if MC's blood is strong enough, aka low generation. If he was from a powerful lineage but his blood was very thin, that would not benefit the elder.

So unless I am missing something, your idea and my idea have the same underlying assumption? or what did I misunderstand?

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
I don't see how your comment goes against what I said. Aren't we saying the same thing? Eating MC's up would only benefit an elder if MC's blood is strong enough, aka low generation. If he was from a powerful lineage but his blood was very thin, that would not benefit the elder.

So unless I am missing something, your idea and my idea have the same underlying assumption? or what did I misunderstand?
oh, sorry man. Now that I read your comment again I understood that this is what you implied. I took it at the face value (they know he is powerful -> so they'd need to kill MC to not be threatened) and misunderstood.
Yeah, it's the same thing

Reactions: Ayhsel

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Ok,
Just to be clear. These vamps ARE based around the CONCEPTS of the WoD VtM Pre 5th edition vampires.
Disciplines, Clans, Thrall/Blood Bond/ Sire Childe even the word Kindred and Kine used.
Werewolf seen- no. Inferred -possibly in an attack on Sharon, who barely survived mainly due to fortitude, and our MC elder blood.
Carmen, not Laurie is bound for becoming a vamp I think. She already is getting feelings for the MC without Blood involved.
Sharon is playing out exactly as she should be. We can not judge this by a teen game like BaDIK or WVM. Vampires are for the most part inhuman. They have super powers. They feed on humans. There are very very few (Sharon being one, and MC being another) who treat their human thralls (BLOOD SLAVES) as more than just chattel.

There will be a reversal coming in the roles of Sharon and the MC. There has to be, based on power levels. The only way it doesn't happen is if they are careless and thrall each other. Calisto will be pissed if that happens, so will Artemis, and Sharon would be toast to break that bond. SOOO for Sharon's sake let's keep it at friends with benefits, vampire style.

I think Calisto may believe she is acting on her own, but her goddess Artemis obviously is providing Delphic visions to her boy the MC. Probably Calisto embraced him with a nudge from Artemis-note the greek god comment she makes. I am becoming more convinced than ever that the really ancient vampires will turn out (as in WoD) to be members of pantheons of gods and goddesses. Greek in this case.

The last update was very short considering it was a double time wait, but I think we are hitting a very critical story point, when Sharon gets invested, and the MC shows up at the Princep's court. It will be very telling if the Prince doesn't know who the MC is, and or his mommy.

More later!
Peace.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Ok,
Just to be clear. These vamps ARE based around the CONCEPTS of the WoD VtM Pre 5th edition vampires.
Disciplines, Clans, Thrall/Blood Bond/ Sire Childe even the word Kindred and Kine used.
Werewolf seen- no. Inferred -possibly in an attack on Sharon, who barely survived mainly due to fortitude, and our MC elder blood.
Carmen, not Laurie is bound for becoming a vamp I think. She already is getting feelings for the MC without Blood involved.
Sharon is playing out exactly as she should be. We can not judge this by a teen game like BaDIK or WVM. Vampires are for the most part inhuman. They have super powers. They feed on humans. There are very very few (Sharon being one, and MC being another) who treat their human thralls (BLOOD SLAVES) as more than just chattel.

There will be a reversal coming in the roles of Sharon and the MC. There has to be, based on power levels. The only way it doesn't happen is if they are careless and thrall each other. Calisto will be pissed if that happens, so will Artemis, and Sharon would be toast to break that bond. SOOO for Sharon's sake let's keep it at friends with benefits, vampire style.

I think Calisto may believe she is acting on her own, but her goddess Artemis obviously is providing Delphic visions to her boy the MC. Probably Calisto embraced him with a nudge from Artemis-note the greek god comment she makes. I am becoming more convinced than ever that the really ancient vampires will turn out (as in WoD) to be members of pantheons of gods and goddesses. Greek in this case.

The last update was very short considering it was a double time wait, but I think we are hitting a very critical story point, when Sharon gets invested, and the MC shows up at the Princep's court. It will be very telling if the Prince doesn't know who the MC is, and or his mommy.

More later!
Peace.
Well if Calisto is so powerful she can make the prince dance to her pipes through her underlings, without the prince knowing even who she is. If her underlings are that powerful that would say even more about Calisto herself.

Me I thought Sharon was kinda cute and even caring, wanting to make Calisto tell MC all just to make MC feel better even if she is in so far over her head and as Andrew said has a blind spot with Astrid. Likely some old care or not being able to believe she could have cared for someone that bad, still she does let MC go ahead with his plans after he is backed by Andrew and it is clear she cares about MC. Looks like Sharon is in for a few rude awakenings, but can find a new rock in MC if she is wise enough to look for him.

Last edited:

alyath

May 31, 2020
Hmm one thing is slipped through.
"All begin at least one step bound to their , " So the MC has a Blood bound to Callisto. It is the weakest one but there is one. I am not sure if it is playing a Role in future updates. But it can cause Problems/benefits.
Another one is that by V20 all Treme are Bloodbound by +1 Level. So the MC can´t be from Tremere blood. But Fabian is clearly a Tremere, or something similar like Salubri Mage, Tzimisce Sorcerer etc. But looking to the Main Disciplines of the Salubri: The MC could be of their Bloodline, and this is why Fabian (as Tremere) called him Brother. they have Auspex, Dominate, Fortitude, Obeah, Valeran and Obfuscate. Depends on which Age the Sire is from, but in their Blood it can be that all Disciplines are anchored.
And again I see no real proof for Celerity, a Elder blood can spend so much Blood (even unnoticed) to enhance his Dexterity that this can be the explanation while he rushes so fast through the Forest.
And I don´t see a Proof for Auspex, their are hints but no real proof.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Definitely agree
Artemis is probably a 4th gen methuselah or gawd forbid a clan founder 3rd gen. Calisto has mythological ties to Artemis and is her high priestess and likely childe so 5th or gawd forbid 4th. That makes our boy 6th or gawd forbid 5th.
I think I am going to go with the clan founders being Greek Gods mythologically speaking, as well as other Gods. So Artemis which was a greater goddess is gawd forbid a founder of a super god like hunters. (not wolf boy gangrels.... something more)

Caine->Some un-named 2nd gen(pick a greek titan's name, and or Zeus)->Artemis (Vision Girl)->Calisto->MC
Cain->Some un-named 2nd gen (titan, probably the same as above, and or Zeus)->Apollo->Hecate(mage/witch)->Fabian This would make Fabian 5th generation and a literal cousin by vampiric blood.
Gonna go with the above genealogy for now.
That got me thinking about Calisto, And it makes more sense now that she is the high priestess of Artemis.
At the end of the episode we got a vision of Sharon sitting on a Stone throne. What if Calisto can do the same like Artemis show herself in vision. It would make a lot more sense that Calisto is a direct childe of Artemis.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes