4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

mistwolf_2k

May 18, 2020
Could mean the 90's VTM TV series, only went for one season, wasn't bad but people that didn't know the source disliked it, 0 sparkles lol
Huh, I didn't even know that existed. I was out of country for most of that decade so I must have missed a lot lol.

alyath

May 31, 2020
don't you mean movie?
It was a short Serie of ca 10 Episodes. And yes I liked it too. But I think it will desilusionate me if I look it again. If I remember it right it had cheap Special Effects. Nothing more then glowing Eyes and Plastic Teeth.
But maybe Netflix give it a rework, it seems like reworking old series is totaly in at the moment.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hmm one thing is slipped through.
"All begin at least one step bound to their , " So the MC has a Blood bound to Callisto. It is the weakest one but there is one. I am not sure if it is playing a Role in future updates. But it can cause Problems/benefits.
Another one is that by V20 all Treme are Bloodbound by +1 Level. So the MC can´t be from Tremere blood. But Fabian is clearly a Tremere, or something similar like Salubri Mage, Tzimisce Sorcerer etc. But looking to the Main Disciplines of the Salubri: The MC could be of their Bloodline, and this is why Fabian (as Tremere) called him Brother. they have Auspex, Dominate, Fortitude, Obeah, Valeran and Obfuscate. Depends on which Age the Sire is from, but in their Blood it can be that all Disciplines are anchored.
And again I see no real proof for Celerity, a Elder blood can spend so much Blood (even unnoticed) to enhance his Dexterity that this can be the explanation while he rushes so fast through the Forest.
And I don´t see a Proof for Auspex, their are hints but no real proof.
Not going to discuss most of the above, but will hit some high points-
Yes MC is 1 step in on thralldom aka Blood Bound to Calisto. She states to him to have some blood dolls ready for her visit out to continue what they started. Lots of folks are hoping the blood dolls are for the MC to have sex with her. Sex really isn't that hard for the vampire, just has to have blood, and direct it the right place, but it does not come close to the satisfaction and pleasure of the sharing of blood. Folks do not want to believe that because we have adult novels here, and this is an adult novel, there has been some sex with the female cop. Laurie might get some, and Carmen might get some. Sharon, not sure. Calisto is not interested in sex. She wants to complete her blood bond on her childe. The blood doll reference is a courtesy of providing hospitality for a visiting kindred aka noble. So she likely wants to come out, get at least one step closer to a blood bond and see what havoc she can incite her kiddo to do.

Bloodlines/clan lines. I think that Artemis and an as yet unrevealed ancient Apollo are the connection for Fabian and the MC as the two super ancients could be from the same progenitor. Apollo is also associated with Hecate-magic titan goddess kid of his so it could fit.

As to the disciplines our MC definitely has:
Obfuscate- what level? who knows
Super Claws-more than Protean grants as Markus states that the Gangrel aka wolfboys have to actually do some damage to cause the agony that our boy does with a scratch.
Silent Whispers- which is a kind of mind reading combined with mind control that does not require eye contact that dominate requires of most users, and presence is not as precise as the whispers are. Additionally the whispers have a lasting effect. The poor cop Mirri is besotted with our MC to the point she forgets about safety of her kids and has the MC over for eggs and sex.

Boosted attributes accounts for abilities, but all vampires can do that to a certain level, now if none are say 5th gen and our dude can boost his dex to 8 that will boost his base movement to super human levels, but not the blur he exhibits one a couple of occasions, so yes I am sticking with Celerity as one of his confirmed abilities.
He FOR SURE has Auspex. His heightened senses find Astrid almost instantly in the morgue. Now if the visions he has are auspex related, and they could be, he has very high auspex.
Presence- he demonstrates in the club that he has the same ability Sharon has to force someone to look at them by making themselves more interesting to look at aka low level presence.
Visions- I think this is going to turn out to be a separate discipline along the Delphic Greek Oracle line, and he seems to have it, not just associated with Vision Girl aka Artemis which crazy Frank did. Those are visions sent by Artemis. The MC gets visions by touching things, walking in areas etc, so a type of psychometry (plus) He gets a lot of details plus his dead time dream talks with Artemis.

I am pretty confident in those disciplines above. 90%+ confidence level. As for what clan? I do not think he belongs to a WoD clone of a clan like the Salubri. I think Astrid is likely Tzimisce. Sharon demonstrates classic Ventrue. Markus and Merrick are Nos of course. The Archon is not a Ventrue. He does not have Dominate, and with his temper and abilities of speed and obvious strength, as well as social skills I have stated I think he is Brujah. Not true Brujah, Troile Brujah.
Fabian....... Tremere like. Koldunic like. Assamite like. Setite like, Giovanni like. So many clans have blood sorcery now. Tremere certainly have it down to a science, but he may be a morphed clan that truly is cousins with Artimis' childer. Cindy probably is a member of Calisto's clan, but further down the line.

Again, all of this has been discussed already, if folks will scroll back a few pages. We can rules lawyer this to death if needed. I will bank my 30ish years of playing and running WoD games with anyone. I think we will find that all of the vampires have something in common with one of the clans or bloodlines from WoD and then LikesBlondes will throw in differences, not only for fun, but to avert copyright infringement. As long as we say "like" and we are talking some intellectual property that is almost 30 years old, I think we are all safe. That, by the way is one very good indicator of why 5th edition which is current, and even V-20 are too new. I think we are almost certainly in 2nd edition which was the most prolific in content. And is sufficiently old that copyrights are probably about up if not already totally gone.

Have a great night
Peace

Reactions: MrFingers

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
That got me thinking about Calisto, And it makes more sense now that she is the high priestess of Artemis.
At the end of the episode we got a vision of Sharon sitting on a Stone throne. What if Calisto can do the same like Artemis show herself in vision. It would make a lot more sense that Calisto is a direct childe of Artemis.
Definitely my theory.
I think a lot of stuff is going to be happening in upcoming releases...soon!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Could mean the 90's VTM TV series, only went for one season, wasn't bad but people that didn't know the source disliked it, 0 sparkles lol
One reason that Nosferatu and Gangrel as well as Tzmisce hate the Tremere so much is their bloodlines were used (oh and of course Salubri)
Tzmisce methuselahs were used to alchemically embrace the inner circle at 4th generation-the Kuldonic Sorcerer branch.
Gangrel and Nosferatu were experimented on to create the Gargoyle Bloodline which are basically bound to protect the Tremere and are bad ass fighters.
Salubri were hunted into extinction or near extinction, following the diablerie of Salout by Tremere. Certainly some of them were likewise consumed to lower the generation of the higher generation childer of the inner circle. (and grand childer). Only the 5th edition and I think 1 reference in V-20 try to limit the Salubri to 7 or 8 members. Canon for all the other editions had a lot more than that, as Salout didn't achieve Golconda for a long time, and even had an antitribu of his clan which are some truly bad assed mofos. I played one in a Sabbat campaign. Was a lot of fun.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Disturbing note- So the site displays certain advertisements based on your interests and or searches. I am ok with that... What I am curious about is what is scrolling on my screen now...... a rather chunky chick, who is getting used heavily, and sprays whipped cream everywhere mixing with semen and drinking it down.... I will be the first to admit I am a filthy fucker, but I have no idea where that particular ad came from..... o_O

• Wow
Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Disturbing note- So the site displays certain advertisements based on your interests and or searches. I am ok with that... What I am curious about is what is scrolling on my screen now...... a rather chunky chick, who is getting used heavily, and sprays whipped cream everywhere mixing with semen and drinking it down.... I will be the first to admit I am a filthy fucker, but I have no idea where that particular ad came from..... o_O
That is interesting. If I allow ads what I am shown is plain boring incest...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Arigon
Dec 28, 2019
"All begin at least one step bound to their , " So the MC has a Blood bound to Callisto. It is the weakest one but there is one. I am not sure if it is playing a Role in future updates.
The inspirational material remains inspirational material, not a bible the author is rigorously following. We've seen quite a few notable differences already. So I'm not yet convinced the one step rule will hold true here.

But it can cause Problems/benefits.
Another one is that by V20 all Treme are Bloodbound by +1 Level. So the MC can´t be from Tremere blood.
There is no Tremere clan in this game and I'm fairly certain there never will be. That would be begging for a lawsuit.

But Fabian is clearly a Tremere, or something similar like Salubri Mage, Tzimisce Sorcerer etc. But looking to the Main Disciplines of the Salubri: The MC could be of their Bloodline, and this is why Fabian (as Tremere) called him Brother. they have Auspex, Dominate, Fortitude, Obeah, Valeran and Obfuscate. Depends on which Age the Sire is from, but in their Blood it can be that all Disciplines are anchored.
And again I see no real proof for Celerity, a Elder blood can spend so much Blood (even unnoticed) to enhance his Dexterity that this can be the explanation while he rushes so fast through the Forest.
And I don´t see a Proof for Auspex, their are hints but no real proof.
We have no proof that disciplines, ie. hierarchical collections of similarly themed powers exist in this game. It's pretty obvious however that many of the powers we've seen are similar to powers on the discipline lists in the inspirational material. Several of the abilities that the MC has exhibited have been perception-based which would tend to fall under what the inspirational material refers to as the Auspex discipline, despite none of them being an exact match for the powers on that discipline list. Getting visions of a location/person's past is very similar to getting visions of an object's past, being able to sense things others can't is similar to heightened senses, and Whispers includes thought reading and the ability to communicate thoughts which are both Auspex too, but with the twist that the MC isn't simply reading thoughts or communicating telepathically, but making the victim think the thoughts he's sending are actually their own thoughts.

Last edited:
Reactions: alyath

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
This wasn't true in the original editions of the inspirational material back when it was at its most popular, and on top of that the inspirational material remains inspirational material, not a bible the author is rigorously following. So I'm far from convinced it will hold true here.

There is no Tremere clan in this game and I'm fairly certain there never will be. That would be begging for a lawsuit.

We have no proof that disciplines, ie. hierarchical collections of similarly themed powers exist in this game. It's pretty obvious however that many of the powers we've seen are similar to powers on the discipline lists in the inspirational material. Several of the abilities that the MC has exhibited have been perception-based which would tend to fall under what the inspirational material refers to as the Auspex discipline, despite none of them being an exact match for the powers on that discipline list. Getting visions of a location/person's past is very similar to getting visions of an object's past, being able to sense things others can't is similar to heightened senses, and Whispers includes thought reading and the ability to communicate thoughts which are both Auspex too, but with the twist that the MC isn't simply reading thoughts or communicating telepathically, but making the victim think the thoughts he's sending are actually their own thoughts.
very true these powers are LIKE the inspirational AND delightfully UNLIKE inspirational material so we can actually speculate wildly at times.. And as I stated earlier, not the current 5th edition stuff, which is fresh, new and all about thin bloods, which this is clearly not about.

Not knocking anyone making assumptions, because all we are doing is making assumptions, but the inspirational material that they appear most influenced by is 20+years ago, not the thin blooded stuff of today. BigStuffedTiger and I do not agree on all things in here, but I guarantee we do agree on this- we have some very very powerful vampires at the top of the food chain, and our MC is disturbingly closer to them (big time elders), than any of the peers (neonates/ancilla)(if he could be said to have peers like vampires sired within the last couple hundred years)

Unlike most of the novels on here, I am a paying patron, an enthusiastic supporter, and really excited and looking forward to this and a small handful of other games. I will list them now- oh and there is one I won't list, because I had not looked at it till you guys told me about it (VIS)
1-Rebirth
2-Heavy Five (and the two of these could not be more different except they have great stories)
3-Leap of Faith
4-Sorcerer
5-Life Happened
A lot of differences between these, but one thing in common is likable or relatable MC, fun or intriguing stories, and not typical trope
I am looking forward to VIS based on what you all said
Peace

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
"All begin at least one step bound to their , " So the MC has a Blood bound to Callisto.
By the by, the Unofficial White Wolf Wiki is not supported or condoned by Mark Rein-Hagen or any of the living original crew of WW. 25 years ago I used to have a blast talking with some of those guys through emails, and at Cons. I played the pre-cursor game Ars Magicka WITH Mark running it at one of the Cons. Was a blast. That, as far as I know, is the only fucking advantage to being a 57 year old dude now hahahahahahahah

• Haha
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DA22 and alyath

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
This wasn't true in the original editions of the inspirational material back when it was at its most popular, and on top of that the inspirational material remains inspirational material, not a bible the author is rigorously following. So I'm far from convinced it will hold true here.

Though Templars are apparently either Tremere like, Koldunic like or Giovanni like or fricking Settites or Assamites. Who the hell knows hahahaha

alyath

May 31, 2020

I am pretty aware that going a Full Vampire Game is really too much. I do here just mindgames, cause I really liked the Games, and talk about possible Storys or anything that may be.
This Game is inspired by Vampire but I don´t think this will be nearly so Complex and big like the RPG. It is just great to talk about other things with People as Big Breast, who´s the hottest chick, and who has the biggest Dick out there.
But to understand Vampire you have to know round about 5 Core Books and nearly 10 important and 20 minor Rulebooks.
So this will be quite too much for a VN Game, so all we do is just thinking, dreaming and guessing. I don´t think that the Dev will stick to the Rulebooks he just use them for inspiration. So I would not be surprised if the MC will get shadowly Tentacles or a Warform later on. But my dips go more to classic abilitys like Flying, Transformation into animals or controlling Animals.
And I really like it that my rusty 10 year old knowledge of the System was polished up. After some here point out that my Memory was wrong I read quite a lot on some Sides like Whitewolf Wikki etc. And find quite some interesting Informations.
So I thank all People who give me some hints and share their knowledge.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Forgive me I'm playing the last update actually a little before it and I have to questions if someone is bored and kind enough to tell if they know.

1. Is the difference known if you expose that it was a nos before Virgil? 2. What does the second stage of thrall entail?

Tia for anyone who wants to school me a tad. :)

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Thrall is thrall bound is bound. You do become more pliable the closer you get to the third drink, but you are not bound till the 3rd.....unless there are some powers that can block and or amp that up which do exist in the inspirational materials

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Thrall is thrall bound is bound. You do become more pliable the closer you get to the third drink, but you are not bound till the 3rd.....unless there are some powers that can block and or amp that up which do exist in the inspirational materials
What i was asking in that part is what the 2nd stage consists of. I assume they are not mindless at that point so I was wondering about the level of control etc...

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Forgive me I'm playing the last update actually a little before it and I have to questions if someone is bored and kind enough to tell if they know.

1. Is the difference known if you expose that it was a nos before Virgil? 2. What does the second stage of thrall entail?

Tia for anyone who wants to school me a tad. :)
What i was asking in that part is what the 2nd stage consists of. I assume they are not mindless at that point so I was wondering about the level of control etc...
So it is not really defined so much as inferred. When you first are given a dose of vitae you think its bloody tasting and meh. However, you are relatively positively disposed towards the vampire in questions **** IF that is the only vampire whose vitae you have going through your system in the last year or so. There was a technique that a sect developed where a bunch of folks all in the same group or coterie would put the blood into the bowl and then stir and pass it around. This made folks feel more friendly towards the group, and had the benefit of protecting them from blood binding, provided it was repeated on a semi regular basis.
So if you already have some vitae from another vampire, it really comes down to if you get 3 doses from one before the other. There are other techniques to break a bond, including killing the regnant (dominant) vampire. That is most direct, and is the one Sharon is most endanger of if she thralls our MC. Calisto and VG aka Artemis both would probably erase Sharon in a fairly brutal way, to break that bond. If anyone is going to get away with bonding our MC it will be one of those two (Calisto or Artemis).
Second stage per se doesn't exist. If you have had two doses you will feel more positive as a rule towards that vampire, but not silly devotion that happens on the third dose.
Hope that helps

Reactions: Spfjolietjake
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes