4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

MrFingers

Nov 19, 2020
thats my fear as well as it could backfire in no time, the mc and the rest of the group need to improve their combat skills quickly
I'm saying the writing makes it first very clear that it got away and then it seems to be very clear that they actually killed it. It may have been fixed in the patreon version but this makes for inconsistent story telling.

Dec 28, 2019
Yeah, this wasn't clear for me too. At first I thought it was a higher stage of addiction, as was mentioned (that she shouldn't take his blood more than once per month) but now I'm questioning myself. I don't remember the rules in the inspirational material, but from what we can see in the game, one thing for sure is the extended/eternal life, since Rambo hasn't aged in 30 years or something. The other would be slightly enhanced reflexes and some speed and strength, since he mentioned that he's killed vampires before.
:unsure:
Monthly feeding of a single blood point is the bare minimum to stave off withdrawal (and ageing!) according to the inspirational material. That said, it provides no margin for accelerated healing or physical enhancement as the thrall would go into painful withdrawal as soon as the single vampire blood point they possess is spent. A favored thrall who gets to exchange blood more often is a far more potent thrall. It's not clear to me that Sharon's understanding of thralls is any better or less skewed than her understanding of vampire powers and politics.

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
Monthly feeding of a single blood point is the bare minimum to stave off ageing according to the inspirational material. That said, it provides no margin for accelerated healing or physical enhancement as the thrall would go into painful withdrawal as soon as the single vampire blood point they possess is spent. A favored thrall who gets to exchange blood more often is a far more potent thrall. It's not clear to me that Sharon's understanding of thralls is any better or less skewed than her understanding of vampire powers and politics.
I know what you mean. She's the one teaching MC, but it might be a case of "unreliable narrator" maneuver or something.
And it ticked me a little bit how in the world did she believe that she deserved the archedon by her own efforts, when it was clear that she was politically very weak (having just a couple of stronger allies, but no one with the juice to make her an archon).

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Inspirationally speaking-
When "Thralling" aka blood bonding someone- from the first taste they receive 1 dot in potence (1 dot in that inspirational game basically doubles the average human strength as it gives an automatic success in strength tests without spending blood points) As long as the thrall continues to get blood on a regular basis they are immune to age effects.

For most thralls those are the only effects. If they stay with the vampire for a long time they will possibly develop other powers that the vampire has, with a marked tendency towards physical powers. They can develop the others however, if they spend time working on them, or are encouraged by their vampire. Some could even develop Thaumaturgy.
Generally speaking, thralls never develop more than 1 dot in any discipline they have.

Unless
The vampire they are thralled to is ultra powerful * 4th gen type ultra
Then the thrall may develop powers to higher levels.

**** shit sorry I forgot to put this in- most thralls to be useful in the inspirational material have up to 10 points of vitae flowing. Then they can heal, burn a point for celerity etc. Revenants which are a line of genetically and sorcery generated ghouls/thralls generate their own vitae on their own and are capable of their own powers, healing, and not aging normally. Originally they were functionally immortal, limited to 1 dot in each discipline they have and could use blood like a vampire. Then they were given an average lifespan of around 300 years, but could exceed some limitations on disciplines. IF they were additionally bonded to a vampire, they became more powerful still... ok end of brain fart.

This primer brought to you by inspirational material and an old man babbling
Peace

Last edited:

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Inspirationally speaking-
When "Thralling" aka blood bonding someone- from the first taste they receive 1 dot in potence (1 dot in that inspirational game basically doubles the average human strength as it gives an automatic success in strength tests without spending blood points) As long as the thrall continues to get blood on a regular basis they are immune to age effects.

For most thralls those are the only effects. If they stay with the vampire for a long time they will possibly develop other powers that the vampire has, with a marked tendency towards physical powers. They can develop the others however, if they spend time working on them, or are encouraged by their vampire. Some could even develop Thaumaturgy.
Generally speaking, thralls never develop more than 1 dot in any discipline they have.

Unless

**** shit sorry I forgot to put this in- most thralls to be useful in the inspirational material have up to 10 points of vitae flowing. Then they can heal, burn a point for celerity etc. Revenants which are a line of genetically and sorcery generated ghouls/thralls generate their own vitae on their own and are capable of their own powers, healing, and not aging normally. Originally they were functionally immortal, limited to 1 dot in each discipline they have and could use blood like a vampire. Then they were given an average lifespan of around 300 years, but could exceed some limitations on disciplines. IF they were additionally bonded to a vampire, they became more powerful still... ok end of brain fart.

This primer brought to you by inspirational material and an old man babbling
Peace
Well Laurie showed some signs of having foresight or damn good intuition just before they went after the feralnos with nice figure, but lesser face. :p So seems either it goes faster in this game or again comes back to potency of MC's blood.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
for more game books than you could ever imagine, for free, in pdf format, and including very hard to get older material, I recommend that you google the words the trove.
once there you can search for the game of your heart's desire. including inspirational material for this game. for the record, ignore the requiem crap. stick with masquerade

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Well Laurie showed some signs of having foresight or damn good intuition just before they went after the feralnos with nice figure, but lesser face. :p So seems either it goes faster in this game or again comes back to potency of MC's blood.
Good catch and scroll back to one of my other posts where I pointed out exactly the same thing. The MC is clearly mega powerful

• Haha
Reactions: Ayhsel and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Good catch and scroll back to one of my other posts where I pointed out exactly the same thing. The MC is clearly mega powerful
Not mega powerful yet, but likely mega potential. The unlocking of that potential and what he will need it for are likely both important story lines in this game, besides the interaction of the characters.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
thats my fear as well as it could backfire in no time, the mc and the rest of the group need to improve their combat skills quickly
If your MC has developed his prowess enough to give the feral a neck fucking of her own, then Andrew fries it, to Ash, that way it is for sure dead. As I commented earlier I don't trust the sun to kill her when she runs off.

Reactions: c3p0

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If your MC has developed his prowess enough to give the feral a neck fucking of her own, then Andrew fries it, to Ash, that way it is for sure dead. As I commented earlier I don't trust the sun to kill her when she runs off.
Burn baby burn!

Dec 28, 2019

Unless
Default thrall progression rules cap them at 1 dot in disciplines for those being supplied with blood that is 8th gen or higher, 2 dots for those with access to 7th gen blood, 3 dots for those with access to 6th gen blood, 4 dots for those with access to 5th gen blood, and 5 dots to those with access to 4th gen blood. I suspect the MC of being at around 6th gen (with Calisto being 5th gen and Artemis being 4th gen) which means that Laurie would be able to get 3 dots in her disciplines according to the default chart.

Nevertheless there is a second more generous optional but still official progression chart for thralls that is designed for thrall and mixed group chronicles for use by storytellers that are less concerned with thralls being able to give young vampires a hard time. The author could be using that chart instead. I don't have my books at hand atm, but Laurie would be able to get 5 dots in disciplines given the potency of the MC's blood if the author is using the optional progression chart.

Or there may not even be a discipline system in rebirth, just a bunch of powers. In that case only the author knows which of them would be learnable by Laurie at this point. BTW, the code for Rebirth's character screen has been updated with hidden code to list 9 powers in the future instead of just 3.

**** shit sorry I forgot to put this in- most thralls to be useful in the inspirational material have up to 10 points of vitae flowing. Then they can heal, burn a point for celerity etc.
Exactly. This is the main reason beyond emotional bonding to feed a thrall more than once/month.

Revenants which are a line of genetically and sorcery generated ghouls/thralls generate their own vitae on their own and are capable of their own powers, healing, and not aging normally. Originally they were functionally immortal, limited to 1 dot in each discipline they have and could use blood like a vampire. Then they were given an average lifespan of around 300 years, but could exceed some limitations on disciplines. IF they were additionally bonded to a vampire, they became more powerful still... ok end of brain fart.
Laurie isn't a revenant and we haven't met any in Rebirth yet. So their existence is still a bit theoretical at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arigon and Ayhsel

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Default thrall progression rules cap them at 1 dot in disciplines for those being supplied with blood that is 8th gen or higher, 2 dots for those with access to 7th gen blood, 3 dots for those with access to 6th gen blood, 4 dots for those with access to 5th gen blood, and 5 dots to those with access to 4th gen blood. I suspect the MC of being at around 6th gen (with Calisto being 5th gen and Artemis being 4th gen) which means that Laurie would be able to get 3 dots in her disciplines according to the default chart.

Nevertheless there is a second more generous optional but still official progression chart for thralls that is designed for thrall and mixed group chronicles for use by storytellers that are less concerned with thralls being able to give young vampires a hard time. The author could be using that chart instead. I don't have my books at hand atm, but Laurie would be able to get 5 dots in disciplines given the potency of the MC's blood if the author is using the optional progression chart.

Or there may not even be a discipline system in rebirth, just a bunch of powers. In that case only the author knows which of them would be learnable by Laurie at this point. BTW, the code for Rebirth's character screen has been updated with hidden code to list 9 powers in the future instead of just 3.

Exactly. This is the main reason beyond emotional bonding to feed a thrall more than once/month.

Laurie isn't a revenant and we haven't met any in Rebirth yet. So their existence is still a bit theoretical at the moment.
Very true. The generous route you explained is optionally and official. I also suspect the MC is 6th but a semi strong suspicion he might be 5th, with Artemis having a clan, and Apollo having a clan which Fabian comes from. I am totally adopting the Greek Pantheon for the time being, given Calisto's name and greek god reference. Might be incorrect yet still useful.

Laurie could get 5 dots, in what looks like Whisper, Obfuscate, Claw/Warform, Celerity, Auspex, Precognition_if different than Auspex, and of course potence. This would make her a bad bad bad ass monkey that could teach an average prince a thing or three. Our boy could get 7 or 8 dots (shuddering internally) ((because think about Calisto, Cindy, Fabian, and the rest of the family)). This doesn't need Gehenna to become a stunning and spectacular display of Quentin Tarantino levels splash....(fond sigh, and a little bit of wood)

(Image in my head)
Laurie all in leather. Twin Magnum Research Desert Eagles on her thighs, throwing knives on one bandolier, grenades (White Phosphoric Death) on the other, with bulbs of MC blood on her waist to drink as needed.
Laurie calls out playfully "Marcius, oh baldy Marcius.... Where the fuck are you baby boy??????"
Oh yeah.... that is so in my skull.... Carmen, similarly outfitted coming in from the back door calling out for Astrid the same way.......
Yup... in skull.... not coming out hahahah

Reactions: Ayhsel

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
(Image in my head)
Laurie all in leather. Twin Magnum Research Desert Eagles on her thighs, throwing knives on one bandolier, grenades (White Phosphoric Death) on the other, with bulbs of MC blood on her waist to drink as needed.
Laurie calls out playfully "Marcius, oh baldy Marcius.... Where the fuck are you baby boy??????"
Oh yeah.... that is so in my skull.... Carmen, similarly outfitted coming in from the back door calling out for Astrid the same way.......
Well you've sold it, at least to me. Two of my kittens want to play with my favorite archon and his "girlfriend", I have nothing against it. Only that they should clean up the mess afterwards.:whistle:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I love this game so much, but fucking hell, these updates are painfully short. I feel like as soon as you start getting back into things, it ends again.
I personally don't see that changing, one tip some people use is let several updates pass before playing them other than that no clue what could help that feeling...

ScroxDieded

Nov 6, 2017
Laurie could get 5 dots, in what looks like Whisper, Obfuscate, Claw/Warform, Celerity, Auspex, Precognition_if different than Auspex, and of course potence. This would make her a bad bad bad ass monkey that could teach an average prince a thing or three. Our boy could get 7 or 8 dots (shuddering internally) ((because think about Calisto, Cindy, Fabian, and the rest of the family)). This doesn't need Gehenna to become a stunning and spectacular display of Quentin Tarantino levels splash....(fond sigh, and a little bit of wood)
As requested earlier, I'll keep the inspirational material stuff under spoilers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That aside, I'd love to see a friggin thrall overpowering what could be a Brujah (the archon) and that onawhole Astrid. And tearing them to pieces. You know, kind of like the maximum level of Thaumaturgy could in the first VtM (Redemption) PC game. Just poof - bloody dust.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
As requested earlier, I'll keep the inspirational material stuff under spoilers.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That aside, I'd love to see a friggin thrall overpowering what could be a Brujah (the archon) and that onawhole Astrid. And tearing them to pieces. You know, kind of like the maximum level of Thaumaturgy could in the first VtM (Redemption) PC game. Just poof - bloody dust.
google The Trove
has it all.. even the requiem crap
see my vision a few posts before lol

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
I just wanna say the Game story SO far Great but sadly There is Some Stuff That slip like first Andrew Said That only Teeth Can hurt and Gun useless But Yet When you go take Laurie With you she shot The Nos Feral so Not right, Second the sex scene with Miri What makes him any Different from any other Human ? I mean first he kinda put her in trance state and I think from what we see in movies and all that He should be Like Charming her makes Her Want him without even Bother to put words in her brain Second The sex Where his Powers as Vampire ? no fast movement no Multiply Orgasms for her no Warm in the end he should Be Like I wanna Feel her Warming with other word where the options (Feel her fill her) & (Pull yourself Out) But I really LIKE this STORY it's awesome WORK And I hope you Don't go and Put a lot of sex Scene that doesn't Even go with story because that really Break the story it least for Me So keep up Want to see the full game SOON ;)(y)

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Arigon
Dec 28, 2019
Very true. The generous route you explained is optionally and official. I also suspect the MC is 6th but a semi strong suspicion he might be 5th, with Artemis having a clan, and Apollo having a clan which Fabian comes from.
It's not impossible, but that would shift Artemis to antedeluvian (3rd gen) status. In that case Artemis waking up would be a level extinction event if her peers awoke too, or at least a Ravnos-like awakening event if she alone woke up, which was pretty scary in itself when it occurred in the inspirational material. Among other things the Technocracy called in a nuclear strike on Ravnos which he survived and then used orbital mirrors to fry him. 3rd gens were beyond the stat system and basically demigods. They're tsunami's in a human-like form. They're even deadly when they're asleep. You don't consider fighting them unless you have plot armor thicker than a battleship hull, you just try to survive. And we don't know if a super-powerful organization of technomages capable of putting down an antedeluvian even exists in this world.

For all of the Sabbat talk of killing them while they sleep in the inspirational material, it's pretty clear that Tzimisce ate the war pack sent to diablerize him in the 15th century and walked off wearing the form of their leader.

I am totally adopting the Greek Pantheon for the time being, given Calisto's name and greek god reference. Might be incorrect yet still useful.
The data points do appear to be aligning that way. We don't have Artemis definitively pegged as Artemis yet, but she has the right young, waifish look, there is a frigging pagan temple nearby that claims that vampires descended from gods, and our mom is its ancient high priestess and calls herself Calisto, who in myth was Artemis's handmaiden and priestess.

(Image in my head)
That's a lovely pic of Laurie and Carmen as gun-toting & armed to the teeth leatherclad femme fatales. :love:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ayhsel and Arigon
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes