4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Donors can have 3, Zonies can have 2. Once upon a time everyone was allowed to have 3 even 4 if you were good with photoshop, if you ever see one like that without a donor tag they are old accounts so if they try to update their signs now it will drop to two.
Where do you get this signature of Mia?

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think there probably will be a message on Patreon sometime today or tomorrow.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
hi, it has been a while since I played last so I have a question
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It was suggested to feed her the less as possible. It seems that feeding her increases the attribute in which Laurie is more like a slave to MC instead of a girl with equal standing.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
It was suggested to feed her the less as possible. It seems that feeding her increases the attribute in which Laurie is more like a slave to MC instead of a girl with equal standing.
Thanks, I needed to confirm that.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
So it is like this... the vitae is a fatal addiction. It seems that LikesBlondes is pretty faithful to the base background material so if that maintains, there are some issues and goodies.
It is a fatal addiction because in general the person taking the vitae will lose their humanity over time, not completely unlike vampires do. As they stop aging once they take the first drink, and are thralled (barring some perk that averts that or a discipline/power that affects the number of drinks necessary) after 3 drinks. This means that they are in love with the blood. Some folks generalize it to the vampire, Laurie recognizes that it is different from the love she had for the MC as best friend and maybe more. It is an addiction to the blood.
Now the more blood you drink, the more powerful you become as a thrall. Sharon's philosophy as well as Andrew's means that Andrew is basically starved for most of the month, but retains a bit more free will. Free will is very important if you care about the thrall, and not so much if you do not. The vitae can power disciplines for the thrall, the first they get are the physical ones, particularly enhanced strength/potence. Laurie, and eventually Mirri and Carmen will have the possibilities to learn some of what the MC can do if he feeds them more and teaches them-if we follow the source material. Of course in the source material, you wanted your thrall to have full blood so they could fight well on your behalf during the daytime. Sharon's way basically ensures that Andrew is not aging, and is thralled, but not much else.
So it is a double edged sword. The fatal part is the death of free will, loss of humanity, and an absolute need to keep vitae in their blood stream lest they age. For Laurie this is not an issue, and won't be for a long time. For Andrew, he would start aging again, somewhat accelerated rate, until he got more vamp blood.

Other topic
as of a couple minutes ago, no update on Patreon yet.
peace

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

1613515052867.png

Hey

Again, I have to apologise for not keeping up with my progress update posts. I write them whenever I get a chance. And when I remember :D
Things will be like this for a little while longer I'm afraid. Real life has been kicking my ass since the beginning of the year and it's unlikely to improve until mid March.

Regarding the update itself. It will be released on Sunday or Monday after work.
But it will not be the end of the episode. We've already gone over the 200 renders we have as a goal, and haven't finished all the scenes we wanted to have in this episode. One particular Carmen scene for example, went from a planed 20 renders to something closer to 60. Things like that. They just grew as we wrote them. Content wise it will be the same size as our usual updates, but we needed more renders and more scenes than we thought to get what we wanted out of the story.
See you again soon.

Best regards
Likesblondes

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
DISCLAIMER: If authors dislike me sharing this I will remove it. I always act putting the novel first.

View attachment 1040233

Hey

Again, I have to apologise for not keeping up with my progress update posts. I write them whenever I get a chance. And when I remember :D
Things will be like this for a little while longer I'm afraid. Real life has been kicking my ass since the beginning of the year and it's unlikely to improve until mid March.

Regarding the update itself. It will be released on Sunday or Monday after work.
But it will not be the end of the episode. We've already gone over the 200 renders we have as a goal, and haven't finished all the scenes we wanted to have in this episode. One particular Carmen scene for example, went from a planed 20 renders to something closer to 60. Things like that. They just grew as we wrote them. Content wise it will be the same size as our usual updates, but we needed more renders and more scenes than we thought to get what we wanted out of the story.
See you again soon.

Best regards
Likesblondes
looks likes Astrid did some work on the poor fellow

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
If that is Gregor, I am betting he saw her in battle form Tzimisce style
:D
He has that kind of look, plus a decent amount of mental fucking.
Maybe she shape shifted and used some Hentai moves on him.....?
:D

Dec 28, 2019
hi, it has been a while since I played last so I have a question
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not exactly, although I can understand why people may be assuming that. In the inspirational material a thrall is someone who has imbibed the blood of the same vampire 3 or more times, and Rebirth appears to be following that rule. Each drink up through the third creates stronger and stronger feelings in the thrall for their domitor.

On top of that, vampire blood is highly addictive. So it's a double whammy. Not only does the domitor by far become the single most important person in the world to the thrall, but the thrall will do anything for their next fix.

Sharon doesn't want Laurie behaving like an addict, so the feedings are being spaced apart to give Laurie time to adjust to the overwhelming feelings and urges she's experiencing before the next feeding makes them even stronger as she approaches a full blood bond. Sharon, with Andrew's help, is trying to teach Laurie self-discipline.

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Not exactly, although I can understand why people may be assuming that. In the inspirational material a thrall is someone who has imbibed the blood of the same vampire 3 or more times, and Rebirth appears to be following that rule. Each drink up through the third creates stronger and stronger feelings in the thrall for their domitor.

On top of that, vampire blood is highly addictive. So it's a double whammy. Not only does the domitor by far become the single most important person in the world to the thrall, but the thrall will do anything for their next fix.

Sharon doesn't want Laurie behaving like an addict, so the feedings are being spaced apart to give Laurie time to adjust to the overwhelming feelings and urges she's experiencing before the next feeding makes them even stronger as she approaches a full blood bond. She's trying to teach Laurie self-discipline.
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the inspirational material it was more of plot doubt, I still will not let her have it most of the time for the reasons you mentioned, but I wanted to confirm if I remembered events correctly, also I think the game is doing it a little bit differently because of how things have happened so far, wich is good, you should always put your own spin on things.

Dec 28, 2019
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the inspirational material it was more of plot doubt, I still will not let her have it most of the time for the reasons you mentioned, but I wanted to confirm if I remembered events correctly, also I think the game is doing it a little bit differently because of how things have happened so far, wich is good, you should always put your own spin on things.
The inspirational material makes a distinction between a mortal thrall and a ghoul, which Rebirth has yet to do. It's not yet clear if ghouls even exist in Rebirth. Thralls are little more than chum in the inspirational material, with significant mortal assistants like Andrew and Laurie almost certainly being upgraded to ghouls instead. So it's interesting that so much screen time has been spent on Laurie's thralling but we still don't know if she can be classified as a ghoul as we have yet to hear the word used, and she has yet to definitively exhibit any superhuman abilities.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Ghouls, Revenants, Blood bound tools. All have different treatment in the inspirational material. However, it is essential in that material that you feed your ghouls regularly or that they find blood and are not bound to a domitor as they want to be empowered by the disciplines. So, if you want your servant to be useful, you keep them topped off. If you are just using a tool, you string them along and starve them similar to what we have seen so far with Andrew. He would still have the strength trait, but if he had to actually bid it or compete it, he would burn his blood to do so. That would cause him to begin to age. He is not old enough to turn to dust over night, but there are examples of centuries old ghouls doing exactly that. Revenants have approximately 300 year life spans, unless they stake themselves a blood bag vampire and feed him and milk him. Once they start the intake of fresh vampy blood, all aging stops. Also opens new vistas for them discipline wise.....

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Ghouls, Revenants, Blood bound tools. All have different treatment in the inspirational material. However, it is essential in that material that you feed your ghouls regularly or that they find blood and are not bound to a domitor as they want to be empowered by the disciplines. So, if you want your servant to be useful, you keep them topped off. If you are just using a tool, you string them along and starve them similar to what we have seen so far with Andrew. He would still have the strength trait, but if he had to actually bid it or compete it, he would burn his blood to do so. That would cause him to begin to age. He is not old enough to turn to dust over night, but there are examples of centuries old ghouls doing exactly that. Revenants have approximately 300 year life spans, unless they stake themselves a blood bag vampire and feed him and milk him. Once they start the intake of fresh vampy blood, all aging stops. Also opens new vistas for them discipline wise.....
but what if such a trall gets embraced?

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
but what if such a trall gets embraced?
So if it follows the literary resources it is clearly related to at least thematically, you retain your gifts you had before, you gain your vampire sire's clan, if they are in a clan, and are able to work up those disciplines. If you are a revenant, with your own family traditional disciplines and weaknesses you not only retain your family power but gain the powers of your new vampire family, but can develop the ones of your family.

So the normal ghoul will have potence and not much else. Some will have clan disciplines of their domitor. They have that ability to learn those if they are around long enough.

Classic and somewhat of a fun yet traumatic roller coaster story which I ran a number of years ago, a very powerful vampire grew fond of a human scientist, and his work. She sponsored him, and in so doing, pulled him to work for her. Her clan was renown for necromantic arts, and extreme wealth. The scientist became enthralled (sort of) as he had worked out a way through his research to buy the trait unbondable (unbeknownst to the domitor, as he played his part). After some time with this going on, a particular thaumaturgistic vampiric blood mage, became enamored of the same scientist. Rather than wait around and play the long game to try and steal away that asset, this enterprising bloodmage acted to steal that asset. This understandably upset the necromancer and prompted a war of sorts. The best part was all three were actual players. They were members of the same coterie and while they had issues that brought them together, they had a private war going on. The scientist had a great deal of advantages and some pretty hard core disadvantages, which he role played greatly. Good fun. While we can not play this level of role play in an AVN, LikesBlondes is putting a great amount of intrigue in the game.

Reactions: Ayhsel and Haast
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes