4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I am 99% sure that Calisto's line does not have a harder time with embracing than any other line. What she does have going for her, and her children is that the blood is more potent than modern vampires, and thus takes more modifications to occur in the new vamp, thus the longer turning period. The shock at being alive that Fabian is speaking about, is probably more related to the fact no one had their free lunch on the MC while he was so inexperienced he could not defend himself. I do not believe that anything else should be read into this.
Still gives me at least 1% leeway. :p You may well be right though, but I will keep the other option in the back of my mind until something happens like MC turning someone or C or someone else in the know says something definite one way or the other on the subject. :)

Reactions: Ayhsel

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
among the clans that have a long embrace, we have the venture...
they had a 4th generation vampire called Artemis, her haven was a temple, she cooperated with the romans (the questor is one) against the brujah and she died or went into torpor during the third punic war...
now compare the ventures behaviour with the dignitas of Calisto and her entourage....

Akifai

May 8, 2017
The shock at being alive that Fabian is speaking about, is probably more related to the fact no one had their free lunch on the MC while he was so inexperienced he could not defend himself. I do not believe that anything else should be read into this.

I'm not very well versed in the lore of this particular vampire world. What I do know only comes from the bloodlines game. With that in mind, I've always wondered why Calisto, and Fabian seem so surprised that the mc is still alive.

In bloodlines, even the thinned bloods were able to survive. Does his potent blood lineage somehow make him a big target? Are other vampires somehow able to sniff out his supercharged blood, and want to drain him? Sharon didn't seem to think that he is anything special.

Given that the mc has a strong lineage, and seems to be more powerful than the average vampire, wouldn't it make sense that he could scrounge around like the the thinned bloods, and make it out there in the world?

Like I said, I've always wondered about their surprise that the mc is still alive. What about Calisto's other offsprings, she must have had a few that she kicked into the curb. Surely, not all of them perished.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
I'm not very well versed in the lore of this particular vampire world. What I do know only comes from the bloodlines game. With that in mind, I've always wondered why Calisto, and Fabian seem so surprised that the mc is still alive.
That's probably because from past experiences Calisto's previous offspring's didn't last very long out there in the Vampire world after being turned. So to see MC alive and well after however long it's been since he got turned it definitely comes as a genuine shock to her.

Dec 28, 2019
Digging into the various volumes, the city politics seems to set the Archons up as Barons of sorts. This would mean that they are responsible to monitor and prevent over feeding, and anything which violates the masquerade, which over feeding would cause. So using that as a basis, I am pretty sure Sharon has the authority. Whether she even knows the process well enough to navigate it is the real issue.
The term "Baron" was specifically used for the anarch gang leaders running parts of LA in the inspirational material . Now LA did not have a prince, the anarchs deposed and executed the last prince, and the vampires who lived there were all about "screwing the rulz", that's why they were called anarchs. I'm not aware of the title being used outside that context in the modern nights, although I suppose it's possible in one of the more recent editions. If you're talking about medieval Britain in the Dark Ages, that's also a very different context.

True it can happen on the fly and be a messy affair, but a lot of Sabbat mass embraces never rise, so the attrition rate will be a concern.
There are no occurrences of a Sabbat-like organization in Rebirth yet, but the newly reborn "shovelheads" had to dig themselves out after getting bashed in the head and buried with almost zero vamp blood in their systems. And given that they usually start with just a single blood point, that's a tall order if they had limbs broken when they were murdered, or their heads caved in with a shovel by overly rough Sabbat vampires who viewed them as little more than potential canon fodder. A lot of Sabbat vamps revel in their physical superiority over mortals and are anything but gentle. Without blood a vampire can't heal. Not Enough Blood+Serious Injuries=Torpor (ie. lalaland).

You can institute limits on the number of ghouls you allow in your domain, and throughout history, lords and ladies have used this to play favorites and to manipulate their "flock". I am pretty confident that Carmen will be preserved in some fashion, and of course Laurie as well.
I agree with you.

Mirri is currently walking around with vampire vitae in her system,
She does? Currently? Why do you think that? Do you have some advanced knowledge of Update 8?

which if not managed can be a breach of the masquerade.
Only if she's aware it's vampire blood.

I see the MC having his "Harem", being part of a larger Harem, which in turn is ultimately in the power structure of the Vision Girl. All vampires have a power structure, even the ones who claim they don't. The MC is a powerful vamp by right of his sire's blood. He can probably justify, once that gets out, whatever he wants to do, as long as Calisto does not say no.
Peace
True enough. Although if the MC and Sharon mutually enthrall each other, than Sharon potentially gets a veto, unless Sharon is already secretly enthralled to someone else, in which case that someone else gets the veto.

Both the MC and Sharon would embrace someone to save them based on what I have seen in their personalities.
I'm skeptical that Sharon would embrace Carmen or approve the MC embracing her, at least not yet. She still has a grudge against Carmen for trying to kill the MC and was expecting the MC to eventually drain Carmen dry as punishment.

Right now, we do not have a good feel for how LikesBlondes is treating this, except for the loss of humanity and free will aspect of the more frequent feedings. The freewill loss depends greatly on how aligned the host and the parasite are to begin with. Andrew and Sharon could likely pump a lot more blood in, as they are on the same page. However there is evidence that doing this will have more dire effects on Andrew so we are left with the image at least, that Sharon and Andrew advocate starving the ghoul.
All of our information on this in game has come from that indisputable expert Sharon who clearly knows everything there is to know about vampires. There is no way that her understanding could be incomplete. There is no way that she's been blinded by her own biases. Right? :p

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

In bloodlines, even the thinned bloods were able to survive. Does his potent blood lineage somehow make him a big target? Are other vampires somehow able to sniff out his supercharged blood, and want to drain him? Sharon didn't seem to think that he is anything special.

Given that the mc has a strong lineage, and seems to be more powerful than the average vampire, wouldn't it make sense that he could scrounge around like the the thinned bloods, and make it out there in the world?

Like I said, I've always wondered about their surprise that the mc is still alive. What about Calisto's other offsprings, she must have had a few that she kicked into the curb. Surely, not all of them perished.
Hi
yes, with low generation*super potent blood* and total inexperience the MC was a snack to be had. Huge Target if his sire were to be known. Fabian, as a Templar, if the Templar are either Tremere or Tzmisce Koldunic Sorcerers would be one of the few with the means to know he is super potent blood, except for elders like the nos feral who could smell how potent he was. She wanted to snack him down for sure, to the exclusion of all others.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Whether Sharon or anyone else approved, if the MC had figured out how to embrace someone, and Laurie or Carmen were dying he would act on his basic good impulse, regardless.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Baron is a term being tossed around as a resurrected label from the Dark Ages in new Masquerade products. Night Roads which is a nice not quite visual novel, that uses 5th edition setting and rules(ish) uses the term to apply to folks under the Prince of Tucson. The Prince is one of the few remaining elders, though he hears the Beckoning constantly. He is also Gangrel, which really are not part of the Camarilla as an organization any more. So yes, the term is being used and would apply to the Archons here

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Hi
yes, with low generation*super potent blood* and total inexperience the MC was a snack to be had. Huge Target if his sire were to be known. Fabian, as a Templar, if the Templar are either Tremere or Tzmisce Koldunic Sorcerers would be one of the few with the means to know he is super potent blood, except for elders like the nos feral who could smell how potent he was. She wanted to snack him down for sure, to the exclusion of all others.
it's not just his blood potency, it's also the variety of powers MC has displayed, while Sharon has been sceptical about those, another "tutor" like Astrid would suck him dry for those.

MC is also a sireless vampire. the archon could have sentenced him to the final death.
on the other hand if Calisto did claim responsability for MC's embrace it would cause two things...
1) people knowing Calisto would cuddle him to suck up to her. Cindy would probably hold his meals down for him, this way MC would learn nothing and, if Calisto is indeed venture, the MC would be found lacking
2) her enemies (when you live long enough to have a templar serving you) would want MC dead.
Calisto simply seems to have picked the path with less certaincy of MC's death, yet the chance was still high enough

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
But Carmen is just a blood bag...
How dare you?! She is a fuck doll.. i meant, nice cute girl.
The only problem I have with that is MC not being the only of his kind if he ends up turning someone else.
I have been claiming the same thing since the very beginning. A big part of the story is MC's uniqueness, so he turning anyone kills that. For now at least.
All of our information on this in game has come from that indisputable expert Sharon who clearly knows everything there is to know about vampires. There is no way that her understanding could be incomplete. There is no way that she's been blinded by her own biases. Right? :p
sarcasm is strong with this one.jpeg

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I have been claiming the same thing since the very beginning. A big part of the story is MC's uniqueness, so he turning anyone kills that. For now at least.
unless he's from a clan that really vets who gets embraced... *cough* Venture*cough* and turning anyone unworthy would be seen as an insult to the clan

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
unless he's from a clan that really vets who gets embraced... *cough* Venture*cough* and turning anyone unworthy would be seen as an insult to the clan
I am not sure why that sentence would start with "unless". Would that not be a possible explanation even to why MC's clan is so unique in the sense that at least a few other vampires have no idea what MC is?

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I am not sure why that sentence would start with "unless". Would that not be a possible explanation even to why MC's clan is so unique in the sense that at least a few other vampires have no idea what MC is?
because if he was part of that peculiar clan (they even had a 4th gen Artemis), it still wouldn't explain why he has powers outside of his clan's standard package. so it would mean that Calisto diablerized a lot of vamps to gain those. and let's face it, MC being a simple DJ and not some politician/noble/ knight would be already peculiar for a venture. and if he turned a commoner like Carmen, Calisto's aproval would be needed to stop the clan from taking punitive actions. which would mean MC is even more unique and important

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Well, she is one powerful old (and sexy yum!) bitch. She can probably get away with that... I doubt she actually obeys anyone (awake, at least).
one advanced power available to venture vamps are "Speak through blood"... maybe Artemis ordered Calisto to do it, and when she said "why do gods do things" is because she was pondering why she was given the order

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
one advanced power available to venture vamps are "Speak through blood"... maybe Artemis ordered Calisto to do it, and when she said "why do gods do things" is because she was pondering why she was given the order
Possible, but then getting back to your post before letting MC run loose until would be diablerized makes even less sense. Both from perspective you would not know whom does it and that could be someone you do not want to make stronger and also him without any knowledge he needs could easily break those clan rules, necessitating C or her followers to clean up his mess after him at best.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Raptus Puellae

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
By the way, cannot react.

I am almost confident (99%) MC is and has always been a random act from Calisto. Besides you are kind of flipping the order of events. She suggest the idea of showing MC what she meant after asking the questions about the gods.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes