4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
There is a great line about a river. "If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by"
It's a quote that is falsely attributed to Sun Tzu, but it is not found in The Art of War.
It is also sometimes attributed to Confucius, again with no written record.
The earliest found written version of this text, is from Shogun, by James Clavell, from 1975.
Umberto Eco next, in 1980's The Name of The Rose.
Sean Connery said the line in 1993 film, The Rising Sun.

The WWII quote is a different premise.
It refers to the fact that, for your horse to drink from the enemy's river, you must have captured the area. It's when you know you've captured their territory, then you can let your horse drink from their river with no fear of being shot out of your saddle. Hypothetically, that's when "You know that you've won the battle."

The quote above is more about displaying patience. You do not need to kill your enemy. If you wait long enough, someone or something else will and they'll float past you, dead. At no cost to you.
It's essentially a philosophical statement on the futility of pursuing vengeance.

Last edited:

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
It's a quote that is falsely attributed to Sun Tzu, but it is not found in The Art of War.
The earliest found written version of this text, is from Shogun, by James Clavell, from 1975.

It refers to the fact that, for your horse to drink from the enemy's river, you must have captured the area. It's when you know you've captured their territory, then you can let your horse drink from their river with no fear of being shot out of your saddle. Hypothetically, that's when "You know that you've won the battle."

The quote above is more about displaying patience. You do not need to kill your enemy. If you wait long enough, someone or something else will and they'll float past you, dead. At no cost to you.
It's essentially a philosophical statement on the futility of pursuing vengeance.
its part of the non action philosophy that can be found in Daoism or Taoism or the middle path 1 of the 3 great Chinese life philosophies/political theories! the other 2 being Legalism (the political authority that creates the law is absolute for along as the divine mandate is maintained by the ruling power) and Confucianism (the rule of tradition/conservative approach to the world and that the form shapes the essence)!

what i believe is the original quote and its intention!

but well done it shows you are interested and have potencial!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Well, Andrew’s actual statement has a more interesting origin, and far more ancient. I present “The origin for Every dog has his day”. :
EVERY DOG HAS HIS DAY - "According to the medieval Dutch scholar Erasmus, the saying came about as a result of the death of the Greek playwright Euripides, who in 405 B.C. was mauled and killed by a pack of dogs loosed upon him by a rival. Thus the saying is usually taken to mean that even the most lowly person will at some time get revenge on his oppressor, no matter how powerful the man may be. The Greek biographer Plutarch recorded the proverb for the first time in 'Moralia' (A.D. c. 95) rendering it as 'Even a dog gets his revenge,' and Richard Taverner included the first version in English - 'A dogge hath a day' - centuries later in his 'Proverbes' or Adages' .What was virtually the modern form appeared in John Ray's 'A collection of English Proverbs' as 'Every dog hath his day.

So the MC may be quoting something of an urban mythic version of a horse and river story, when Sharon says that Andrew stated that if one waited long enough, Every dog has its day,he is referring to the above.

Peace

Cooling Prob

Mar 7, 2019

I agree I'm just glad that it got a little attention because I really liked it.

Reactions: Arigon and whichone

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Welcome and Cheers to you new players!
It is a fantastic game. I do think that you will get the chance to have your way with Sharon, but probably only a single time, and probably as a climactic point in her story arc. For the most part, LikesBlondes is portraying vampires as more sensual and predatory than lustful and wonton. There are many different sources of vampire lore out in the world, and some of them are less sexual than others. While this is indeed an adult novel, and you can actually already have had sex with someone by making the right (or wrong) choices :D, Sharon is not that person. It is far more likely that if you do have sex as a vampire, it will be with your human thrall or someone you are trying to manipulate. Fortunately there are tasty choices for that very purpose all around you. Sadly, for those seeking the MC having actual sex, (in my opinion) almost all the best looking girls are all vampires, (Carmen being the sole exception, and she just might become a vampire yet)

Vampire "love" is a very rare thing due to the nature of the Beast, and the fact that most vampires are narcissistic in the extreme, and driven by desires and needs that are not human in nature. Add to this, the necessary level of trust needed to mutually thrall one another, in a love bond, and it is rare indeed.

In our MC's case, he is very likely spoken for by his very hot, very powerful vampfu mommy Calisto. I seriously doubt she will allow her new toy to bond to anyone but her. I could always be wrong, but in matters of vampires of this particular variety that are used in this story, I have more than 30 years of experience in doing Storytelling on table top, playing computer games, and writing Op Eds for various fan sites on the subject. (I am an old pervert, married, grandkids and kids, and still writing and gaming, since I took an early retirement)

In any case, I am glad that we have new folks that are enjoying the game and hope to see you in here theory crafting, laughing, crying, and making yourself whole again with the rest of us!!!
Peace

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
You know since the MC wakes a little sooner then Sharon. It would be nice if just one of the times we was given the option to go down on her right before she wakes up. Who cares if he can't get it up at the time. Just get down there and dig in to that sweet vamp puss and hope she's not pissed when she wakes up. I don't think she would be.... Maybe. It would be worth it.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
You know since the MC wakes a little sooner then Sharon. It would be nice if just one of the times we was given the option to go down on her right before she wakes up. Who cares if he can't get it up at the time. Just get down there and dig in to that sweet vamp puss and hope she's not pissed when she wakes up. I don't think she would be.... Maybe. It would be worth it.
I know the point you getting at. But that's considered a bit rapey. If i go down on my girl when she is still sleeping. She will be pissed and call me out on it. Sex oral or vaginal/anal still needs consent from the other person. And waking the person up while you are eating her out is just a no no. While this story is fictional i highly doubt Likesblondes goes that way (while we had the mindrape scene with Miri i think that was more a introduction to our new power)

RustyCooter

Apr 5, 2020
Rapey.....Ummm ok I'm pretty sure the vast majority of vampires in this VN would not give a shit about consent of any kind. Especially towards humans. Sharon might be one of the few who tries to hold on to what little humanity she has left. But last I checked Sharon and the MC are getting quite close. Definitely close enough for intimate encounters. If she didn't have hang ups with whole astrid thing she might be more willing to get intimate. I really don't think she would be as mad as you think.

Kinvarus

May 23, 2020
Apart from the fact when you first spend the night in her bed she tells you not to touch her and even when you get close she says she trusts you not to do anything. Despite the fact they're even closer as of the last episode, she still hasn't verbally lifted that no touch rule. Even if she didn't object to it, he doesn't know.

Also in the scene where the MC does have sex, he does say it doesn't feel the same as it used too. While he gets some pleasure from it, it's made clear that he gets far more pleasure from feeding than he does the sex and it's the combined pleasure of feeding and sex that makes him orgasm but the point is hammered home in that scene that even for the MC he's starting to see that feeding is far more pleasurable than sex.

In theory Sharon could have sex with every guy she seduces to feed but she doesn't, going so far as to say she doesn't think about sex that much. Also at the end of the day it's more being set up that sex with Sharon is something the character "earns" as their relationship grows closer, as evidenced by the fact they take it a step further each time they have an intimate moment. First it was sharing a bed, then it progressed to him cupping her breast and resting his hand on her stomach. Then it was doing it was I believe them laying naked with some groping, which then advanced to her letting him kiss/taste her blood from her tongue and then some blood while sucking her nipple to the final one we got being him resting his hand just above her pubic area in the last episode.

If anything maybe the next step in the progression would be a fingering scene, or at least him grazing her clit with his fingers as they lay in bed or something and then finally sex. If that's the working theory then sex will be at least two intimate scenes away if that's how the progression continues to go.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Vampires do horrific things to humans. They have specific rules of conduct, regardless of which source material you consult. Most of those say do what thou wilt to human food, but Vampires are as a rule, respectful of each other unless they are going to war. Since Sharon is a friend if not a love interest of some kind, and the MC was not a rapist in his previous life, I share the opinion that doing anything with her dead corpse is rape, unless she gives prior consent. (reading that is wrong on many levels but there it is)
Aside from the fact that this game does not emphasize sex the way some viewers want, rape is not one of the tags on this and thus would not be appropriate on top of that. Thus far there has only been incidental contact.
the MC is free to do what he wants with his human thralls and or prisoners.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
ondes is portraying vampires as more sensual and predatory than lustful and wonton. There are many different sources of vampire lore out in the world, and some of them are less sexual than others. While this is indeed an adult novel, and you can actually already have had sex with someone by making the right (or wrong) choices :D,
Vampire "love" is a very rare thing due to the nature of the Beast, and the fact that most vampires are narcissistic in the extreme, and driven by desires and needs that are not human in nature. Add to this, the necessary level of trust needed to mutually thrall one another, in a love bond, and it is rare indeed.
yet here we have a newly turned vampire with high humanity, high willpower (he didn't frenzy when fighting the feral), so there's a high chance MC might enjoy sex when he's not soul rotting.
In our MC's case, he is very likely spoken for by his very hot, very powerful vampfu mommy Calisto. I seriously doubt she will allow her new toy to bond to anyone but her. I
she may not have a say in the matter.
I know the point you getting at. But that's considered a bit rapey. If i go down on my girl when she is still sleeping. She will be pissed and call me out on it. Sex oral or vaginal/anal still needs consent from the other person. And waking the person up while you are eating her out is just a no no. While this story is fictional i highly doubt Likesblondes goes that way (while we had the mindrape scene with Miri i think that was more a introduction to our new power)
Also in the scene where the MC does have sex, he does say it doesn't feel the same as it used too. While he gets some pleasure from it, it's made clear that he gets far more pleasure from feeding than he does the sex and it's the combined pleasure of feeding and sex that makes him orgasm but the point is hammered home in that scene that even for the MC he's starting to see that feeding is far more pleasurable than sex.
well... if your firstslice of bread was covered in mold, you wouldn't like it either... so juding MC's interest in sex by his interaction with Miri is the same... if it was with Carmen I am certain he'd be a sex addict by now. the problem with Miri is that to have sex he had to mentally "force" her into it and since MC wasn't a rapist that felt wrong and caused his soul to rot. And unless memory fails me, Miri was rather passive in the encounter; no way for him to enjoy that.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
yet here we have a newly turned vampire with high humanity, high willpower (he didn't frenzy when fighting the feral), so there's a high chance MC might enjoy sex when he's not soul rotting.

she may not have a say in the matter.

well... if your firstslice of bread was covered in mold, you wouldn't like it either... so juding MC's interest in sex by his interaction with Miri is the same... if it was with Carmen I am certain he'd be a sex addict by now. the problem with Miri is that to have sex he had to mentally "force" her into it and since MC wasn't a rapist that felt wrong and caused his soul to rot. And unless memory fails me, Miri was rather passive in the encounter; no way for him to enjoy that.
He did have the realization that the blood rush was way way better than sex. Now of course there will be those who want him to pump into every chick in this novel, but I can be fairly confident in saying that won't happen. Even if a harem tag is added, it will be a largely non sexual harem. Now they will be blood dolls and or thralls for sure. Sex just doesn't have the rush that the blood does.

Back on an earlier point, if using his power, to have sex with Mirri (she actually enjoyed it Raptus, right up till he blew it on her tummy) cause soul rot, then I would be willing to bet that the act of screwing a helpless Sharon might rot him some more...

Regarding Calisto and having a say about thralling. You can break the bond by killing the Regnant. So Sharon would be toasty O's if Calisto doesn't want her boy to be wrapped around Sharon's pinky. Like without hesitation. Without effort. And poor Andrew tied into a pretzel knot so tight he explodes from internal pressure.

Happy Friday all

Soulpuppet

Sep 10, 2020
Say what you all will...I just really hope that MC and Sharon actually hook up. I don't want it to be rape. I want it to be because of their bond/love. With the way that the story is going I believe they will as Sharon begins to actually fall in love with MC.

That's just my hopes and thoughts tho.

Reactions: TundraLupus

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Say what you all will...I just really hope that MC and Sharon actually hook up. I don't want it to be rape. I want it to be because of their bond/love. With the way that the story is going I believe they will as Sharon begins to actually fall in love with MC.

That's just my hopes and thoughts tho.
To quote Sharon:
Not now, we will discuss this at a later time.:LOL:

I do see them doing their mutual blood bond regardless of Calistos opinion, yet I don't see them fucking.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sharon may well fall for the MC, and if we have the choice we may well choose to love her as well. Sadly, as this story is really just starting, she may actually end up being someone we have to sacrifice on our path to power. This is the way of vampires. An unlife filled with horrific choices. Often choices that we as normal humans would never make, or at least would never make unless we were monsters. THAT is the point. Vampires are monsters. They are not sparkles. They are not sunshine, or moonshine. They are monsters that prey on humanity.
So while I think it would be a sweet story for Sharon to end up as the one and only love interest, I think that if LikesBlondes continues to follow the path that they have set before all of us, the following outcomes are all we can hope for with regard to Sharon and our MC:
1- She becomes one of a non traditional harem. Non traditional in that it does not involve sex, at least not regularly. It does involve the MC feeding her blood and yeah she may share the bed and kisses with him as well.
2- She is destroyed. Either in the battle with Astrid which is inevitable at this point, or by another archon, or by the princeps, or by Calisto, or by the creature out in the woods if it is Not Astrid, or by the MC on our path to power.
3-There is no number 3.

We should not think of this as an Asian Anime style vampires breed by sex kind of thing. No Dhampirs no orgies of sex and a little blood. No wings and tails... well those would be fun but yeah none of those.

This is more of an Atlanta Georgia based vampire type milieu. :D

So anyhow I digress,,
Sharon may fall for the MC. The MC may actually close the deal with her as some would say, and if offered the choice might fall for her...OR eat her non sexually
:D
Peace

Kinvarus

May 23, 2020
Sharon may well fall for the MC, and if we have the choice we may well choose to love her as well. Sadly, as this story is really just starting, she may actually end up being someone we have to sacrifice on our path to power. This is the way of vampires. An unlife filled with horrific choices. Often choices that we as normal humans would never make, or at least would never make unless we were monsters. THAT is the point. Vampires are monsters. They are not sparkles. They are not sunshine, or moonshine. They are monsters that prey on humanity.
So while I think it would be a sweet story for Sharon to end up as the one and only love interest, I think that if LikesBlondes continues to follow the path that they have set before all of us, the following outcomes are all we can hope for with regard to Sharon and our MC:
1- She becomes one of a non traditional harem. Non traditional in that it does not involve sex, at least not regularly. It does involve the MC feeding her blood and yeah she may share the bed and kisses with him as well.
2- She is destroyed. Either in the battle with Astrid which is inevitable at this point, or by another archon, or by the princeps, or by Calisto, or by the creature out in the woods if it is Not Astrid, or by the MC on our path to power.
3-There is no number 3.

We should not think of this as an Asian Anime style vampires breed by sex kind of thing. No Dhampirs no orgies of sex and a little blood. No wings and tails... well those would be fun but yeah none of those.

This is more of an Atlanta Georgia based vampire type milieu. :D

So anyhow I digress,,
Sharon may fall for the MC. The MC may actually close the deal with her as some would say, and if offered the choice might fall for her...OR eat her non sexually
:D
Peace
While I get your point,I don't entirely agree. While Vampire's are all inheriently monsters by definition, this story says so itself, a lot of what you said right now is pure speculation because we've already had evidence in this story that that is not entirely the case. Sharon herself, at least what we've seen and know of her character up until now is proof of that.

For one while the way of the Vampire can be all about power, Sharon, despite being made the Archon has already pretty much said she'll share it with you. When the MC says "So what? We'll be co-archons?" she says something along the lines of "No there's only one Archon." but then goes on to say pretty much "Well "officially" there's only one Archon, behind the scenes however...." Which would at least imply that Sharon at least at the moment is pretty much saying "While I will be the face and main person in charge of Scottstown, we'll co-rule it together." Now perhaps that will change over time but for now that seems in line with the character we've known Sharon to be.

It's also implied that while all Vampires are monsters by definition, a lot of that depends on how close or far away from their humanity they are. Sharon comes across as being far more Human than Vampire in terms of her monster nature and both Sharon and Andrew says that Astrid lost her Humanity long ago. An example with Sharon would be that she could have and should have stuck to her guns and gone "You told Laurie you were a Vampire. I told you not too and now you have to suffer and learn your lesson from it and if she dies so be it." Which is exactly what she said. If she were truly a monster like all Vampires are supposed to be, she would have stuck to her guns, not helped you and let her die, yet she didn't and Andrew says that at the end of the day Sharon's heart always wins out. Not very monster like if you ask me.

Andrew also says that the MC was lucky that it was Sharon that was tasked to collect him and not somebody else because it could have been far worse for him, which would imply that there are indeed other vampires that are the true monsters like you say, but also adds proof that there are always exceptions to the rule, Sharon, like I said being one of those exceptions that while all Vampires are monsters, not all monsters are evil and Sharon is clearly someone who tries to hold onto her Humanity.

Now take the MC, not only is he a newly sired vampire, meaning that he still has a much closer hold on and remeberance of his Humanity and what it was like to be Human, hence his desire to still have sex but I would say that Vampires become less Human and more monster like the longer they live and the further from Humanity they get, unless they have something to remind them of it. In the MC's case he's a newborn Vampire. In Sharon's case you could say that Andrew is one of her anchors to her Humanity because he's a constant reminder of who she used to be as he knew her from before she was turned as does he and he reminds her of that whenever she thinks something questionable.

Also the only thing the MC knows about Vampires and how to be a Vampire is what he learns from Sharon and since Sharon, at least for now has always been shown to be a not so evil Vampire, it's entirely possible that like Human children, her morals and values about being a Vampire will be instilled in him.

Now that doesn't mean that down the road that might change but based on what we currently have Sharon isn't a power hungry, evil monster of a Vampire. The only monster thing about her is that she is a Vampire, and the MC hasn't so far shown any signs of being an evil power hungry monster either.

That being said maybe at some point in the story, say when Calistio comes to Scottstown to visit him, she shows him another side of Vampire life or plays some mind games to pit him and Sharon against each other in the future that might change his opinion but for now that's not exactly the case.

Finally if Sharon and the MC fall for each other because it's not like their attraction to each other is one sided, if they ever do the blood bond and thrall each other (Which I still think should be a player choice if it happens) like Sharon says would make each of them incredibly loyal to the other and unless Calisto has a way to break that bond through Thaumaturgy or another means then the MC would never try to usurp Sharon because his loyalty would be to her and her to him. With that being said however I think it would be better story wise if either A: The time comes to either pick a side between say Calisto and Sharon or at the very least usurping Sharon and taking her throne should also be a player choice, like potentially blood bonding with Sharon should be.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
the fact that most vampires are narcissistic in the extreme, and driven by desires and needs that are not human in nature
I am living proof that this is true
Vampires do horrific things to humans.
And human to us!
the act of screwing a helpless Sharon might rot him some more...
Totally agree. This is beyond what he did to Miri. In the end, Miri is a random woman he does not know, but Sharon is the one person that has been taking care of him.
I think we all do. Reason is we like Sharon. But more importantly, catfights!
Sadly, as this story is really just starting, she may actually end up being someone we have to sacrifice on our path to power.
I have to disagree here. Precisely because the story is simply just starting, there is no way we are going to see her die any time soon. She clearly will play an important role in MC's undead life if she is alive. So imagine she dying and having to write two routes for the rest of game. Simply not happening.
The time comes to either pick a side between say Calisto and Sharon or at the very least usurping Sharon and taking her throne should also be a player choice, like potentially blood bonding with Sharon should be.
That time will be hard, but if you ask me, Artemis will end up forcing any truce to them one way or the other, as she herself will prefer to have Calisto, Mc and Sharon as personal pawns...

Although, I still wish for the Artemis "spoiled teenager princess" that I have written so much about...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: c3p0 and Arigon
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes