4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
yeah, Sharon stated that whatever attacked her was a lot faster and stronger then the feral nos
Thats what I thought glad I wasn't imaging it.
And yet we have heard nothing more about it no new attacks by what ever it was no discussion about it in fact no mention of it at all since?.

Looking at some posts i'm wondering the peeps having issues with the save from EP 2 are they using the save tranfer fix files from the OP link.?
And if so did they load an earlyer save in EP 2 and run that to the end and then save that one instead?. because I sofar I haven't had a single issue with EP 3 even still have whisper skill and all seems good on mine.
Just a thought.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There was a great deal of speculation regarding the attack in the woods.
It was something larger, stronger, and faster than the Feral Nos. This strongly supports that Sharon has Fortitude as a discipline to have survived the attack long enough to return home and get the MC's hyper juice in her system to heal her. Note that in the reference system, she would either have had to be on nearly zero blood with 7 wound levels and losing more from a normal lethal attack to push her into torpor, or 6 moving to 7 aggravated wounds which would have killed her. The fear and pain she was suffering seem to indicate the later statement, and it is highly likely that wearing no armor she had only Fortitude to protect her.

All that said, there was a lot of speculation about it being Werewolves, a Tzimisce warform, a Gangrel warform, or something else. At that point, we knew a lot less about certain aspects of the MC, and the bloodline he comes from. It seems highly likely to me now that Calisto staged this event, and sent Cindy or some other member of the bloodline to Ursine out and whack her hard, but not hard enough to kill. With Obfuscate, Claws-and the following developments likely being a large war form bear, and a level or three of Celerity, it is a nearly perfect combo to fit the situation in the woods. The pain. The severity of the wounds, yet, not killing her, makes Calisto likely as the agent behind the attack, but not the hand that delivered it necessarily. (though she certainly could have, and would have had the skill needed to put her down but not kill her)

I am so happy this was brought up again, as I had not had the right opening to put my latest theory out there.

As for Juan and his angst over the lack of drive.

Dude, have you ever read or played the material that this game derived it's inspiration from?

Sharon is a very carefully manipulated tool, whose entire survival hinges on the MC. Her inner need for power-Clan driven by being something like the Ventrue, and her child like delight at being named Archon are PERFECTLY portrayed for a vampire TEENGER aka Ancilla which is what she is.

The MC is being manipulated by a founder and his sire to do the things he does. Their efforts to uncover the nature of his origin is a major action. Not everything in the inspirational game was proactive on the part of the players. In fact, most of it was REACTIVE in nature, as there were Elders who were actually moving Pawn Pieces on an intricate chessboard. That is what Sharon is, a Pawn. The MC is likely a Knight in this analogy, with the highly likely outcome that Sharon is going to be sacrificed unless he does something about it. All your ranting about this change in character is also unwarranted.

Unless the MC has the unbondable trait, which is unlikely, he has stupidly put himself in a very precarious position of being susceptible to the whims of a vampire teenager, who herself is at least 1 step towards being blood bonded to the worthless Princep (or Virgil if he was crafty enough to somehow switch his blood for the Princep's in the glass of blood Sharon drank at her investiture.) She might be deeper in the well there if the Princep has managed to give her blood before through other means. This can indeed lead to changes in how they act.

The MC also is one step bonded to Calisto. He has been in react mode the entire time of this novel. He has visions which no one believed in, that would make things much more open now if they had been acted on, but so far only the hospital lead was followed up. The MC knows a lot about Carmen, but has yet to really act on it unless you chose the kinder path with regard to how you treated her.

There is a lot that depends on knowing that vampires are creatures with a different time scale than we poor humans have. This is not derived from special knowledge of the game, but simple fact of classic vampire lore. They live lives that are centuries, if not thousands of years long and may in fact have no end unless they act on it or are killed. They do not act or think like us. Remember this before you rant about not being proactive. The MC never was, and neither was Sharon. Every single thing they have done, they were either ordered to do, or have been forced to do.

Peace

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
It was something larger, stronger, and faster than the Feral Nos. This strongly supports that Sharon has Fortitude as a discipline to have survived the attack long enough to return home and get the MC's hyper juice in her system to heal her. Note that in the reference system, she would either have had to be on nearly zero blood with 7 wound levels and losing more from a normal lethal attack to push her into torpor, or 6 moving to 7 aggravated wounds which would have killed her. The fear and pain she was suffering seem to indicate the later statement, and it is highly likely that wearing no armor she had only Fortitude to protect her.

All that said, there was a lot of speculation about it being Werewolves, a Tzimisce warform, a Gangrel warform, or something else. At that point, we knew a lot less about certain aspects of the MC, and the bloodline he comes from. It seems highly likely to me now that Calisto staged this event, and sent Cindy or some other member of the bloodline to Ursine out and whack her hard, but not hard enough to kill. With Obfuscate, Claws-and the following developments likely being a large war form bear, and a level or three of Celerity, it is a nearly perfect combo to fit the situation in the woods. The pain. The severity of the wounds, yet, not killing her, makes Calisto likely as the agent behind the attack, but not the hand that delivered it necessarily. (though she certainly could have, and would have had the skill needed to put her down but not kill her)

I am so happy this was brought up again, as I had not had the right opening to put my latest theory out there.

Dude, have you ever read or played the material that this game derived it's inspiration from?

Sharon is a very carefully manipulated tool, whose entire survival hinges on the MC. Her inner need for power-Clan driven by being something like the Ventrue, and her child like delight at being named Archon are PERFECTLY portrayed for a vampire TEENGER aka Ancilla which is what she is.

The MC is being manipulated by a founder and his sire to do the things he does. Their efforts to uncover the nature of his origin is a major action. Not everything in the inspirational game was proactive on the part of the players. In fact, most of it was REACTIVE in nature, as there were Elders who were actually moving Pawn Pieces on an intricate chessboard. That is what Sharon is, a Pawn. The MC is likely a Knight in this analogy, with the highly likely outcome that Sharon is going to be sacrificed unless he does something about it. All your ranting about this change in character is also unwarranted.

Unless the MC has the unbondable trait, which is unlikely, he has stupidly put himself in a very precarious position of being susceptible to the whims of a vampire teenager, who herself is at least 1 step towards being blood bonded to the worthless Princep (or Virgil if he was crafty enough to somehow switch his blood for the Princep's in the glass of blood Sharon drank at her investiture.) She might be deeper in the well there if the Princep has managed to give her blood before through other means. This can indeed lead to changes in how they act.

The MC also is one step bonded to Calisto. He has been in react mode the entire time of this novel. He has visions which no one believed in, that would make things much more open now if they had been acted on, but so far only the hospital lead was followed up. The MC knows a lot about Carmen, but has yet to really act on it unless you chose the kinder path with regard to how you treated her.

There is a lot that depends on knowing that vampires are creatures with a different time scale than we poor humans have. This is not derived from special knowledge of the game, but simple fact of classic vampire lore. They live lives that are centuries, if not thousands of years long and may in fact have no end unless they act on it or are killed. They do not act or think like us. Remember this before you rant about not being proactive. The MC never was, and neither was Sharon. Every single thing they have done, they were either ordered to do, or have been forced to do.

Peace
I also want to add if you calculate the total time that MC is a Vampire it's no more then a month in total time in Rebirth and a lot of stuff happend real fast. I think it's a smart choice from Likesblondes to gives us a bit of a breather in the game

Reactions: Arigon and c3p0

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020

Peace
I've always wondered what was up with that Princep making Sharon drink that glass. Was it to thrall her?

Reactions: Arigon
Dec 28, 2019
I've always wondered what was up with that Princep making Sharon drink that glass. Was it to thrall her?
It's both a demonstration of power and a warning. If he can force her to take 1 drink against her will, he can force her to take 2 more. So she should never even think of defying him or he'll finish thralling her.

It also instills a degree of unwanted affection for him in her that will serve as a constant reminder of what he did to her and can easily do again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arigon

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
It's both a demonstration of power and a warning. If he can force her to take 1 drink against her will, he can force her to take 2 more. So she should never even think of defying him or he'll finish thralling her.

It also instills a degree of unwanted affection for him in her that will serve as a constant reminder.
hypothetically speaking wouldn't MC's blood be stronger then that of the princep. And Since Sharon drank enough of that when she got hurt in the woods. Wouldn't it be like a null action of the princep

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2019
hypothetically speaking wouldn't MC's blood be stronger then that of the princep. And Since Sharon drank enough of that when she got hurt in the woods. Wouldn't it be like a nill action now of the princeps
Only if she's already fully thralled to the MC which under normal circumstances she wouldn't yet be, but as Arigon has mentioned, the MC's blood is super potent, so it's not impossible that she's already bonded. While you can have more than 1 simultaneous partial blood bond (Sharon certainly appered to be under the influence of a partial bond to Astrid as well), once she's thralled to the MC she'll be immune to thralling by others, including the princeps.

Last edited:

sebastuan2020

Feb 5, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
TypeError: a float is required

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "ep2part1.rpyc", line 19, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 708, in execute
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1345, in say
  File "renpy/character.py", line 1142, in __call__
  File "renpy/character.py", line 842, in do_display
  File "renpy/character.py", line 591, in display_say
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2702, in interact
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen/renpy.display.render.c:6805)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen/renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 675, in render
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1127, in render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 347, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
TypeError: a float is required

hello someone knows why this appears and I can not play chapter 2 on android please help

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
and our Bud BigStuffedTiger pointed out, the bond has a number of uses.
If the Princep went ahead and bonded Sharon, he would own her, it is true.. However, even the best of bondings do have long term effects on the thrall in terms of actions, thoughts and initiative. There is likely a reason that the princep did not want a pure thrall out in Scottstown, and it could be as simple as it would bother him too much to maintain it.

It is entirely possible also, as I pointed out and BigStuffedTiger reminded us, that Sharon might already be thralled and not fully realize it. The MC's blood is Most likely 5th generation, and it is possible that the authors are permitting more potent blood to bond more quickly. It was possible in VtM to both be immune to Blood Bonding, and particularly susceptible, as well as to have a trait which allows one to bond more quickly. Who knows what may be going on blood bond wise here, except that Sharon has a lot of different blood flowing in her petite frame.

The best use as Tiger points out is as a method of threat or implied threat. Marcius was ready to invoke it as a punishment. It certainly would have been. The princep would be more sophisticated but probably no more pleasant to be thralled to for Sharon.

Peace!

SonnyG932

Jan 29, 2018
I played all of episode 1 and made a save. I loaded it up and played episode 2 without any problems. I made a save at the end of episode 2. I tried loading it in episode 3 and I get an error screen. If I click the ignore option it lets me play episode 3 but it leaves my character name as a blank space and I seem to have lost all the abilities I unlocked in episode 1 and 2. Has anyone else had any problem similar to this?
I have this same problem. Any solutions to it yet?

shucia

Jan 3, 2019
First, pardon for my crappy english but i cant help to made my comment here, i was playing episode 1 for a straight 5 hours due to my crappy english and results in me having a slow reading speed and comprehension, but i was so drawn into the story and kinda forget that this was supposed to be an adult game!!, the renders are beautiful but definitely not the best i ever seen,however because of you putting a personalities into them what makes them more attractive imo, simply said your game storyline are top notch!!, im not complaining about the lack of sexual content, in fact i dont really mind at all as im kinda bored with most of the adult games in this site which doesnt have a good storyline, im sorry for cannot pledge to your patron due to me having a bad financial situation recently and hopefully once its get better i can support you as much as i can, keep it up and dont mind those people who were trolling that your game lacking sexual contents. and again im sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

Sanjikun

Oct 15, 2019
Place this in the game folder and overwrite the file, I made the save transfer and missed that they didn't define a variable correctly.
I place the file in episode 2 and 3 "game" folders (didn't replace any existing file) and still can't play episode 3 as it's asking me to play epoisode 2 which I just finished and saved at the latest frame...

What am I supposed to do, I don't get the "renaming save" thing it seems is needed.....

Reactions: D3xzalias
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes