4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I've been replaying from the beginning, redoing all of my paths (stealth, prowess, and charisma). I totally forgot about this Carmen-Gregor dialogue.
Gregor: I wanna play another game.​
Carmen: What game, dear?​
Gregor: Catan. I like Catan.​
Carmen: Oof. Not now, dear.​

The universal response of 50% of boardgamers. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
Maybe you are right at the end of the game, but right now, Sharon is treating the MC like a dog pet: giving him the exact amount of attention and affection to maintain him on the hook, while he's useful to her, but without doing for the MC something that really could have a deep romantic meaning, costs her some kind of sentimental risk, or committing her feelings with him in some way. Just gives him little things like a kiss when she's in good humor, buy her a little office chair to make him feel that he's someone, or letting him see her nude sometimes. And he has to make like he doesn't mind the disdains that she inflicts on him sometimes, and the humiliations from Astrid, someone way more important in Sharon's life than him. And he can't "counterattack" with his own charms and seductions "tools" since LikeBlondes has make the MC a "beta" that even can't have erections every time he feels horny. The MC is condemned to be Sharon's dog so far. Yes, he has some "powers" as vampire, but those are not the MC´s merit, just something that he owns to the female that "created" him.
maybe you missed the part where Laurie comments how Sharon can't sleep in her own bed and keeps going back to MC or how she wears revealing clothes... she's certainly not doing it for Andrew. As of Astrid, if she wanted Sharon back,Gregor would've extended her the same invite he passed to MC.
I disagree. It's Astrid who is the third wheel, the discarded and still scheming ex who is attempting to get between Sharon and the MC.
Astrid is a scheming and manipulative bitch. Just because she says something doesn't make it true. Sharon discarded her and she's bitter about it. So of course she's going to say hurtful things, and she's observant enough to put the worst spin possible on the things she observes in a bid to drive a wedge between the MC and Sharon.
Astrid is being maintained in the basement by LikeBlondes for something. She's not going to be punished,
of course she has a purpose,last update started her romance path
Agreed. Too much has been invested in Astrid's development for her to go down before that investment gets a big enough payoff.
I don't think Sharon is going to hop back in the sack with Astrid. Astrid burned that bridge when she tried to pimp Sharon out way back when.
I don't see Sharon as rejecting the MC any more. She's agreed to have sex, and is waiting for him to fix his impotence issue by setting up some blood dolls. Astrid inadvertently cock blocked him showing up when she did.
allow me to quote what Sharon said when touching MC's penis "you're not the one being denied", add to that her mantra " I do something because I want, not because I need", add all her meditating and also Astrid's surprise about Sharon keeping her legs closed for the MC and we get a clear picture of Sharon wanting to fuck the MC more than her rational part can allow.

Garvelt

Aug 26, 2020
Dear Lord, there are actual people that believe Sharon and Astrid might get back together. Have you all missed that tiny little part of the plot where Astrid hired vampire hunters to kill Sharon and the MC? They are not getting back together, period.

Neither of them are lesbians either. I agree about the whole bisexual trope being tiring and unnecessary in most games, but in this case, I think it at least makes sense. Astrid is said to be several hundred years old iirc, while Sharon should be around 70-80. They are not girls in their twenties who are still experimenting with stuff.

Another thing about Sharon and Astrid is that they are at least partially bonded, which partly explains why Sharon doesn't want to believe that Astrid would even consider hiring the vampire hunters. There's also the fact that what Astrid did was probably one of the biggest crimes a vampire could commit, and I'm pretty sure she is toast if the MC and Sharon can prove it. So Sharon being ignorant doesn't mean she is in love with Astrid at all.

She is undoubtedly in love with the MC though. It might be more subtle than the usual romance stories around here, but again, I think it can be explained by Sharon's age and also by the fact that she is pretty much immortal. There's absolutely no rush from her part. The MC on the other hand acts like the usual horny guy in his twenties and that's probably the main reason why there's so much confusion about all this. Oh, did I mention that they are also one step away from being blood bonded to each other (if you didn't fuck Miri), which from my limited understanding of the lore is pretty much the vampire equivalent of regular marriage? How on earth can anyone say that they are not in love?

Last edited:

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Let's face it, why would Sharon in love with MC? Even we the players doesn't know too much about him. Kinda bland, most memorable part from him is the "I'm a Pepe Le Pew with fangs" and Sharon wasn't there :D

Reactions: Hildegardt

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Let's face it, why would Sharon in love with MC? Even we the players doesn't know too much about him. Kinda bland, most memorable part from him is the "I'm a Pepe Le Pew with fangs" and Sharon wasn't there :D
We know basically everything important there is to know about him. He's a dj, a girl best friend who he would die for, is decent caring guy, isn't your ordinary vampire.
That's what dev told us at least.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Dear Lord, there are actual people that believe Sharon and Astrid might get back together. Have you all missed that tiny little part of the plot where Astrid hired vampire hunters to kill Sharon and the MC? They are not getting back together, period.

Neither of them are lesbians either. I agree about the whole bisexual trope being tiring and unnecessary in most games, but in this case, I think it at least makes sense. Astrid is said to be several hundred years old iirc, while Sharon should be around 70-80. They are not girls in their twenties who are still experimenting with stuff.

Another thing about Sharon and Astrid is that they are at least partially bonded, which partly explains why Sharon doesn't want to believe that Astrid would even consider hiring the vampire hunters. There's also the fact that what Astrid did was probably one of the biggest crimes a vampire could commit, and I'm pretty sure she is toast if the MC and Sharon can prove it. So Sharon being ignorant doesn't mean she is in love with Astrid at all.

She is undoubtedly in love with the MC though. It might be more subtle than the usual romance stories around here, but again, I think it can be explained by Sharon's age and also by the fact that she is pretty much immortal. There's absolutely no rush from her part. The MC on the other hand acts like the usual horny guy in his twenties and that's probably the main reason why there's so much confusion about all this. Oh, did I mention that they are also one step away from being blood bonded to each other (if you didn't fuck Miri), which from my limited understanding of the lore is pretty much the vampire equivalent of regular marriage? How on earth can anyone say that they are not in love?
Sharon won't get back with Astrid but she still cares about her to some extent. She doesn't even want to believe that Astrid sent the hunters. Astrid did everything possible to hurt Sharon but she still is too lenient with her.
Sharon may love mc but not madly not in love with him. MC is willing to go to any extent to please her but she couldn't believe Astrid sent the hunters after them when mc told her.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
We know basically everything important there is to know about him. He's a dj, a girl best friend who he would die for, is decent caring guy, isn't your ordinary vampire.
I feel like the writer tells us that the MC is supposed to be a generally caring guy and care even more for Laurie (atleast at the start of the game), but this isn't shown at all.
He comes across as bland, because he's got no strong feelings or reactions one way or the other. Tragic things happen to him or Laurie and he's just OK with it. He doesn't even have qualms about kidnapping women to use as blood dolls.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
I feel like the writer tells us that the MC is supposed to be a generally caring guy and care even more for Laurie (atleast at the start of the game), but this isn't shown at all.
He comes across as bland, because he's got no strong feelings or reactions one way or the other. Tragic things happen to him or Laurie and he's just OK with it. He doesn't even have qualms about kidnapping women to use as blood dolls.
That I agree. Dev didn't do a really good job with mc. Like he didn't put any effort to make him. All is does is grovel in the floor for Sharon. Laurie is his best friend and loves him to death but it looks like doesn't care about her at all.
He kidnaps people without thinking about their well being.
Has no emotions whatsoever. As bland as they come.

Reactions: Crusado

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I think getting Sharon to help saving Laurie from being killed was a strong enough reaction. And about blood dolls, it's not like he planned the kidnapping, he just doesn't know how blood dolls work. He probably thought they can just drink her blood, then send her home feeling like she was at the best party ever and tell her to come back tomorrow

Reactions: FunFuntomes

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I think getting Sharon to help saving Laurie from being killed was a strong enough reaction.
To me it's not clear that the MC ever risked much for Laurie. He just tells her about being a vampire, because the consequences were very vague and he just saves her, because vampire politics weren't clearly outlined to him.
He also just goes along with her enthrallment without much protest, even though the only thing they know about it is that she'd turn into something like the creepily obsessed Andrew. He's risking much more by keeping Carmen and Gregor alive and locking Astrid in a cage, than he ever risked for Laurie.

And about blood dolls, it's not like he planned the kidnapping, he just doesn't know how blood dolls work. He probably thought they can just drink her blood, then send her home feeling like she was at the best party ever and tell her to come back tomorrow
I wouldn't say he doesn't understand blood dolls. He got to see what those are about the night he got turned.
My MC also told Sharon that he would want to rip the head off of the vampire who turned him, but when he finally got to meet her, he didn't really have a strong reaction at all. And now he's even looking for women to kidnap, just because vamp mommy told him she'd like a few blood dolls, if she ever visits him.

Reactions: Crusado and Nulldev

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I didn't think Carmen was bad person or threat to mc at all. If you know her backstop then you'd get that she's not bad.
Astrid on the other is a grade A bitch
Yeah, she's not a bad person and was never a threat to him and he still had no qualms about stripping her naked and locking her in a cage. That's another thing he just goes along with.
What I meant was that enthralling Laurie was supposed to be their only option, but on the other hand keeping vampire hunters in their house and locking up Astrid don't seem to be pressing issues.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
you do realize why you got the facepalm?
Actually, no.

One post said, Sharon in love with MC.
I asked why, because i don't see the MC's charming qualities.
Answer, because MC is a general good guy.
My reaction, no, MC is not a general good guy, but a creep who uses all opportunity to watch and grope the girls naked, and (mind)raped Miri. (<- facts)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Actually, no.

My reaction, no, MC is not a general good guy, but a creep who uses all opportunity to watch and grope the girls naked, and (mind)raped Miri. (<- facts)
A lot of them depend on how you play. If you want to treat Carmen as food you can, but you also can treat Carmen as "human".
So it is not that the MC is or isn't general good guy per se. If he is or isn't depend on your playing. Although I don't think that he is a general good guy. I think he is the usually, average egoist like well other all are - or at least I see myself as this.;)

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Actually, no.

I think the reason you received facepalms, is because you asked why Sharon would fall in love with the MC, as if there was no reason for it.
You were then given reasons for it.
To which you replied "That's your choice". :unsure:
Which means that the reason your MC comes across like someone she wouldn't want to fall in love with, is also because of "your choices".

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes