4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Literally everything you stated is pure speculation.
So true and yet people have been put to death on less circumstantial Evidence. We theory Craft here, many of us and if you were so inclined to go back through the threads we have more circumstantial evidence based upon real research. Our hunches are more credible than Global Warming. Thank you for attempting to ground us with a sense of reality but at the end of the day We shall see who is right and who is wrong.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Which is fine and all don't get me wrong but not when you're trying to pass it off as a matter of fact.
here is some background info that basically confirms that MC is a 5th gen vamp by our resident Vamp expert

A frightening post from the author, and it makes it mandatory to rethink genealogy:

1:10 AM
Vision girl? lol Good name for her I suppose. Vision girl is MUCH older than Calisto. As Calisto would be a myth to most vampires. Vision girl would be a myth to Calisto herself. Not her child.

This is definitely making me concerned for our well being, and the fact that Vision Girl was behind our embrace is almost guaranteed.
Calisto is definitely from about 2500 years ago. Definitely, no doubt based on what LB said to me in a series of 3 messages that I can not paste in here. Not that they give a LOT a way, but they give some stuff away, but I will let this out so there is no debating with anyone that Calisto is in fact Greek origin. Very likely the role we assumed she had.... Also very likely she is 4th generation, making us 5th generation. She is legend, and in a way, so are we.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
here is some background info that basically confirms that MC is a 5th gen vamp by our resident Vamp expert
Thank you for pulling archival info but.
[B]Tserriednich'sNen[/B] deals with the facts surrounding our MC not anecdotal mumbo jumbo. I didn't reference the source of my information therefore he is right in stating that I spoke with authority and absolutes without standing so let's drop this convo. before it gets heated as It has done in the past. Just this in passing though I have done my due diligence so we shall soon see who is right. It may come as soon as the next update.

Peace.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
s2.png

Hey, there

Found a less revealing pic this time :)

Things are progressing. Slowly, but surely.

No signs of any delays this far. One thing though. I'll be gone for the last weekend of the month. Family trip. So, I'll be releasing the update to everyone on the weekend before that. The 23'rd/24'th.

Best regards

Likesblondes

Dónaill

Jan 25, 2022
Following this thread I am a bit confused how fixed the relationship between genealogy and ability really is. Would a 1st generation vampire always be stronger than - let's say - a 7th generation vampire? And if a 7th generation vampire consumed a 1st generation vampire, would that basically make him/her 1st generation in terms of his overall capabilities? Is it possible that a 7th generation vampire would be more powerful or potent than a 1st generation vampire or is that literally impossible... so in simpler words: Is 1st generation the ceiling that cannot be surpassed?

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Following this thread I am a bit confused how fixed the relationship between genealogy and ability really is. Would a 1st generation vampire always be stronger than - let's say - a 7th generation vampire? And if a 7th generation vampire consumed a 1st generation vampire, would that basically make him/her 1st generation in terms of his overall capabilities? Is it possible that a 7th generation vampire would be more powerful or potent than a 1st generation vampire or is that literally impossible... so in simpler words: Is 1st generation the ceiling that cannot be surpassed?
To your first Question Yes a 1st generation vampire is basically the first Vampire ever. And will be like the strongest Vampire ever since he is a fallen angel from god. If we use the Cain Line

If a 7th gen vampire diablerized a 1st gen vampire he is not a 7th gen vampire anymore but a 1st gen vampire. He inherits all traits and ability's from the Vampire he consumed.

A 7th gen vampire will never be stronger then a 1st gen. A Vampires blood thins everytime he embraces someone

Lets say your 1st gen embraces someone, That someone becomes 2nd gen. and so on.
But everytime your 1st gen Vampire embraces someone that person becomes a 2nd gen. everytime your 2nd gen embraces someone. that person becomes a 3rd gen.

But with embracing the 1st gens Blood thins out a little everytime you go down a generation

1st gen 100%
2nd gen 92.5%
3rd gen 85%

And so every time the blood get's thinner the ability's said person inherited are diluted So older vampires have more powers while the youngers one are basically running around with thinned down versions of the older ones (in a simple way)

So yes a 1st gen ceiling can't not be surpassed

Reactions: Dónaill and D Dog

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
There's people making conclusion based on the system as used by Vampire The Masquerade. This game however is not based on VTM, but like most vampire themed games there will be similarities.

First generation would mean the first vampire and certainly the oldest and least humane, but also the strongest of them all.
In VTM the strongest vampires are 3rd generation and are called the Antediluvians (they predate the biblical big flood)
The 4th generation are the methuselahs and are either child of the Antediluvians or committed diablerie (feeding on and killing to take another vampires powers) to become one.

Is it possible to become more powerful then a generation 1 vampire? By VTM rules the maximum is 3rd generation but that's inherent to the lore ; Cain is first generation, created 3 childs (2nd gen) that in their turn created 13 servants (3rd gen) that revolted and killed their masters when Cain left, after Cain returned he cursed the 3rd generation with several of the vampiric traits we know of like weakness to daylight, etc. From that perspective 3rd gen are the first "true" vampires...

Vampires powers grow with age, but it's possible to grow by means of diablerie aswell. However it's simply not possible to become stronger then the first generation. Not based on the VTM rules since those represent a game statistics model.
But in theory ofcourse aslong you keep killing vampires for their powers eventually you'll be stronger then the first generation although you might be the only one left by the time you reach that point....

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There's people making conclusion based on the system as used by Vampire The Masquerade. This game however is not based on VTM, but like most vampire themed games there will be similarities.

First generation would mean the first vampire and certainly the oldest and least humane, but also the strongest of them all.
In VTM the strongest vampires are 3rd generation and are called the Antediluvians (they predate the biblical big flood)
The 4th generation are the methuselahs and are either child of the Antediluvians or committed diablerie (feeding on and killing to take another vampires powers) to become one.

Is it possible to become more powerful then a generation 1 vampire? By VTM rules the maximum is 3rd generation but that's inherent to the lore ; Cain is first generation, created 3 childs (2nd gen) that in their turn created 13 servants (3rd gen) that revolted and killed their masters when Cain left, after Cain returned he cursed the 3rd generation with several of the vampiric traits we know of like weakness to daylight, etc. From that perspective 3rd gen are the first "true" vampires...

Vampires powers grow with age, but it's possible to grow by means of diablerie aswell. However it's simply not possible to become stronger then the first generation. Not based on the VTM rules since those represent a game statistics model.
But in theory ofcourse aslong you keep killing vampires for their powers eventually you'll be stronger then the first generation although you might be the only one left by the time you reach that point....
Actually the game mechanics are heavily inspired by VtM.

While c3p0 thought I was going to do a multi page answer to another question, I am a little bit under the weather the last couple of days so I will just say this for this post and then go back to resting up.

The Sisters are Goddesses. They are each very very powerful. Whether they represent Caine from VtM power vamps or something more or something less, it really doesn't matter. For purposes of our MC's power, they are the founders.

Now a 7th generation vampire is the first vampire in VtM which can break the 5 dot ceiling on attributes and powers and such, and in theory are powerful enough to found their own bloodlines. These bloodlines are derivatives of the main line from the clan founder. They are not, ever, as powerful as the original founder of the line.
2 things, as has been stated above go into the "power" of the vampire. Blood and Time.
This breaks down somewhat when the vampire approaches the founder's level in the bloodline.
As I mentioned, you can look in the second edition VtM book Elysium for rules on creating Elder Powered fledgling vampires.
That is what the MC is. Much more powerful that time would indicate, and time can never surpass certain limits on further removed vampires ie 13th generation vampire that is 1000 years old would be very tough, but is still capped by the 5 dot rule. a 5th generation vampire can have 8 dots. If that baby vampire is a combat god, then he will wipe the floor with the older but less potent blooded vampire. Plus a number of disciplines for mind control simply will not work on the younger but more potent vampire, no matter how practiced the geriatric 13th generation vampire is.

Sooooooo
The MC is in a class that is far above his age. He is capable of destroying most any vampire he will meet in the story, but he is not the most powerful vampire in the game. A number of other vampires will exceed in potency and age.

Additionally-
Diablerie does not directly take you to the level of the vampire you slurp down, necessarily. It can vary a great deal in what you get. You certainly will lower your generation, but as to how much? That is a good question. If you are 8th and devour a 7th, you in fact become a 7th. If you are 7th devouring a 6th then yes you lower to 6th. If you are 7th and devour a 1st somehow, you likely become a sock puppet for the first generation, and lower a generation or three for your troubles.

Hope this helps, but to reiterate, the mechanics of the game are very similar to VtM, but the setting, powers, and mythology are all the author's creation.
Peace

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
Ok thanks for explaining cuz I was so confused on how the power level go. But I still hope that the MC does get more powers in the future if not than I understand

Waynew91

Dec 13, 2017
OK I'm positive I completed episode 3 and saved when I was supposed to but it's not letting me play episode 4

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Welcome to the fun. :D
I'm sure Arigon will write about 6 pages of explanations for you and bet one or two of his organs for the theories in it.:p

Yet, short summarisation from my eyes:
It is half, half. Some times, and enough times, he use some of his power that are over your usuall childe born a few days ago. Some times she isn't there, when he used his powers. But all in all he used it enough for her to know that he isn't like any other vampire baby.
So, for me, Sharon cling to the things she know and an overpowered elder vampire childe isn't what she knows. She clings to much to her knowledge and what she knows and ignore the telephone pole big signs around him, Fabian, Cindy, Calisto and the others. That is also an issue some of us have with Sharon, we know she a goody-two-shoes persona, but in some regards she is very not the sharpest tool in the box.
I don't think Sharon is dumb, I think she's really young herself in vampire terms. She's like 90 years old iirc and she has been an outcast of vampire society most of the time. So of course she doesn't know much about vampire lore. Still she's tasked with babysitting a neonate. That's why she can treat the MC like child sometimes.

Reactions: D9074 and D3xzalias

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Sharon has like 70 years or so under her belt, which would qualify her as not being a neonate. She is an Ancilla if barely.

Sharon ALSO has a literalism problem. Unless something is flagrant and in her face, she really doesn't buy it.
Now Andrew, who has been as much an advisor as a servant and bodyguard comes from an era slightly before Sharon, in the Pre WW2 and WW2 era, and has a more worldly view, but still is limited.
Her only other influence of note, Astrid. Whom we know to be a selfish, self serving cunt.

It is not REALLY Sharon's fault she is ignorant of so many things. She hangs with younger vampires if she hangs at all, she has limited real experience, and was thrust into the babysitting job so she would fail and Marcius could force her to share her Domination power.

She has recently had her face rubbed in the fact that her boyfriend is the childe of a demigod, and it explains his way too fast development, which in game terms is not so much rapid development, as simply opening himself to his pre loaded powers.

He is a Powerhouse that she is simply outclassed by. She knows this now. States as much in the final updates of Chapter 3. It is finally dawning on her that there is MUCH MUCH more to this vampire gig than she ever imagined.

She will redeem herself to those who hate her, as long as they treated her right, by saving Laurie. If you played Laurie off against Sharon, say goodbye to Laurie. Laurie lives not because she deserves to, but because Sharon loves the MC too much to let him suffer that pain.... whether you fed Astrid to Calisto or not.

Peace.....
c3p0 I will get your 6 pages soon! Still a tad under the weather!
:D

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes