4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
That was the point I was trying to make.

There are a few that take being the "main character" a bit too literally and think we will be going toe to toe with an all powerful ancient goddess....

That's about the same kind of logic as "well, it's Sharon that embraced Laurie .... guess that makes MC her sire" ..... wut?

The way I see it, the MC is very similar to Geralt from the Witcher books/games/tv show.

He is, by far, the best Witcher alive and could no doubt come out on top against most monsters and people. However the Ancient One can one shot him.

He plays a similar role, keeping someone far more powerful alive. In our case it's Calisto, in Geralts it's Ciri. Calisto and Ciri are the ones making plays we have to back up while the kings (or queen whoever you put on the throne of Skellige) make the wars.

I've no doubt the MC could bend Sharon's stalker Archon over and butt fuck him raw but Calisto will still be able to put him over her knee and spank him.

I'm sure he could wail his fists on one of the goddesses but it would be like that scene in Sword Art Online when all those bandits start wailing on Kirito and doing 0 damage because he's like a hundred levels higher than them.

Here's the MC and friends trying to fight Eres.... Eres here is being played by Kirito .... also using Abridged because it's far more amusing.

View attachment 1778972

It aint happening.
Zactly
:D

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
Well even though Sharon turned Laurie at least they can be friends spend time with each other for eternity now but it’s gonna be hard for her to adjust being a vampire

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Well even though Sharon turned Laurie at least they can be friends spend time with each other for eternity now but it’s gonna be hard for her to adjust being a vampire
It's got potential to be quite a fun side story.

They have been rivals up to now with Laurie pushing Sharons buttons as much as she could and now they are tied to each other forever with the huge dynamic shift of Laurie now relying on Sharon to guide her.

I know the MC has more power but he's still very young and not ready to teach others yet so Momma Sharon is going to have to step up.

Now 2 of his LI's are vamps as well as his own Momma side peice.

Eventually he'll turn Carmen so that's a vampire harem he's building.

Imagine every argument though, getting nagged at for eternity.

It would also mean that Carmen could potentially be more powerful than Sharon and Laurie which would change the entire dynamic. Laurie, his oldest friend. Sharon, his first vamp crush and the new girl comes in and takes over......

Reactions: imzahai

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

They have been rivals up to now with Laurie pushing Sharons buttons as much as she could and now they are tied to each other forever with the huge dynamic shift of Laurie now relying on Sharon to guide her.

I know the MC has more power but he's still very young and not ready to teach others yet so Momma Sharon is going to have to step up.

It would also mean that Carmen could potentially be more powerful than Sharon and Laurie which would change the entire dynamic. Laurie, his oldest friend. Sharon, his first vamp crush and the new girl comes in and takes over......
Zactly!!!:love:

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020

I don’t see Carmen becoming a vampire in the future but I do think she will end up being thrall by MC.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Why would Sharon need to embrace Laurie at all if she had enough blood from MC to transition?

Not getting how/why someone would believe MC is her sire. If Sharon doesn't embrace her, shes dead dead allegedly. Is that not proof enough?

Not getting the Calisto thing either. Calisto fed on her, not vice-versa, why would her blood be in Laurie's system?
Some people did some mental gymnastics and came up with the comclusion that because Laurie had fed on MC's blood a few times that somehow, through the mystical power of whatthefuckever, it would cause him to sire Laurie regardless of who did the embrace.
I don’t see Carmen becoming a vampire in the future but I do think she will end up being thrall by MC.
Thrall will be the cute crazy one who's name I can't remember.

I would be willing to bet money on Carmen getting turned. She'll be needed for the big fight and she's going to thrall her little friend, Gregory?

I'm 100% confident Carmen will get turned.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Some people did some mental gymnastics and came up with the comclusion that because Laurie had fed on MC's blood a few times that somehow, through the mystical power of whatthefuckever, it would cause him to sire Laurie regardless of who did the embrace.

Thrall will be the cute crazy one who's name I can't remember.

I would be willing to bet money on Carmen getting turned. She'll be needed for the big fight and she's going to thrall her little friend, Gregory?

I'm 100% confident Carmen will get turned.
I also have zero doubt that Carmen will be the MC's very beefie childe.
Ivy will be the thrall of the hour.
Gregor will probably get thralled to Carmen to try and save him.
An army will be needed to counter the shit that is coming down.

Should be an interesting Deadman's Party. I play that song frequently when queuing up the new update

Reactions: D Dog and imzahai

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I also have zero doubt that Carmen will be the MC's very beefie childe.
Ivy will be the thrall of the hour.
Gregor will probably get thralled to Carmen to try and save him.
An army will be needed to counter the shit that is coming down.

Should be an interesting Deadman's Party. I play that song frequently when queuing up the new update
hahaha, though I agree that Carmen will most likely become the Mc's childe, it will not really make a difference if MC and C are just a slight interference at best in that fight. Now in the very unlikely event there is something incredibly special about Sharon's yellow eyes and they can be used on vamps as well there might be a twist there, where either Sharon or Laurie or maybe both of them together can buy a second that could swing the outcome.

I see Carmen getting turned more for harem purposes and how human or inhuman maybe MC turns out at end as really being instrumental in Ragnarok. Maybe she could help against Virgil if you are right or another that might be Arcas if he makes an entrance in the game. Her having another secret that could make a difference like being also part werewolf is kinda unlikely with no hints or progress in that direction in game. :p Then it is even more likely that who Sharon's sire was and his/her line will ever play a role, which by now seems pretty unlikely beyond maybe some subplot about dealing with the Archons and princeps at this moment.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
hahaha, though I agree that Carmen will most likely become the Mc's childe, it will not really make a difference if MC and C are just a slight interference at best in that fight. Now in the very unlikely event there is something incredibly special about Sharon's yellow eyes and they can be used on vamps as well there might be a twist there, where either Sharon or Laurie or maybe both of them together can buy a second that could swing the outcome.

I see Carmen getting turned more for harem purposes and how human or inhuman maybe MC turns out at end as really being instrumental in Ragnarok. Maybe she could help against Virgil if you are right or another that might be Arcas if he makes an entrance in the game. Her having another secret that could make a difference like being also part werewolf is kinda unlikely with no hints or progress in that direction in game. :p Then it is even more likely that who Sharon's sire was and his/her line will ever play a role, which by now seems pretty unlikely beyond maybe some subplot about dealing with the Archons and princeps at this moment.
Sharon is at best a common run of the mill vamp. There is nothing special about her and i think Arigon would agree with me on that. The only power we have seen of her is her eyes thing nothing else.

However with the point of humanity you make, I agree that MC is probably going to take a turn into a darker path. Since i won't expect Sharon to make it to the end of Rebirth. And not due to ragnarok, Just because Sharon would make some Stupid choices that would endanger the ones MC is close with. Like Laurie and Carmen.

As when Carmen get's embraced they have a lot more in common then just being a blood bag and something cute to look at. As i expect her to get the same vision as MC and that would bring more validity to MC's claims as there are 2 vamps now instead of one. And a relationship will form from that. and that will bring us back to a vision MC has in episode 2 were they walk on the beach. Is that good or bad thing that's a choice for you to make

• Red Heart
Reactions: Arigon
Oct 17, 2020
Okay, I don't have anything to add to the above conversations, so excuse if it's an interruption, but HOLY SHIT I fecking LOVE this VN! It's so damn good! I've been searching for so long for anything that gives me the same kind of vibes as Reluctant Archon (sadly without much luck.. suggestions would be appreciated too hehe:p), but this one.. *chef's kiss* It just hits all the spots!

The story, the characters' personalities.. Like, bruh.. props to the dev though:cool:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Since i won't expect Sharon to make it to the end of Rebirth. And not due to ragnarok, Just because Sharon would make some Stupid choices that would endanger the ones MC is close with. Like Laurie and Carmen.
In any other VN I would argue they would not kill off a love interest but I absolutely see that happening here.

I expect this has more of a Game of Thrones style view and no problem killing off main characters.

Of course i'd love for them to all see the end but Sharon has made one too many questionable calls and almost got herself killed before now. I absolutely see her getting offed.

I hope it doesn't happen for a while because potential comedy for being Laurie's sire is still something I want to see.

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
So I died.. from what I gather I've been to much of a puss in my actions. What I'm looking for is what's the best way to do this and get back on track :)

What's the best way.. Download every episode and leave them on my computer? Is each chapter a stand alone? Like books in a series?

I was pissed when I died.. but replaying this chapter doesn't give me a way out.. so I walked away for a few days before I decided.. Since I really love this game and it's my own fault for how it ended up.. let's do it right.

Any thoughts are advice are appreciated.. cause I ain't going nowhere..

Edit: Appreciate the quick and timely responses. Going back one episode and fixing it.. AND on top of that... going back and downloading every episode later.. cause hey I'm old and every time I start over... it's like a new game to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warscared

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So I died.. from what I gather I've been to much of a puss in my actions. What I'm looking for is what's the best way to do this and get back on track :)

What's the best way.. Download every episode and leave them on my computer? Is each chapter a stand alone? Like books in a series?

I was pissed when I died.. but replaying this chapter doesn't give me a way out.. so I walked away for a few days before I decided.. Since I really love this game and it's my own fault for how it ended up.. let's do it right.

There are only 2 ways to survive this episode.

Have your power stat up from the start of the game or hand Astrid over to Calisto and get her dagger.

Laurie can also die if you missed certain points regarding her.

Things are starting to get serious now and consequences are a real thing with both the MC and love interests being able to die now.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

the easiest way (apart from messing with console/variables) is to play again end of episode 3 and give astrid to callisto (when you have that opportunity/choice (before she leaves back to the temple), after she isnt satisfied with bearded guy/gift you offered her firstly).

Reactions: BarbarrossaNA

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
Ok well for me when I played this game, I had to repeat events in order to get the stats to get the powers. I got to where Laurie got turned and I turned over Astrid. So I’m wondering where this will go in the next update and how many episodes will this game go to?

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes