4.10 star(s) 194 Votes
Mar 28, 2018
I really enjoy Rebirth and The Bite - and several other games as well. Rebirth is consistent in the sense that is utilises aspects of fantasy lore, myth and legend, both ancient and modern, changing and embellishing in accordance with the writers desires. This is very common practice in fiction writing, and using existing source material is not plagiarism - the verbatim copying of other 'works' is. The story of Rebirth is relatively mature, from which one can draw inferences and verify in game consistence. This is not true for The Bite, which is still in its introduction phase. However; we know almost nothing about any of the characters nor the storyline in The Bite. Hypothesising:- if the MC's sire is a banished ancient powerful vampire (see the Patron thread) then the MC would need to be protected against the prevailing laws - hence Zoe. But this is only a partial solution because Zoe admits that she is not very strong. Now current candidates for physically strong protectors are Runah or Emilia (Runah is beginning to trust the MC and Emilia appears to 'like' the MC at the end of the present update if you told the truth) either of which could be used whilst the MC finds and develops his powers. All people - and vampires, and werewolves, ... etc. lie, even George Washington, so that is a red-herring. However and in addition, most people 'tell the truth' when 'given an offer that they can't refuse'. So I don't really see any inconsistencies. Imo its just too early to make a coherent decision. I expect to continue to enjoy both stories as long as the devs keep producing updates. In future I shall direct all of my The Bite related posts to the correct thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: D3xzalias

GayLord Jesus

Oct 9, 2021
I really enjoy Rebirth and The Bite - and several other games as well. Rebirth is consistent in the sense that is utilises aspects of fantasy lore, myth and legend, both ancient and modern, changing and embellishing in accordance with the writers desires. This is very common practice in fiction writing, and using existing source material is not plagiarism - the verbatim copying of other 'works' is. The story of Rebirth is relatively mature, from which one can draw inferences and verify in game consistence. This is not true for The Bite, which is still in its introduction phase. However; we know almost nothing about any of the characters nor the storyline in The Bite. Hypothesising:- if the MC's sire is a banished ancient powerful vampire (see the Patron thread) then the MC would need to be protected against the prevailing laws - hence Zoe. But this is only a partial solution because Zoe admits that she is not very strong. Now current candidates for physically strong protectors are Runah or Emilia (Runah is beginning to trust the MC and Emilia appears to 'like' the MC at the end of the present update if you told the truth) either of which could be used whilst the MC finds and develops his powers. All people - and vampires, and werewolves, ... etc. lie, even George Washington, so that is a red-herring. However and in addition, most people 'tell the truth' when 'given an offer that they can't refuse'. So I don't really see any inconsistencies. Imo its just too early to make a coherent decision. I expect to continue to enjoy both stories as long as the devs keep producing updates. In future I shall direct all of my The Bite related posts to the correct thread.
Rebirth VN main attraction is its vampire lore shrouded in mystery, as much of the historical or political aspect of this VN plot still remains underutilized or visionary mostly, where story attribute is slow paced. Whether MC is a rebirth, or causing the rebirth of two opposing sisters is just a speculation.
-> Inconsistency in sleeping habits from Ep1 to Ep4, especially Sharon could be seen more evident during MC's transition into a vampire and afterwards.
-> Randomness of stats boost or ability unlock or use varies from scene to scene. Even during last update MC's hearing is shown poor compared to Andrew. Whereas previously it's established that MC has super hearing and smell from ep1 (Astrid rescue), ep3 (Nos hideout, hunter fetch).
The other game plot is plain & modern in comparison at present with some mention of Dracula family members, there the main attraction being the story progress of MC & not other side characters or ancient visionary vampire lore.

worthlesspeon

Jun 10, 2017
With his latest update im not so sure about that anymore. Obvious spoilers if you haven't played the bite don't open it
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Rebirth is way more consistent in story and plot and doesn't jump the plot around as severe as that. For me that just killed that game
Eh I don't think that's a big deal. It's a pretty common trope in many forms of fiction for a potentially powerful protagonist to not actually know how to use their powers with it often manifesting only in times of a great need. It's pretty obvious that eventually that OP will be a force to be reckoned with as far as that world goes, but it's going to take time to get there.

Comparing the two games is difficult since the bite is still in its infancy while this game is pretty far along. My overall impressions are that the bite has much greater potential, but it may not stick the landing. For one, the atmosphere just feels far more alive, you can already tell there's a lot of political machinations going on. While in this game I never got the sense of the broader vampire world having much of an impact on us. I'm also liking the more grounded nature to the mythology (so far) rather than having gods and demigods floating around.

On a non-story note, the renders are far better in Bite than this game.

Reactions: andrew david irving

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Everyone does have their own preferences.
I do not necessarily agree with the political machinations being any more involved in the other story than they are here. In both cases we have fresh and obviously powerful protagonists.
Renders are in the eye of the beholder to a certain extent.
There is a mood that is being set with this game. I actually spoke to Ptolemy about that when we were discussing my desire for Calisto and the MC to actually take the Ursa form instead of just having bear claws and strength etc. There were no bear models that fit the atmosphere that they are going for although a couple of games have renders I have looked into. Of course the renders require new assets which eat into the operating budget. The guys both work regular jobs, as well as work on this game and a couple of other projects including Alexandra. So no bears for Uncle Arigon...
I was actually a little heartbroken about that.

My writing and coding could do the task, but sadly my DAZ skills blow!

IF I do publish a story that is kicking around in the dusty recesses of my hard drive, it will mean shitty renders or I will have to hire an artist lol.

Anyway, to each their own!
Peace

• Sad
Reactions: Carefree247

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Randomness of stats boost or ability unlock or use varies from scene to scene. Even during last update MC's hearing is shown poor compared to Andrew. Whereas previously it's established that MC has super hearing and smell from ep1 (Astrid rescue), ep3 (Nos hideout, hunter fetch).
I always thought these two were implied to be some other esoteric vampiric power at play.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The stat gain is not random. Contrary to popular belief.
The MC has a meta ability of heightened senses, all vampires and some ghouls/thralls have it. Andrew just made his perception roll and the MC failed lol.

Meta abilities implied are -to use VtM terms
Auspex, (Laurie, Andrew, Sharon, MC)Presence(Sharon, MC), Fortitude for (Sharon, Andrew and MC)

Flagrant abilities- Domination-Sharon, Calisto, probably Laurie, possibly MC by the end of the novel.
Bear Claws- MC, Calisto
Potence- MC, Calisto
Whispers- much more potent version of domination and auspex combined- MC and Calisto,
Visions which could be a high level Auspex but more likely just another power- Calisto, Frank, MC
Invisibility-all the Nos, Calisto, MC.
Sorcery-Calisto, Fabian, MC but will need to be trained.
Virgil should have all the abilities that Calisto has, plus some kind of serious disguising MoJo if he is in fact Arcas.

MC was very fast early on and at times recently, probably some Celerity for him and Calisto.
He would not be a fledgling/neonate vampire, he would be a Pretender built on Elysium rules due to Calisto being his sire.

This is all pretty close to what is actually true. Ivy and Laurie both demonstrate a kind of 6th sense at various times as well. Ivy is as far as we know, a perfectly normal human. Laurie was a ghoul/thrall and now a vampire.

It would be very satisfying if Laurie busts out with a shit ton of powers because she drinks every night at Malia's new club lol.
I really am finding myself hoping she gets some cool scenes and better hair!
Peace

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Carefree247

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There is a path to follow. How much you gain in any step is random, but if you do not follow the correct steps you won't get a power.

Dmob_6438

Dec 17, 2020
Ok so when I played this I got the visions, claws, invisibility, whispers and strength but I feel like I’m forgetting one so which power is left that I haven’t unlocked

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
vicious power is the one you are missing
Visions is a freebie
Invisibility, Whispers, Claws, Vicious Power are the 4 unlocked powers- Vicious Power=Strength.
Attributes
Prowess
Stealth
Charisma
The meta abilities are just there as story elements.

So if you have the 4 you have them all.

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
Visions is a freebie
Invisibility, Whispers, Claws, Vicious Power are the 4 unlocked powers- Vicious Power=Strength.
Attributes
Prowess
Stealth
Charisma
The meta abilities are just there as story elements.

So if you have the 4 you have them all.
Ok yeah i thought he was talking about strenght like in prowess as that is the main strength meter

Reactions: Arigon

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Everyone does have their own preferences.
I do not necessarily agree with the political machinations being any more involved in the other story than they are here. In both cases we have fresh and obviously powerful protagonists.
Renders are in the eye of the beholder to a certain extent.
There is a mood that is being set with this game. I actually spoke to Ptolemy about that when we were discussing my desire for Calisto and the MC to actually take the Ursa form instead of just having bear claws and strength etc. There were no bear models that fit the atmosphere that they are going for although a couple of games have renders I have looked into. Of course the renders require new assets which eat into the operating budget. The guys both work regular jobs, as well as work on this game and a couple of other projects including Alexandra. So no bears for Uncle Arigon...
I was actually a little heartbroken about that.

My writing and coding could do the task, but sadly my DAZ skills blow!

IF I do publish a story that is kicking around in the dusty recesses of my hard drive, it will mean shitty renders or I will have to hire an artist lol.

Anyway, to each their own!
Peace
i have recently played the update for freshwomen and there are bears in there! if they can work the light properly it should be doable!

unless you want a girl with bit tits and bear ears... not judging... yeah i am but just not admiting it if its a positive or an otherwise!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
totally agree with you (y) , i felt i had to defend that game a bit because someone compared them. but as you said i also don't want to be disrespectful against the developer by talking about other games in his thread.

the only thing i don't like about rebirth so far is, that i don't like novels where i don't have a say in it. in general i'm no fan of kinetic novels, is the story good fine, but the problem is in adult games that you are forced into (lewd) scenes you maybe don't want to.
There is only one lewd scene you are forced to have. The others are based on your behavior.
The first Calisto semi lewd scene you are embraced.
Mirri- you choose to rape her.
Carmen- if you treat her well, she responds well
Calisto- if you have been a good boy.

No other scenes have been offered yet.
We probably will get some more, not saying that because I have been told, I am just guessing that Sharon will happen, Laurie if alive will happen, and Ivy will happen. I could be wrong. Oh and you Might get to abuse/rape Astrid before you are forced to destroy her if our loving Mistress gives her back to us. I am kind of hoping she slurps her down. That would be amusing. On the other hand, I want to be the one that ends that cunt.

Peace y'all

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes