4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nice update but bit stalling, mc had sex so that's plus. plan will be hard to sell to mommy dearest.

also if they move back then what happens to astrid? she wasn't even mentioned on no astrid to mommy for travelling snack.

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Kinda strange how Carmen finds out about the "Night Lioness" and proceeds to watch the Lion King because it always gives her comfort.

From the moment she came into the story i always thought of her as a lioness. Not even kidding. My last gf had hair like that and i would call her my amazonian lioness. So it struck a chord.

But I mean, her hair is quite lioness.

2022-09-27 15_27_49-Rebirth episode 4.png

That's not to say i'm implying she is the ancient (or descendent) ... Or am I? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nulldev

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
Sorry for the totally dumb question but i read the last 5-6 pages of the thread and i didn't find any changelog/info about that... Update 7 ends chapter 4 or not? I kinda like play games like this in "big steps" so i will wait a bit more if this release doesn't leads to a new chapter.

lqpmaz

Jul 25, 2021
Sorry for the totally dumb question but i read the last 5-6 pages of the thread and i didn't find any changelog/info about that... Update 7 ends chapter 4 or not? I kinda like play games like this in "big steps" so i will wait a bit more if this release doesn't leads to a new chapter.
No doesn't have end of chapter most end of chapter release will say version 1 or 2 depending on who leaks it a 10$ or 5$ after fixes are done

• Red Heart
Reactions: anminter17

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Ok, so... I have no idea what's up with LB, but occasionally when I think the update is short or ends abruptly I go to check the images folder.

He made images, and included them in the release, for scenes concerning Laurie/Gregory/Carmen, Astrid in the basement and one back in office with Sharon that didn't get used in the release. I mean, I get maybe wanting to make a certain date for the update, but honestly writing 3 scenes would have only taken maybe 3 or 4 hours between writing, coding and testing. It just seems like a waste to have the renders done and not use them.

Reactions: Nulldev

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Ok, so... I have no idea what's up with LB, but occasionally when I think the update is short or ends abruptly I go to check the images folder.

He made images, and included them in the release, for scenes concerning Laurie/Gregory/Carmen, Astrid in the basement and one back in office with Sharon that didn't get used in the release. I mean, I get maybe wanting to make a certain date for the update, but honestly writing 3 scenes would have only taken maybe 3 or 4 hours between writing, coding and testing. It just seems like a waste to have the renders done and not use them.
There are missing/swapped/out of place CGs, too. Nothing unusual, but it's worse than usual, this time.

Honestly, they might use a few more testing days before release, I guess.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
so...there might be a way to get the dagger while keeping astrid...good.
yea i think dev chose fuck astrid path since on keep astrid path mc thinks about getting dagger (dunno what he thought on fuck astrid path since played that with skip).

still no astrid mentioned at all on this update hints that dev has forgot her.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
It's weird how she had to be watched day and night at first and now they just leave her alone, while everybody goes to the city. They even left her thrall with her afair.
It's also weird how they're casually roaming around with Carmen the vampire hunter, when it was such a big deal that small little Laurie and Ivy had to be thralled right away.
It's also also weird how everybody but her bff notices that Laurie isn't alright.

They seem to struggle a bit with connecting the individual plot points.

• Haha
Reactions: PapaSnabes1 and cxx

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
It's weird how she had to be watched day and night at first and now they just leave her alone, while everybody goes to the city. They even left her thrall with her afair.
It's also weird how they're casually roaming around with Carmen the vampire hunter, when it was such a big deal that small little Laurie and Ivy had to be thralled right away.
It's also also weird how everybody but her bff notices that Laurie isn't alright.

They seem to struggle a bit with connecting the individual plot points.
Welcome to the wonderful world of artistic license. where dose it say it must make sense. Besides Laurie is a flake , Ivy is a wallflower. Carmen though is something different altogether. Besides the MC has already looked into her mind something that he has not done tp any of the others. in the house. He see''s Carmen devoted to Gregor's well being and that loyalty is what allows her more latitude in the house. Now the situation with Carmen pointing out that Laurie isn't right is just par for the course the MC really has a need to improve his empathy.

Reactions: PapaSnabes1

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
yea i think dev chose fuck astrid path since on keep astrid path mc thinks about getting dagger (dunno what he thought on fuck astrid path since played that with skip).

No Astrid will find her blood on that blade that the MC has. Remember that it needed to be coated with blood filled with Malice and that fits Astrid to a tee.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
Welcome to the wonderful world of artistic license. where dose it say it must make sense.
I feel like stories that make sense are more fun, because they're easier to immerse into.
Besides Laurie is a flake , Ivy is a wallflower. Carmen though is something different altogether. Besides the MC has already looked into her mind something that he has not done tp any of the others. in the house. He see''s Carmen devoted to Gregor's well being and that loyalty is what allows her more latitude in the house.
I always thought thralling Laurie and Ivy was more about optics. Laurie had to be thralled because she was under Marcius influence as the archon. Carmen didn't have to be thralled, because Sharon became the archon of Scottstown. Ivy had to be thralled, because Markus wanted to meet her.
But now taking Carmen back to the city and letting her communicate with other hunters is suddenly a risk they're willing to take without thralling her, even though they're in direct contact with vampires much more powerful than Marcius.
Now the situation with Carmen pointing out that Laurie isn't right is just par for the course the MC really has a need to improve his empathy.
I just don't get why Laurie had to be introduced as the bff since childhood, even hinting at romantic inclinations, when her role doesn't really reflect that. Kinda makes the introduction seem redundant.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It's weird how she had to be watched day and night at first and now they just leave her alone, while everybody goes to the city.

1. yea it is just weird.
2. well laurie and ivy had to be thralled due them knowing too much, don't remember if lords of vampires met carmen and her friend.
3. well laurie was weird even before turning so mc thought it was just that.

No Astrid will find her blood on that blade that the MC has. Remember that it needed to be coated with blood filled with Malice and that fits Astrid to a tee.
i thought it needs to be coated with old vampire's blood.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Why enthrall Carmen:unsure:

I think and I may be wrong but you could say that Carmen is a special case.
She may of been a Vampire Hunter and she did take part in hunting the MC.
And despite most resently having had a perfect chance to end the MC she hasn't done so.

"Ah but then She wouldn't dare because of Gregor"
Really she's a Vampire Hunter if She wanted she would especially since She knows where they are She knows the layout, numbers what to expect to find there.
She also has a full day maybe two before Sharon finds out.
Inorder to gather her friends and suprise attack Sharons base to try and recover Gregor and yet she dosen't

Although she is not fully trusted She has proved herself to be not only be usefull and yet despite her comments sometimes actually willing to help.
She is quick witted, inteligent and world savy and when needed capable of entralling others especially men.
Even without the use of same powers vampires have or its side effect.
So why enthrall her and run the risk of making her less usefull.

Carman has seen for herself that the MC and Sharon arn't the bloodthirst vampires she believed all their kind to be.
I think it has been realised by both herself, the MC and Sharon that there are far worse Vampires and other things out there.
And She and Gregor are far safer with the MC and Sharon than without.

I think she is aware that if the others find out about what she was both she and Gregor are dead meat.
And the only thing stopping that sofar are MC and Sharon plus she has seen what others like Astrid can and will do to the likes of her and gregor even if they don't kill them.
On top of which despite herself she seems to have developed a thing for the MC so for her atleast it probably Better a Devil you know sort of thing.

As for the MC and Sharon I really don't think they consider Carmen a real threat anymore.

But I been wrong before what would I know since i'm neither a Vampire Hunter or a Vampire.

Just Sayin

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
As for the MC and Sharon I really don't think they consider Carmen a real threat anymore.
I don't think the MC and Sharon ever considered Laurie and Ivy a threat either. They got thralled more so for their own protection against other vampires. Now imagine what these other vampires would do to Sharon, if they knew that she's harbouring vampire hunters.

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
I don't think the MC and Sharon ever considered Laurie and Ivy a threat either. They got thralled more so for their own protection against other vampires. Now imagine what these other vampires would do to Sharon, if they knew that she's harbouring vampire hunters.
Since you choose to focus on that point If I remember correctly Laurrie and later Ivy were already known to the other Vampires.
And I believe the reason given was leaving them unthralled risked Vampire Exposure.

Carman was part of the Vampire Hunters and they already know about Vampires.
Have done for hundreds if not thousands of years and aparently are not telling the rest of the world.

Carman is not as far as anyone knows yet known to anyone out side the MC's circle.
And even If she was thralled once she was known about it would not help either the MC or Sharon.
The other Vampires wouldn't care or except her to still breathing even if she was thralled.
So MC and Sharon are screwed either way.
Her being thralled would not benefit her or them against the other Vampires.

Just her being Vampire Hunter alone would mean either instant death or at the very least she would end up like Gregor.
Thralled or not aint gonna save her or them so again whats the point in thralling her at all?.

P.S.there was two exception to that circle Astrid who may know but for what ever reason chooses not to tell.
And Calisto who may of fed on Carman but doesn't seems aware she fed on a Vampire Hunter.

Just Sayin.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: JenusKudo
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes