4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
(The're probably all going to die (again) because the MC is kind of a dumdum :unsure:)
well he is but not totally and after he kills that ancient (even older than mommy) vampire his road is paved to be a king.

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
I wonder, if the MC's threehead is even intentional, because he still gets put in charge of everything despite never proving himself even once. The lack of self-awareness, when he acts all edgy and talks in short one-liners never explaining himself kind of reminds me of infamous fanfics like "My Immortal".
How could MC prove anything when he became vampire couple of weeks before? He is just talented rookie who was put into do or die situation.
I don't think that Rebirth(or just about any VN) is as bad as "My Immortal". I mean even though My Immortal is just a fanfic it has it's own Wikipedia page telling how shitty it is.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think that Rebirth(or just about any VN) is as bad as "My Immortal". I mean even though My Immortal is just a fanfic it has it's own Wikipedia page telling how shitty it is.
I was more so talking about the lack of self-awareness. Some would say that this makes the game bad and some would say that it has its charm. Just like you could say that My Immortal is a "classic" with its own Wikipedia entry.

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
I was more so talking about the lack of self-awareness.
Self-awareness in this case doesn't matter. MC needs to kill ancient in the cave or he will be killed. Calisto wants somebody to die and somebody will die soon. There is no time for preparations. There is only one way, kill or be killed.

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
another short update with no choices or barely any story progression.

and now the dev said this is gonna be the last update for like 2 or 3 months so this is what we get...

welp whatever.

just hope after the break the story can progress and these 6 minutes updates can get longer.

thinking about waiting a year then coming back to this because my drive is dead to play this for now.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
I usually just follow the story and don't sweat it, but I thought this update has a gigantic missed opportunity.

That scene after Laurie's feeding should have actually had impact. The background work was done already, damnit.

Instead of the incredibly lame, "Hurr, better than sex," they could have used that time spent earlier in the story where Sharon imparted to MC how feeding should be to satisfy a necessity and never something embarked upon frivolously. There were a lot of lines of dialog about this - Sharon is extremely ascetic about feeding and that's how she taught her charge. That's the way she should be instructing Laurie as well. And whether the lesson comes from Sharon directly or MC relating his experience with her, it helps get the story out of this bizarre brain lock Laurie has where she can only act like an 8 year old around Sharon.

That was just a big missed opportunity.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
this is becoming a joke, really!! what's the matter of this short and pointless updates?? not going further with the story, not revelling any secret, not interesting thing to see...same family shanigans...this stalling becoming really upsetting to me. and cmon...10 minuts gameplay updates...really?? bah..i'm loosing interest after every "update"

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
another short update with no choices or barely any story progression.

and now the dev said this is gonna be the last update for like 2 or 3 months so this is what we get...

welp whatever.

just hope after the break the story can progress and these 6 minutes updates can get longer.

thinking about waiting a year then coming back to this because my drive is dead to play this for now.
what??? he really said that?? after last 3 updates are 10 minuts pointless thing?? bah..i'm really pissed and sorry cuz this game was 1 of my fav..but now it becoming a joke and a milking money thing.

DaimonFey

Oct 28, 2021
what??? he really said that?? after last 3 updates are 10 minuts pointless thing?? bah..i'm really pissed and sorry cuz this game was 1 of my fav..but now it becoming a joke and a milking money thing.
Yeah those short updates are annoying but if I remember correctly dev is going to pause payments in december because he is planning to rest.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
The funny thing is: this update was a bigger one then the usuals. But because of the game routes it now feels short. This one was actually almost completely devided into two playthroughs: with or without Laurie. And also the major visit had even three routes because of your main skill.

Also here you get every month (except Dec.) an update. So compared to the maybe bigger, but way less often updated other games you get probably the same content or even more per year. So for some I actually recommend to skip some updates to get also the desired bigger releases like they are used from other games.

About the pause: the devs doing that in the December since the game started, so nothing new. And as said they pause also the Patreon payments, too. Well, there are quite some other devs who wouldn't do that...

Jul 17, 2020
episode 1 Win/Linux needs better mirrors i can't use mega, uploadhaven is missing the file, Racity gets blocked by browser as virus/malware, nopy has been dead since they went EOL
edit nvm it seems virus/malware alert is a false positive tied to several 7.3.X renpy engine versions (false positive within renpy SDK Distribution itself)

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So is there a way for the MC to save Sharon
Is there any need to save Sharon? :p I mean, sure, she is dead and can never see the sun again, but she was there even before the MC was turned.
is it boss lady saves her or death?
Yes, it can be the boss lady who will "save" here. If you mean Laurie and no, you can't really, really save here. You can only choice between final death and turning her.

Sharktopus13

Aug 3, 2021
I didn't know about the other path.
Even though Rebirth feels more like a Kinetic Novel, every choice has the potential to change something or someone in the game.
In my first play through up to ch4 up7 I ended up with 5 powers, second time only 3.

theoffkilter

Jan 28, 2018
I usually just follow the story and don't sweat it, but I thought this update has a gigantic missed opportunity.

That scene after Laurie's feeding should have actually had impact. The background work was done already, damnit.

Instead of the incredibly lame, "Hurr, better than sex," they could have used that time spent earlier in the story where Sharon imparted to MC how feeding should be to satisfy a necessity and never something embarked upon frivolously. There were a lot of lines of dialog about this - Sharon is extremely ascetic about feeding and that's how she taught her charge. That's the way she should be instructing Laurie as well. And whether the lesson comes from Sharon directly or MC relating his experience with her, it helps get the story out of this bizarre brain lock Laurie has where she can only act like an 8 year old around Sharon.

That was just a big missed opportunity.
The dialog in this episode so far is just insanely low par compared to the previous ones in general. So many good storytelling moments wasted and the MC suddenly acting like a dick and a cocky idiot too.

Reactions: Aelgwenn

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Just wondering if any Vampire the masquerade fans have any opinions about Calisto, and the sleeping elder.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There were a lot of discussions about that theme, if you're curious about it you should search for some posts of Arigon, he is quite knowledgeable in that regard and has written a lot of in depth posts + in contact with the dev.

If we use VTM generations for classification
Calisto is pretty much confirmed 4th gen, being several thausands years old.
The twins 'sleeping elders' are somewhere beetwen 1-3 gen, many theories tend towards them possible being 1st gen. Either way they are god class, mind you Caine doesn't exist here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhai and c3p0
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes