4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I am of the opinion that this next episode will start the last chapter, that would be #5. This is where the MC will Kick Butt.

Did you notice the confidence that the MC had when he was told that he would fight Marcius... He didn't flinch. Seems fighting an Ancient kind of boosted his confidence. Anyone want to venture a guess as to where Virgil is hiding. When he hears of the conflict between Marcius and the MC he will only have heard of the fight second hand and after the fact. This will further increase his attempts to uncover who the MC's Sire is. This battle will be performed in front of all the City Archons except Sharon who is left at home babysitting the children. After this battle the MC will be looked at in a different way.

I'm trying to keep Aragon's legacy alive here.

theoffkilter

Jan 28, 2018
I am of the opinion that this next episode will start the last chapter, that would be #5. This is where the MC will Kick Butt.

Did you notice the confidence that the MC had when he was told that he would fight Marcius... He didn't flinch. Seems fighting an Ancient kind of boosted his confidence. Anyone want to venture a guess as to where Virgil is hiding. When he hears of the conflict between Marcius and the MC he will only have heard of the fight second hand and after the fact. This will further increase his attempts to uncover who the MC's Sire is. This battle will be performed in front of all the City Archons except Sharon who is left at home babysitting the children. After this battle the MC will be looked at in a different way.

I'm trying to keep Aragon's legacy alive here.
Ive actually liked the MC's behavior less and less over the last few updates. Hes more arrogant and not really listening to the people he proclaims to care about or theyre legitimate concerns about damn near anything. I swear if I have to see one more " Ive got this" Or "Ill handle this" or something similar while admitting hes got no idea what to do and apparently just with a few kisses on the forehead and a lay will smooth over stepping over his girl's toes and lying to her Ill just stop playing. Its become very annoying. Sharon of previous episodes would not have acted like that at all. Thats like some kids perception of how that would go down which is unusual considering how intelligent and well thought out the characters and writing have been up until those points.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed unofficial Android ports of:

Rebirth EP1 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP2 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP3 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Rebirth EP4 update 10 with Zoey Raven walkthrough.
Mega

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

To move from EP1 to EP2 go to storage/SDcard Wills747/rebirth.ep1 (or rebirth.ep2) and copy RebirthP1.renpy.org into Wills747/rebirth.ep2 folder
To move from EP2 to EP3 go to storage/SDcard Wills747/rebirth.ep2 and copy RebirthP1.renpy.org AND RebirthP2.renpy.org into Documents/Wills747/rebirth.ep3 folder
To move from Ep3 to Ep4, I will move the files for you.
Updated my Android port to Ep4 Update 10

Reactions: Ibndogs

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Ive actually liked the MC's behavior less and less over the last few updates. Hes more arrogant and not really listening to the people he proclaims to care about or theyre legitimate concerns about damn near anything. I swear if I have to see one more " Ive got this" Or "Ill handle this" or something similar while admitting hes got no idea what to do and apparently just with a few kisses on the forehead and a lay will smooth over stepping over his girl's toes and lying to her Ill just stop playing. Its become very annoying. Sharon of previous episodes would not have acted like that at all. Thats like some kids perception of how that would go down which is unusual considering how intelligent and well thought out the characters and writing have been up until those points.
You re right in the fact that our MC is being a bit more Avant-garde in his dealings with Sharon. If you noticed the change, when did you perceive it. It was right after the run-in with the Ancient and talking to Mommy wasn't it? (at that point his Butt was on the line), that and those he loved as well. At that point he stopped taking orders and started giving them. Sharon has no idea how to deal with an Ancient, let alone the danger from Marcius. She wasn't there when the mandate was given from Mommy so she doesn't understand the ultimatum that was given to the MC. This task was given to him and him alone, as well as the ongoing threat that comes from Astrid and Marcius with Eloise included. So in fine Alpha fashion he put on his big boy pants and has become Sharon's protector... Yes he is the De-facto Archon here not unlike the situation between the Princeps and Vergil. He must do the things that Sharon won't or can't do to in order to protect them. If that means that He must step on toes so be it. He will either have to ascend or Die. This he dose only to protect the one's that he loves.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Another thing of note, Both the MC and Sharon have exchanged blood three times together. In the Vampire world that is as close to marriage as you can get. The two are bonded together and as such he became the head of that union. The lie's that you state are meant to ether protect or give plausible deniability to Sharon.

Reactions: Temuu and Alphaeboy

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
You re right in the fact that our MC is being a bit more Avant-garde in his dealings with Sharon. If you noticed the change, when did you perceive it. It was right after the run-in with the Ancient and talking to Mommy wasn't it? (at that point his Butt was on the line), that and those he loved as well. At that point he stopped taking orders and started giving them. Sharon has no idea how to deal with an Ancient, let alone the danger from Marcius. She wasn't there when the mandate was given from Mommy so she doesn't understand the ultimatum that was given to the MC. This task was given to him and him alone, as well as the ongoing threat that comes from Astrid and Marcius with Eloise included. So in fine Alpha fashion he put on his big boy pants and has become Sharon's protector... Yes he is the De-facto Archon here not unlike the situation between the Princeps and Vergil. He must do the things that Sharon won't or can't do to in order to protect them. If that means that He must step on toes so be it. He will either have to ascend or Die. This he dose only to protect the one's that he loves.
None of that is an excuse to completely cut out Sharon from what he does. The real reason imo why he is acting like this is because he is in a near panic state from the pressure of dealing with the Ancient. So he acts on impulse and stops caring about what others think.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
None of that is an excuse to completely cut out Sharon from what he does. The real reason imo why he is acting like this is because he is in a near panic state from the pressure of dealing with the Ancient. So he acts on impulse and stops caring about what others think.
I'm not even sure it's that deep. We already know that he's vampire Gary Stu, so what's the worst Marcius could do, really? I don't think there's anything more to it than establishing the PC as the manly man with the pants on. But infantilizing Sharon in the process is just weird vibes. It's like a maledom harem game just without fap fest.
Sharon's dealt with Marcius before and she knows vampire customs better than the PC, so why wouldn't her concerns be legitimate? The only reason why the PC doesn't confide in Sharon is, because she wouldn't immediately agree to everything he says and we can't have that for some reason. So all she gets is a head pat and it's back to the kitchen paperwork for her.

Why would Sharon ever trust the PC again, when it seems like he himself would rather trust in club lady than Sharon? It's like Sharon's role got reduced to considering herself lucky to be the PC's chosen woman.
It would actually be pretty awesome writing, if betraying Sharon was left up to player's choice and had consequences. Instead it got handwaved away, so the PC can have his submissive harem.

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
I'm not even sure it's that deep. We already know that he's vampire Gary Stu, so what's the worst Marcius could do, really? I don't think there's anything more to it than establishing the PC as the manly man with the pants on. But infantilizing Sharon in the process is just weird vibes. It's like a maledom harem game just without fap fest.
Sharon's dealt with Marcius before and she knows vampire customs better than the PC, so why wouldn't her concerns be legitimate? The only reason why the PC doesn't confide in Sharon is, because she wouldn't immediately agree to everything he says and we can't have that for some reason. So all she gets is a head pat and it's back to the kitchen paperwork for her.

Why would Sharon ever trust the PC again, when it seems like he himself would rather trust in club lady than Sharon? It's like Sharon's role got reduced to considering herself lucky to be the PC's chosen woman.
It would actually be pretty awesome writing, if betraying Sharon was left up to player's choice and had consequences. Instead it got handwaved away, so the PC can have his submissive harem.
Shouldn't that be changed
I have not started this game
I believe what you write
I'm dying to play this game

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019

You want to conclude that the Dev's don't take into account the deeper motivations of interpersonal dynamics, when in fact this whole novel is laced with it. To say that it's not that deep is an opinion that I personally can't agree with.

First Marcius could do a lot... Sharon was in the beginning a bit of a Pollyanna wallflower. Marcius wanted her. his desire was obvious with the scene at the court in his attempt to thrall her to him. Add Jealousy to the mix that someone who after screwing up under a previous Archon would be elevated to a position of Archon herself. Astrid wanted to Subjugate the MC for herself in an attempt to strike at Sharon as she hates her. Eloise considers Sharon unfit for her position and as such desires to dislodge Sharon from her office hoping to usurp her. Those three working together if given time would do unthinkable harm to our couple.

Your right to conclude that Sharon wouldn't agree with much of what the MC is doing right now. In effect he is going to war, What loved one would openly allow someone whom was loved to just go. The MC knows she hasn't the stomach for much of what needs to be done. and He realizes the danger in what he is doing. You notice that Sharon is not invited to the Court proceedings. He counted on that for her protection. (The MC knows that this will end in one way only, in combat) from interference from her, or the fallout from him. Deep down she knows that what is being done is right she just doesn't like it. When the MC sent Astrid to Calisto wouldn't you expect more of an angry confrontation to what the MC did if she thought that course of action was wrong. Likewise the confrontation with Marcius... She is more worried about the MC's health than protocol, that is what is really driving her action, not that deep down she thinks that he is wrong.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
If you noticed in my last reply all three are openly against not the MC as much as Sharon. You are right the MC can take care of himself. If he was motivated by self preservation why would he go through all this, the fact is he is not. In fact he is not worried by what they could do to him in as much as what damage they could do to her. The MC is Sharons Champion and is there for her protection and to fight her battles for her.

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
If you noticed in my last reply all three are openly against not the MC as much as Sharon. You are right the MC can take care of himself. If he was motivated by self preservation why would he go through all this, the fact is he is not. In fact he is not worried by what they could do to him in as much as what damage they could do to her. The MC is Sharons Champion and is there for her protection and to fight her battles for her.
If I experience unpleasant things then I will say it in a nice way

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
The MC is Sharons Champion and is there for her protection and to fight her battles for her.
The logical continuation of that, that MC has already gone a *far* way into:
... and to make all decisions for her because obviously she can't be trusted to make her own decisions.
... and to lock her up in the house. For her protection of course. Outside of the house is dangerous.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
Being a contrarian in and of it's own right is fine. You see things in a different light. I wouldn't expect everyone to hold my opinion.

Reactions: D3xzalias

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
You have to remember MC is doing all this out of self preservation. His Vampire mommy only wants one thing of him and that is entertainment. If he can't entertain her, He is of no use to her (something she said herself). Him not showing that he cares about these people is a ruse to protect them. He even in this episode protected sharon from the Princeps. If he had told the princeps Sharon knew of the landlady being influenced by Marcius, It would've cost Sharon her head. He also keeps Laurie in the dark about most things just to protect her. So don't say he stopped caring

The writers know what they are doing

dantes1830

Sep 20, 2021
i think that bottle wasn't filled just with blood.
I think it was laced with something to make MC more susceptible to her. Maybe her blood?

The fight above saying Sharon lost her agency. I'm trying to figure the odds on Sharon bringing Astrid's starved ass and busting into the trial like higher stakes Matlock, for those that didn't give her away.

• Haha
Reactions: Triple OG

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
I think it was laced with something to make MC more susceptible to her. Maybe her blood?

The fight above saying Sharon lost her agency. I'm trying to figure the odds on Sharon bringing Astrid's starved ass and busting into the trial like higher stakes Matlock, for those that didn't give her away.
Both have taken blood from each other 3 times meaning they are enthralled to each other It wouldn't matter what was in that blood it wouldn't change a thing. They effectively are married, and as such the MC wears the pants so to speak, She has the Tittle but he runs the house. HeHe.

elbro

Nov 22, 2020
Is me the only one miss some progression in powers? No combat, no risk, no development of ability, plot of the game is ok but the action is going down, this last update feel like a Kinect novel, I want to select decision and the MC have more personal growth, also Sharon is a very simple character now, she easy forgive, she is not a figure of respect and fear like she was in early chapter, is like she is dummy now.

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes