4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
I just checked and the stats are correctly set to "senses" and "VS" to "True" ... I don't seem to have the problem that you mention. If you wish you can always use the console to set them anyway...
Well, i do know, that - at some point - i had saves, where all values were imported correctly. So i downloaded every update of Ep 5, that is still available (down to Upd. 3). And in each version the values are missing. :unsure:

Python:
            global ivs
            global laurielives
            global ep4fabian
            global ep4part4fab
            global danins
            global lbstart
            global fought
            global ephemerality
            global powerup
            #global VS and global senses are missing

#[...]

ivs = load_dict [ 46 ]
            laurielives = load_dict [ 47 ]
            ep4fabian = load_dict [ 48 ]
            ep4part4fab = load_dict [ 49 ]
            danins = load_dict [ 50 ]
            lbstart = load_dict [ 51 ]
            fought = load_dict [ 52 ]
            ephemerality = load_dict [ 53 ]
            powerup = load_dict [ 54 ]

return
        #again: VS = load_dict [ 55 ] and senses = load_dict [ 56 ]
Wtf is wrong with me or my computer?

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Well, i do know, that - at some point - i had saves, where all values were imported correctly. So i downloaded every update of Ep 5, that is still available (down to Upd. 3). And in each version the values are missing. :unsure:

Python:
            global ivs
            global laurielives
            global ep4fabian
            global ep4part4fab
            global danins
            global lbstart
            global fought
            global ephemerality
            global powerup
            #global VS and global senses are missing

#[...]

ivs = load_dict [ 46 ]
            laurielives = load_dict [ 47 ]
            ep4fabian = load_dict [ 48 ]
            ep4part4fab = load_dict [ 49 ]
            danins = load_dict [ 50 ]
            lbstart = load_dict [ 51 ]
            fought = load_dict [ 52 ]
            ephemerality = load_dict [ 53 ]
            powerup = load_dict [ 54 ]

return
        #again: VS = load_dict [ 55 ] and senses = load_dict [ 56 ]
Wtf is wrong with me or my computer?
Hi. Seems both variables are not used anymore with Ep5. They got checked last time for the fight in EP4/11 (with a possible bad end).

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Because the updates tend to be small I usually wait for several before playing again.
I finally got caught up and to my surprise, Astrid showed up.
I gave her to Calisto and Astrid died back in whatever episode that happened.

???
well game is bugged "a bit", if mc didn't give astrid to mommy then he drained cindy who surprise surprise is "alive" and well.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi

Here it is.
Recieved no bug reports so far. So, I assume everything is good.
Hope everyone enjoys it. And we'll start work on the next update tomorrow.
Links:
---

Best regards
Likesblondes

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Not sure why Cindy should not be alive? I don't remember any scene where she died actually.
don't mind that, for some reason in the recent updates cxx started to think that Cindy dies if you don't give Astrid to Callisto. even though there's nothing in script or images that would mention it. and he even posted screenshots from the scene where Astrid dies, which is where I think all confusion comes from, and alternate scene where Cindy looks as alive as she normally does back in March. I think he's been spending too much time in a cave and started talking nonsense like they all do

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Just started playing this and finished part 1, am i worng to assume this is purely a kinetic storyline?

I really hate kinetic games but no tag so though it wouldent be, but to me MC feels more like a thrall that you have no controle over and a forced relationship with the vamp girl even when you pick all options to not kiss or touch her MC just keeps doing it anyway, so it really just feel all kinetic to me.

I dont mind the low number of sex scenes, it does feel a bit wierd for a AVN but if story is good it dosent really matter much, but i am already starting to dislike how MC is acting, not careing much about hes old friend and thinks of humans as food and wanting to kill them, just feels off to how he started out to be.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Just started playing this and finished part 1, am i worng to assume this is purely a kinetic storyline?
Going with the official tag definition:
  • Kinetic Novel [Used when a a visual novel style game presents the player with no choices.]
You're wrong, as the game gives you choice. As previously written here, the choice are very few and have little impact on the story, yet Laurie is of the few ones that the choice will have an impact.

Reactions: Meushi

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Going with the official tag definition:

You're wrong, as the game gives you choice. As previously written here, the choice are very few and have little impact on the story, yet Laurie is of the few ones that the choice will have an impact.
So it is mostly kinetic, was affride of that but thank you for the info.

Tag should really be there in my eyes, since a fake choice that has no effect is not really a choice, and if there is only one or two choices that has an effect and only in a small way or dosent effect the main story then it would still make it a kinetic main story, atleast in my eyes :)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
So it is mostly kinetic, was affride of that but thank you for the info.

Tag should really be there in my eyes, since a fake choice that has no effect is not really a choice, and if there is only one or two choices that has an effect and only in a small way or dosent effect the main story then it would still make it a kinetic main story, atleast in my eyes :)
To quote for my own post:
yet Laurie is of the few ones that the choice will have an impact.
This alone (as well with similar choice) make it definitive not a kinetic novel. As also it has choice - not many, not many deep, but is has - makes this game, according to the site tag definition, not valid for the kinetic novel tag. If it is kinetic novel for you, maybe, but not for this site defintion and that is the only defintion we all shall used on this site for tagging.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Kinetic tag does definitely not fit here. And there are way more important choices in the game. You even had already bad game endings in I think EP4 with wrong made choices from the early chapters. Not to forget Astrid or Merrick.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
To quote for my own post:

This alone (as well with similar choice) make it definitive not a kinetic novel. As also it has choice - not many, not many deep, but is has - makes this game, according to the site tag definition, not valid for the kinetic novel tag. If it is kinetic novel for you, maybe, but not for this site defintion and that is the only defintion we all shall used on this site for tagging.
Maybe, it wont warrent the tag, but to me it is way way to kinetic to play, in most VNs where it has choices you get to atleast pick who you want to have sex with, but you dont even get that option in this game and once i got to chapter 3 and saw who the first person he has sex with, i just lost all respect for the game, she would proberly be one of the last ones i would expect, and just couldent make sense of it, since he has barely had more then a few talks with her, and considering how bad he wants Sharon, i just dont get it.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Maybe, it wont warrent the tag, but to me it is way way to kinetic to play, in most VNs where it has choices you get to atleast pick who you want to have sex with, but you dont even get that option in this game and once i got to chapter 3 and saw who the first person he has sex with, i just lost all respect for the game, she would proberly be one of the last ones i would expect, and just couldent make sense of it, since he has barely had more then a few talks with her, and considering how bad he wants Sharon, i just dont get it.
Well, in Ep3 the only meaningfull sex scene was with Carmen. And there you definitely had the choice to refuse her. Also in EP2 with the police officer. Seems you made wrong choices...

Reactions: Blaisdale

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Well, in Ep3 the only meaningfull sex scene was with Carmen. And there you definitely had the choice to refuse her. Also in EP2 with the police officer. Seems you made wrong choices...
Refuse her how? i was given 0 choices in the bathroom, dont recall an option in ep2 but guess there could have been something just dosent ring a bell that anything in EP2 should lead to sex with Carmen.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Refuse her how? i was given 0 choices in the bathroom, dont recall an option in ep2 but guess there could have been something just dosent ring a bell that anything in EP2 should lead to sex with Carmen.
I checked for my post, there was with both characters choices to avoid the scenes. For Carmen you had to do it before that scene though, then you got this (and with sending her to bed you avoided the sex scene with her):
screenshot0003.png
So again, the game has maybe few choices, but they are quite meaningfull and have impact in the game sometimes even later on in upcoming episodes.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
I checked for my post, there was with both characters choices to avoid the scenes. For Carmen you had to do it before that scene though, then you got this (and with sending her to bed you avoided the sex scene with her):
View attachment 3044987
So again, the game has maybe few choices, but they are quite meaningfull and have impact in the game sometimes even later on in upcoming episodes.
Thanks for the info, i do remember that scene and i know i picked comfort her, dident really expect being a little nice at that point would lead to sex with her later, shows ya gotta be an asshole to be safe i guess lol
But thanks for looking it up, its nice to know you can avoid it, since it really made no sense to me considering the other much better options.

Reactions: J.R.

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
The real choices are what to do with Carmen and Astrid plus Laurie, rest is scripted and irrelevant really (beside gaining or not useless powers). I agree they are quite meaningful but imo the story lacks of less meaningful decisions yet still noticeable like taking more control of relations with others, more freedom in dialogues to decide if you either like someone or not resulting different interactions and outcomes.

Devs decided to just go scripted way and it is ok, but with some more effort they could make it more complex and much more interesting. Take Cindy for example, we could make her more likable, we could use our powers in dialogues, we could try to manipulate her or use force, that could result in proper Calisto reaction based oh her attitude towards MC which then could result of she either is willing to help us, have sex and being nice overall or being bitchy and aggressive. That is just a simple example but you get my point here. Same goes with Malia, Fabian or even Eloise. Dialogues options are irrelevant really so no matter how interesting characters they might be, they are plain simple if you have no choice of how you can interact with them.

And what I mentioned is impossible to fix now since it is just a bad game design from the start. To implement relation variables the whole game would have to be remade, dialogues included so what I hope for is that the next game devs will do, they will do better job here because story and dialogues itself are really good and interesting most of the time so there is much potential in there. Most of games here are lack of it, offering just good renders and sex scenes (everyone with powerful PC can do that) but writing a good story is something where you need at least some talent and real skill.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes