4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I was just going to say the same thing. At first, I thought that this slow pace was because of the small and often upgrades, but the author clearly struggles to move the story forward at this point.

The fact that in this game most of the characters are not very likeable doesn't help either. I dunno what happened, Sharon and the MC were pretty great in the beginning, but after Sharon was made Archon it was only downhill from there. Maybe the dev changed the writer, and the new guy/gal has a different vision of how these people should behave?

The character that I genuinely like and that I am rooting for is Carmen. Hopefully, we'll see more of her in the future.
Still the same writer (PTOLEMLY)...still the same team...nothing has changed, as evidenced in the direction Rebirth is heading.

Johan_0000

Apr 14, 2023
Rebirth [Ep.5 Update 6] [LikesBlondes](2.04 GB rar pc source)
138 MB rar unofficial pc compressed (reduced image/video/sounds quality): WORKUPLOAD PIXELDRAIN
done by Cruncher v0.4.1 (BAS@f95zone)

note 1: removed some side images/avatars, transparent text box and removed trademark rose as a textbox background.
note 2: as usual there are some typos in the script ("and" instead of "an" etc.) - didnt touch those aka script files are intact.
You sure you didn't mean update 7? lol

Malicre

Oct 23, 2018
I was just going to say the same thing. At first, I thought that this slow pace was because of the small and often upgrades, but the author clearly struggles to move the story forward at this point.

The fact that in this game most of the characters are not very likeable doesn't help either. I dunno what happened, Sharon and the MC were pretty great in the beginning, but after Sharon was made Archon it was only downhill from there. Maybe the dev changed the writer, and the new guy/gal has a different vision of how these people should behave?

The character that I genuinely like and that I am rooting for is Carmen. Hopefully, we'll see more of her in the future.
Lol it's crazy how similar we are. I also haven't played much rebirth since Sharon became archon. i just can't stand her character anymore and Carmen has always been the best female character in the game since her introduction. Sadly this game is about Sharon and the MC and once you realize that the game kinda loses its appeal.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Haven't played the game or even looked at this thread since ep 3 update 6 and man... these comments are making me not even wanna pick is back up. I was waiting until there was a substantial amount of good content, but it's looking like my expectations were wrong lol.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Sadly this game is about Sharon and the MC and once you realize that the game kinda loses its appeal.
For me not anymore, I think that has changed at least since Sharon becoming an archon, maybe even before. There is no typical "Li" in this game. The MC has no "feelings" towards any of the girls, he might be (sexually) attracted to some of them. It took me a while to accept that, but after that it's easier to understand some behaviours, especially the MC's, too.

J.R.

Jan 2, 2020
Haven't played the game or even looked at this thread since ep 3 update 6 and man... these comments are making me not even wanna pick is back up. I was waiting until there was a substantial amount of good content, but it's looking like my expectations were wrong lol.
If you'r looking for a fap game then do yourself a favour and search for other games. You will be disappointed here.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
nice update, plot thickens and moved on a bit, had mandatory sex scene (where sharon looked extra busty) and some funnies and cindy bringing bad news (i'm sure she's overjoyed on it).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

bluewolfzer

Jun 18, 2022
So I tried the game, is it really THAT good as the people say? I've been playing for almost an hour and im still kinda mixed. Does it get any better at a certain point and when?

Besides that, Im getting some tonal whiplash with the music choice. The game is supposed to be dark but why the final fantasy like music at the start?

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
When I played first time like a month ago I was truly amazed by it, mostly because this vampire world was something completely new to me and I found it very intriguing and interesting(I gave a lot of credit to devs, thinking they "created" this lore more or less). Of course, I was aware of game's issues but I thought that story is kinda interesting anyway. After that I got more "into vampires" and checked all Vampire: The Masquerade games out there including text-based (not sure if that is proper name) with titles like or (which I recommend A LOT).

Yesterday I checked new update (starting from ep5 since my save was corrupted) and oh god... this game is such a waste potential. Basically I agree with everything anne O'nymous said here and with some other critical posts here. The biggest shock to me after this little come back was lack of choice, story is SO LINEAR, somehow I didn't notice that on my previous gameplay (or already forgot lol). All choices in EP5 up to update 7: Ivy (stay/leave, kiss back/stop), Carmen (just curious/get involved). Probably I will just check how the story ended at some point...

Besides that, Im getting some tonal whiplash with the music choice. The game is supposed to be dark but why the final fantasy like music at the start?
Yeah, "music" (loop) sucks hard unfortunately

Reactions: Cokebaths

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Don't be confused or misled by what is said, by me and others.

Basically speaking, there's three different component in a game, its story, the player involvement, and the lewd.
We mostly talk about the second ; behind its Choose Your Own Adventure feeling, hide a Kinetic Novel with a little plus. As well as about the small (in regard of what is usual on the scene) inconstancy in the story.
But this doesn't mean that the story isn't interesting and/or entertaining. Perhaps have I became jaded after so many games played, but false promises, voluntary or not, and bad realizations do not prevent me to appreciate a good story. And it's what this story is, good with a mystery I, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one, want to know more about.
As for the lewd, it was clear since the starts that, due to the lack of working heart, there will be more tease than effective sex. So, if it's the "good content" you're talking about, it will never be substantial.

So, in the end, the game could be way better, but it doesn't mean that it's bad. Despite its default, it stay above the average.

Bom969

Jul 25, 2019
need save from the end of ep 4. Can someone help. My laptop got formatted and I don't have y previous saves now

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
My compressed unofficial Android ports of Rebirth with Zoey Raven walkthrough.:

EP1
Mega

EP2
Mega

EP3
Mega

EP4
Mega

EP5 update 7
Mega

Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Now all end of episode saves will be imported by the next episode.
Updated my Android port to Ep5 Update 7

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
I don't know, if this was already mentioned somewhere before (searched a couple of times), but when you import a save from version 4, two stats ("senses" and "VS") are set to "FALSE" because they're forgotten in the "z_load_save_v4-5.rpy".

Reactions: andrew david irving
Mar 28, 2018
I just checked and the stats are correctly set to "senses" and "VS" to "True" ... I don't seem to have the problem that you mention. If you wish you can always use the console to set them anyway...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Anus Mundi

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Because the updates tend to be small I usually wait for several before playing again.
I finally got caught up and to my surprise, Astrid showed up.
I gave her to Calisto and Astrid died back in whatever episode that happened.

???

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Don't be confused or misled by what is said, by me and others.

Basically speaking, there's three different component in a game, its story, the player involvement, and the lewd.
We mostly talk about the second ; behind its Choose Your Own Adventure feeling, hide a Kinetic Novel with a little plus. As well as about the small (in regard of what is usual on the scene) inconstancy in the story.
But this doesn't mean that the story isn't interesting and/or entertaining. Perhaps have I became jaded after so many games played, but false promises, voluntary or not, and bad realizations do not prevent me to appreciate a good story. And it's what this story is, good with a mystery I, and I'm sure that I'm not the only one, want to know more about.
As for the lewd, it was clear since the starts that, due to the lack of working heart, there will be more tease than effective sex. So, if it's the "good content" you're talking about, it will never be substantial.

So, in the end, the game could be way better, but it doesn't mean that it's bad. Despite its default, it stay above the average.
I honestly don't mind if a game doesn't have much lewd scenes, probably in the minority with that on this site, but if the MC and side characters are unlikeable, and the story has gone downhill, there doesn't seem to be much of a redeeming factor, judging from the comments. This was one of my favorite games back then so it's disappointing, but I hope after it's finished I'll be able to find it enjoyable.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes