4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Does the previous saves not matter in Episode 5 then? My Episode 4 game ends a bit after MC and Sharon find Mrs. Olivia in Sharon's house, then the game ends without an option to make a named save for the next episode
No, that's not the end of ep4, something is screwed up. No I don't know what. If you're using any mods, try an unmodded game instead to see if it's a mod problem.
If only other Devs learned how to do this instead of making people wait months to a year for an update.
A happy medium would be better. These monthly updates are too short to get adequate progress per update.

Reactions: c3p0

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Was there any AMA or something with dev/s? I wonder how big the team is etc, just my curiosity.
A happy medium would be better. These monthly updates are too short to get adequate progress per update.
Agree on that although it is player's choice either to play or not, you can always wait these 3 months if you like. If update process does not interfere in development process I guess it is fine and fair for patreons and should be standard thing here. At least they know dev is not milking them and actually doing progress, some devs just talk shit and give stuff like wallpaper once a month or two and all you can do is just trust they are not scamming you

Things are looking good right now. Laurie is slowly coming back in the scene.
Am I the only one bitching about her being stupid count and not wanting her at all? C'mon guys she is annoying af, you see that too right?

Reactions: Gettyra

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Does the previous saves not matter in Episode 5 then? My Episode 4 game ends a bit after MC and Sharon find Mrs. Olivia in Sharon's house, then the game ends without an option to make a named save for the next episode
post a save so some1 might look it.

right 5 mins play on some monthly devs games.

Am I the only one bitching about her being stupid count and not wanting her at all? C'mon guys she is annoying af, you see that too right?
yes she is annoying.

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
Laurie

She have some serious overdue on the topics: Spanking, tits biting and drinking, hard dicking.
It should have been in the first episode already.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well that's weird, w/o mod it continues onwards but with mod it ends when mc talks to sharon.

either contact zoey and ask help or play from start at your save w/o wt-mod until you reach end and make save to continue on ep 5.

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Is Zephyr in direct service to all the Archons, to the bald muscular one, or to the princeps (and/or the quaestor)?

I'm finding it weird that it seems like every power figure has access to her services, and yet she is never available for Sharon and the MC to be used as a messenger.

At the start of the story, she was presented in a way that made it seem like she served the muscular bald archon (forgot his name). But she continues to appear on behalf of other actors and now I'm confused.

Surely the princeps could command whoever he wished for whatever he wanted I guess, but it still seemed strange.

GrannyJuices

Dec 27, 2019
well that's weird, w/o mod it continues onwards but with mod it ends when mc talks to sharon.

either contact zoey and ask help or play from start at your save w/o wt-mod until you reach end and make save to continue on ep 5.
Righto I'll do that then. Appreciate the help blud, have a good one

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Is Zephyr in direct service to all the Archons, to the bald muscular one, or to the princeps (and/or the quaestor)?

I'm finding it weird that it seems like every power figure has access to her services, and yet she is never available for Sharon and the MC to be used as a messenger.

At the start of the story, she was presented in a way that made it seem like she served the muscular bald archon (forgot his name). But she continues to appear on behalf of other actors and now I'm confused.

Surely the princeps could command whoever he wished for whatever he wanted I guess, but it still seemed strange.
There are apparently contradictory statements in game about who Zephyr reports to, which certainly leads to some confusion.

In ep1-3 we only encounter the Zephyr running messages for Marcius. In ep1 Andrew refers to her as "The archon's zephir".

But in ep3 when the Zephyr is delivering Marcius' invitation to meet, she states: "I am a messenger under the auspices of the princeps."

In ep4-5 the Zephyr is running messages for the Princeps, and she apparently has direct access to his quarters. So I believe the Zephyr has always been in service to the Princeps.

It's not entirely clear why she was running messages for Marcius, but not other Archons. Initially it was probably because at that stage other powerful people weren't aware of MC/Sharon, Marcius is the only one who wants to send messages to them. Alternatively it may be because Marcius was the most powerful Archon in the city so had more privileges.

If it's the former, and all Arcohn's have access to the Zephyr's services, then Sharon should too. Perhaps she does, but simply doesn't know. Sharon doesn't seem to know much about how the bosses run/do things.

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
There are apparently contradictory statements in game about who Zephyr reports to, which certainly leads to some confusion.

In ep1-3 we only encounter the Zephyr running messages for Marcius. In ep1 Andrew refers to her as "The archon's zephir".

But in ep3 when the Zephyr is delivering Marcius' invitation to meet, she states: "I am a messenger under the auspices of the princeps."

In ep4-5 the Zephyr is running messages for the Princeps, and she apparently has direct access to his quarters. So I believe the Zephyr has always been in service to the Princeps.

It's not entirely clear why she was running messages for Marcius, but not other Archons. Initially it was probably because at that stage other powerful people weren't aware of MC/Sharon, Marcius is the only one who wants to send messages to them. Alternatively it may be because Marcius was the most powerful Archon in the city so had more privileges.

If it's the former, and all Arcohn's have access to the Zephyr's services, then Sharon should too. Perhaps she does, but simply doesn't know. Sharon doesn't seem to know much about how the bosses run/do things.
I don't mean to start any trouble, but I suppose it could be oversight/mistake on the author's part. She started as Marcius' messenger and was then "retconned" (without an actual retcon on the initial 3 chapters) to be the princeps messenger.

Thing is that, assuming she's trustworthy in regards to how discreet she is (which shouldn't be assumed by anyone who isn't naive), she'd be a great help in some time saving scenarios in which characters go back and forth from the main city to Scottstown. But as of now she has been presented as a "tool" that others have and can use, but not the MC/Sharon.

Ka1tzer

Jan 12, 2023
Here's another question that has been bothering me a bit even though it's (probably) completely inconsequential:

Why is the quaestor fat?

I mean, I believe it's stated that the vamps bodies can't really undergo changes no matter how much exercise (or lack thereof) they do. And yet we have the quaestor being fat and Marcius being built like a tank.

The state of the person's body when they get turned is the one they keep for eternity? ...that'd kinda suck. Especially since I'd assume that during the process of turning, what with how much the MC and Laurie were sweating and in pain, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to think that the process itself would alter the body of the person undergoing the process.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020

I don't mean to start any trouble, but I suppose it could be oversight/mistake on the author's part. She started as Marcius' messenger and was then "retconned" (without an actual retcon on the initial 3 chapters) to be the princeps messenger.

Thing is that, assuming she's trustworthy in regards to how discreet she is (which shouldn't be assumed by anyone who isn't naive), she'd be a great help in some time saving scenarios in which characters go back and forth from the main city to Scottstown. But as of now she has been presented as a "tool" that others have and can use, but not the MC/Sharon.
Guys...it's a PTOLEMY script/game...along with the other 2 devs/writers in this 'team'...stuff like this is the norm unfortunately. Could be real top tier games if not for dodgy plots, suspect writing at times and very rushed nonsensical plot endings. All their games are the same. You know what you get from them at this point if you have been around the AVN scene a while. Better to just not question these things.

Here's another question that has been bothering me a bit even though it's (probably) completely inconsequential:

Why is the quaestor fat?

I mean, I believe it's stated that the vamps bodies can't really undergo changes no matter how much exercise (or lack thereof) they do. And yet we have the quaestor being fat and Marcius being built like a tank.

The state of the person's body when they get turned is the one they keep for eternity? ...that'd kinda suck. Especially since I'd assume that during the process of turning, what with how much the MC and Laurie were sweating and in pain, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to think that the process itself would alter the body of the person undergoing the process.
Here you have to understand two things. Tradtional vampire lore and VTM Lore. Keeping the body you had at the time of your turning (this includes hair, facial hair etc etc) is very standard lore across the mythological genre (VTM exempted depending on the actual sub species of vampire, example being the Nos)

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017

Hi

Everything is ready. Just one problem we noticed in the testing phase.
Some of the renders, rendered in 1500 by 750 resolution rather than 1920 by 1080. No idea why. Maybe a fault with the batch software. No clue.
Fortunately there seem to be only 6 renders that have been messed up. I'll redo these manually, and the update will be ready to go.

Best regards
Likesblones

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021

yeah that and she charges a boon a year to be on retainer plus 2 to 5 bags or equally worth of fresh blood per service provided!
that`s one expensive messaging system, Sharon is either being Cheap or financially responsable depending on who you ask and how long they expect to live!
I mean if its forever you should save up every penny in the 1tst 200 years, after a couple od decades you can live off your savings and the earnings of your investments!

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Impurity2937

Dec 31, 2022
Why is the quaestor fat?
The state of the person's body when they get turned is the one they keep for eternity?
Yes. I know Rebirth's world is more like an interpretation of "vampire world" but if you are interested in details in official lore take a look at official wiki:

Physiology

Vampires change considerably after the Embrace. When a vampire is Embraced, their internal organs atrophy, and almost all their bodily fluids are replaced by blood. Vampires use blood (also called ) for a variety of purposes; blood replaces most bodily fluids, so vampires will sweat blood and cry blood under certain circumstances. Blood is also used to get up and move; every night, vampires expend a certain amount of blood to rise.

In addition, vampires can use blood to enhance their physical attributes and use supernatural powers called . Blood is used to Embrace, as noted above, and also to create . Finally, vampires can use blood to heal damage to their bodies.

Once Embraced, vampires become immortal and are locked into a form of stasis. Apart from wounds, vampires are restored to their condition at the time of Embrace every time they rise up for the night. This physical condition eventually extends to their mindsets as well; old vampires find it very hard to learn new things. While mostly incapable of eating food, vomiting it up almost instantly, vampires who have trained to do so can hold down food for longer before they must expel it from themselves, therefore keeping their façade of intact. As a result, the vampire is paler and generally thinner than they were before the Embrace. Certain have more extreme physical changes.

Reactions: D3xzalias
4.10 star(s) 194 Votes