4.10 star(s) 194 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
let's face it, Carmen is too pretty to be just killed, and too classy to be tuened into a mindless fucktoy.
I respect your views but if she would be made a classy fucktoy I could live with that. She tried to hurt my mc, thats enough for me let alone my mc's team. I feel no pity for what happens to her.

Reactions: Nulldev

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I respect your views but if she would be made a classy fucktoy I could live with that. She tried to hurt my mc, thats enough for me let alone my mc's team. I feel no pity for what happens to her.
only because Astrid told them it was MC that was prowling the area, where in reality he and Sharon barely moved into the area,

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
I agree that the guy was likely a total amateur after all the talk Andrew did about how hunters are dangerous i even concede that Carmen is likely in a revenge quest but not so sure about a husband. :unsure:
i think the dude is her Uncle or something like that and Carmen got roped in to the vampire killing business by him. Also the married part could be a ruse or something like that. But we will find out more details tomorrow

Last edited:

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
If it has not been explained yet, WoD is an acronym for the World of Darkness, a tabletop/larp/video game/novel series where it takes vampires, werewolves, fae, mages, mummies, hunters, etc. and makes them the main focus where you as the player take on the role of one of these creatures where you have to decide what your character is like, how they act, what their objectives are, how they interact with others, etc. A game you'll probably recognize that takes place in WoD is Vampire the Masquerade (VtM), where it's coming out with VtM Bloodlines 2 later this year.

Sanguine420

Jun 23, 2020
Hank own a sick hand, hear! What's this about finding out more TOMORROW?!? Please tell me this is verified and I'm not getting my hopes up too soon! I can't wait for more content! I suppose I'll have to come back to check, well... ...tomorrow... (Just ambles off into the night, all awkward N shite) -Sang

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I don't think this i going to happen. It doesn't really feel like this developer's game style to make a senseless fucktoy out of Carmen. I get the feeling she will have a bigger role to fill.
If it has not been explained yet, WoD is an acronym for the World of Darkness, a tabletop/larp/video game/novel series where it takes vampires, werewolves, fae, mages, mummies, hunters, etc. and makes them the main focus where you as the player take on the role of one of these creatures where you have to decide what your character is like, how they act, what their objectives are, how they interact with others, etc. A game you'll probably recognize that takes place in WoD is Vampire the Masquerade (VtM), where it's coming out with VtM Bloodlines 2 later this year.
Yeah. But people really need to stop trying to use it as some sort of bible to try and predict how this game is going to happen. Sure there are some inspiration there but that doesn't mean the dev will use everything or not change things.
Hank own a sick hand, hear! What's this about finding out more TOMORROW?!? Please tell me this is verified and I'm not getting my hopes up too soon! I can't wait for more content! I suppose I'll have to come back to check, well... ...tomorrow... (Just ambles off into the night, all awkward N shite) -Sang
Dev mentioned the release date will likely be 19/07.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I don't think this i going to happen. It doesn't really feel like this developer's game style to make a senseless fucktoy out of Carmen. I get the feeling she will have a bigger role to fill.
Agreed. Also hoping that is the case.
Yeah. But people really need to stop trying to use it as some sort of bible to try and predict how this game is going to happen. Sure there are some inspiration there but that doesn't mean the dev will use everything or not change things.
Well, even if everything was exactly as in WOD that Is not to say we know what happens.

I agree that some claims about "she is toreador, that monster was gangrel, MC is malkavian" do not make much sense. But I also don't think they are planning to make every single change. For example, the Nos clan is pretty much identical to their counter part nosferatu in WoD, being ugly, being stealthy, being awesome at information brokers and hacking. Sharon's claim that MC might be a "wolf boy" after seeing MC's claws is clearly a suggestion that something as gangrel exists.

But again, I agree that just because a set of disciplines fits or not any of the clans it says nothing significant here.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Well, even if everything was exactly as in WOD that Is not to say we know what happens.

I agree that some claims about "she is toreador, that monster was gangrel, MC is malkavian" do not make much sense. But I also don't think they are planning to make every single change. For example, the Nos clan is pretty much identical to their counter part nosferatu in WoD, being ugly, being stealthy, being awesome at information brokers and hacking. Sharon's claim that MC might be a "wolf boy" after seeing MC's claws is clearly a suggestion that something as gangrel exists.

But again, I agree that just because a set of disciplines does not fit any of the clans it says nothing significant here.
I agree with you, that is the beauty of tabletop is it not? that you use it as a template to create your own world and adventures.

About the Mc's clan, maybe he is a special Caitiff or even a more obscure clan that doesn't appear in any media. Maybe in this world, Caitiff's can discover powers by themselves, although the mc did see gangrel claws from his trainer, didn't he? and invisibility by the nosferatu, and presence by the main LI, at least he was around people that used those abilities.

Reactions: jish55 and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I agree with you, that is the beauty of tabletop is it not? that you use it as a template to create your own world and adventures.

About the Mc's clan, maybe he is a special Caitiff or even a more obscure clan that doesn't appear in any media. Maybe in this world, Caitiff's can discover powers by themselves, although the mc did see gangrel claws from his trainer, didn't he? and invisibility by the nosferatu, and presence by the main LI, at least he was around people that used those abilities.
Until proven false, I will keep the assumption MC is none of the known clans. It is wishful thinking, but fuck it. I am standing my ground.

Reactions: TundraLupus

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
We don't know which clan Eloise is other than the same as Sharon, according to Sharon herself when she mentions that maybe Dan is from the same clan than both of them (to the displeasure of Eloise).
By the way, I checked her (Eloise) training scenes again and she never manifest any claws while training Dan.

My guess would be that the redhead vampiress who created Dan is older than those clans. She being a more basal type of vampire could explain him developing skills from aparently two different kinds of vampires.
Still that doesn't explain who is the blackhair vampiress who talks in is dreams/mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erdan88

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
We don't know which clan Eloise is other than the same as Sharon, according to Sharon herself when she mentions that maybe Dan is from the same clan than both of them (to the displeasure of Eloise).
By the way, I checked her (Eloise) training scenes again and she never manifest any claws while training Dan.

My guess would be that the redhead vampiress who created Dan is older than those clans. She being a more basal type of vampire could explain him developing skills from aparently two different kinds of vampires.
Still that doesn't explain who is the blackhair vampiress who talks in is dreams/mind.
The vampiress, if this game follows the tropes she is probably Lilyth, and yeah I didn't remember the fighting training, it has been a while, even so not impossible for him to be a Caitiff since they are normally the ones that actually can learn other clan's abilities since they have none of their own, but I don't know, I'm just waiting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
The vampiress, if this game follows the tropes she is probably Lilyth, and yeah I didn't remember the fighting training, it has been a while, even so not impossible for him to be a Caitiff since they are normally the ones that actually can learn other clan's abilities since they have none of their own, but I don't know, I'm just waiting.
Dan also has psychometry skill, he can read memories from things and people he touches.

Plus Sharon's mind control isn't common knowledge between the Nos since Merrick had no idea how she was going to bring preys for him to feed. Which makes me think vampire's skills aren't that stratified between clans in Rebirth, otherwise Merrick wouldn't be surprised by it.
That is another reason why i am wary of using those out of game definitions before the developer adapts(or not) them ingame.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Dan also has psychometry skill, he can read memories from things and people he touches.

Plus Sharon's mind control isn't common knowledge between the Nos since Merrick had no idea how she was going to bring preys for him to feed. Which makes me think vampire's skills aren't that stratified between clans in Rebirth, otherwise Merrick wouldn't be surprised by it.
That is another reason why i am wary of using those out of game definitions before the developer adapts(or not) them ingame.
I don't remember who Dan is, is that the default name of the Mc?
Anyway, Merrick might not know what clan Sharon belongs too, or what skills she has from said clan, she for example knew about Nosferatu's invisibility, and I'm almost sure Gangrel's claws were mentioned even if not directly. Again it has been a while since I played so I might be misremembering. But at the end of the day, I have nothing better to do than speculate, and since the game seems to draw much inspiration from that universe I'll end up using it as a guide.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I don't remember who Dan is, is that the default name of the Mc?
Anyway, Merrick might not know what clan Sharon belongs too, or what skills she has from said clan, she for example knew about Nosferatu's invisibility, and I'm almost sure Gangrel's claws were mentioned even if not directly. Again it has been a while since I played so I might be misremembering. But at the end of the day, I have nothing better to do than speculate, and since the game seems to draw much inspiration from that universe I'll end up using it as a guide.
Yes Dan is the protagonist's "oficial" name (always like to play with them if possible). Sharon says she and Eloise are from the same clan, i find it really doubtfull which clan they belong to isn't known in a vampire society that prides itself for their hierarchic divisions.

Like you said everyone expects the Nos to have clamouflage skills and monster like appearences or the "wolf boys" to be able to transform parts of their bodies, that is common knowledge in the game. Which is why Sharon having such powerfull mind control powers really feel to me like something unexpected in her faction. :unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TundraLupus

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Yes Dan is the protagonist's "oficial" name (always like to play with them if possible). Sharon says she and Eloise are from the same clan, i find it really doubtfull which clan they belong to isn't known in a vampire society that prides itself for their hierarchic divisions.

Like you said everyone expects the Nos to have clamouflage skills and monster like appearences or the "wolf boys" to be able to transform parts of their bodies, that is common knowledge in the game. Which is why Sharon having such powerfull mind control powers really feel to me like something unexpected in her faction. :unsure:
Speaking about Sharon's ability, during the night club scene right before she used her ability on Carmen, Sharon spoke about her ability after MC asked her if she could use it on some rich guy and claim she's his daughter and stated that there are limitations she has to it but revealed that older/more powerful (something like that, not quite sure what she specifically said here) vampires are able to use a more powerful version of her ability without much if any limitations.

I think it's possible if not very much likely that that's what MC's charisma based ability will be.

Reactions: Erdan88

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
With using WoD to discuss this game, it gives people some form of a basis to work on, especially with how heavily influenced this game is by WoD, even if the game doesn't use the majority of clans, still having the Lore to work with helps us better discuss what could happen. Also when using WoD, no one's guessing what's gonna happen, because WoD was never about a set story, but instead a generalized backdrop to give players a structure to work with, much like what we're seeing in this game.

4.10 star(s) 194 Votes