VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.7] [Passion Portal]

4.10 star(s) 40 Votes

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
This must be bullshit the whole upgrade lasted under a minute....

What was the point of posting this update?
>look forward to update
>finally get update
>it's over in 60 seconds of reading
In Changelog:
To access the "Movie Night" event: At the start of the game when Chloe is streaming, choose "Don't bother her." Later in the game at the hotel, pick "Call Chloe."
Depending on your choices, there will be two different scenes with Chloe in her room at the end."

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Hm, too short to make an proper review.

Some things are good, other things not so good...

First, how does it look like? Overall good, not top Notch quality renders, but good enough to be above average for sure, models of the girls are looking well done and natural and cant say that i saw them in other games so far. Except.. Emily looks very familiar though, i could swear i saw her mulitple times in other games already, but cant put a finger on it.

Animations? Sorry, BAD, really really bad. Dont know, but i would recommend, just dont do them anymore if they look like that. Its no shame to not be capable to do good animations, its not an easy task, but its a bad decision to add them looking that bad just to have them in the game. The BJ scene was kinda ruined completly. You know, there are tons of games out there without a single animation and still are able to deliver some really good and erotic scenes. And as far as i can tell, like you build up that scene, it could have worked VERY well without these bad animations, even better without them iam sure. These animations are an example for those kind of animations that are dragging a game down instead of improving it.

Sound, kinda strange music appearences, most scenes dont have any, and out of the blue here and there some music starts. Its not that the background music was bad, no... quite good actually, but either make it that every scene has fitting music, or just cut it... Same goes for the sound-effects here and there are some sound-effects, it was a little streange cause i didnt expected them and suddenly i heard something. I dont know, be a little more consistent with the sound. If you want to add sound to a game to improve the game, its not really a good idea to add only a very few music and sound effects now and then. Like... 99% of the game is dead silent and suddenly there is some sound. That felt really strange.

Choices. Felt totally random at some points, especially with watching chloe do her stream. The outcome of those choices doesnt make any sense at all. And i didnt even now there would be any siginificant difference if i wouldnt have looked into the changelog of the last update where a movie-scene with her is mentioned. So i started over to watch that outcome... That felt totally random. Yeah of course most choices are kinda obvious how they go, be nice, be kinda a pervert, and so on... be lovely or try to make the girl submit. And so on... but this Chloe-Stream choice was strange and i wonder how many other choices like this will find its way into the game. Iam not against choices where you dont really know how they will play out later on, but they at least have to be plausible later on so you can understand "oh thats because i choose this and that"

Story, hm, well, started like other games i played to, the premise is not really new. But the approach is very good. Until the end of the game for now... i dont know, but making a whole conspiracy out of this? The dialogue writing and how the DEV describes waht the MC is thinking and feeling is very well written, but i can only think of maybe 3 games around here where DEV was really able to put a good "thriller" story together which was not getting ridiculous VERY fast. Its really not easy to pull off something like that. Hopefully the DEV has a good storyboard in the head, otherwise this will turn out a mess very quickly iam afraid. Sometimes... less is more. The search for the lost daughter with nearly no trace is enough to keep me interested i would say, i dont need a killer-commando-conspiracy in this kind of plot, really not.

Content, short, very short... i dont know, i have to be honest here, so the first release was january this year, 9 months has passed, so lets say, overall to get where we are, the DEV has done maybe, hm 16 months of work so far. Its a guess. and even if it would only be 12, for a year of work overall, its really not much we can see here. And with a conspiracy story in the back of the head, and a obviously slow burn approach for the relationship with some girls (which i prefer, i love a well made slow burn), we need many many many years to get "somewhere" with this game, and even if i saw many good things already, i just cant picture that this will have a good future with a development pace like this. To me it feels like, this will be abandoned sooner or later cause of the lack of support (but you cant get much support like this, sorry). I hope iam wrong though and this game will continue and get a huge amount of content with time, i would like that and will watch the game closely, cause there sure is some talent here, writing is good, renders too... so it can get really good. But for that it needs way more content per update, better choices, and better choice in adding sound and music instead of adding them only a few times. And yeah... either doo really good anbimations or dont add any of them. I would recommend to go without them at this rate.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Hi! Before playing, does it make sense to wait for a mod update, or you will no longer update it?
Seems I've forgotten to change that info in my Post back then, doing that now. Sorry, but I decided to not maintain the Mod. With the rework in v0.4 to many things changed in the game. It's not for me anymore, I moved on.

erkper

May 16, 2018
In Changelog:
To access the "Movie Night" event: At the start of the game when Chloe is streaming, choose "Don't bother her." Later in the game at the hotel, pick "Call Chloe."
Depending on your choices, there will be two different scenes with Chloe in her room at the end."
So the Chloe movie night isn't the highlight of the update, it IS the update?

Ursus4321

Aug 2, 2017
I started this game and I thought it had an interesting plot and there were likable characters. Well, when the MC arrives at his ex's father's house and remembers what happened with his ex, I don't know how to describe how disgusting this MC is. This mc has managed to make ntr or anything else appear for the first time that makes him suffer like the selfish bastard he is. It's not a bad game, it makes you feel things, so make no mistake, this is not a criticism of the dev, I just needed to let out what I feel for this mc

• Sad
Reactions: Yngling

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
I started this game and I thought it had an interesting plot and there were likable characters. Well, when the MC arrives at his ex's father's house and remembers what happened with his ex, I don't know how to describe how disgusting this MC is. This mc has managed to make ntr or anything else appear for the first time that makes him suffer like the selfish bastard he is. It's not a bad game, it makes you feel things, so make no mistake, this is not a criticism of the dev, I just needed to let out what I feel for this mc
Huh? What specifically are you upset with the MC for? NTR?

4.10 star(s) 40 Votes