VN Ren'Py Reclaiming the Lost [v0.8] [Passion Portal]

4.10 star(s) 40 Votes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I'm sorry I'm confused by this segment description because I see none of those options when I go to the only scene I see Chloe, when she is streaming. The MC doesn't get any scene with her after her photo shoot before the updates ends even if I have her take off her bra, she also only has one lust point, no other stats so I'm confused on how I prompt any of these other dialogue options you're describing to appear. Thanks if you can clarify :confused:
To get the movie night with Chloe you need to sacrifice the storyline where you watch her stream. They are different paths.

Reactions: Hawka1O7

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
Enjoyable novel but it's not worth playing in its current state, Updates take too long to come out and when they do they're barely 5-10 minutes long. I'd wait for a few years then it might actually be worth playing because the plot has barely even started..

Reactions: molva

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
I'm sorry I'm confused by this segment description because I see none of those options when I go to the only scene I see Chloe, when she is streaming. The MC doesn't get any scene with her after her photo shoot before the updates ends even if I have her take off her bra, she also only has one lust point, no other stats so I'm confused on how I prompt any of these other dialogue options you're describing to appear. Thanks if you can clarify :confused:
To access the "Movie Night" event: At the start of the game when Chloe is streaming, choose "Don't bother her." Later in the game at the hotel, pick "Call Chloe."
Depending on your choices, there will be two different scenes with Chloe in her room at the end."

Reactions: Hawka1O7

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Enjoyable novel but it's not worth playing in its current state, Updates take too long to come out and when they do they're barely 5-10 minutes long. I'd wait for a few years then it might actually be worth playing because the plot has barely even started..
I release updates approximately every 1.5-2 months and i think it is not too long, and each update includes around 300-400 renders. Please keep in mind that game development is a part-time endeavor for me, as I have a full-time job during the day.
The last update wasn't as short as 5-10 minutes unless you skip through the entire game. In fact, the latest update contained roughly 300 renders and 18 pages of text.
I appreciate your patience, and I hope that as I continue to work on the game, it will become more enjoyable for you in the future as the plot unfolds.

Sep 14, 2023
I release updates approximately every 1.5-2 months and i think it is not too long, and each update includes around 300-400 renders. Please keep in mind that game development is a part-time endeavor for me, as I have a full-time job during the day.
The last update wasn't as short as 5-10 minutes unless you skip through the entire game. In fact, the latest update contained roughly 300 renders and 18 pages of text.
I appreciate your patience, and I hope that as I continue to work on the game, it will become more enjoyable for you in the future as the plot unfolds.
I'm in software development, those things take time. The biggest problem is often, that the first time you get captivated by it, and that's not 1 update, that's probably a few, and then after you finished that, you have to wait a long time for a little progress.

Yeh that's life, of course we wanted it finished and yesterday. But that's never gone happen...

I hope you enjoy making it, until the end, so many good idea got abandoned half way through...

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
200-300 renders is roughly 10 maybe 15 minutes of content. 1000-1500 renders is 30-60 minutes depending how how long it takes you to read and 3000-5000 renders is 60 minutes+ I'll continue to play and enjoy your novel but 2 months for 300 renders is pretty rough and going to take a long time for the story to develop is all I'm saying.

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
200-300 renders is roughly 10 maybe 15 minutes of content. 1000-1500 renders is 30-60 minutes depending how how long it takes you to read and 3000-5000 renders is 60 minutes+ I'll continue to play and enjoy your novel but 2 months for 300 renders is pretty rough and going to take a long time for the story to develop is all I'm saying.
I understand you.
It's important to note that I'm not a large-scale developer, and I usually work on the game from 8 PM to midnight. There are times when I might not have the energy or motivation, even though I enjoy what I'm doing, and this is also a way for me to relax.
Larger developers have the advantage of working full-time, and even they can release updates with around 1000 renders in six months. As for me, I'm still on the early stages of my journey. Once it becomes possible, I plan to devote more time to game development, and at that point, I'll be able to create much larger updates. :)

Sep 14, 2023
I understand you.
It's important to note that I'm not a large-scale developer, and I usually work on the game from 8 PM to midnight. There are times when I might not have the energy or motivation, even though I enjoy what I'm doing, and this is also a way for me to relax.
Larger developers have the advantage of working full-time, and even they can release updates with around 1000 renders in six months. As for me, I'm still on the early stages of my journey. Once it becomes possible, I plan to devote more time to game development, and at that point, I'll be able to create much larger updates. :)
Good stories take time, not only render time...

Reactions: Passion_Portal

Passion_Portal

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Good stories take time, not only render time...
Exactly. It's also important to consider quality. I don't simply place models and render; I always strive to work with lighting, facial expressions to convey emotions, and so on, to enhance the overall experience. If you do not work with lighting, then the character will not be alive in renders and the emotions will be fake looking

Tatsuya2022

Apr 5, 2023
I understand you.
is fine , even 300 to 400 renders for 2 to max 3 months updates are fine as long as they be at least some plot or story developing ones. Keep going best wishes ♥ and give us more Dilfs (daughs i like to fuk)

shuu know around here and out here people is greedy if the story / premise / renders are as good and juicy as this . they gonna want more juicy so .

and try to be too much entagled with the plot , has seem that happeing around to a bunch of games, some plot armor is fine . but too much can be hard to untangle later ♥

best wishes , good game so far.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Passion_Portal

tckntckn

Aug 11, 2023
Exactly. It's also important to consider quality. I don't simply place models and render; I always strive to work with lighting, facial expressions to convey emotions, and so on, to enhance the overall experience. If you do not work with lighting, then the character will not be alive in renders and the emotions will be fake looking
Yes!Lighting is the vital part of render quality.

Newhell

Feb 8, 2021
Download russian translate - (PC + APK)

0f48aece-a674-473d-b167-ef6efb30ddda.png

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2023
Yes!Lighting is the vital part of render quality.
Yep, some have ugly faces, this one has nice faces, that's a big plus. Not sure if that's just a question of using better models or not. But you got some with dark images, where you don't see much, that's even worse.

I would agree, that lightning seems to be the most important part, without that, I don't even want to play it...

molva

Jan 6, 2023
Updated my compressed Android port of Reclaiming the Lost to v0.5.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: Pixeldrain -
Incest?

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Well...short but very interesting...hopefully the drama is kept to a minimum unless critical to the actual plot...seems to be a lot of angles already...who may be involved with who and knows what etc etc. Renders are nice, script/dialogue is actually..well...adult *shock/gasp/horror*...so already a major plus point over half the drivel around here written by 14 year olds who have never even seen a woman before.

In fact, my only real nitpick is where is the MC's luggage? hehehe....small details matter, it's the little things that make a scene. Great job Passion_Portal

Last edited:

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Let me start by saying that I thoroughly enjoyed this game. Don't let the mountain of nitpicks below convince you otherwise. They're just my opinions, thoughts and impressions.

On to the nitpicks:
  • There's no real framing of who the MC is, and who the other characters are in relation to him. Things are kept vague, and I get the impression it's on purpose. If so, I don't agree with this choice, because it makes it much harder for a player to crawl in the MC's skin.
    • When talking to the detective, the letter states "Many years ago, ...", I would've preferred the game said 18 or 19 years ago, whatever makes sense.
    • It also isn't clear how old the MC was when he got his girlfriend pregnant. You don't have to outright state the age of the protagonist, but hinting at his general age by accurately describing how much time has passed is a good alternative.
    • Concerning the detective, it's not immediately clear that this is a private investigator and not a police detective.
  • "Why not swing by Grace's home? It's been a while since I've seen them." Is Grace actually gender-nonconforming? Otherwise, just use "her". After a bit, it's clear that the MC means to visit Grace and Chloe at their home. Confusing.
  • "Her lips was full and beckoning, inviting me to get lost in their depths." - IMO this is too flowery. Maybe "Her lips are full and beckoning, inviting a gentle touch." Lips don't really have a depth like that. Eyes do, and the mouth does.
  • "I was just thinking about how much we've grown and changed since." - Since when or what? This is hinting at a profound experience in the MC's and Chloe's life. It feels sloppy, and certainly isn't subtle. Worst of all, this could just be a mistake, the reader has no way of knowing.
  • MC says "It was", followed by "It was. But now, ...". It's unclear if the first line is a mistake, or the MC stammering. If so, it's better written as "It wa- It was. But now, ..." Stammering would make sense seeing how heavy the topic is, even if the MC (so far) doesn't seem prone to do it.
  • Again a reference to some event nobody wants to talk about: "If I go see her myself, she'll probably want to chat and drink wine for hours, like she usually does since.....", it's as if the writers are going out of their way to give the player as little information as possible. At the end of the conversation, we only know that we've known Grace and Chloe for a long time, we don't know how (or if) we're related to them, or even how old they are. At least we can presume that Chloe is older than 18, and the lost daughter will be at least a year older. (MC mentions dating Elizabeth before Chloe was born.)
  • MC talks about "my company", this is usually a shortcut for "the company I work for", but it doesn't hurt to spell this out at least once. Even the MC saying "I asked my company to find someone, ..." doesn't have to mean that he doesn't own the company. Since he's able to hire Emily on the spot, and is able to relocate to another town, indicates that he is, in fact, the (co)owner.
  • MC says "Can I get your phone number?" "That way, I can call you later and let you know my decision about the job." - It would make more sense if Emily said this, since the MC offered her a job and asked her to get back to him with a response. It's a bit confusing that MC needs a response by the end of the day, and it seems to be evening already. Later, it is the MC who calls Emily. While it is clunky, maybe have the MC say "That way, I can call you later and get your decision about the job."
  • MC comes home and meets his business partner. At least the "my company" is cleared up now. I do find it very irresponsible of the MC to disappear for a few days, worrying his business partner, while running a company. Another hint is dropped in this conversation "What would you say if you found out I have a daughter?", I guess Chloe isn't related then?
    In this same conversation, it would be prudent of the MC to mention Emily to Bob, and that he's hiring her. I imagine she'll be his personal assistant as well as secretary, but what credentials does she actually have? Giving Emily a bit more backstory, like being a freshly graduated paralegal, translator or accountant, could work nicely. She's obviously smart, just down on her luck.
    It's later revealed that Bob suggested the private investigator, yet MC kept him in the dark and disappeared on Bob?
    (At least during the car ride it's somewhat explained that the MC hired Emily because he saw something in her, besides a pretty face.)
  • Emily brings luggage, but where is MC's luggage?
  • The conversation at the motel is weird. MC asks "We need a room for the night", inviting the misunderstanding that MC and Emily are a couple. He could've just asked for two rooms immediately, and the end result would've been the same.
  • "You have to wait there before the hot water comes" - I'm not sure what exactly is communicated here. Is Emily trying to say that she used up the hot water, that it takes a long time for the water to heat, or that she wants the room and MC should go wait in the bathroom?
  • Olivia: "Well, I'm still in my panties, though", She's still in her pants (which she later takes off)
  • Why does the MC lie to Emily? "She was ready to leave everything behind, for me. But... things didn't go as planned." Elizabeth did offer to leave everything behind, but the MC broke things off because he wanted to "find himself". Saying that things didn't go as planned, suggests instead that MC took her up on her offer, but something external happened that prevented it.
  • "You'd think i'd be some mysterious dark web ..." -> "... it'd be ..."
  • It's not communicated that the MC was driving home. When the ransacked room is shown, it's not immediately clear if it's his home or hotel room. My main reason for this confusion is, that the MC hired a secretary to accompany him on this trip. This implies that he expected to be busy chasing leads, and would need her help managing his company. He didn't know beforehand how much information the PI would've had, or how long he'd be away for.
  • The corridor where MC is calling Bob is very confusing visually. There's a man who passes by MC. Everyone is only shown from the waist down. When the man's torso is shown, he blocks the view of a doorway, making it seem as if he comes from a dead-end. It would make more sense to show the doorway, and the MC in the background, as if the man has already passed by.

Again, these are nitpicks, do with them what you will, no harm or hate is intended by them.

4.10 star(s) 40 Votes