3.30 star(s) 10 Votes

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Welp, I know this has both "Redo" and "Dark Lord" in the title so I won't even bother to ask how dark will this go, I'm gonna ask how nice will we able to play? As someone that really doesn't enjoy evil characters, is there a point in me trying this? Or is the diplomatic approach just rape with extra steps?

Like, is it in the cards to play as a somewhat non sociopathic good guy that loves their harem or nah?
You get the options to be nicer this time around instead of reliving your dark lord past.
So far you can play as a pretty swell guy. Just an ambitious one

Reactions: ProtDan

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Glad to hear you like it! As of now we don't have any ntr content planned, but in the future we might carefully try dipping our toes into that territory. It would always be completely optional though.

I'm happy you ask! The good route will actually be more focused on building actual bonds and relationships with your underlings and see our evil overlord turn into a half decent guy... That might do something evil every now and then, but old habits die hard. :p
PS: Yesssss, the card pun. love it!
Well if you fooling around with the idea of adding content like that I think I will pass. A tip for the future Harem + NTRish is not a good mix.

ProtDan

Nov 27, 2019
Well, it feels kinda buggy once the open world starts. Many choices just lead to literally nowhere where you have to rewind/scroll back. Including asking Haley about the jobs, it just stops when the MC is thinking of breaking her or something, if that's the end of content then it's the weirdest implementation of an end of content message I've seen. Also the Bandit leader is still in the cave even if you take her to the village? Tim is cool but he's more on screen than the waifus, which isn't the greatest in this early stage of the game. Yeah, there's 2 sex scenes with the goblin waifu but she's not in the narrative all that much beyond that. Then again there isn't all that much narrative to begin with right now.
On that note, a walkthrough would be nice, knowing what's + and - corruption. Maybe a dynamic one based on what you choose to be, good or evil while the neutral one just shows the points? Even just a text file separate would be nice. The other issue this has is the sandbox syndrome that a lot of similar games have, clicking on random menus with the hopes of something happening.
The 2 icons in the top left go over the various text, like +/- corruption or bropoints.

The bandit leader thing was weird, she feels like she's supposed to be a major character but you can only really get her by enslaving her it seems. If that's the case I kinda get it, but meh, -1 character for the good route. The day night cycle is annoying, especially since only the mornings seem to have anything to do, can't really tell what time it is either. In general I find it a pretty terrible mechanic, having an instant sleep button would make it more bearable rather than having to navigate through 3+ menus to get to it. The woods part is weird, there's just a narrow pic of the woods with black bars on each side, feels very cheap. There's multiple places where words aren't capitalized. No idea if the Lake is supposed to do anything since I felt softlocked and stopped playing. Well, I rambled a lot. Not the most coherent thing I've wrote but meh.

End of the day, the art looks good, other than that part in the woods, the writing is okay as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously, but beyond that cards mechanic this would work so much better in Renpy, it basically is just a worse Renpy with a card battle system right now. As a side note, if you're planning to dabble into NTR/sharing stuff then put a nice warning somewhere, please and thank you.

Last edited:

Terribleburden

Aug 15, 2022
idk if i'm the only one having this problem, but for some reason a lot of dialogues freeze mid scene not letting me progress, like, I can't neither click to see the next dialogue box nor even use the skip button to fast forward it, so far it has happened to me while checking up on trisha, when looking around the cave, when asking for the general store's wares on the human village and why talking to Hayley about the work like in this example: View attachment 2099831
Yes, I have had the exact same problem at all of those points. It also seems to happen a lot when I attempt to save, and there is no way to back out of that menu, so I have to close the program.

jizzycow

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2021
idk if i'm the only one having this problem, but for some reason a lot of dialogues freeze mid scene not letting me progress, like, I can't neither click to see the next dialogue box nor even use the skip button to fast forward it, so far it has happened to me while checking up on trisha, when looking around the cave, when asking for the general store's wares on the human village and why talking to Hayley about the work like in this example: View attachment 2099831
That's actually an annoying one, for most of them you can just scroll up to rollback the dialogue, but this one actually freezes the game cause I put a stop command in, my bad.:cry:
:PogChamp::PogChamp: Interesting.. looking forward to that. Not alot of games have that type of content.
Anyway, i love the "Being sent back in time and do stuff different this time" type of stories. It's like playing in New Game+ with a different approach this playthrough.
And it's 2DCG! I love 2DCG games since it's the artist's touch which makes it unique compared to 3DCG games. It's been a while since I've played one.
Nice to hear you like it. I also love those being send in time stories, hence... Ya know, we made one. ;)
Yes, I have had the exact same problem at all of those points. It also seems to happen a lot when I attempt to save, and there is no way to back out of that menu, so I have to close the program.
We're working on a hotfix atm, the problem of the game freezing during dialogue is fixed, but the save menu seems to be a bigger problem that we're still looking into.
Well, that's one broken ass update.
Sorry :/

jizzycow

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2021
Well, it feels kinda buggy once the open world starts. Many choices just lead to literally nowhere where you have to rewind/scroll back. Including asking Haley about the jobs, it just stops when the MC is thinking of breaking her or something, if that's the end of content then it's the weirdest implementation of an end of content message I've seen. Also the Bandit leader is still in the cave even if you take her to the village? Tim is cool but he's more on screen than the waifus, which isn't the greatest in this early stage of the game. Yeah, there's 2 sex scenes with the goblin waifu but she's not in the narrative all that much beyond that. Then again there isn't all that much narrative to begin with right now.
On that note, a walkthrough would be nice, knowing what's + and - corruption. Maybe a dynamic one based on what you choose to be, good or evil while the neutral one just shows the points? Even just a text file separate would be nice. The other issue this has is the sandbox syndrome that a lot of similar games have, clicking on random menus with the hopes of something happening.
The 2 icons in the top left go over the various text, like +/- corruption or bropoints.

The bandit leader thing was weird, she feels like she's supposed to be a major character but you can only really get her by enslaving her it seems. If that's the case I kinda get it, but meh, -1 character for the good route. The day night cycle is annoying, especially since only the mornings seem to have anything to do, can't really tell what time it is either. In general I find it a pretty terrible mechanic, having an instant sleep button would make it more bearable rather than having to navigate through 3+ menus to get to it. The woods part is weird, there's just a narrow pic of the woods with black bars on each side, feels very cheap. There's multiple places where words aren't capitalized. No idea if the Lake is supposed to do anything since I felt softlocked and stopped playing. Well, I rambled a lot. Not the most coherent thing I've wrote but meh.

End of the day, the art looks good, other than that part in the woods, the writing is okay as long as it doesn't take itself too seriously, but beyond that cards mechanic this would work so much better in Renpy, it basically is just a worse Renpy with a card battle system right now. As a side note, if you're planning to dabble into NTR/sharing stuff then put a nice warning somewhere, please and thank you.
Wow, that's a long ass comment, but some very useful feedback so Imma try to respond to it to the best of my ability! For the freeze up with Hayley the script just missed about 20 lines.:oops: Thanks for pointing out the bandit leader thing! Kinda forgot I made it an optional. As for Tim, yeah. I agree I've kinda been using his character too much, will tone it down in future updates I'm happy you still think he's cool though :p. I'm working on a walkthrough, but I don't know if it'll be done before next build.
The bandit was originally meant as a sort of throwaway character, but I kinda liked writing her and made up a backstory, so she'll have more content for those who choose to enslave her, but also for people that turned her in it'll just be a while later.
The day/night cycle isn't really filled with options yet since it was only implemented this update and it takes a considerable amount of planning to add events thanks to the openworld aspect. (yet another problem of the game still being in it's early development stages.)
So expect most things to be waaaay more fleshed out a few builds down the line.
The woods background being like that was more cost efficient since it was an asset that we still had, and commissioning lots of expensive new art is not really an option for us atm. Could you elaborate on the lake softlock, I don't really know what you mean there?
Thank you for the kind words about art and writing. And like you said, beyond the card mechanics renpy would be better, but the cardgame very important to us so switching to renpy isn't an option, we're looking at different ways of improving the experience of the visual novel by revamping the systems which we'll share updates for on our and .
Well if you fooling around with the idea of adding content like that I think I will pass. A tip for the future Harem + NTRish is not a good mix.
Don't get me wrong, we don't like NTR ourselves either, but if the mc/player isn't interested in a girl he could pass her along to the goblins or something. This would be COMPLETELY UP TO THE PLAYER If that ain't your cup of tea no problem, you say no. It would have a obvious and very VISIBLE flag before the choice and probably also in the choice options.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Don't get me wrong, we don't like NTR ourselves either, but if the mc/player isn't interested in a girl he could pass her along to the goblins or something. This would be COMPLETELY UP TO THE PLAYER If that ain't your cup of tea no problem, you say no. It would have a obvious and very VISIBLE flag before the choice and probably also in the choice options.
You said you didn't like it then wouldn't be easier just not adding it? I mean why spend time writing and drawing a scene that you don't like, most of your fans will not enjoy and will drive away a huge amount of harem fans? Don't lie to yourself even if its "avoidable" or "optional" it still will piss a lot of your potential supporters and you will always be remembered as one of those dev that keep trying to mix harem and ntr and fail doing it. Look games is yours so it is obviously up to you but I will give you an advice, you want to make a good harem game and get as much support as you can? Keep any non MC cock as far away as possible from the LI.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
You said you didn't like it then wouldn't be easier just not adding it? I mean why spend time writing and drawing a scene that you don't like, most of your fans will not enjoy and will drive away a huge amount of harem fans? Don't lie to yourself even if its "avoidable" or "optional" it still will piss a lot of your potential supporters and you will always be remembered as one of those dev that keep trying to mix harem and ntr and fail doing it. Look games is yours so it is obviously up to you but I will give you an advice, you want to make a good harem game and get as much support as you can? Keep any non MC cock as far away as possible from the LI.
Remind me a bit of Tyrant Quest where Redikal found it suiting that as a need for the Harem Route the captured bodyguard of the princess is getting overpowered by one of the orc subordinates while trying to escape and there let it happen that he rapes her so she is learning on the hard tour, that you better sucker up to the dark lord. Well the players where not happy and so the Dev decided with next update to change it that for harem route the Dark Lord has to step in to show that his treasured concubines are safe as long as thy decide not to go against him next time.

ProtDan

Nov 27, 2019
Wow, that's a long ass comment, but some very useful feedback so Imma try to respond to it to the best of my ability! For the freeze up with Hayley the script just missed about 20 lines.:oops: Thanks for pointing out the bandit leader thing! Kinda forgot I made it an optional. As for Tim, yeah. I agree I've kinda been using his character too much, will tone it down in future updates I'm happy you still think he's cool though :p. I'm working on a walkthrough, but I don't know if it'll be done before next build.
The bandit was originally meant as a sort of throwaway character, but I kinda liked writing her and made up a backstory, so she'll have more content for those who choose to enslave her, but also for people that turned her in it'll just be a while later.
The day/night cycle isn't really filled with options yet since it was only implemented this update and it takes a considerable amount of planning to add events thanks to the openworld aspect. (yet another problem of the game still being in it's early development stages.)
So expect most things to be waaaay more fleshed out a few builds down the line.
The woods background being like that was more cost efficient since it was an asset that we still had, and commissioning lots of expensive new art is not really an option for us atm. Could you elaborate on the lake softlock, I don't really know what you mean there?
Thank you for the kind words about art and writing. And like you said, beyond the card mechanics renpy would be better, but the cardgame very important to us so switching to renpy isn't an option, we're looking at different ways of improving the experience of the visual novel by revamping the systems which we'll share updates for on our and .
I know it was kinda rambly but I just kept writing whatever was popping into my head at the time, sorry if it was hard to decipher.
Bugs are bugs, I get it, though the Haley one is probably one of the worst places where it could happen :KEK:.

On the Tim thing, I like him so far so it's not an issue of him being in too many scenes, it's more that he has more scenes than the girls, which really should be more of a focus this early, IMO. The fact that I barely remember the goblin waifus name but I know who Tim is says enough I think. Like, I get that it's really early and there's not that many scenes to begin with right now, but it's somewhat weird going into an adult game and having so many scenes with your "bro" over the waifus, you know. It will probably be less of an issue later when it's more fleshed out tbf. Do take into account that I got softlocked with the Haley bug so I might have missed out on some scenes. On that note, I meant I didn't really bother going to the lake more than once before giving up since I was softlocked with Haley, not that the lake softlocked me.

On the bandit leader thing, I expected her to be at least a major supporting character since she has 2 scenes(which is as many a the main gobbo waifu rn) I know of already, the rape scene which I rolled back, so not sure how expansive it is, and the slave part which I again gave up on eventually. On that note, it would be nice if you made it more obvious that one choice is basically enslaving her, was kind surprised when it got brought up. I thought it was a choice between keeping her in the story itself or not and you get an option how to deal with her later. Good to know that she still will be a thing later even if you don't go the evil route, but you really need to signal some of these things better, IMO.

The issues with the sandbox are kinda unfixable rn, that's kinda true. The only thing I can think off that would help right now would be an end of content message for each menu option when it's the case or even outright hiding said menu option when there's no content left, except the repeatables which should still have at least 1 end of content message. The Day/Night cycle is something I just don't enjoy at all because you really can't play without a walktrough when they exist but such is life, there still needs to be a pretty clear indicator when it's night and day in the overworld map though. A time skipping/instasleep option wouldn't be amiss either, from the overworld I mean, so you don't have to navigate 10 million menus to get to it.

The wood background, I get it, it just feels incredibly cheap and low effort compared to the rest of the game so far. Also, fixing the the top left icons so they don't overlap text should really be a priority, beyond showing the points earned it also showed to go back to the bandit the next day, so they're terribly in the way.

You're already above most Unity games that follow the Renpy format anyways, simply because you added rollback and skip text, was just saying that it would probably be less buggy in Renpy right now.

Well shit, there you go, another novel for you. Hopefully it's more coherent this time.

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
Remind me a bit of Tyrant Quest where Redikal found it suiting that as a need for the Harem Route the captured bodyguard of the princess is getting overpowered by one of the orc subordinates while trying to escape and there let it happen that he rapes her so she is learning on the hard tour, that you better sucker up to the dark lord. Well the players where not happy and so the Dev decided with next update to change it that for harem route the Dark Lord has to step in to show that his treasured concubines are safe as long as thy decide not to go against him next time.
Yeah remember, tons of drama for a scene that didn't add shit to the plot. I think it was a waste of time and resources to be honest, ok I get the setting, the LI is about to get raped and the protagonist shows up and save her, all good but why write a scene where the protagonist don't save her? Who would want to spend month waiting for an update and when it finally arrived it have 2 scenes and one of those is that shit?

Reactions: lxh123

jizzycow

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2021
It would definitely be easier, but that's not what you originally asked, "you asked will you add ntr" to which I replied "we might" that's because we really aren't sure on that yet, right now there's I'd say about a 10% we'd add it, and that would only be if we ourselves as ntr Haters would like the narrative we put it in. I could've just said "no" But since we're still thinking about it we don't want to break expectations/limit our narrative options by changing our minds on it later. The MC will always be the center of the action, but maybe we want our main man Tim to acquire a cute lil' side piece, ya know... Help a brother out. We're not sure yet. In this case we wouldn't take a char like Tisha or Hayley, but we'd make another char altogether for that specific narrative event...
Oh I remember that, that one was awful XD. The last thing I want is to retcon a piece of story I wrote.
I know it was kinda rambly but I just kept writing whatever was popping into my head at the time, sorry if it was hard to decipher.
Bugs are bugs, I get it, though the Haley one is probably one of the worst places where it could happen :KEK:.

On the Tim thing, I like him so far so it's not an issue of him being in too many scenes, it's more that he has more scenes than the girls, which really should be more of a focus this early, IMO. The fact that I barely remember the goblin waifus name but I know who Tim is says enough I think. Like, I get that it's really early and there's not that many scenes to begin with right now, but it's somewhat weird going into an adult game and having so many scenes with your "bro" over the waifus, you know. It will probably be less of an issue later when it's more fleshed out tbf. Do take into account that I got softlocked with the Haley bug so I might have missed out on some scenes. On that note, I meant I didn't really bother going to the lake more than once before giving up since I was softlocked with Haley, not that the lake softlocked me.

On the bandit leader thing, I expected her to be at least a major supporting character since she has 2 scenes(which is as many a the main gobbo waifu rn) I know of already, the rape scene which I rolled back, so not sure how expansive it is, and the slave part which I again gave up on eventually. On that note, it would be nice if you made it more obvious that one choice is basically enslaving her, was kind surprised when it got brought up. I thought it was a choice between keeping her in the story itself or not and you get an option how to deal with her later. Good to know that she still will be a thing later even if you don't go the evil route, but you really need to signal some of these things better, IMO.

The issues with the sandbox are kinda unfixable rn, that's kinda true. The only thing I can think off that would help right now would be an end of content message for each menu option when it's the case or even outright hiding said menu option when there's no content left, except the repeatables which should still have at least 1 end of content message. The Day/Night cycle is something I just don't enjoy at all because you really can't play without a walktrough when they exist but such is life, there still needs to be a pretty clear indicator when it's night and day in the overworld map though. A time skipping/instasleep option wouldn't be amiss either, from the overworld I mean, so you don't have to navigate 10 million menus to get to it.

The wood background, I get it, it just feels incredibly cheap and low effort compared to the rest of the game so far. Also, fixing the the top left icons so they don't overlap text should really be a priority, beyond showing the points earned it also showed to go back to the bandit the next day, so they're terribly in the way.

You're already above most Unity games that follow the Renpy format anyways, simply because you added rollback and skip text, was just saying that it would probably be less buggy in Renpy right now.

Well shit, there you go, another novel for you. Hopefully it's more coherent this time.
No problem man, we appreciate the feedback.
Yeah, like I said. I don't think I'll rewrite any of the previous events in this regard, but going forward I'll do my best to focus more on the other characters, mostly the waifus ;) *Moves Tim sidequest for next build to a later build, jk*
I actually added a mega link to a patched version that fixes the softlock and (I hope) all the other text freezes.
The choice on enslaving or not would prolly need another look if players get confused like this, but on the evil route it is a choice between enslaving and killing, so I should prolly rethink most of the coding on the bandit interactions and checks.
End of content messages and clarity on all that will definitely be back next month, this month had the problem of us aiming very high and not realizing how much work it would be to implement all the menu's and references they'd go to. The quest log and such would probably be helpful in that regard.
Yeah, I've thought about the time indicator/skipper. Hadn't really figured out a way to do it yet. Will probably be another upper screen menu item though. Speaking of, them overlapping that top text is something we're working on, next build they'll be in the right corner.:sneaky:
Always nice to hear we're above most, but we won't be satisfied till we're the best!:ROFLMAO: So no problem about the novel, I like reading. Next time discord might be a bit easier for me to respond in though, f95'z formatting is kind of a pain to look at once the messages get longer.

• Angry
Reactions: EJW and bruce555

Kalsan

Mar 19, 2020
It would definitely be easier, but that's not what you originally asked, "you asked will you add ntr" to which I replied "we might" that's because we really aren't sure on that yet, right now there's I'd say about a 10% we'd add it, and that would only be if we ourselves as ntr Haters would like the narrative we put it in. I could've just said "no" But since we're still thinking about it we don't want to break expectations/limit our narrative options by changing our minds on it later. The MC will always be the center of the action, but maybe we want our main man Tim to acquire a cute lil' side piece, ya know... Help a brother out. We're not sure yet. In this case we wouldn't take a char like Tisha or Hayley, but we'd make another char altogether for that specific narrative event...

Oh I remember that, that one was awful XD. The last thing I want is to retcon a piece of story I wrote.

No problem man, we appreciate the feedback.
Yeah, like I said. I don't think I'll rewrite any of the previous events in this regard, but going forward I'll do my best to focus more on the other characters, mostly the waifus ;) *Moves Tim sidequest for next build to a later build, jk*
I actually added a mega link to a patched version that fixes the softlock and (I hope) all the other text freezes.
The choice on enslaving or not would prolly need another look if players get confused like this, but on the evil route it is a choice between enslaving and killing, so I should prolly rethink most of the coding on the bandit interactions and checks.
End of content messages and clarity on all that will definitely be back next month, this month had the problem of us aiming very high and not realizing how much work it would be to implement all the menu's and references they'd go to. The quest log and such would probably be helpful in that regard.
Yeah, I've thought about the time indicator/skipper. Hadn't really figured out a way to do it yet. Will probably be another upper screen menu item though. Speaking of, them overlapping that top text is something we're working on, next build they'll be in the right corner.:sneaky:
Always nice to hear we're above most, but we won't be satisfied till we're the best!:ROFLMAO: So no problem about the novel, I like reading. Next time discord might be a bit easier for me to respond in though, f95'z formatting is kind of a pain to look at once the messages get longer.
Wait wait wait you consider yourself a ntr hater but still keep considering adding it to the game even if it a "10%" chance? Plus why a ntr hater would help that annoyance named Tim get laid? You will seriously spend time and resources writing shit like that? You know what nevermind I should have known where all of this was heading at.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
Wait wait wait you consider yourself a ntr hater but still keep considering adding it to the game even if it a "10%" chance? Plus why a ntr hater would help that annoyance named Tim get laid? You will seriously spend time and resources writing shit like that? You know what nevermind I should have known where all of this was heading at.
Bro, imagine getting that mad at the possibility of OPTIONAL content for other players who might be into it.

5k1n3xt

Jan 22, 2019
That's actually an annoying one, for most of them you can just scroll up to rollback the dialogue, but this one actually freezes the game cause I put a stop command in, my bad.:cry:
Nice to see it was just a bug and not an intentional design feature, also, may I ask what the green flask button at the top right is for? when i click it it just hides the menu.

jizzycow

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2021
I give up, some people man...
Bro, imagine getting that mad at the possibility of OPTIONAL content for other players who might be into it.
Right?!
Nice to see it was just a bug and not an intentional design feature, also, may I ask what the green flask button at the top right is for? when i click it it just hides the menu.
In future builds you'll be able to buy and find potions that will help in the card game, that's the inventory for it.

ProtDan

Nov 27, 2019
Only gonna comment on this, but yeah, the options for the the bandit leader on the good route are kinda vague. It's either give her to the village, which I expected to more or less remove her from the game, or "keep" her, which I didn't really interpret as enslaving her at the time. The second one is simple to fix, just change the keep her part with enslave her or something more direct, the first part, you might add a blurb in Haley's dialogue that confirms that we'll see her in the future or something. The eventual walkthrough will probably fix the issue tbf, but it might be nice to make it less confusing anyways.

Also yeah, it would be a shame to not use her as a character when you already commissioned at least 2 scenes for her this early.

I'll chime in on the NTR front, as someone that despises NTR or anything even adjacent to it like sharing/voyeur and sometimes even optional NTR is enough to dissuade me from playing, what you're talking about has nothing to do with it, so stop calling it NTR. Creating an exclusive waifu for TIM that the MC will never touch anyways is not really an issue. Commissioning art of them fucking feels like a massive waste and something that the harem audience(if that's what you're looking for) will want to skip anyways but that's a different beast at that point. Even having naked renders of them might ruffle some feathers like "why isn't she a LI?", but it's not an inherently terrible thing as long as it's very obvious from the onset that she's Tim's waifu and never will have even the slightest sexual interactions with the MC. At the end of the day, I think that any commission money beyond the basic character is better spent on revamping that forest scene or more of the actual waifus.

Just my 2 cents.

3.30 star(s) 10 Votes